Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

He looks like a decent prospect. My concern would be that most of his goals look like they come inside the six yard box. I'm not sure how many chances are wide players are likely to make for him.
so did RVN and he was brilliant

L1nk

He looks like a decent prospect. My concern would be that most of his goals look like they come inside the six yard box. I'm not sure how many chances are wide players are likely to make for him.
I would argue it’s the one thing we are missing from a player. He currently plays in a partnership with Lookman, and they work very well together and Lookman has a lot of goals this season, it’s the kind of partnership he can develop with Rashford and Garnacho on that left side. So even if he’s not scoring every game he generally runs into channels and then brings the wider players into more goal scoring positions too

Banana Republic

That's been the glaringly obvious thing that's been missing from our attacks and when we are laying siege to defences.
Nobody in the box for making those runs right in front of goal, getting into good scoring positions. No goal poacher or fox-in-the-box.

croadyman

I was at the Atalanta game tonight and had a chance to watch him. You can see he has explosive acceleration, quality on the ball, and a high work rate. However, he's also not the finished article and I don't think we could rely on a player like him to score 25-30 goals over a season. His use of space and choices for types of runs need to improve a lot. Maybe with a year or two of coaching under Ten Hag he can get to that level as he certainly has the physical and technical abilities, but I think we'd really need another a goal scorer in addition.
Yeah I would like us to sign experienced goalscorer too but who is the question

bosskeano

He was brilliant, one of my favourite Untied players. I'm pretty sure we had a completely different team though twenty years ago.
not completely....we had ronaldo and rooney playing alongside him which attack wise isn't too disimilar to how we have guys now. Ronaldo and Marcus are inverted left wingers who run at pace....

real difference was United played 442 with RVN and Rooney together with a young Ronaldo and an ageing Giggsy on the wings

Negative Red

That's been the glaringly obvious thing that's been missing from our attacks and when we are laying siege to defences.
Nobody in the box for making those runs right in front of goal, getting into good scoring positions. No goal poacher or fox-in-the-box.

I agree we that it's a glaringly obvious thing we have been missing. I can't remember many games we've been laying siege on defences though. You obviously have more faith in the decision making of Rashford and Antony. I hope if we get him you're right and I'm wrong.

surf

Rashford's touch is not consistent either. Still, he's very effective in the premier league.

It's useful to have someone who can play with his back to goal (like Martial) and actually gets in the six yard box (unlike Martial).

L1nk

I agree we that it's a glaringly obvious thing we have been missing. I can't remember many games we've been laying siege on defences though. You obviously have more faith in the decision making of Rashford and Antony. I hope if we get him you're right and I'm wrong.
I think the change of formation that is likely coming will change this, I agree with Rashford and Antony especially because I think Antony especially has played particularly selfishly. However if we play with two high 8's we'll have Bruno and (for arguments sake) Mount helping Rashford and Antony so they aren't particularly isolated on the side and always opting to go it alone and with an actual presence in the box to aim for they'll likely smash it across more. Hojlund is also good at running into channels and creating space inside the box and so on for attacking midfielders and wingers to run into which should excite the likes of Bruno, Rashford and Antony

RedRover

yes, but we don't know what funds are available and honestly it looks like we have a number of players being offloaded. we could sell henderson for say 40m and that money pays for Hojlund so it doesn't touch our budget
No chance United are getting £40 million for Henderson by the way.

My opinion is that to kick on, we need established players, not more project players. If there's budget available fair enough but we need a starting keeper, at least one starting midfielder and an established striker - that's before the club can start moving fringe/current starting players on.

Drizzle

If we go with just this guy as our only striker purchase, we could be in for some frustrating times.

It's not hard to predict what will happen. Hojlund scores - 'starboy', 'levels', 'world class' etc. Hojlund goes on a 7 game scoreless streak - 'shite', 'flop', 'waste of money', 'poundshop Haaland'.

