Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

This is a long medical. Big upgrade on "Turn to the left and cough..."
Afaik a standard medical (in football transfer) with a shitload of different tests usually takes up to two days. Sometime three days if necessary.

BuzzKillington

Gotta admit, I'm getting more excited about this transfer by the day. Can't wait to see what he brings to the team!
Same. I wasn’t happy with the fee, but feck it. If you can’t get excited for a new, relatively unknown quantity of a striker, then you’re probably following the wrong sport.

Jacob

Probably run an analysis on how to optimize clicks and social media interaction.

Strelok

Just read on the Metro that he has completed his medical and even did an interview.

L1nk

Romano said as much last night, all medical tests completed and some media commitments before he signs his contract today.
Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the info mate. Hope we'd announce soon.

Annoyingly he's kinda gone back on that this morning and suggested there's more medical to do. But I imagine he'll be training with the team today regardless

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
So likely sub appearance Saturday?
Hopeful start in last friendly?

How many pre season games has he had?

Chairman Steve

FC Copenhagen must be kicking themselves and screaming into a pillow watching Hojlund move to United, with Atalanta getting a tidy sum of money and Sturm Graz probably getting a sell on fee too :lol:

Hate to be the guy at Copenhagen who sanctioned his original sale and watching this all unfold.

DanishFan

So likely sub appearance Saturday?
Hopeful start in last friendly?

How many pre season games has he had?
As far I can see from Atalantas website:

16/07: Played 45 minutes in Atalantas 10-0 win. Scored a goal.
20/07: Played 45 minutes in Atalantas 11-0 win. Scored a goal.
22/07: Played 60 minutes in Atalantas 10-0 win. No goals.
26/07: Played 30 minutes in Atalantas 6-0 win. No goals.

And then was left out of the squad in their latest game against Bournemouth.

L1nk

FC Copenhagen must be kicking themselves and screaming into a pillow watching Hojlund move to United, with Atalanta getting a tidy sum of money and Sturm Graz probably getting a sell on fee too :lol:

Hate to be the guy at Copenhagen who sanctioned his original sale and watching this all unfold.
A year and a half ago, 1.8mill Euro's :lol:

ForeverRed1

Still seeing so many comparisons to Haaland. It’s so lazy. Haaland is proven one of the best in the world and in contention for the next balon dor.

BuT HE oNLY SCorED 9 GOAls. Yes only the 5th kid under 20 (he was 19 most of the season) to score 9 goals in Serie A in the last 15 years. With a better goal/assist ratio per minute than both Nunez and jesus for example. He is rapid, makes good runs, is very good in the box, can press, is physical and strong, provides presence. He’s still only 20. He is full of potential.

it took rooney and Ronaldo a good few seasons in professional football to hit 20 goals.

the media are setting him up to fail with this lazy comparison. He will get labelled as a flop if he doesn’t hit so many goals and assists in his first year, He might do it.. he might not but one thing for sure, he will bring something to this team that we don’t currently have and haven’t for a long time. Exciting prospect.

Salfordlad70

Still seeing so many comparisons to Haaland. It’s so lazy. Haaland is proven one of the best in the world and in contention for the next balon dor.

BuT HE oNLY SCorED 9 GOAls. Yes only the 5th kid under 20 (he was 19 most of the season) to score 9 goals in Serie A in the last 15 years. With a better goal/assist ratio per minute than both Nunez and jesus for example. He is rapid, makes good runs, is very good in the box, can press, is physical and strong, provides presence. He’s still only 20. He is full of potential.

it took rooney and Ronaldo a good few seasons in professional football to hit 20 goals.

the media are setting him up to fail with this lazy comparison. He will get labelled as a flop if he doesn’t hit so many goals and assists in his first year, He might do it.. he might not but one thing for sure, he will bring something to this team that we don’t currently have and haven’t for a long time. Exciting prospect.
The comparisons are so lazy. I’m sure it’s because the names sound similar and because we’re talking a United and a City player.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Well... we have our own feck-up with Caicedo. $ 3-5 million offer to us but instead, two seasons later, he's worth 100million.

Superunknown

I'm bracing myself for a lot of unnecessary comparisons between Haaland and Rasmus in the media. It is lazy and I'm already bored of it before he has even kicked a ball.

Throw social media into the mix, which can be utterly unrelentless with the amount of articles, posts, tweets, videos about the same subject. People just like to talk absolute bollocks and love to create issues when there are none.

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm bracing myself for a lot of unnecessary comparisons between Haaland and Rasmus in the media. It is lazy and I'm already bored of it before he has even kicked a ball.

Throw social media into the mix, which can be utterly unrelentless with the amount of articles, posts, tweets, videos about the same subject. People just like to talk absolute bollocks and love to create issues when there are none.
Talksport with Jason cnuty and Gabby Agbonlabore will be frothing at the gash for him to not score 50 goals like Haaland did. I can see it now. He'll be considered a flop if he doesn't score 50 goals, and the twitter nobheads will lap it up and run with it.

