g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelyman

Honestly, you will never find that working at any club. Take this further -- why not then apply this at the workplace? Who decides who a 'dickhead' is? How do you define a dickhead?
You have a 360 vote -- and then sack the dickhead(s)?

If people are being honest, we put too much faith in the players -- they are only very successful humans who inevitability will let it get to their heads. Thats why you would think the 'no dickheads' rule would be ridiculous for your workplace. The reason is that it's real life.

You may see them as sporting heroes. But thats on you -- and not them.

These guys or professional athletes will cheat on their wives/partners, and girlfriends; gamble, drink excessively or be downright untruthful. You can't help it -- most of us will be tempted if we are put into that position of elevated status in society. I can guarantee you that -- you would do the same thing.

The reality is that as fans we don't want to see the bad side of them -- maybe because we elevate them to such an unrealistic level -- until it's too late. We need our 'heroes'.

Thats on us.

This is also the reason why there has been such a heated debate on the Takeover Thread -- the Club and its managers/players have been elevated to a status where they represent you. It's a projection of who you think you are. An external identifier. And nobody likes to be associated with a hero who is a dickhead.

Thats why we have this cancel culture @noelyman

One is trying to create a perfect surrounding/life when its just not possible.

But as you mature in life, you will realise that you define yourself and not these external identifiers. Be more introspective. And in turn, you become more tolerant of the fallibilities of others -- especially of someone so young.

So a 'no dickhead policy' is naive and would not work at a football club or even at work.
Well said. Agree wholeheartedly with it all.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How much would you price Mason Greenwood? (We may sell him in 12 months time.)
At his previous best form he could cost up to 80m. But he hasn’t play for a while and with all the trouble he has caused I wouldn’t be surprise if we only sell him for 50m in the end.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
At his previous best form he could cost up to 80m. But he hasn’t play for a while and with all the trouble he has caused I wouldn’t be surprise if we only sell him for 50m in the end.

You dont think he is more talented/gifted than Hojlund? He goes on loan and comes back fitter, with match rhythm and more confidence, I bet he will be worth more than 50m. And I bet he won't be sold.

A front line of Greenwood and Hojlund?

bringbackbebe

You dont think he is more talented/gifted than Hojlund?
It has more to do with fan backlash. People, including our fans, want him on a stake crucified. Whether that's justified or not is anyone's take but I really think he needs to move out of England for his own sake so he can have a career in this game, even if he leaves on a free. This isn't a decision that we should make for monetary gains. What's happened is extremely sad for all parties involved.

Micky Targaryen

I think we'll play with AWB the same way City play with Walker. Neither RB is particularly good on the ball. But they are world class in their own way at 1 v 1 defending. Both can be used in a possession based side quite easily.

Out of possession it'd look something like this:

Then in possession it'd be:

Whenever we start to push up the pitch, AWB would slip into a back 3 where he can utilise his strengths, whereas Shaw will become more of a press-resistant passing option in midfield.
This actually looks sexy. Bring it on!

NotThatSoph

People invoking cancel culture when the topic is rape are really telling on themselves.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You dont think he is more talented/gifted than Hojlund? He goes on loan and comes back fitter, with match rhythm and more confidence, I bet he will be worth more than 50m. And I bet he won't be sold.

A front line of Greenwood and Hojlund?
Of course on pure footballing reason there’s no way we should sell him, and he has probably got higher potential too than anyone else in the team.

But sadly what has happened can’t be undone. For now it’s highly unlikely we would play him next season. I think the plan is to get him on loan to get back to his form, and then see how the fans and media reaction going. If everything’s going positive there might be a slight chance we would want him back the season after. But if not we could still shipped him out elsewhere for good profit. We will have to see.

gajender

It has more to do with fan backlash. People, including our fans, want him on a stake crucified. Whether that's justified or not is anyone's take but I really think he needs to move out of England for his own sake so he can have a career in this game, even if he leaves on a free. This isn't a decision that we should make for monetary gains. What's happened is extremely sad for all parties involved.
If we actually end up sending him on loan without option or obligation to buy for me that would indicate We aren't ready to lose him but want to gauge first whether he is worth the hassle or not .

