Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFLUTION

When you see the all touches videos, we’d be mental to pay over 50/60 for him. Very raw still.

And you never know if players do good or bad with the pressure here at United. But he’ll be hungry that’s for sure - he loves the club, which cant be said for many signings over the years.

Bondi77

«Official» bids often just happens after everything is already agreed, so if the verbal offer is accepted its close to it
So you are saying there is only one official bid and that is the one that is normally accepted?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So you are saying there is only one official bid and that is the one that is normally accepted?
Years ago a DOF of a french club explained in detail how it happens on RMC and unless there is an actual bidding competition, which is rare, there is only one formal offer. Everything else is different degrees of talks, from loose to more focused, from written interactions at first where each party may take days or weeks to answer, to phone calls or in person meetings when things are more concrete.

IIRC, it was Marc Keller.

Bondi77

Years ago a DOF of a french club explained in detail how it happens on RMC and unless there is an actual bidding competition, which is rare, there is only one formal offer. Everything else is different degrees of talks, from loose to more focused, from written interactions at first where each party may take days or weeks to answer, to phone calls or in person meetings when things are more concrete.

IIRC, it was Marc Keller.
Fair enough.
What is confusing and if of course it was reported correctly was that we made three official bids for Mount with the last one being accepted and I thought the same process would apply.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Looks like we'll get this guy. Is he good enough/will he score enough goal? Is he a new RvP or RvN, I don't get that vibe at all...

theklr

Fair enough.
What is confusing and if of course it was reported correctly was that we made three official bids for Mount with the last one being accepted and I thought the same process would apply.
Official bids is usually with all the legal mumbo-jumbo,prerequisites, full payment plan and structure and everything else that FIFA/UEFA needs to register, so it takes alot of work. Therefore it is usually as the poster above said , only sent when its already agreed.

Though written bids can be very comprehensiveas well, at least in the latter stages.

This is also the reason why it takes a while from journos said its more or less agreed to medicals, announcement etc, because all of these finer details need to be worked out.

kirk buttercup

When we were at our best we had numerous strikers. How many actual strikers do we have today ? I don't expect him to carry all the weight on his shoulders I Dont expext him to be a RVP or RVN straightoff the bat . We need him and another striker at the very least . I'm hopeful , if ETH thinks he is the man then I back that.

Bondi77

Official bids is usually with all the legal mumbo-jumbo,prerequisites, full payment plan and structure and everything else that FIFA/UEFA needs to register, so it takes alot of work. Therefore it is usually as the poster above said , only sent when its already agreed.

Though written bids can be very comprehensiveas well, at least in the latter stages.

This is also the reason why it takes a while from journos said its more or less agreed to medicals, announcement etc, because all of these finer details need to be worked out.
I think with the replies that I have had and 99% of those have made perfect sense it just cements my view that the verbal offer is a load of shite as something would have to be documented as the deal would have to be structured.
Cheers for the reply :)

L1nk

Looks like we'll get this guy. Is he good enough/will he score enough goal? Is he a new RvP or RvN, I don't get that vibe at all...
He's the new Cavani, but not the United version, the younger one

tidraKS

Interesting how we have no updates after the bid. Usually it takes less time to respond or have some news. Hopefully they're discussing internally.

Bwuk

This needs done. We can't keep playing without a striker.

Rolaholic

P$G have made an offer of 50m for Rasmus Hojlund.

According to The Athletic, Manchester United did make an offer of the same, but with an additional 10m in bonuses. Paris do not want to increase their offer for the Danish international and are awaiting a response from the Italian club where he is under contract until 2027

L1nk

They might be offering the whole lot upfront as opposed to in installments

arthurka

yeah, i was going to say, this friendly just added 10 million to the negotiations. Onana has revolutionised our play out from the back and this game is showing the MASSIVE hole we have in the striker department. All our options against a decent back 4 were played out of the game.

Whilst it looks like Hojlund is the focus, I can see why Kane was ETH's first choice. Kane fixes every problem we saw tonight going forward. :(
Our forward options are simply not there. Atalanta can add what they want because we are in dire need of a good hold up player with a good work ethic, because Rashford can't do any of that and the other option isn't a option.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
That bid only makes sense if the player prefers PSG.... which by all accounts he doesn't. In short, that's a we tried without really trying, bid.

pogbasformerbarber

Let me understand this…he prefers us and we are offering substantially more than PSG…why are PSG even wasting the time to type out an email? Odd…

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That bid only makes sense if the player prefers PSG.... which by all accounts he doesn't. In short, that's a we tried without really trying, bid.
Or that it’s €50 million in one payment rather than multiple instalments from us.

Even then Atalanta knows they can get more.

Strelok

A bit weird imo. The player reportedly would prefer us. Doesn't make sense if PSG bid lower.

Crimson King

Or that it’s €50 million in one payment rather than multiple instalments from us.

Even then Atalanta knows they can get more.
You'd still go with the higher bid if the guaranteed amount is the same. It still looks better in the account books.

Rolaholic

Only thing that bid does is maybe force United to try to wrap it up faster

Not worried at all

Status
Not open for further replies.