I can't see him being a consistent scorer in his first season in the prem. He'll probably have some good matches, then go off the boil for long periods. He'll do well to get more than 15 goals, which to be fair is very good for a 20yo. But we will still need a lot more goals. Where are they coming from?

Teja

If we go with just this guy as our only striker purchase, we could be in for some frustrating times.

It's not hard to predict what will happen. Hojlund scores - 'starboy', 'levels', 'world class' etc. Hojlund goes on a 7 game scoreless streak - 'shite', 'flop', 'waste of money', 'poundshop Haaland'.

I can't see him being a consistent scorer in his first season in the prem. He'll probably have some good matches, then go off the boil for long periods. He'll do well to get more than 15 goals, which to be fair is very good for a 20yo. But we will still need a lot more goals. Where are they coming from?
I feel like we'll rotate him with Martial / Rashford if we sign him.

CF: Rashford / Hojlund / Martial
LW: Sancho / Garnacho
RW: Antony / Bruno?
#10: Bruno / Eriksen
#8: Mount / Fred
#6: Casemiro / ??
RB: AwB / Dalot
LB: Shaw / Malacia
CB1: Martinez / Lindelof
CB2: Varane / Kim?
GK: :( / :(

I think that's decent enough but for me the biggest gaps are a backup to Casemiro esp. if we sell McTominay and a GK.

So I hope for atleast a Mount / Hojlund / Lavia / Diogo Costa type summer.

croadyman

Maybe him and Rashford will be our CF options next season and then we do bring in a LW for depth. Some reports other day said Ten Hag looking for a LW for depth along with another midfielder along with Mount.
Neymar?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Maybe we will go for someone experienced on the cheap to help take pressure off a bit,any suggestions?
Taremi and Ben Yedder are my options. Taremi was top scorer in the Portuguese league ahead of Ramos. . Also last year of contract along with Ben Yedder

hobbers

ST: Hojlund, Thuram, Rashford
LW: Rashford, Garnacho, Thuram
RW: Antony, Amad, Sancho

Obviously the sort of thing we should be aiming for assuming Kane stays unavailable.

croadyman

Obviously the sort of thing we should be aiming for assuming Kane stays unavailable.
Thuram was loosely linked to Chelsea & Newcastle in last window but now nothing

croadyman

Taremi and Ben Yedder are my options. Taremi was top scorer in the Portuguese league ahead of Ramos. . Also last year of contract along with Ben Yedder
Sounds mad but would have liked Martinez IF we didn't have other issues in the first XI as well

L1nk

No chance United are getting £40 million for Henderson by the way.

My opinion is that to kick on, we need established players, not more project players. If there's budget available fair enough but we need a starting keeper, at least one starting midfielder and an established striker - that's before the club can start moving fringe/current starting players on.
The problem is who is that more established striker?

Kane - Levy being a problem, 100mill, potential to join Real Madrid
Osimhen - Napoli president being a problem, quoted 130-150mill price tag
Goncalo Ramos - 100mill or so
Lautaro Martinez - 60-80 mill but wants to stay at Inter

Kolo Muani and co are as inexperienced as Hojlund yet more expensive still, so whilst I do believe we need a top tier experienced striker, we've entered the market at a very bad time to get one. Takeover is dragging, FFP dictates we can't spent a metric tonne, we might be forced to buy someone like Hojlund

croadyman

The problem is who is that more established striker?

Kane - Levy being a problem, 100mill, potential to join Real Madrid
Osimhen - Napoli president being a problem, quoted 130-150mill price tag
Goncalo Ramos - 100mill or so
Lautaro Martinez - 60-80 mill but wants to stay at Inter

Kolo Muani and co are as inexperienced as Hojlund yet more expensive still, so whilst I do believe we need a top tier experienced striker, we've entered the market at a very bad time to get one. Takeover is dragging, FFP dictates we can't spent a metric tonne, we might be forced to buy someone like Hojlund
Yeah we may need to look in the cheaper but highly experienced market for that sort of player

