Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This is what I can’t get my head around. I like the look of him from the clips I’ve seen and agree massively with the post @bosnian_red made. But feck, it just seems mad that the biggest club in Danish football sold him for peanuts two years ago with him barely scoring a goal. And two years later he’s now the biggest prospect in Danish football and is moving to man United for the best part of 70 million. It’s actually insane. This kinda doesn’t really happen. You always kinda see these players coming and see their path. With him you’re just sat there thinking “what”..
Didn't get your post. Are you suggesting something isn't right if Copenhagen didn't see it with him or are you amazed at the progress he has made?

Nogho

Suddenly we are a team brimming with talent. Looking good in the future to come. Love what the general from Haaksbergen is cooking!

Anustart89

This is what I can’t get my head around. I like the look of him from the clips I’ve seen and agree massively with the post @bosnian_red made. But feck, it just seems mad that the biggest club in Danish football sold him for peanuts two years ago with him barely scoring a goal. And two years later he’s now the biggest prospect in Danish football and is moving to man United for the best part of 70 million. It’s actually insane. This kinda doesn’t really happen. You always kinda see these players coming and see their path. With him you’re just sat there thinking “what”..
I think our perspective's been skewed due to some recent top players being in the rare category of players who delivered at a high level from an incredibly young age. The fact that Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland and Mbappé performed at elite levels aged 18-20 makes us think that any player who isn't delivering at a ridiculously high level at a ridiculously young age can never become a top player. But if you actually look at it, as has been pointed out in this thread, it's just as common for today's top players to have a more "normal" trajectory with them really showing their ascent into the top player territory at 22-23 years of age.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Those his goals from cutbacks are so routine for him. It’s a bit of a worry though that asides Shaw, none of fullbacks are good at l crossing. Then there’s also our wingers who only tend to cut inside and rarely goes on the outside to give the cutback. Maybe Bruno can play similarly to De Bruyne in how he overlaps on the right hand side to provide the cutback into the box. I can see Bruno getting a few assists like that

Glorio

Those his goals from cutbacks are so routine for him. It’s a bit of a worry though that asides Shaw, none of fullbacks are good at l crossing. Then there’s also our wingers who only tend to cut inside and rarely goes on the outside to give the cutback. Maybe Bruno can play similarly to De Bruyne in how he overlaps on the right hand side to provide the cutback into the box. I can see Bruno getting a few assists like that
Garnacho likes to run to the byline, check back and fizz balls across the face of goal with his strong foot a few times

glasgow 21

A generational piece of shit.
[/QUOTE]
you will have you time to moan in a few weeks when we can all have our say till then maybe best to shut up and wait.

LFG

FC Copenhagen fan here. I love my club but they also had Haaland on trial and didn’t offer him a contract. So they might just not be good a seeing potential.

In Højlunds case he was also the victim of them bringing in what they considered a big signing in Khouma Babacar in Jan 22. After that, he was smart and understood he needed to move on for a genuine shot at first team football.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Garnacho likes to run to the byline, check back and fizz balls across the face of goal with his strong foot a few times
Yeah. He also uses his left foot at times. But if Hojlund is playing, Rashford and Antony would be the wingers and they rarely do those cutbacks. Rashford may not really need to given Shaw can overlap and do it, but on the right side, we don’t really have anyone that can on a consistent basis

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd say that at those ages that is exactly what happens. People progress different parts of their games at different speeds. Some are like Mbappe, Messi, Benzema who were rated very highly from a young age, others are like Lewandowski or Dzeko who weren't rated that highly until they just clicked.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well it happens all the time with young players isn’t it? I still remember last summer we are not interested in signing Enzo for merely 15m. Then in 5 months time everyone wants him and he cost Chelsea 105m.

And then we also have famous story of Chelsea dumping the likes of Salah and De Bryune when they were only 22-23. Then within 2-3 years they became the best players in PL.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
i'd take the Parma and peak Inter Adriano (2002-5) as default level for Rasmus, but lets hope his career doesn't tail off in quite the same fashion...
Adriano at age 20-23 was really something else, he was basically a generational talent. I remembered he was at one point compared and regarded as successor to L.Ronaldo at Brazil, with his impressive pace, strength and skills and powerful shots. It’s just that he got distracted later somehow by non-football matters (drinking, partying etc) which effectively ends/shorten his peak/career.

I regarded his peak to be as good as someone like Batistuta (my favourite striker in 90s, who had far longer peak BTW).

If Hojlund gets anywhere to his peak level, we’ve got a huge bargain there.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I just hope the likes of Rashford and Antony can learn how to play with a no.9 quickly.
I think Sancho will do well with Rasmus. He’ll be able to find him better than the others based on his creative work with Haaland at Dortmund and his preseason form. I think he’s going to hit the ground running this year and Rasmus will hopefully benefit. He looks up for it and having someone explosive to play off will be great for both.