Whether we like it or not it's looking more and more likely it would end up being a decision based mostly on factors outside of what allegedly happened .

sglowrider

Of course on pure footballing reason there’s no way we should sell him, and he has probably got higher potential too than anyone else in the team.

But sadly what has happened can’t be undone. For now it’s highly unlikely we would play him next season. I think the plan is to get him on loan to get back to his form, and then see how the fans and media reaction going. If everything’s going positive there might be a slight chance we would want him back the season after. But if not we could still shipped him out elsewhere for good profit. We will have to see.
I am a firm believer in redemption. We have all done regrettable things (especially when values have changed over the years) unless we lack self-awareness or are in denial. So glasshouses & all.

Allow him to learn and become a better person. He was 19 and really too much too soon. If he fecks up again, then dump him.

What's interesting is that no one seems to be bothered by the Onana --- a drug cheat. Let's be honest with ourselves, do we really believe that he accidentally took his wife's prescription? It's a masking agent that he took.

Thats why I expect a loan abroad and if he does well, fans being fans will have forgotten everything and embrace him with open arms ... that is if he scores a ton of goals.

Last edited:

ArbeitervonWien

Honestly, you will never find that working at any club. Take this further -- why not then apply this at the workplace? Who decides who a 'dickhead' is? How do you define a dickhead?

If people are being honest, we put too much faith in the players -- they are only very successful humans who inevitability will let it get to their heads. Thats why you would think the 'no dickheads' rule would be ridiculous for your workplace. The reason is that it's real life.

These guys or professional athletes will cheat on their wives/partners, and girlfriends; gamble, drink excessively or be downright untruthful. You can't help it -- most of us will be tempted if we are put into that position of elevated status in society. I can guarantee you that -- you would do the same thing.

The reality is that as fans we don't want to see the bad side of them -- maybe because we elevate them to such an unrealistic level -- until it's too late. We need our 'heroes'.

Thats on us.

This is also the reason why there has been such a heated debate on the Takeover Thread -- the Club and its managers/players have been elevated to a status where they represent you. It's a projection of who you think you are. An external identifier. And nobody likes to be associated with a hero who is a dickhead.

But as you mature in life, you will realise that you define yourself and not these external identifiers. Be more introspective. And in turn, you become more tolerant of the fallibilities of others -- especially of someone so young.

So a 'no dickhead policy' is naive and would not work at a football club or even at work.
It's actually quite simple. If you are an abusive rapist you're obviously a dickhead. That's so many levels of dickheadness above cheating, or even gambling and drinking excessively, I really have no clue why you brought that into discussion.

The fans expectations of their "heros", external identifiers and that may play some part in their opinions, but thats not really the point. It's a about what we think is acceptable in our society. We witnessed a social change. Men are more likely to be held accountable for those deeds.

Of course we can discuss about appropriate consequences of violent, abusive behaviour. Maybe what happened to MG in the last 1.5 years is severe enough and we could offer him a way back to rehabilitation - he was barely an adult at that time after all. We should discuss that, but not by psycholgizing and belittling those who take a firm stance.

GreatDane

I am a firm believer in redemption. We have all done regrettable things (especially when values have changed over the years) unless we lack self-awareness or are in denial. So glasshouses & all.

Allow him to learn and become a better person. He was 19 and really too much too soon. If he fecks up again, then dump him.

What's interesting is that no one seems to be bothered by the Onana --- a drug cheat. Let's be honest with ourselves, do we really believe that he accidentally took his wife's prescription? It's a masking agent that he took.

Thats why I expect a loan abroad and if he does well, fans being fans will have forgotten everything and embrace him with open arms ... that is if he scores a ton of goals.
You're not the first to write something like this, almost like it's just a 'oh boys will be boys' accident.
Yeah I bet we almost all did some dumb shit when we were teenagers but I sure as hell hope noone beat or raped anyone.
He even avoided jail and has been getting his wages.

Mainoldo

You're not the first to write something like this, almost like it's just a 'oh boys will be boys' accident.
Yeah I bet we almost all did some dumb shit when we were teenagers but I sure as hell hope noone beat or raped anyone.
He even avoided jail and has been getting his wages.
It’s all algorithms… There’s a whole country willing to take him on loan. Once a decision is made a lot of you will realise how much people actually don’t care like we assume they do.

