Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yes, agreed, a loan or permanent move with a buyback option could make a lot of sense for all parties.

As for Hojland and us, a strike force of a 20 year old with 9 Serie A goals and Martial (for 15-20 games per season) is not what we need to have confidence in launching a title challenge.

I'm certainly excited about bringing in Hojland or someone of his profile who could become a great striker, but it's just unlikely that he's going to push us over the top next season.

That said, if he develops well, this could move could set up our squad up for a title challenge in the next 2-3 seasons, so long as we use that time to develop or buy strong cover/long-term replacements for Varane and Casemiro.

This would make for an interesting next few seasons
This is surely the name of the game for us for the next few seasons. Keep knocking on the door and developing players, improving our reputation for waste and mismanagement, cleaning up the squad, selling better and getting the wage bill under control. Even if we get bought by Qatar I’d hate for us to go out and buy Mbappe Gvardiol and so on and just start smashing it. I’d much rather see us steadily pick up some players who can grow as a unit together over a few seasons and slowly turn ourselves back into a self sustaining club with cutting edge scouting, coaching, analytics and youth development in a state of the art stadium and training facility. After that if we are managed well there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be competitive for generations to come.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wanted him for months now, since the first rumours appeared. Will be happy if this is finally done
Yeah me too. It's important to have huge potential. Can't have just an average striker. He could ultimately turn out to be that, but he has such a wide range of qualities that is very encouraging. Big guy, but has at just age 20 shown a very high hold up play level, pace, power, very good technique and can really twat the ball properly. Antony and Martial for example always just side foot it, don't know how to properly strike with your laces. Hojlund seems to have a big variety in how he can shoot. You combine it all and you have the potential to be a truly elite CF, but it's important to stress he's only 20 and raw. So he'll have ineffective games, he'll need to learn how to make his physical advantage count especially in the prem, he'll need to work on his movement to get that natural goalscoring knack that Haaland has always had (doesn't need to be the same level, but improvement always there). But he'll transform us once he adapts. If he comes.... Really hope it happens quickly.

Mainoldo

Absolutely absurd opinion. If we give them Greenwood who to date has shown himself to be twice the player and money on top then it would be hall of fame of terrible transfers even for us.

We can quite easily loan Greenwood out and then sell him for more than Hoijlund down the line.
I like how we feel it’s acceptable to make profit on a player we are disgusted by.

Not just release him… let him be profitable then make him someone else’s problem for a fee.

The morals love to contradict. :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

I like how we feel it’s acceptable to make profit on a player we are disgusted by.

Not just release him… let him be profitable then make him someone else’s problem for a fee.

This is exactly what I’ve been saying!!!!!

The hypocrisy is staggering. People are so loud about their concern but don’t want to lose a penny on the asset. If you’re happy for him to play elsewhere then I struggle to find a legitimate reason why people wouldn’t want him to play for us.

I said it in another thread & the post was deleted, people don’t care - they like to act like they do & rage on the internet but they don’t really give a damn.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

I noticed it too when i wrote my post. I was; " Wait, i don't want him in first team but i want 50 mil? Wtf? :lol:"
Yeah, we are bunch of hypocrites here. Lots of us.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
What a nothing tweet.

Really...a fee and the structure of the deal will be under discussion. Mesmerising stuff. Not something I'd expect for a transfer deal. I thought discussions would center on the boots he'll wear.

Really is pathetic what passes as a scoop these days.
Hahahah I hate this so much. Just like the "BREAKING:" when absolutely zero news is being broken. I think I should give journalism a go as well, seems easy these days.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Hojlund still got a long way to go and his stats are pretty meh. I'm going to be honest, in every other season I'd have been underwhelmed but the Weghorst-Martial combo was depressing as feck so I'm a bit more lenient and I'm just telling myself 'well he bangs in one after another for Denmark and we definitely have the squad that could supply him'. Hope he works out if we end up getting him. I will forever be a muppet though, so I hope they make it happen quickly.

