Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Watched a bit more of him, doing due research.

He's clearly both fast and strong, for one thing.

He also seems very...tidy. He does the right thing more often than not. As in: decision making.

(Yeah, I know "tidy" sounds like a backhanded compliment, but that's not what I mean. More like: his decision making seems very promising given his age.)

Also:

* Clearly not lazy, presses like a loon.
* Passing seems pretty good, even seen him cross well from out wide (he seems to drift wide frequently).

As for finishing, he obviously isn't a monster goal scorer so far. But one thing I noticed is that he regularly makes good runs to get himself into dangerous positions (again: indicates that his timing is good/he reads the game well/makes the right decisions).

He's only 20 years old, let's not forget that.

And the most promising aspect of him (to me) is that he looks much older than that in certain regards.

Zed 101

He was compared to Haaland before he was linked with us. And it wasn't just by the British media.
I know he has been compared/likened and this just seems so lazy, he plays nothing like Haaland if they weren't both nordi I doubt any comparisons would be drawn, for me.... from a few YT vids :) if he reminds me of anyone play style wise it would be RVN

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was compared to Haaland before he was linked with us. And it wasn't just by the British media.
I get it, size/speed/blond hair/region where he's from/CF/young/name similar. Don't blame people for comparing them as that's quite a lot of similarities on first glance for the obvious things.

Very different in the way they go about the CF role though. And of course, Haaland is breaking pretty much every record going so if hojlund even gets close to that level we should be delighted. But he just plays more as a focal point rather than being the end point like Haaland.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I get it, size/speed/blond hair/region where he's from/CF/young/name similar. Don't blame people for comparing them as that's quite a lot of similarities on first glance for the obvious things.

Very different in the way they go about the CF role though. And of course, Haaland is breaking pretty much every record going so if hojlund even gets close to that level we should be delighted. But he just plays more as a focal point rather than being the end point like Haaland.
And to think we might have had Haaland at one point with Ole recommending him to the club, hopefully this is another phenom. Haaland needs competition the way Ronaldo and Messi challenged each other and I’m hoping Hojlund is the answer, no pressure/

croadyman

And to think we might have had Haaland at one point with Ole recommending him to the club, hopefully this is another phenom. Haaland needs competition the way Ronaldo and Messi challenged each other and I’m hoping Hojlund is the answer, no pressure/
How I wish we knew the truth about Haaland

Turnbl

Ok I've just watched the Atalanta goals video and seen him play for the first time.

His Danish-ness may be influencing me but he doesn't look a million miles away in terms of type of player to Preben Elkjær - definitely has a similar pace and directness about him.

RedOrange

Firstly, where the feck is he?

Secondly, I will absolutely have expectations on him. If Manchester United put a 5 year old up front, I’d have expectations of him too. If we were not allowed/expected to have expectations of a player, they shouldn’t be playing at all. This is Manchester United. This is before we even get to the fact that he cost us £65m.
You seem like a very miserable person. Most of your posts are just "If x doesn't y then I'm going to be upset" and it's not very insightful.

If this 20 year old scores 15 goals for us this season, a £100 million fee would have been a bargain.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Not that there should be any reason, but if he fails the medical this place is gonna go in to meltdown

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
What's the keyboard shortcut for the o in his surname. My phone seems reluctant to do anything outside of the King's English. Which means I can't even text my own fecking name properly. But this seems more important

Crimson King

What's the keyboard shortcut for the o in his surname. My phone seems reluctant to do anything outside of the King's English. Which means I can't even text my own fecking name properly. But this seems more important.
On a phone you normally just hold down on the letter and it brings up any variants with accents. Couldn't tell you on a computer keyboard, give it a Google.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's between him and Mbappe really. Let's dream that Hojlund can be the Lewandowski though.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
On a phone you normally just hold down on the letter and it brings up any variants with accents. Couldn't tell you on a computer keyboard, give it a Google.
Yeah, that's how it used to work. I'm old, bought a new phone and can't be arsed to figure it out. I'll forget about it in 5 mins.

Gandalf

He would not have got out of the airport until around 5PM so I would be surprised if the medical is happening at all today. Medical most likely in the morning followed by contracts, promo shots etc. and an announcement officially on Thursday once they have all the videos etc. ready to go.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He would not have got out of the airport until around 5PM so I would be surprised if the medical is happening at all today. Medical most likely in the morning followed by contracts, promo shots etc. and an announcement officially on Thursday once they have all the videos etc. ready to go.
He ain't queuing up like us plebs at immigration.

Chip

I just listened to a podcast with him and his dad from April 2021 where he mentions that his favourite team has always been United, and that he obviously dreams of playing for United one day.

In the podcast his main goal was to become a regular in the FC Copenhagen squad in the future.

Things have moved fast for him since then... Nice to have a player who really dreams of playing for United :devil:

laughtersassassin

There's a picture of him in a car in Manchester hours ago

arnie_ni

Saw this on reddit, which I thought was a good perspective to look at the fee with.

Great perspective. Don't think I'd sell granacho for any money. It was the same when rash and greenwood had broke through initially.

Balljy

I have literally no memory of somebody called Mads Timm being in a Utd squad. When did he play?
It was early 2000's. I remember him because he got in the news when he was jailed for a year or so in the mid 2000's. Can't remember seeing him play football though.

Status
Not open for further replies.