Votes: 48 15.1%

Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Danny Roberts

It's kinda funny that people claim the transfer window has been poor because we havent offloaded a few of the players we want to offload - but the same people don't mention that we have kept Pogba which imo is a bit more important than if we are paying Darmians wages or not
We haven't kept him yet! And he STILL hasn't really proved himself.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We're weaker than we were last season in my view. Not addressed the gap at base of midfield, lost two further midfielders since the start of last season and not addressed the right wing. We've also lost our star centre forward, regardless of his indifferent form. Sales have been even worse with much of the deadwood still onboard. Given all the noise Solskjaer was making at the end of last season about him being successful here and many others not going to be around to see it, it's been a real poor summer.

Wan Bissaka might be a defensive improvement, but he'll offer no more going forward, and we should also recognise we've paid a mammoth fee for someone with less than 50 senior games. We have no real idea how good he actually is, given he essentially came from nowhere last term.

Maguire is a decent centre back, but whether he is the solution, I don't know. I feel our midfield's defensive work is far more culpable for the relative ease with which teams score against us.

James is just a raw prospect who is quick.: could turn into something, could leave the club in 18 months' time with barely a whisper.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Imagine being linked with Dybala, Eriskon, Fernandes and Longstaff, and ending up with none while your rivals make three signings on the last day (one being Dybala). Fecksake hope these spurs rumours fall flat.
We can't even make a signing from Newcastle United. That is how far we have fallen. They must see it as strengthening a rival. God I hope it all goes well on Sunday to lift the spirits.

DomesticTadpole

We're weaker than we were last season in my view. Not addressed the gap at base of midfield, lost two further midfielders since the start of last season and not addressed the right wing. We've also lost our star centre forward, regardless of his indifferent form. Sales have been even worse with much of the deadwood still onboard. Given all the noise Solskjaer was making at the end of last season about him being successful here and many others not going to be around to see it, it's been a real poor summer.

Wan Bissaka might be a defensive improvement, but he'll offer no more going forward, and we should also recognise we've paid a mammoth fee for someone with less than 50 senior games. We have no real idea how good he actually is, given he essentially came from nowhere last term.

Maguire is a decent centre back, but whether he is the solution, I don't know. I feel our midfield's defensive work is far more culpable for the relative ease with which teams score against us.

James is just a raw prospect who is quick.: could turn into something, could leave the club in 18 months' time with barely a whisper.
I agree with this. A lot of the goals we concede as you say are from midfielders not doing their defensive duties or giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Poor Harry.:(

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We can't even make a signing from Newcastle United. That is how far we have fallen. They must see it as strengthening a rival. God I hope it all goes well on Sunday to lift the spirits.
Yeah, can't help but feel if Spurs pull this off it's a huge statement especially with regards to us and them. You wouldn't have believed spurs transfer activity possibly pushing us in the shade but it could happen this year. Shows where we are and where they seem to be headed.

I still do feel our window has been a decent one and could lead to progress but feels like we're still far away from the growing number of PL big boys.

Abhinav

I'd have gone with a 6.5/7 but if Spurs are going to make a definitive step up this summer in quality I'll bump us down. Given our standing as a club, being put into the shade by Spurs despite being behind them in peformances doesn't bode well.
Its not just Spurs but Arsenal too. On paper they have replaced Koscielny and Ramsey with Luiz and Ceballos, and have further strengthened through Tierney and Pepe. While we strengthened our defence, we have definitely weakened our midfield and attack in terms of personnel.

As it stands, we are realistically fighting for 5th/6th with Chelsea and maybe Wolves.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I agree with this. A lot of the goals we concede as you say are from midfielders not doing their defensive duties or giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Poor Harry.:(
It's so obvious watching games live from behind the goals in an elevated position. Team just progress down the field against us with complete ease. One or two passes and they are in against our centre backs. We have absolutely no one at club who has shown the nous to play holding midfield and screen the defenc:. Pogba and McTominay are people you want running, Matic's positioning is more (and he's more of a tackler too anyway), and I'm not sure what Fred is! That's our entire midfield. Who's the person to sit deeper, position themselves smartly to cut off passing options and make interceptions at the right time? God, I miss Carrick.

Untd55

I am dropping my rating to 3/10. We have strengthened our defence, but have weakened our attack and midfield, with no sign of us bringing anyone else in.

The attack and midfield was poor last year and we have actually managed to make them worse. I think sixth place is the best we will get, judging by what we have done this window. Really poor.