Nickosaur

6 in 6 for Denmark.
Just watched highlights of his recent game vs Slovenia - looked a lot quicker and more skillful than I've seen in other highlights videos.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Our best moments were new contracts for Williams and McT.
"Nobody wants you and you want to stay. Here is 5 times more on your current contract".
Weird picking two players who are on relatively low wages. What about our best of best moments handing out insane wages to the likes of Sanchez, Pogba, Sancho or DdG?

Siorac

Hahahah I hate this so much. Just like the "BREAKING:" when absolutely zero news is being broken. I think I should give journalism a go as well, seems easy these days.
In the Mount thread a tweet was posted saying something along the lines of 'Erik ten Hag wanted to sign him for his work on and off the ball' - some scoop, that. Piercing insight.

jesperjaap

:lol:

Consderng take prolonged take over and supposed relatve budget, I think we should offer Greenwood as a straight swap wth a buy back clause for say £55m or whatever the realstic cost of Hojlund would be.

Atalanta are gettng a player that was better than Hojlund and is more talented so could be gettng a better player for nothng and f he gets back and mproves on the player he was, if we decded aganst buyng hm back, they probably could sell him for far more than £55m, he was valued at £100m before all the drama.

For us, we are rdding ourselves of all the negatvty around the player and gettng the striker we crave for nothng, whch gets some of the value out of Greenwoods huge ablty and the tme and money spent on him n development and wages and our budget hasnt been affected at all. He has been out a long tme and may not mentally, desre wse or physcally get anythng back to the player he was or stll carry too much negativty to com eback anyway.....but f the stuatons changes we can buy hm back wth new owners

NLunited

This is exactly what I’ve been saying!!!!!

The hypocrisy is staggering. People are so loud about their concern but don’t want to lose a penny on the asset. If you’re happy for him to play elsewhere then I struggle to find a legitimate reason why people wouldn’t want him to play for us.

I said it in another thread & the post was deleted, people don’t care - they like to act like they do & rage on the internet but they don’t really give a damn.
It‘s flawed reasoning. Let‘s say we kick him out, then another team can pick him up for free. Or we can minimize the damage to the club he did by getting a fee for him.

He is going to play again no matter what we do.

OrcaFat

If you compare Hojlund's recent season:

Age 19 - MP 32 (20 starts) 1834 Min played 9G 2A (.54 G+A per 90)

Lewandowski 1st season at Dortmund

Age 21 - MP 33 (15 Starts) 1591 min Played 8g 1A (.51 G+A per 90)

I think they profile similarly. Plus strikers do not really peak until after the age of 24. If he is the player Ten Haag wants, lets get him becuase I believe that he can reach his immense potential under Ten Haag.
24? Most strikers peak a lot later than that. Nearly all footballers are getting better until they are about 30 unless they have a lot of injuries.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It‘s flawed reasoning. Let‘s say we kick him out, then another team can pick him up for free. Or we can minimize the damage to the club he did by getting a fee for him.

He is going to play again no matter what we do.
For a reason

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes, he‘s talented. I‘ll leave it up to the club whether he deserves a second chance here.
No that's not the reason, but I digress.
A loan in Italy probably not a bad option for him and the club

Valencia Shin Crosses

He didn't really show anything at centre-forward in the first team. His best spells came as a wide forward on the right and we were hoping that eventually he could transition to playing CF like Van Persie did back then. But it wasn't guaranteed by any means.
Disagree, pre-Ronaldo signing he looked dynamite and our best attacker through the middle. But we signed CR and put him back on the RW (and their chem was horrific)

Given how we set up last year he would have been perfect

Valencia Shin Crosses

oh no....i was completely on board with going all in on Kane more so than Osimhen simply b/c we know Kane can score goals in the league. With both seemingly out of our budget, it comes down to who may help us next year start to challenge for trophies but then also beyond. Muani is too expensive and he's a winger so no....Ramos as you see the opinion below, taht he's a much more polished finisher right now but his fee is also more expensive and who has the bigger ceiling???

