Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickosaur

Damn. Can't say I'd heard of him before these last two Denmark matches but could be worth a punt, looks very talented. Think United need at least 2x strikers in the summer.

Mike Smalling

Regardless of where he ends up, I am positively giddy about Denmark potentially having a proper striker on their hands again. With Bendtner being a halfwit and Dolberg not living up to his potential, it's been a walk in the desert for about 20 years.

If Højlund can ensure fewer minutes from Poulsen and Braithwaite, he is already worth his weight in gold.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The guy just won me 70 pound. A tenner on him to score 2 or more 6/1. Bargain!

Maroon Lucifer

Regardless of where he ends up, I am positively giddy about Denmark potentially having a proper striker on their hands again. With Bendtner being a halfwit and Dolberg not living up to his potential, it's been a walk in the desert for about 20 years.

If Højlund can ensure fewer minutes from Poulsen and Braithwaite, he is already worth his weight in gold.
20 years? Who are you thinking of here? Ebbe Sand? Miklos Molnar? Jon Dahl "Verdens Bedste Inderside" Thomasson? it's been 30 years since Flemming Povlsen retired. So you should have typed 30 years ;)

SAFMUTD

Hojlund and Ferguson would be a very exciting summer, the kind of up and coming young talent I like to see United buy. Could we get them both for the cost of a Kane or an Osimhen?
If we get both for the cost of Kane or specially Osimhen we are the dumbest club in Europe.

Mike Smalling

20 years? Who are you thinking of here? Ebbe Sand? Miklos Molnar? Jon Dahl "Verdens Bedste Inderside" Thomasson? it's been 30 years since Flemming Povlsen retired. So you should have typed 30 years ;)
I both Ebbe Sand and Tomasson were quite good in periods and to be fair, Bendtner also delivered in some big games for Denmark as well, even if he squandered his potential overall.

Højlund has shades of Elkjær though. The intensity and acceleration combined with good technique and flair. Great potential.

Basso

I don't understand why his price tag keeps being mentioned as around 40 Mio. He is a striker on a longterm contract and only 20 years old, so he can easily fetch 70 M in today's market.
I mean Hoffenheim is able to sell average forwards for 40 M.

Basso

Højlund managed to score the same amount of goals as Martin Braithwaite (5 goals) in just 130 mins.
It took Martin 65 caps.

Erik the Red

I agree could get both for less than Kane or Omishen so plenty of money to spend elsewhere and gives us the two strikers we need. Plenty of game time for both and would be upgrade on Martial who never plays and Wout who never scores
Ferguson and Hojlund with Benzema as a stop gap would be unbelievable. That would allow the youngsters a chance to go on loan and not have pressure on day one.

Drizzle

I don't understand why his price tag keeps being mentioned as around 40 Mio. He is a striker on a longterm contract and only 20 years old, so he can easily fetch 70 M in today's market.
I mean Hoffenheim is able to sell average forwards for 40 M.
People have simply not caught up with the market. I've seen and heard some bizarre takes. Ferguson for £50m. Mitrovic for £30-40m. Kane for £60m. Toney for £50m. Crazy takes.

Reality is we're living in a world where a young striker prospect with some hype about him starts at £70m. If he has 1 full season of scoring a lot of goals, it's minimum £85m and more likely north of £100m.

next_number_seven

People have simply not caught up with the market. I've seen and heard some bizarre takes. Ferguson for £50m. Mitrovic for £30-40m. Kane for £60m. Toney for £50m. Crazy takes.

Reality is we're living in a world where a young striker prospect with some hype about him starts at £70m. If he has 1 full season of scoring a lot of goals, it's minimum £85m and more likely north of £100m.
Fergusons price tag is based on potential.

As in Brighton won't accept any less. If he has another good season he's value will be 70 or 80m.
If he has second season syndrome it might drop to 20 or 30m

Drizzle

Fergusons price tag is based on potential.

As in Brighton won't accept any less. If he has another good season he's value will be 70 or 80m.
If he has second season syndrome it might drop to 20 or 30m
This is what I'm talking about. If he scores 20+ goals next season, you're not getting him from Brighton for less than £90-100m.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
You have to wonder, for all his goals, has he actually made Denmark a worse team? They were winning these kinds of games before him.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
How much has he scored for Atalanta this season?
8 goals in 15 starts in all comps. A goal every 168 minutes. Which is quite impressive actually, considering only 14 months ago he was playing in the Danish league.

Last edited:

Lyng

You have to wonder, for all his goals, has he actually made Denmark a worse team? They were winning these kinds of games before him.
Did you see our World Cup. We have been rubbish lately. If anything the first we have looked even slightly good is yesterday with him in the team.

zaafi

Did you see our World Cup. We have been rubbish lately. If anything the first we have looked even slightly good is yesterday with him in the team.
I think he's joking, referring to the posters who claim Haaland made City a worse team despite breaking goal scoring records :D

croadyman

Ferguson and Hojlund with Benzema as a stop gap would be unbelievable. That would allow the youngsters a chance to go on loan and not have pressure on day one.
Definitely not signing three forwards,personally think event wo is highly unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.