Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really, really like the look of this kid. I think we need two strikers really so would love him to come in addition to one other (preferably Osimhen) and shouldn't be, like crazy expensive. But I am a fecking muppet so of course I want him signed :drool: :lol:

Legendary

I really like the look of Holjland, he's absolutely rapid, his movement in the box is fantastic for someone of his age, has decent strength and control, with a wicked shot.

I would love us to go for him, and hopefully he wouldn't break the bank, which will allow us to go after other targets as well.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Really, really like the look of this kid. I think we need two strikers really so would love him to come in addition to one other (preferably Osimhen) and shouldn't be, like crazy expensive. But I am a fecking muppet so of course I want him signed :drool: :lol:
Same here. One of Kane/Osimhen and one of Ferguson/Hojlund/Sesko.

lex talionis

The question is this: are we prepared to go with a promising-but-unproven talent as our massive striker signing for what would be probably 60...or the polished gem at closer to 80-100m?

In the former category would be Hojlund and Ferguson and in the latter category would be Kane and Osimhen.

Go relatively cheap but young and roll the dice or go with a player at/near prime with and stack the dice in your favor?

Ibi Dreams

The question is this: are we prepared to go with a promising-but-unproven talent as our massive striker signing for what would be probably 60...or the polished gem at closer to 80-100m?

In the former category would be Hojlund and Ferguson and in the latter category would be Kane and Osimhen.

Go relatively cheap but young and roll the dice or go with a player at/near prime with and stack the dice in your favor?
Kane has one more year on his contract, I think we should let him finish that and then see if we want him/he wants to come. Osimhen for me seems like he's going to cost way too much (more than 100m) and I'm not convinced he will be the same player in the Premier League. Both due to the Italian league being not as strong and because huge price tags rarely end up going well.

I would take Hojlund now for 60m, if that's what it is.

ROFLUTION

It feels like he has great talent but needs 1-2 more years of regular game time to become a fantastic player.

Has the ability of positioning himself really well (the trademark of a great striker) and is just naturally good alround.

He’d be a good fit for Ten Hag imo, but not sure we’ll win anything with him in the next 1-2 years as he needs to settle in and develop (which’d includes being inconsistent)

Big trophies next years = Kane

Big trophies after 2 years = Højlund

in between those two = Osimhen

We Need Another Rebuild

This Kid Clearly looks a talented prospect, fits the profile of complete forward that we believe Ten Hag prefers.

Problem is it is a massive jump from Atalanta to leading the line at United.

This team contains Casemiro, Bruno, Varane who are at there peak, we have a window with these players before time catches up with them over the next 3/4 years.

I am not against signing him, but I would go with a Kane who is in the same window, but then let this kid develop at Atalanta and then bring him over for a PL loan, actually look to build for the future, instead of waiting till Kane falls away and then getting rinsed for the next hot striking prospect.

redcucumber

Has he got enough to his game? Werner was blisteringly fast but utterly ineffective.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like that he doesn’t seem just be a goal hanger / poacher. Has a lot going for him in the buildup. But sample size is too small.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
This Kid Clearly looks a talented prospect, fits the profile of complete forward that we believe Ten Hag prefers.

Problem is it is a massive jump from Atalanta to leading the line at United.

This team contains Casemiro, Bruno, Varane who are at there peak, we have a window with these players before time catches up with them over the next 3/4 years.

I am not against signing him, but I would go with a Kane who is in the same window, but then let this kid develop at Atalanta and then bring him over for a PL loan, actually look to build for the future, instead of waiting till Kane falls away and then getting rinsed for the next hot striking prospect.
We should have enough room for a kid like this and a marquee signing upfront. Don't forget we need to replace martial. Plus we did lose CR7 and M.G. from our first team. Weghorst don't count because he is on loan and a mere stop gap.

Drizzle

We should have enough room for a kid like this and a marquee signing upfront. Don't forget we need to replace martial. Plus we did lose CR7 and M.G. from our first team. Weghorst don't count because he is on loan and a mere stop gap.
Hojlund plus a marquee signing = maybe £160-190m.

With ffp limiting our total spend (regardless of owner) and the need to also get in good players in midfield, defence and goalkeeper, I think this feels extremely unlikely.

It's going to be difficult to sell Martial, by the way on his wages and with his injury record.

I agree that we need 2 strikers, by the way, but I think one of them is going to have to be a value signing.

Devil81

I know Youtube videos can be misleading but sheer range of types of goals he scores in this is incredible.

He looks a proper gem.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m going to wait until he has a master season in the Serie A personally before hyping him up.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Never seen him, watched the youtube vid.

His decision making in the final third should be improved.

Lyng

Never seen him, watched the youtube vid.

His decision making in the final third should be improved.
His movement in the box is one of his main strengths. He has the same instinct as Haaland, which is why he scores so much.
He is good in the build up but generally looks towards being in the right spot to score, which is exactly the kind of striker Bruno is missing.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
His movement in the box is one of his main strengths. He has the same instinct as Haaland, which is why he scores so much.
He is good in the build up but generally looks towards being in the right spot to score, which is exactly the kind of striker Bruno is missing.
Yes, I noticed that. Good trait to have, especially in our team where we look for those quick passes in and around the box.

lex talionis

Kane has one more year on his contract, I think we should let him finish that and then see if we want him/he wants to come. Osimhen for me seems like he's going to cost way too much (more than 100m) and I'm not convinced he will be the same player in the Premier League. Both due to the Italian league being not as strong and because huge price tags rarely end up going well.