Crick

In the last 10 years, the only player we've managed to recoup any kind of decent money on was Lukaku and that was because he wanted to leave. We'd never be able to sell the likes of Sancho, Martial, Maguire etc for anywhere near the fee we paid for them, and in a world where we could, we simply don't want to sell them to a rival anyway.
We don't like to admit we got a big signing wrong and resell them quickly. We usually make an excuse and give them more time. Chelsea would have resold Sancho, Antony, Martial, Maguire, DVB, Fred, (the list goes on) within two years and got decent fees for them. Lukaku was the exception for us.

crossy1686

career ending
We don't like to admit we got a big signing wrong and resell them quickly. We usually make an excuse and give them more time. Chelsea would have resold Sancho, Antony, Martial, Maguire, DVB, Fred, (the list goes on) within two years and got decent fees for them. Lukaku was the exception for us.
Yep, and that’s part of my point. We can’t and won’t sell them on due to salary and what we need to clear their value off the books. No one is paying what we want and they know we’re the ones that are desperate to sell. So more often than not it’s a loan with the option to buy at our expense, then they leave on a free anyway.

Crick

Medical Tuesday, contracts and photoshoots Wednesday and announcement Thursday 9am. The typical slow process this club seems to make with these signings.

I remember when the club website put official statements out saying they’ve reached an agreement to sign a player pending medical and work permit check. Why have they stopped doing this?
We got burnt with Aaron Ramsey. We announced pending medical, then he went to Arsenal. The club found it embarrassing.

Last edited:

Marcus

Can we as United fans please commit to defending him (as a low bar) in his first year regardless of performace as he adapts? And not get swept up with naysayers who are rival fans or news outlets trying to sell clicks?

Strelok

Annoyingly he's kinda gone back on that this morning and suggested there's more medical to do. But I imagine he'll be training with the team today regardless
Yeah a bit annoying but we'll announce him in the afternoon I guess. But I'd doubt he'd get any training with the team today. The announcement, taking photos with our kit, interview etc. might take the rest of the day I think. Anyway he still has plenty training time till Saturday. Hope ETH would give him some minutes or better, start him then.

Chairman Steve

Looks like the leaks have stopped as there are no pictures of him in our jersey
Didn’t some security guy at Carrington get sacked for releasing CCTV footage of Antony arriving through the front door last year? I don’t think any staff are taking chances like that again :p

Alemar

So do we need to wait for NYSE to open, or the official announcement could be made earlier?

Crick

Yep, and that’s part of my point. We can’t and won’t sell them on due to salary and what we need to clear their value off the books. No one is paying what we want and they know we’re the ones that are desperate to sell. So more often than not it’s a loan with the option to buy at our expense, then they leave on a free anyway.
It's who we are as a club, the family club. We don't give up on someone just because they are having a hard time. It's the same with overating our kids sometimes. Chelsea/City are more ruthless and short term. They sell their kids to make money. Both can be accused of going to far with their policy.

ForeverRed1

The comparisons are so lazy. I’m sure it’s because the names sound similar and because we’re talking a United and a City player.
someone said to me they are similar because they are both tall and strong and have similar skill set.

Oh, they are also both blonde and Scandinavian I guess…

Haaland is genuinely a generational talent though which remains to be seen with hojlund so straight off the bat it’s unfair imo. It’s lazy.

paulscholes18

So do we need to wait for NYSE to open, or the official announcement could be made earlier?
Don’t know, they might drop some MG news first, then announce the signing of Hojlund. We have been slow at announcing players as both Mount and Onana seemed to take a few days longer then needed.

ForeverRed1

Another point worth noting is how much people love to see united fail. It’s been a fantastic 10 years for many. So anything they can label a flop, they will. It’s also the reason city and their cheating barely gets a mention with many. Atleast it’s stopped united dominating and makes the league interesting, right? Newcastle is also fair game. Now united might get bought by Qatar.. the calls to stop state ownership have started. Seems fair to me. Hojlund will be just another thing they can wave a stick at when he doesn’t score 20+ goals in his first season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yes and as a result Chelsea have sold the two best players in the premier league. Possibly the leagues best ever right winger and the leagues best ever number 10. Chelsea are the opposite of a club we should be trying to copy, I’d much rather give our players support and a proper chance.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
As far I can see from Atalantas website:

16/07: Played 45 minutes in Atalantas 10-0 win. Scored a goal.
20/07: Played 45 minutes in Atalantas 11-0 win. Scored a goal.
22/07: Played 60 minutes in Atalantas 10-0 win. No goals.
26/07: Played 30 minutes in Atalantas 6-0 win. No goals.

And then was left out of the squad in their latest game against Bournemouth.
Who are Atlanta playing in these friendlies? Farmers? :lol:

Offsideagain

I hope, probably against hope, that we are patient with the lad. He's had a big build up by the media as all United signings do and there is only one reason for that. They, the Media, want him to go the way of Lukaku, Maguire, Pogba as the most expensive flops. Sancho and Antony have been in their crosshairs for a while. All this crap of Hojlund v Haaland should be ignored. Haaland has more top class experience than Hojlund. If he gets 15-20 goals this season, he will have done well. I reckon he will help the others to get more goals by taking the attention away from the likes of Rashford, Bruno, Garnacho and co. Looking forward to watching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.