Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

United need two strikers simple, Martial and Greenwood will go, the latter maybe on loan but they will both go so Kane or osimhen and a young striker like Hojlund make perfect sense.
That does not work. Hojlund would be stupid to come as back up for Osimhen. He will likely regress from lack of playing time.

For the people who are going to say Alvarez, he won't be there for long if he continues to be behind Haaland. Not to mention Alvarez is much for ahead in his development, he is not missing development time, he is too good to sit on the bench.

Erik the Red

Kane hasn't had the injury problems which RVP had. The issue won't be the short term solution for Kane because he could play for a few years yet, it will be the price Spurs want.
Agree, and also RVP won the league under SAF, but peak Pele, Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo weren't going to win the Carabao Cup under Moyes, so RVP's decline was always going to be noticeable. ETH will ensure that we utilise Kane in the best possible way, and I feel he could make the difference between a competitive side and a title winning side, but as you say, the price will be the issue.

Woziak

That does not work. Hojlund would be stupid to come as back up for Osimhen. He will likely regress from lack of playing time.

For the people who are going to say Alvarez, he won't be there for long if he continues to be behind Haaland. Not to mention Alvarez is much for ahead in his development, he is not missing development time, he is too good to sit on the bench.
versatile meaning he can play right wing as well as he’s predominantly left footed and quick. More involved in build up play than osimhen so can play 10 too.

Bondi77

Watched some of his Youtube stuff after hearing that he is a huge Utd fan and I am impressed as he seems to have all the attributes to be a big success in England.
I will be interested to see what the price may be if we showed concrete interest but it would be great if we done a VDB type deal where there is no build up and just an announcement that we have signed him.

croadyman

Watched some of his Youtube stuff after hearing that he is a huge Utd fan and I am impressed as he seems to have all the attributes to be a big success in England.
I will be interested to see what the price may be if we showed concrete interest but it would be great if we done a VDB type deal where there is no build up and just an announcement that we have signed him.
Think he is a backup target even though a club with proper ownership would be getting two strikers instead of being forced to choose

Bondi77

Think he is a backup target even though a club with proper ownership would be getting two strikers instead of being forced to choose
His price will be too high as backup and we will still have Martial at the club anyway as Erik obviously rates him so if he does get over his injuries he will always be on the bench and we have others that can play as a CF.
I would rather us get him and watch him grow at the club then pay a fortune for a player whose technical ability is questionable or give a shedload of money to Spurs.

Jev

His price will be too high as backup and we will still have Martial at the club anyway as Erik obviously rates him so if he does get over his injuries he will always be on the bench and we have others that can play as a CF.
In that scenario I think Højlund would be on the bench for the time being. Definitely don't see him as a better player than Martial at this time.

ti vu

The rumor about them being required to balance the book is false?! Seems like they can't stop spending.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Said it earlier in the thread, look at what we've pair for Amad who had barely broken into the first team, they're tough negotiators.
50m-60m pounds is exactly what I expect. The cheapest option compare to Kane (100m), Osimhen (130m), Ramos (105m), and Muani (105m).

RoyH1

I think he might be best served staying in Italy for a while longer. He's still so young and needs the playing time.

Unless he comes to us of course. Then all is good.

macheda14

The rumor about them being required to balance the book is false?! Seems like they can't stop spending.
I think they need to sell some players that they can then account for as the full transfer fee, but in buying players they can spread out the cost along their contract.

Mike Smalling

I’d really prefer it if Denmarks best striking talent in half a century isn’t chewed up by Chelsea and thrown in their striker graveyard.

Zico1982

Bild says that Bayern Munich is joining the chase for Højlund as well. The german outfit needs a striker at least as badly as we do. Kane, Osimhen, Muani and Højlund seems to be on everybodys list at the moment with danish papers writing that Barcelona is very much in the race for RH as well. They are out of money, but wants to trade players to get him.

Jev

Danish newspaper BT says that we, along with Real Madrid, have submitted a so-called letter of interest. Supposedly he's one out of a handful names on the shortlist at both clubs. They specify that the formal signal of interest doesn't necessarily mean we're ahead of the pack of interested clubs. They're a tabloid but generally don't make stuff up.

Strootman's Finger

Bild says that Bayern Munich is joining the chase for Højlund as well. The german outfit needs a striker at least as badly as we do. Kane, Osimhen, Muani and Højlund seems to be on everybodys list at the moment with danish papers writing that Barcelona is very much in the race for RH as well. They are out of money, but wants to trade players to get him.
This deal makes sense, they won't pay what the established strikers are being sold for this summer.

Blzbud

I’d really prefer it if Denmarks best striking talent in half a century isn’t chewed up by Chelsea and thrown in their striker graveyard.
Preben Elkjær says, I’m not quite that old, Mike.

Niklas Bendtner says, I’m twice the talent of Højlund and can I get a pizza sandwich to go.

Mike Smalling

Preben Elkjær says, I’m not quite that old, Mike.

Niklas Bendtner says, I’m twice the talent of Højlund and can I get a pizza sandwich to go.
Preben Elkjær debuted in '76 - that's pretty damn close to 50 years ago :smirk:

surf

That's all very well but the player has to be worth it. So not a VDB type deal.

Bondi77

That's all very well but the player has to be worth it. So not a VDB type deal.
The reference is to the speed and little media knowledge of the deal and not the quality of the player which I thought was fairly obvious.

Bondi77

Danish newspaper BT says that we, along with Real Madrid, have submitted a so-called letter of interest. Supposedly he's one out of a handful names on the shortlist at both clubs. They specify that the formal signal of interest doesn't necessarily mean we're ahead of the pack of interested clubs. They're a tabloid but generally don't make stuff up.
So we have joined the race along with Real Madrid.....I should apply for a job at The Sun :lol:

Zico1982

The rumours are flying. The Chelsea bid. Official interest from Bayern and Real. All the italian clubs wants him (Juve, Roma, Milan, Inter, Napoli). Dortmund, Newcastle and strangely Marseilles have been mentioned as well. It is a puzzle. Everybody wants Osimhen. If they don't get him, it's Kane (expensive, experienced, proven but maybe already peaked?), Muani (young, fast, in development, but also expensive) or Höjlund (very young, even faster and cheaper, but also riskier, while not as proven yet.) We are in for an interesting summer. My preferences: Osimhen, Höjlund, Muani, Kane and Leao.

Woziak

Forget V Osimhen,H Kane, K Muani but he might fit in well with Martial if he could stay fit. It’s so obvious this summer, We should just go sign R Hojlund(21) and E Ferguson(18) and the club are set for the next decade. Both will join because their united Fans and more importantly they won’t see a Kane or Osimhen in their way of both playing 35-45 games. We can probably get both for £100-120m and to me this is no brainer E Ferguson ticks the HG box too. Think logically V osimhen £300-350k per week, Kane will want the same we can sign these two on 150k and 100k per week each.

Lyng

How long before the Ericksen angle gets used?
From BT? I dont think they will. They usually dont base their stories on that. Not unless Christian comes out with something specifik about Rasmus and United.

Bondi77

From BT? I dont think they will. They usually dont base their stories on that. Not unless Christian comes out with something specifik about Rasmus and United.
I am sure someone will trot it out before long...maybe Fabrizio when it goes quiet :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.