OL29

3/10 given the signings that Arsenal and Spurs have made. We’ve improved our defence significantly but our midfield and attack have both weakened. Depressing to be going into another season with little reason to be optimistic.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Im happy with our window and will be even better if we can ship out Lukaku and any of the surplus-to-requirements defenders.

L1nk

Im happy with our window and will be even better if we can ship out Lukaku and any of the surplus-to-requirements defenders.
And this is why the standards will continue to drop at this club. No end in sight.

Untd55

How is it better after selling Lukaku? We were hardly great last season when he didn't play; he didn't play against Cardiff or Huddersfield. Two of the worst performances of the season.

Enigma_87

You know who
Cue selling Pogba after the window closes to Madrid after he hands in transfer request.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
5/10
We needed at least 2 cms (1 DM, 1 AM) and that's ignoring the right wing issue (No problem waiting a year for Sancho). Defence is sorted so that's something at least, but we will struggle for goals IMO.

MUFC OK

SPURS signing dybala whilst we sell Lukaku and the Glazers pocket the cash is the last straw for me, my blood is absolutely boiling. I'm done with this window and wont be posting until tomorrow, for my own sanity.

In the circumstances this has been a 4/10, we're in a worse position than 12 month ago. A long, hard and brutal season await us, we'll need to stick together.

M Bison

Supports
York City
And this is why the standards will continue to drop at this club. No end in sight.
How is it better after selling Lukaku? We were hardly great last season when he didn't play; he didn't play against Cardiff or Huddersfield. Two of the worst performances of the season.
Lukaku was dreadful for us last season. I can’t believe Inter are willing to pay £80m for him, Greenwood even at 17, can be no worse than that useless lump.

DomesticTadpole

5/10
We needed at least 2 cms (1 DM, 1 AM) and that's ignoring the right wing issue (No problem waiting a year for Sancho). Defence is sorted so that's something at least, but we will struggle for goals IMO.
If we don't get CL then we won't get Sancho. So you will have to hope for the best.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Love how the marks are coming down the closer we get to the deadline. I think people were factoring in imagined deals in the early 6 and 7 out of 10s.

I got told to give my head a wobble with my 4 and now that's the standard mark!

minoo-utd

We are 3 players short from a good transfer window, so it's really poor and reflects the ambitions of the club.

DomesticTadpole

I was hoping that 4 signings will get us a top 4 spot, doubtful now especially that Arsenal have a had a good window.
Yep. The defensive signing I am happy with. James could be good, but we needed a RW not another LW (Maybe somebody doesn't know their left from their right). However neglecting the midfield and attack is unforgivable. Yes you need a good defence, but goals win games.

red4ever 79

Ed is that you?

A team that needed a major rebuild as last season during the final months it was finally understood how shit we are when we lost to almost everyone. Our rebuild consists of a CB, RB and a young player from the Championship.

We have let 2 midfielders go since January and not replaced them and we are now letting one of our strikers go and probably wont replace him.

Would be happy to see some departures in defence

Imran Mamdani

we had the whole bloody transfer window, and still havent' signed a decent M. why don't we plan in advance and get on with it i don't understand. The persception Ole gave us last season and what the fans really wanted to a complete refresh - we all knew the squad needs a re-do, like a RE-DO. Yet, we still see deadwood and those that didn't put much of an effort. I mean, are Ed or Ole trolling us fans?

Although credit where credit is due, much happier with our defence now.
Feel the whole dybala saga was a waste of space and time - took up a good couple of weeks! - if he goes spurs, he'll deffo get a boo from me.

Untd55

Lukaku was dreadful for us last season. I can’t believe Inter are willing to pay £80m for him, Greenwood even at 17, can be no worse than that useless lump.
How does selling a player who scored 12 league goals make us anything else but weaker? Rashford and Martial are supposedly better, but only managed 10 goals each. Do you know that 18/19 was the first season those two have got double figures in the league?

It seems like our whole attack is based on the hope that Greenwood will be good, but will he? Also, how many games will he play? There is no question that selling Lukaku, without signing a replacement, will weaken us.

Coxy

Really disapointed. It was clear our squad needed a massive rebuild - Ole even said we needed a clearout - yet most of the dross is still with us.

We needed to make a statement for me - sign some top players (if they'd have come...) to show we're still at the top and this is our intention.