to follow up you based on the above chat....Hojlund probably has the higher ceiling b/c of his physical attributes not too mention his fee is more manageable for us right now. Now the question lies is can we rely Martial until Hojlund is ready? where i think Ramos is ready to make an immediate impact which makes Martial less of a reliance for us
You're probably right that Ramos is more ready made. But honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Hojlund make an immediate impact even if he isn't a lethal goalscorer yet. The bar is so low for our CF play from last season that just offering dynamism and quick movement will be a huge improvement. Although of course Martial will probably look fresh in preseason and play like an 80m player like he did last preseason I'm sure to get our hopes up :lol:

TheRedHearted

Does anyone know what Greenwoods fitness and training has been like? I imagine he had to keep himself super busy for any hope.
Mason greenwood to Atalanta on loan... sweetener for hojburg.
Greenwood spends a year out of the public eye and getting himself scoring goals and fully fit, back to Man Utd next year or sold for £50-100m if he does well enough.

it makes sense
He won’t be worth 100 after one good season, especially since it’s us selling.

I agree. Not giving up on getting 70 million for the little scrote yet.
Juve were in for him and if he does a great job in Italy, it seems like they would give it a bite. I honestly would see Munich in for him. I mean if it’s anyone who believes in second chances, gotta be them right?

Almost makes too much sense, doesn’t it?

Whatever you think of Greenwood, we’re sitting on a commodity who is worth a ridiculous amount of money. We aren’t terminating his contract. He gets a good loan. We can still sell him further down the line. We get a replacement who appears to be a genuine target.
Yeah it makes a lot of sense and he needs to be loaned out this season. No questions asked

croadyman

He's rapid and strong and seems to have good instincts in the box. Those are all things that can't really be taught. If he can develop his finishing, he could turn in to a bit of a monster. I agree, good signing (although I'd hope perhaps he was accompanied by a more experienced #9).
Hopefully Benni can help him with improving his finishing,worked well with Rashford last summer

L1nk

That whole 86mill thing is the biggest load of b*llocks, one English journalist said around 100mill Euros once and they all run with that exact number now. Where as Romano and others have consistently said around 60-70mill Euros and that Atalanta are kinda surprised people think they value him that high. Aint nobody believing that shit and we certainly aren’t paying nowhere near that much for him, if we were genuinely quoted that much and they weren’t going to budge we’d have walked away quicker than we did with Kane by now. I may yet be proved wrong of course but I just don’t see it

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
In the Mount thread a tweet was posted saying something along the lines of 'Erik ten Hag wanted to sign him for his work on and off the ball' - some scoop, that. Piercing insight.
"BREAKING: Erik ten Hag wants to sign football players."

Red00012

I can’t see a fee been anywhere near the €80 million mark. €40million with Mount’s add on’s and MG loan thrown in would be ok I guess even though I still have doubts over his ability.

bosskeano

You're probably right that Ramos is more ready made. But honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Hojlund make an immediate impact even if he isn't a lethal goalscorer yet. The bar is so low for our CF play from last season that just offering dynamism and quick movement will be a huge improvement. Although of course Martial will probably look fresh in preseason and play like an 80m player like he did last preseason I'm sure to get our hopes up :lol:
and that will end quickly the first time he has to make a run in a regular match or track and he starts walking again....fuking huge waste of talent

L1nk

What sort of player is this lad? Is he a lump or a fast lump?
Info is a little conflicting on how big he actually is, but he's somewhere between 6'1 and 6'3, has good upper body strength for someone his age, and according to his manager, runs the 100 metre in under 11 seconds if he seriously tries, this guy is quick.

Someone above said Cavani and I think that's pretty good, he reminds me of Fernando Torres when he's running though

https://youtube.com/shorts/DLbT9PLmhyM?feature=share

I wouldn't say this is the best video but it shows that he has the pace if he wants to use it

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

To start at £50m? That's already too much. Hope that report is wrong £50m is really the max we should be looking to pay for such a big risk
Okay, say we set the max at £50m but it's not enough. Who do we go for instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.