I would take Hojlund now for 60m, if that's what it is.
We all want the sure thing, I want the sure thing, but even Kane isn’t a guarantee of success given his age and what at least I think might be the high pressing ETH will demand of his strikers.

Assuming our new owners will reach deep into their bank, presumably within league regulations, I’d go for both Kane and Ferguson. Ferguson is not only insurance against Kane coming up with injuries, but also is one for the future who can’t seriously expect to be a regular starter at the age of 19 straight away for a club that aspires to lift the PL trophy.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Hojlund plus a marquee signing = maybe £160-190m.

With ffp limiting our total spend (regardless of owner) and the need to also get in good players in midfield, defence and goalkeeper, I think this feels extremely unlikely.

It's going to be difficult to sell Martial, by the way on his wages and with his injury record.

I agree that we need 2 strikers, by the way, but I think one of them is going to have to be a value signing.
FFP will only be an issue if our next owners do not clear the Glazer added debt. Debt free United won't have such a problem. Besides I expect us to make decent money from selling a number of the likes of Henderson, Telles, Mctominay, Fred, Maguire and Lindelof.

Wrecking ralf

I keep hearing and reading that he’s really quick. I’ve not seen any noteworthy pace though. Exactly how fast is he?

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

We aren't going to spend £200m on two strikers though.
That's exactly right IF we go for Kane (last 15 months of his contract) and he decides to leave (My guess would be around £70m) and one of the young prospects stated (Would think all of them individually would be less than say £50m)

AjaxNL

This thread reminds me of the time Kasper Dolberg had his breakthrough season at Ajax in 2016/'17 and reached the EL final (only to be absolutely nullified by a Mourinho coached United side), where Dolberg was nothing short of sensational. I was convinced back then that Dolberg would be the best striker in three years time. Such a shame that he didn't fulfill his potential. Had a few injuries at Ajax unfortunately. Some Danish posters want to fill me in on what went wrong with Dolberg?

Hope this kid will be better.

Remember the geese

That's exactly right IF we go for Kane (last 15 months of his contract) and he decides to leave (My guess would be around £70m) and one of the young prospects stated (Would think all of them individually would be less than say £50m)
I don't see us signing two strikers at all really. These young prospects want to play and not be second fiddle to a £100m man. I think it is more likely that we'll sign one of Kane, Osimhen or Ramos and see the return of Greenwood.

Ghostrider318

Fully expect him to sign a new deal and suddenly his valuation will be in the nose-bleed category.

If he doesnt - I still dont see us signing him

KjaAnd

This thread reminds me of the time Kasper Dolberg had his breakthrough season at Ajax in 2016/'17 and reached the EL final (only to be absolutely nullified by a Mourinho coached United side), where Dolberg was nothing short of sensational. I was convinced back then that Dolberg would be the best striker in three years time. Such a shame that he didn't fulfill his potential. Had a few injuries at Ajax unfortunately. Some Danish posters want to fill me in on what went wrong with Dolberg?

Dolberg's main issue is his mentality. Various of his coaches have criticized him publicly for not imposing himself on games and playing without intensity. And he doesn't seem capable of changing that.

At the very least, Højlund doesn't have those type of issues. Seems very level-headed but also eager to prove himself. After coming through the youth ranks at FC Copenhagen, he wasn't getting much playing time. Many players would probably have stayed and waited for their opportunity but he opted to go to Austria because he was so confident in his abilities - and he quickly proved his point.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

Dolberg obviously has bags of talent, but his mentality is off. It's almost as if he doesn't really care and as soon as he's not in the team he's not fighting his way back.

Scholsey2004

Looks quite similar to Vlahovic, just not as established, hence presumably less expensive. He looks a hard worker too so would probably add well to Ten Hag's press.

Scholsey2004

Dolberg obviously has bags of talent, but his mentality is off. It's almost as if he doesn't really care and as soon as he's not in the team he's not fighting his way back.
Sounds a lot like Martial and Sancho, who i really hope can turn it around. This is the problem with spending big money on very young players. You can estimate the talent but everything else is guess work.

colombianmancunian

Just the flavor of the month. Unproven and raw. As the bench option I prefer Ferguson. But I trust ETH, if he decides this guy will add, then in him I have my faith.

Last edited:

avgp_1

He is very impressive but he clearly needs a year or two before he can lead the line for us and he will need game time for that. There are still things he needs to iron out, the ball doesn't always stick, touches can be inconsistent due to a lack of concentration.

Unfortunately by then his price would have skyrocketed, and I don't think we'll get 2 strikers this summer.

croadyman

It feels like he has great talent but needs 1-2 more years of regular game time to become a fantastic player.

Has the ability of positioning himself really well (the trademark of a great striker) and is just naturally good alround.

He’d be a good fit for Ten Hag imo, but not sure we’ll win anything with him in the next 1-2 years as he needs to settle in and develop (which’d includes being inconsistent)

Big trophies next years = Kane

Big trophies after 2 years = Højlund

in between those two = Osimhen
Think you have summed it up well

Status
Not open for further replies.