The club itself is making a decision based on bloody algorithms not the actual incident. Which when you think about it…Is pretty crazy.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It’s all algorithms… There’s a whole country willing to take him on loan. Once a decision is made a lot of you will realise how much people actually don’t care like we assume they do.

The club itself is making a decision based on bloody algorithms not the actual incident. Which when you think about it…Is pretty crazy.
"Based on algorithms" in what way its a pretty ambiguous use of the word.

You mean sentiment analysis of what fans feel, or the value proposition of the player in terms of xG/xA and/or monetary value?

Glorio

Thats on us.

While I agree that a lot of people put unrealistic expectations on footballers (and stars in the public eye in general) and hold them in some misguided lofty status, surely in this case a person is identified as a d***head by the most simple approach, i.e. their observed actions? I.e. if they've done something abhorrent and it's known, the hammer falls.

Might others be of similar character? Perhaps, but until they do something that you can prove (just like the justice system), they're given the benefit of the doubt.

noelyman

I hope all the people wanting him and all his achievements erased from the club are similarly dismissive of let’s say a couple of flying wingers whose names have been written deep into United folklore yet have had questionable domestic violence situations. One might label you hypocrites otherwise.

IRONTUSK

Another thread in ethics. Can we get Rasmus Hojlund`s opinion on it all? at least that way it`s on topic

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Back on topic I’m actually looking forward to seeing an actual no 9 leading the line for United

Mainoldo

"Based on algorithms" in what way its a pretty ambiguous use of the word.

You mean sentiment analysis of what fans feel, or the value proposition of the player in terms of xG/xA and/or monetary value?
Yep. It’s been over 18 months, most people these days care about things for a week.

This situation happened when he was 18? I’m not that naive to think our football club was oblivious to this. There star prospect who got arrested for stalking/kidnapping, allegedly when Ole was in charge.

All they are doing is deciding if the cash pros outweigh the cash cons.

El Jefe

I think some of you are blinded by new shiny toys as always.

This kid is 20. Scored 5 goals at Copenhagen, 12 in the Austrian league and 10 last year at Atalanta. If you're expecting much from him to begin with you will be severely let down. This is a developmental signing, just happens to be an expensive one.

It's no different to the Chelsea fans who thought Datro Fofana would be ready to lead the line for them and now he's on loan. Hojlund is very much going to be a slow burner if he joins.

I think the club is pretty aware they are signing him a year or two earlier than would like which explains the reports of wanting to sign a young and experienced player.

Being physical isn't all there is to it. Lukaku and Nunez still struggled upon their moves to the PL despite very impressive strength and speed.

We are taking a gamble on his potential. If he's a hit then we would've saved ourselves millions by signing him earlier. There is the downside however which is buying him too soon and it messing up his development. It's a risk but all the other options are too expensive or stop gap signings.

He's the same age as Amad and a year older than Garnacho, it'd be important to remember that before piling too much pressure on him. If he were to join I'd certainly put him in that category or slightly higher because of his physique.

sglowrider

This kid is 20. Scored 5 goals at Copenhagen, 12 in the Austrian league and 10 last year at Atalanta. If you're expecting much from him to begin with you will be severely let down. This is a developmental signing, just happens to be an expensive one.

It's no different to the Chelsea fans who thought Datro Fofana would be ready to lead the line for them and now he's on loan. Hojlund is very much going to be a slow burner if he joins.

I think the club is pretty aware they are signing him a year or two earlier than would like which explains the reports of wanting to sign a young and experienced player.

Being physical isn't all there is to it. Lukaku and Nunez still struggled upon their moves to the PL despite very impressive strength and speed.

We are taking a gamble on his potential. If he's a hit then we would've saved ourselves millions by signing him earlier. There is the downside however which is buying him too soon and it messing up his development. It's a risk but all the other options are too expensive or stop gap signings.

He's the same age as Amad and a year older than Garnacho, it'd be important to remember that before piling too much pressure on him. If he were to join I'd certainly put him in that category or slightly higher because of his physique.
If he comes close to Greenwood's stats I would be more than pleased.

