Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

To be honest, the stories coming out from the English media for this and Onana both seem like excuses to me rather than anything. Italian media coming out with wildly lower valuations than what the English guys are quoting, and to me it just looks like United doesn't want to spend. Also it's weird that we would pay up for Mount rather than a CF or GK, it's by far 3rd on the list.

All in all, my feeling is just that we're a bit incompetent still with transfer priorities, but also that they aren't letting us spend anything.
Even Romano's been saying only 70mill euros tops which is still high but way lower, the prices been all over the place

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be honest, the stories coming out from the English media for this and Onana both seem like excuses to me rather than anything. Italian media coming out with wildly lower valuations than what the English guys are quoting, and to me it just looks like United doesn't want to spend. Also it's weird that we would pay up for Mount rather than a CF or GK, it's by far 3rd on the list.

All in all, my feeling is just that we're a bit incompetent still with transfer priorities, but also that they aren't letting us spend anything.
Or the english press isn't in the loop. They did similar things with Mount and even tried to sell the Caicedo move, I suspect that United isn't leaking stuff to the british press.

glasgow 21

Them quoting that fee suggests they don’t want to sell this summer.
Yeah….. suggests to me Atalanta ,as every other club, have the measure of United " We are desperate to keep him".

Gusieppe " what was the leak to Della sport you were giving this morning?
" Inter is interested in Hojlund for 30m euros"

"Hold the horses, United is just of the phone , double that number and add stupid tax. United always pay.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Them quoting that fee suggests they don’t want to sell this summer.
They know how good he is and what he’ll command in the future. No reason to sell.

Woziak

Looks like terrific business and much needed too.
Looks like it never happening in a million years, Murtourgh is paying the price for overpaying for Antony last summer, this guy is so sacked the day SJ walks through the door?

glasgow 21

Looks like it never happening in a million years, Murtourgh is paying the price for overpaying for Antony last summer, this guy is so sacked the day SJ walks through the door?
Are some of you in some weird club " How to get Antony name into anything" club. You will have him blamed for global warming next.

Laurencio

We aren't signing a 20 year old prospect for €100M, never in a million years. If we had that kind of cash for a striker we would be going all in for Kane - which could still happen tbh.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We aren't signing a 20 year old prospect for €100M, never in a million years. If we had that kind of cash for a striker we would be going all in for Kane - which could still happen tbh.
Good thing he wont cost 100m then

Woziak

Are some of you in some weird club " How to get Antony name into anything" club. You will have him blamed for global warming next.
I actually like Antony and think he’s far from our worse striker but his value was the same as Raphina as he’s currently his understudy and £50m was the correct price to pay for him or do you think we got a bargain at £85m ?

Valencia Shin Crosses

fecking absurd that Ten Hag chose to ape all over Mount over either a striker or keeper. Budget or not that’s on him

glasgow 21

I actually like Antony and think he’s far from our worse striker but his value was the same as Raphina as he’s currently his understudy and £50m was the correct price to pay for him or do you think we got a bargain at £85m ?
I don't think should have paid 85m for him but with every deal if Utd can mess it up they will do it. If they had Antony identified at the start then they should have went hammer on him in june 2022 and could have settled the price lower. We are a mess look at the De Gea nonsense. But i will not standby and let his name be brought up for the kicking-boy. We have worst deals sitting on our books who have been here longer and done less.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Or the english press isn't in the loop. They did similar things with Mount and even tried to sell the Caicedo move, I suspect that United isn't leaking stuff to the british press.
The English press gets info, but I think it's United just feeding them false info almost as an excuse to not making the signings. Who knows, we'll find out I guess.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
fecking absurd that Ten Hag chose to ape all over Mount over either a striker or keeper. Budget or not that’s on him
I like Mount, and not sure if it's quite on Ten Hag the order of priorities and what to spend budget on. By all accounts, it's CF, CM and GK. Id say GK is a clear almost as high as CF and the noises all indicated that, maybe they still feel they can sign all 3 but are just making the signings when they can.

Bondi77

When there are no credible links the media everywhere all have a go at what they think the price will be and show they know absolutely feck all.
Hard to put a price on Rasmus as he is big and fast and young but is not prolific and from what I have seen he needs quite a bit of work on his allround play.
Any other club I would say 35-40mil would be the going price but we all know that selling clubs eyes light up when we are involved so the United tax will come into play.

EisernSchild

Supports
Sturm Graz
45 million euros is a fair price.
I think 50m Eur will be the price BUT there will be huge addons based on his accomplishments, similar to the Mount deal addons but higher. Atalanta aint naive to not see that he maybe soon explodes.

