Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Maybe those 47 goals could've won the PL
But it’s up to our leadership to let him play. Of course footballing-wise we may be better off just playing Greenwood than buying Hojlund - but it’s not looking as an option at all

NLunited

MG going out on loan is very plausible, he needs to regain his fitness, preferably in a different country to shield him and us from scrutiny. imo he may deserve a second chance, it‘s up to the club.

bosskeano

Smart business move on our part and Greenwood to go off to Italy for a year or two on loan which makes the transfer for Hojlund less difficult for Atalanta

make the fee more reasonable plus they get a player who we all know is really damn good if he can regain any sort of the form he had before losing his mind

Redbandito

as Vince McMahon once said "No Chance in Hell"
I actually think it might. Greenwood plus a decent fee for a guy who can come to United for free next summer? I would even give them Greenwood on a permanent if they’d sell us Kane this year.

gajender

Getting rid of MG would be great.
Its a loan its looking more and more likely he is still in Clubs plan , its just that We want to first see what level he is currently at and whether he worth the hassle or not before bringing him back.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
MG going out on loan is very plausible, he needs to regain his fitness, preferably in a different country to shield him and us from scrutiny. imo he may deserve a second chance, it‘s up to the club.
He doesn't need shielding. He brought it upon himself by being a despicable cnut. He deserves the abuse thrown at him, here or there.

NLunited

He doesn't need shielding. He brought it upon himself by being a despicable cnut. He deserves the abuse thrown at him, here or there.
It‘s not about that. If he is going to get back to his former level, he needs to be able to focus.

Otherwise, get rid of him now and be done with it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be a good deal. Nothing credible on this right now though.

Bertie Wooster

I'm not so sure it is, tbh.

It's like saying it's up to clubs whether they sign David Goodwillie. Legally it is. But every time one tries to they're forced into backtracking on the decision. That's the situation I feel United are likely to be in with Greenwood. I just think it's gone on so long, at such a high profile level, that there'd be too much of a reaction if we even tried to reintroduce him.

Realistically, I think the best we can hope for is that he has a good loan spell and we can at least get a good transfer fee for him and use it to replace him next summer. Really can't see him coming back here, but hopefully we can be financially recompensed for losing a top talent.

croadyman

Look IF he shows next year on loan he's still capable then I am all for second chances. I know that is considered to be a controversial opinion

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The fact he's still in the game for me shows he's got his second chance.
He can go and make his living some place else in the game.

Guiseppe Rossi

Hopefully it's a shop window loan to push his price up and sell him to the first bidder. I hope he never plays for us again

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How so?

I don't really see many other young strikers who are better with their back to the goal. He turns well, has quick feet and good control. His shot needs a lot of work, and he's going to miss absolute sitters, but overall he has a lot of very interesting qualities that not a lot of strikers seem to have these days.
I have tried to watch as many clips of him as I can and he really doesn't do anything special at all. I am no football expert but can have an opinion.

Just because he is young doesn't mean we should be splashing 40-50m on him. I'm more worried about relying on him to lead our line next season.

MalaysianRed7

Atalanta will be getting a good amount of money and a player further along in his development than Højlund for one season. It’s an absolute win for them, and yet it’s also a deal that we must do to address our striker issue while gauging public opinion on Greenwood playing football again.

I can see this happening very quickly, especially as both Højlund and Greenwood seem happy enough to switch clubs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why are people worried about MG performing well elsewhere? The guy is an utter cnut. Do some want him playing here still?
He has 2 more years on his contract. So for club it would be the best that he plays great there and we get a decent fee for him next year.
As a person he is a sick cnut. As a player he is an asset worth 50 mil (if he returns in his old form).

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
So what's you call then ? how much and on who ? and please, please don't give me the Kane/Osimhen that is/was never happening from day One.
You didn't even bother to read what I wrote. The point was an elite striker being unaffordable and unavailable are two wildly different things, not who I think United should target. Has nothing to do with who I would rather have and what they would cost. That's a silly question to ask.

Infra-red

Its a loan its looking more and more likely he is still in Clubs plan , its just that We want to first see what level he is currently at and whether he worth the hassle or not before bringing him back.
I think he's finished at United, but a year on loan gives us a chance to make a market for his permanent transfer.

Either way, it will be good to get rid of him for at least a year as it's just an unnecessary distraction otherwise.

croadyman

I think he's finished at United, but a year on loan gives us a chance to make a market for his permanent transfer.

Either way, it will be good to get rid of him for at least a year as it's just an unnecessary distraction otherwise.
Yeah could definitely help to get a market

Reyoji-Utd

Re MG, derail thread abit but want to know the differences between MG events and compare it with like killing someone (not condone it).
Why many posters dont want to give him second chance, many even want to mke him leave the game cometely. Is it view as worse than murder in English culture for someone to b..t w.mam like he did. Not condone it, just curious of the culture.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Reports for the past couple of weeks have said we're currently only interested in loaning Greenwood to "assess" his form/fitness and also the public reaction. So this is most likely buying Holjund and loaning them Greenwood for a season.
Which is logical

Bojan Djordjic

How could you possibly state that with such confidence? My bet is that you've never watched him, but seen a few highlights videos on YouTube.

Tchouameni is 3 years older and hasn't exactly been exceptional, has he? He's been good, but nothing extraordinary.

Enzo Fernandez has been great, but is also two years older and cost twice as much as Højlund will cost.

Bellingham, while he has been great in Bundesliga, hasn't even played a game for Real Madrid and we'll just have to see if he'll live up to his hype.
All have dominated their starter leagues (or however you want to call it). Tchouameni was the best midfielder in Ligue 1 before he moved, Bellingham has been playing first team football in a very competitive league in probably the least forgiving position for a youngster since he was 16 and Rice is obviously a dominant midfielder in the PL. Mudryk is the only one of that list that might have needed more scouting and was way overpriced but even he had shown exceptional promise at CL level for Shakhtar. Hojlund looks very good but he is in his first season at a top five club and he isn't a starter at 20 and his goals/90 are good for a 20 year old. I don't think it's slander to say he's not in the same league as the biggest dead certs as the others. I think you would say that most of the other players were as close to no risk as you can get. Hard price to live up to but you could be confident that they would perform and with Hojlund you don't have that certainty as he's doing well but not shooting the lights out in an inferior league and that's why price point is important with this transfer. Development isn't linear but most of the world's elite strikers are high volume scorers from a young age (Kane an obvious exception).

Status
Not open for further replies.