Last edited:

avgp_1

The only player it will really affect is Onana who does love a target man to win his long balls but generally we are a side who plays along the floor in final third. Most excited about his dribbling and hold up play, I think that he's very astute technically for such an inexperienced CF although his killer passing will have people tearing their hair out to begin with. I don't think we have had a 9 as mobile as this since Saha, or as powerful since Mark Hughes - so this will be a very different type of forward for United fans to get used to as well as the squad.
Actually think his hold up play is not that refined yet which is understandable tbh. He looks pretty good when he drops deeper and links up play or out wide being able to turn and run on the channels, but through the middle with defenders on the back of him facing his own goal, he does struggle to keep his balance to be able to manoeuvre the ball. Its not technical IMO but something he has to work on

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Actually think his hold up play is not that refined yet which is understandable tbh. He looks pretty good when he drops deeper and links up play or out wide being able to turn and run on the channels, but through the middle with defenders on the back of him facing his own goal, he does struggle to keep his balance to be able to manoeuvre the ball. Its not technical IMO but something he has to work on
Hes great at hold up

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hes great at hold up
Yeah his hold up play looks impressive. Obviously sometimes players need to raise their level to meet the rigours of the PL and I can see him struggling initially in that regard. But initial physical optimisation aside, both his hold up play and link up when dropping deep look impressive and well ahead of what you’d expect from a 20 year old.

I just want him to start well and get over the initial pressure stage where people are fickle as feck.

avgp_1

Hes great at hold up
I wont call him great,. He looks much better dropping off the CBs or out wide but through the middle he can get caught out by the pressure of the defender on the back of him. I have watched around a dozen games of his last season for Atalanta (not for Denmark mind you) and I do like him a lot but its one thing that has caught my attention.

Its one of the reasons he drifts out wide so much. Again its not technical its more down to handling his balance when the defender is all over him and players are around to snatch the ball off him

Strelok

I am seeing more an Adriano. Big powerful with some decent footwork.
Prime Adriano was one of the best strikers the game has ever seen mate. Big, tall, very strong, extremely powerful and fast but also very tidy and such a baller. An incredible shot with both feet. And what a hip he could literally shoot from any angle. If Hojlund could become half as good we've hit gold mate.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Prime Adriano was one of the best strikers the game has ever seen mate. Big, tall, very strong, extremely powerful and fast but also very tidy and such a baller. An incredible shot with both feet. And what a hip he could literally shoot from any angle. If Hojlund could become half as good we've hit gold mate.
Here's hoping.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I watched a lot of his footages as in clips with all his touches in many games. I can see why Ten Hag wanted him but he's currently very raw and folks with wildly high expectations would have to tamper them not to be disappointed.

He has all the attributes Ten Hag wants specifically and flash potential of being great. He's big, can back his defender, presses like a mad man and runs into the channels. However right now he's still very raw, his touch is very inconsistent which means he doesn't yet maximize his strength when he's receiving the ball with a defender on his back. It lead to loose touches at times.

His final ball isn't quite there yet. You can see he gets in good situations but doesn't quite have the final ball in him. But watching him I totally understand why Ten Hag wants him given the profile of player he's been looking for striker since he's been here at United. Kid has got that Wout work rate and he potentially can be great in his hold up play if his touch becomes less inconsistent.

Folks will have to be patient with him during this season. I can already imagine how and what will frustrate people with him after extensively watching his clips(not highlight but clips covering all his in game touches and movements). But the profile of player he is and the flash of potential he's shown are too great and understandably Ten Hag wouldn't pass on them. But he's quite raw so I'd advice patience and adjusted expectations for this season.

Also seeing the type of defense played on him, I see no problem with him adapting to the PL. He get roughed quite often with defenders stuck to him when he receives the ball. He can handle any physicality from what I've watched.

DarnleyDevil7

Hope this is confirmed soon and he's involved in one of the friendly games.

Would love him to come of the bench vs Wolves on the first MNF of the season and to seal the victory with a goal. OLD TRAFFORD will erupt :)

resimad7

Medical Tuesday, contracts and photoshoots Wednesday and announcement Thursday 9am. The typical slow process this club seems to make with these signings.

I remember when the club website put official statements out saying they’ve reached an agreement to sign a player pending medical and work permit check. Why have they stopped doing this?

crossy1686

career ending
Simply not true.

Havertz was purchased for 80m. considered underwhelming by Chelsea fans. Didn't reach their expectations. Recouped 75m for him.

That's an almost 100% recoup of the original fee paid for him. Plenty of players have unflattering spells at clubs and then find themselves being sold at 75% of their original value.

To state that a player is worth zero value after a poor spell at a single club is intellectually dishonest.
In the last 10 years, the only player we've managed to recoup any kind of decent money on was Lukaku and that was because he wanted to leave. We'd never be able to sell the likes of Sancho, Martial, Maguire etc for anywhere near the fee we paid for them, and in a world where we could, we simply don't want to sell them to a rival anyway.

Trex

In the last 10 years, the only player we've managed to recoup any kind of decent money on was Lukaku and that was because he wanted to leave. We'd never be able to sell the likes of Sancho, Martial, Maguire etc for anywhere near the fee we paid for them, and in a world where we could, we simply don't want to sell them to a rival anyway.
I don't mind selling Maguire to a rival:lol:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Their wages are also way higher than what others would pay. Hopefully we haven't chucked insane wages at Højlund.

Status
Not open for further replies.