Any other club I would say 35-40mil would be the going price but we all know that selling clubs eyes light up when we are involved so the United tax will come into play.
As i told before here... Atalanta paid all-in-all last year 20m Eur at our side, they will never ever sell him for 40m, Ras has contract for years and theres no need for them to sell him.

The One and Only

United are obviously not going to pay more than 60m for Hojlund. The only other option is 100-120m for Kane

How on earth did City get Alvarez for 14m...

Zed is not dead

I don't think should have paid 85m for him but with every deal if Utd can mess it up they will do it. If they had Antony identified at the start then they should have went hammer on him in june 2022 and could have settled the price lower. We are a mess look at the De Gea nonsense. But i will not standby and let his name be brought up for the kicking-boy. We have worst deals sitting on our books who have been here longer and done less.
Well, United actually identified Antony early and went for him in June 2022.
Ajax were asking for a price deemed too high considering the Glazers had put a strain on the budget, so the recruitment team moved on from Antony.

The Glazers reacted to the bad start of the season by allowing a higher budget in the last weeks of August. So Ajax took advantage of the fact that we had a bad start of the season and that it was close to the end of the transfer window to inflate Antony’s price.

Had the owners not been stingy we would’ve gotten Antony for less and earlier in the window. We didn’t pay the price of our incompetence, we paid the price of our owners indecisiveness.

Bondi77

I think 50m Eur will be the price BUT there will be huge addons based on his accomplishments, similar to the Mount deal addons but higher. Atalanta aint naive to not see that he maybe soon explodes.

As i told before here... Atalanta paid all-in-all last year 20m Eur at our side, they will never ever sell him for 40m, Ras has contract for years and theres no need for them to sell him.
If they sell him for 40mil quid they would have more than doubled their money in 1 year so that is not bad business.
If they don't want to sell him then they can say to us he is not for sale and then we can move on or they can ask for a ridiculous price and the outcome will be the same.
If we do make an official bid and it gets knocked back it will be interesting to see how the young man reacts as he is stated he is a huge Manchester United fan and that could prove to be detrimental to Atalanta anyway.

Brightonian

An exciting option who I'd like us to get, but relatively unproven and there are others like him out there. I don't think we'll be held to ransom here.

I hope we can sort out Taremi. That will take the pressure off whichever younger striker we end up going for, and give us a safer negotiating position too.

Crimson King

Well, United actually identified Antony early and went for him in June 2022.
Ajax were asking for a price deemed too high considering the Glazers had put a strain on the budget, so the recruitment team moved on from Antony.

The Glazers reacted to the bad start of the season by allowing a higher budget in the last weeks of August. So Ajax took advantage of the fact that we had a bad start of the season and that it was close to the end of the transfer window to inflate Antony’s price.

Had the owners not been stingy we would’ve gotten Antony for less and earlier in the window. We didn’t pay the price of our incompetence, we paid the price of our owners indecisiveness.
That's been the constant theme under this ownership.

Catalandevil

I guess ETH sees Rashford as the main striker for next season for multiple reasons. First, transfer market conditions. Second, Garnacho, Sancho and even Mount can play on the left. Even if we sign Hojlund, I still believe that the main striker will be Rashford.

If we agree with this logic, then focusing on getting Mount and Onana before getting a back-up striker, makes sense.

Reactions: Penna

EisernSchild

Supports
Sturm Graz
If they sell him for 40mil quid they would have more than doubled their money in 1 year so that is not bad business.
Not bad business but they would not do it. They can sell for even more money next year and wouldn't lose a top striker this season. And if Napoli/Juve sell Osimhen/Vlahovic (very likely), both clubs will enter the race for him this year.
If they don't want to sell him then they can say to us he is not for sale and then we can move on or they can ask for a ridiculous price and the outcome will be the same.
The ridiculous price tag (€100m or £87.5m) was fake and sourced mostly from UK media.
If we do make an official bid and it gets knocked back it will be interesting to see how the young man reacts as he is stated he is a huge Manchester United fan and that could prove to be detrimental to Atalanta anyway.
I totally agree... Ras is a United fan, CR7 his personal idol, he would definitely push for a move.

redIndianDevil

I guess ETH sees Rashford as the main striker for next season for multiple reasons. First, transfer market conditions. Second, Garnacho, Sancho and even Mount can play on the left. Even if we sign Hojlund, I still believe that the main striker will be Rashford.