18y.o -- 49 appearances, 17 goals
19y.o: 52 appearances, 12 goals (but I think he had more assists.)
20y.o: 24 appearances, 6 goals

cpresc

Whenever we start to push up the pitch, AWB would slip into a back 3 where he can utilise his strengths, whereas Shaw will become more of a press-resistant passing option in midfield.
Agreed, I also think Licha will be comfortable coming out a little wider when Rashford or Bruno have it on the left - he's pretty good at feeding in through balls to Rashford's inside runs

Woziak

If he comes close to Greenwood's stats I would be more than pleased.

18y.o -- 49 appearances, 17 goals
19y.o: 52 appearances, 12 goals (but I think he had more assists.)
20y.o: 24 appearances, 6 goals
He’s nowhere near what Greenwood was during this period, but he has potential, If Greenwood had acted like a responsible and decent human being he would now be a £150m player under ETH tutelage, I’m not sure we will ever see the old Greenwood at Atlanta or whoever he plays for on loan for a year, losing 18 months of key development time plus how he deals with his true mental state will have an effect on him as soon as the abuse starts from the crowd and he steps on the playing pitch.

Woziak

I don’t think he will start that many EPL games, he’ll be used from the Bench. I really think ETH will start with ; *A Onana, Dalot, Varane, L Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro, Mount, Bruno, Antony, Rashford, Sancho - Bench ;(9) T Heaton, V Lindelof, AWB, T Malacia, *S Amrabat, C Ericssen, Garnaucho, R Hojlund, A Martial at home games.

He’ll change Mount for Amrabat and Dalot for AWB in away games. You might see Martial if fit swap for Sancho. This is subject to the club buying Onana, Amrabat and Hojlund. As you can see, even if we get our targets, the club still needs at least 3 more world class players to challenge, another CB, an elite CFW and a player like M Kudas/J Felix who can operate in multiple attacking positions.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Thats on us.

Well said, I would just like to add, if we had a "no dickhead" policy for players, could we have one for fans as well :D

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Its possible he avoided jail for a good reason.
its also possible hes guilty. The issue is we don’t know
If only there was clear audio and video footage :rolleyes:

On topic, Rasmus Hojlund is a footballer who plays football

Last edited:

sglowrider

He’s nowhere near what Greenwood was during this period, but he has potential, If Greenwood had acted like a responsible and decent human being he would now be a £150m player under ETH tutelage, I’m not sure we will ever see the old Greenwood at Atlanta or whoever he plays for on loan for a year, losing 18 months of key development time plus how he deals with his true mental state will have an effect on him as soon as the abuse starts from the crowd and he steps on the playing pitch.
The club failed him too. It would never have happened under Fergie. He kept young players' feet firmly in the ground. Our kids have had too many changes/managers who had never had the time or willingness to do the same as what Fergie did.

Moysey got rid of all the senior players who under Fergie would have taken some of them under their wing.
intead we had self-centred players who grew up in an environment not caring about the next generation.

L1nk

Everythings gone quiet on the striker front again, seems like we are just desperately trying to get Onana over the line before doing anything else. Back to 1 deal at a time? :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The club failed him too. It would never have happened under Fergie. He kept young players' feet firmly in the ground. Our kids have had too many changes/managers who had never had the time or willingness to do the same as what Fergie did.

Moysey got rid of all the senior players who under Fergie would have taken some of them under their wing.
intead we had self-centred players who grew up in an environment not caring about the next generation.
Like Giggsy you mean? :nervous:

gajender

You seriously can't believe that , not that I don't believe Sir Alex wouldn't have made a difference he probably would have but who knows , you can give all the guidance , instill right values but there would still be certain individuals who would go on and do abhorrent things its not always going to work .

Last edited:

macheda14

Ravel Morrison would like a word (on a much lesser scale he just had huge disciplinary issues). And yes as someone else said Giggs would really like a word. Maybe Ronaldo would like a word?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If only there was clear audio and video footage :rolleyes:

On topic, Rasmus Hojlund is a footballer who plays football
Which if it was that clear would have seen him convicted… The facts are we just don’t know even with the court of social media declaring it done. Anyway a loan for him to Atalanta would be a great deal all around and help sweeten this deal hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.