Darlington Padgett

He looks like a decent prospect. My concern would be that most of his goals look like they come inside the six yard box. I'm not sure how many chances our wide players are likely to make for him.
This is a good thing, I think our wingers and Bruno often find themselves in a position to deliver a cross but there's nobody inside the box.

glasgow 21

He is a very good player. But still, he can fail under the pressure of the PL.
who are you talking about here ? Haaland from Norway , Caicedo from Ecuador, Fernandez and Alvarez from River Plate, Licha from Defensa y Justicia, etc etc etc etc. We have 2 options, and here were are moaning about both at the same time. We either buy talent and develop or we buy ready at a premium. We can't moan about both or can we ? Anyway after the Liv golf fiasco we wont need to worry much longer as the clock is ticking on the premier league. Those who don't want oil money will have no option other than stop supporting United.

The Dane

Strange that a danish player that I as a Dane had never heard about until a few months ago when he scored 5 in two games for the national team, is suddenly linked to United and compared to Haaland.
The comparison to Haaland is a bit rubbish and has probably more to do with the name and looks than their individual skills.
I would like to see this guy at United and he will definitely be an upgrade on Weghorst, but I do not see him as someone we can rely on as a starter. Hopefully he can develop in to that within 1-2 years, but like Garnacho he needs to be carefully introduced to the team and the PL.
As for the Haaland comparison I would be offended if anyone compared me to Haaland based on the way I look :)

tidraKS

I’d take him and Joao Felix, since we’re almost sure we cannot buy Kane.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just seen that he’s only on 10,000 a week. If that’s true then he’ll probably be one of our lowest earners. I mean we’ll give him more than that but it still won’t be that much.

Abraxas

Just seen that he’s only on 10,000 a week. If that’s true then he’ll probably be one of our lowest earners. I mean we’ll give him more than that but it still won’t be that much.
I suppose it kind of makes sense he'd be on a modest salary, at least in a United context. I doubt Atalanta pay mega salaries and they only just bought him from Austrian football. Probably doesn't take big bucks to attract a player from there!

DJ_21

Don't be daft he'll get 300k.
Going of what we’ve done previously you’re probably right but realistically don’t think it be more then 50k. Should increase after a few years or with bonuses.

DJ_21

I suppose it kind of makes sense he'd be on a modest salary, at least in a United context. I doubt Atalanta pay mega salaries and they only just bought him from Austrian football. Probably doesn't take big bucks to attract a player from there!
I don’t think he’d demand a ridiculous contract either though. Think he’ll be happy with 30-50k. It helps that he’s a massive fan… that outweighs any salary.

daba

I’d be happy with this

Superunknown

This is an upgrade over what we currently have. Can't deny that. Would be happy going into next season with that. 7 players competing for 3 positions, so there's scope for rotation. I'd hope that Antony hits another level in his second season, with Garnacho and Amad providing something explosive/different for us. You'd be disappointed if those players weren't able to get us the goals.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Add in Rabiot for the midfield and getting Hojlund, Rabiot and Thuram for 40m would be good business. Still think it needs something else though before we can call the attack done. Maybe we just have to hope Amad, Pellistri and Garnacho kick on and hope for more from Antony and Sancho. The remainder of our budget has work to do on other areas.

L1nk

Everyday that goes by i'm more convinced that this is a signing we need to make this summer.

Pintu

Their highest earners are making €2M/year after taxes… And Højlund is actually among the lowest. He is earning a net salary of €500k/year. If we offer him £50k/week it would still be a huge increase for him.

Zico1982

I think he is in a pretty good situation when it comes to salary negotiations. We will have to meet or at least come close to what Chelsea, Newcastle and any other suitor is willing to pay. Thats the way the market works. It will neither be 50 or 300 k.

Danish Wizard

So far it's his parents that control his earnings, and they give him a bit every month to keep him firmly on the ground. His brother, who is an accountant, earns more each month than Rasmus gets from the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.