If we agree with this logic, then focusing on getting Mount and Onana before getting a back-up striker, makes sense.
I'm not sure of Rashford's ability as a pure striker. He is somewhat like CR7, coming in from the left helps him score. If you put him in the middle against two CBs, his dribbling and movement is going to be affected. Rashford also has the tendency of running into cul-de-sacs often and through the middle he is going to surrounded. We'd also lose his pace out wide with him in the middle.

TomMUFC8

Like many, I'd welcome the player but it's ridiculous for the club to pin hopes on a young kid who scored a handful of goals in Italy to come and lead Man Utd to success while carrying a big transfer fee.

It's the furthest thing from how a successful football club maps out future success.

Mainoldo

Like many, I'd welcome the player but it's ridiculous for the club to pin hopes on a young kid who scored a handful of goals in Italy to come and lead Man Utd to success while carrying a big transfer fee.

It's the furthest thing from how a successful football club maps out future success.
Suppose it all depends on options and budget.

If you can’t get Kane or Oshimen. Do you spend £65m on a Ramos or Vlahovic or do you spend £20m less getting this kid with his projection viewed as higher than the two other established strikers?

Cathy Ferguson

Agreed. If he arrives it will be under the premises that Martial is our first choice No 9. Höjlund would be considered as backup but it would be shambolic to enter the season with Martial as first choice.

Erik the Red

Agreed. If he arrives it will be under the premises that Martial is our first choice No 9. Höjlund would be considered as backup but it would be shambolic to enter the season with Martial as first choice.
I don't agree, if that scenario materialises, and we end up with Martial and Hojlund as our two strikers for next season, then it makes sense to consider Martial as the first choice. When he is fit, he has done a pretty good job for us, and this would take all the pressure off Hojlund. Hojlund would only play when Martial is injured (assume around 90% of games), so he will get plenty of minutes but without the pressure of being first choice. If he is struggling, he wont be dropped, as he was only ever filling in for Martial. The following season we can sign a new number 9, either Kane on a free as first choice, or a younger player like Ferguson to compete with Hojlund for the starting spot.

Strelok

I'm not sure of Rashford's ability as a pure striker. He is somewhat like CR7, coming in from the left helps him score. If you put him in the middle against two CBs, his dribbling and movement is going to be affected. Rashford also has the tendency of running into cul-de-sacs often and through the middle he is going to surrounded. We'd also lose his pace out wide with him in the middle.
Agree. Plus I don't think his body would be robust enough to play there for a whole season. To be a #9 you'd actually need to be quite physical and robust to deal with all the challenges and dirty tricks from the CBs.

Eplel

I don't agree, if that scenario materialises, and we end up with Martial and Hojlund as our two strikers for next season, then it makes sense to consider Martial as the first choice. When he is fit, he has done a pretty good job for us, and this would take all the pressure off Hojlund. Hojlund would only play when Martial is injured (assume around 90% of games), so he will get plenty of minutes but without the pressure of being first choice. If he is struggling, he wont be dropped, as he was only ever filling in for Martial. The following season we can sign a new number 9, either Kane on a free as first choice, or a younger player like Ferguson to compete with Hojlund for the starting spot.

I disagree on principle here, although I agree Martial has done good numbers when played last season.
He just doesn't fit the profile of striker we need to become better. Doesn't fill the area and doesn't go for the poacher's goals. Too often you'll find him and Rashford in the exact same position and it is infuriating when that happens.

TomMUFC8

Suppose it all depends on options and budget.

If you can’t get Kane or Oshimen. Do you spend £65m on a Ramos or Vlahovic or do you spend £20m less getting this kid with his projection viewed as higher than the two other established strikers?
Tough one. No correct answer. Probably best off sorting the medical department out and keeping Martial for for a few months until the ideal signing is available.

WoodysWallet

Martial is not the answer in any scenario. The guy is nowhere near the level required unfortunately. This has been clear for 4 years, but the incompetence of the board added to new managers coming in and giving him a chance has dragged his United career out longer than it should have been

Loon

:lol:
I don't know if this is the guy, but financial/sale situation or not, we will have a striker on opening day.

"....and you can take that to the bank*"

*This guy gets killed at the end of the film.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
His numbers don’t look that impressive in an easier league. Massive gamble that he is going to step up to a higher level and score more in the same season.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
His numbers don’t look that impressive in an easier league. Massive gamble that he is going to step up to a higher level and score more in the same season.
maybe he's meany to be an "understudy" to Martial... he can learn how to injure himself sneezing, getting out of a car and having a drink of water

Status
Not open for further replies.