We've improved our defence which is great, but we needed more. Would have loved someone like Sancho, what a statement that would have been.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I can see a few positives.
Our defense should be much better and Lukaku left the club and we got most of our money back.
And it looks as if Pogba is going to stay.

One can only hope that Ole will use Fred, McTominay and the youngsters a lot and try to figure out who of them is up for the task and make the next step of the rebuilding in January.

eltigreFalcao

Sorry for being negative, but for me this windows depicts perfectly why and how we've become a fallen giant. Ed Woodward and the higher desition making men and women are the worst part of it all. And we'll continue to fall under this tenant so hopefuly it will one day be over, otherwise I dont see us coming back soon.

Bracing myself for a frustrating season

RedAlert27

3/10. Desperate for a new CDM, RW and CF. Relying too much on Rashford to bang in 20+ a season, desperate for another striker who is clinical. Matic is way too slow in possession and too easy to get past in the middle. And a brilliant opportunity for Greenwood to cement that RW position as his own.

Also good opportunities for Andreas, Gomes, and Chong to prove their worth.

I fear with no new attacking or creative midfield talent coming in, it will be the same story as last season. Dull, drab, frustrating games. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
average, managed to hang onto Pogba so far, this in and of itself is massive. Brought in Wan Bissaka and Maguire. Moved Lukaku on and recouped some cost. It's not all doom and gloom looking at it.

Sure would have liked to have seen some players off the books like most here. Are we catching Pool or City, no, but then neither is anyone else as far as I can tell.

VanGaalEra

If we don't selling Lukaku has basically paid for AWB and James. We have then spent £80m on Maguire. Sell some players abroad and he is then cheaper. Woodward and Co will think that is fantastic. It really isn't enough. Nobody expected a complete overhaul, although at times I would have been happy to bin the lot of them. However we needed at least two more players. It appears they think James is the attacking answer.
We've barely spent over the last three windows, Fred and Dalot for roughly £60M last summer, nothing in January, £140M this year with Lukaku recouping 70M and Fellaini another 10M. That's 80M over 3 windows.

It's pathetic tbh.

Ekeke

So I rated a 5/10 before, but with the context of most of our rivals having a better window than us I'm going to have to go down to 4/10 especially if we sell Lukaku and dont bring in an improvement.

City 8/10
Liverpool 3/10 just by virtue of keeping their players
Chelsea 2/10 with Hazard a huge loss
Spurs 6/10 currently, but if they manage to add Dybala or Fernandes etc it could go to 7 or 8/10
Arsenal 7/10

M Bison

Supports
York City
How does selling a player who scored 12 league goals make us anything else but weaker? Rashford and Martial are supposedly better, but only managed 10 goals each. Do you know that 18/19 was the first season those two have got double figures in the league?

It seems like our whole attack is based on the hope that Greenwood will be good, but will he? Also, how many games will he play? There is no question that selling Lukaku, without signing a replacement, will weaken us.
I understand what you’re saying and your rationale but I just don’t agree. Lukaku is experienced so would always get the nod against an inexperienced 17 year old so him not being there will force us to give it a go.

What’s the worst that can happen? Can he really be any worse than Lukaku last year? He could barely control a ball and killed so many attacks with his poor control or lack of movement.

He’s another one who thinks he’s better than he is, he’s overweight and unfit and I’m delighted/surprised we’ve managed to get our money back on him, he’s never worth it in my view.

MartinRed

What happened with Fosu-Mensah? Ole could have tried him in CDM role.

Danish Wizard

We solved a couple of our problems. But still need to adress til problems at right wing and central midfield. So an average grade would be my grade. 5 out of 10.

The problem is not what City and Liverpool have done. They are far ahead of us. The problem will be if clubs like Spurs manage to get Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Dybala and Ndombele. And Arsenal actually manage to sign a defender better than League Two. They will have improved more than us I would say.
I'm sceptical, but hope we sign a player before deadline. We need it.

VanGaalEra

So I rated a 5/10 before, but with the context of most of our rivals having a better window than us I'm going to have to go down to 4/10 especially if we sell Lukaku and dont bring in an improvement.

City 8/10
Liverpool 3/10 just by virtue of keeping their players
Chelsea 2/10 with Hazard a huge loss
Spurs 6/10 currently, but if they manage to add Dybala or Fernandes etc it could go to 7 or 8/10
Arsenal 7/10
Ndombele/Le Celso/Sessegnon and then Dybala probably deserves a 9 for Spurs.