Votes: 48 15.1%

Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Zlatattack

The only thing that could improve this rubbish window is if we manage to sell some of our dross to other people.

Red Viking

If we end up with the players we have bought so far only then i would classify it as a status quo job this summer. We have too many holes to fill in one summer however the job done is woefully inadequate for a so called big club. It is time to accept that Manchester United is no longer a big team but a mediocre one with no further ambitions with owners that only talk but dosn´t back it up where it matters. I would not come to this club if i was a young and up coming talent like Sancho as this club isn´t trying to win the league nor being a dominant factor in the Champions League again if you look at the level we have been operating at since selling Ronaldo. This club is all empty talk.

Betson

Poor window considering two of our big rivals Spurs and Arsenal look like to have had better summers than us and Chelsea would probably too if they did not have a transfer ban.

Liverpool and city are so far ahead of us it makes no difference who we sign in one window.

Our defense has improved but just as weak or even weaker elsewhere.

It is a top 6 squad at best.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Poor window considering two of our big rivals Spurs and Arsenal look like to have had better summers than us and Chelsea would probably too if they did not have a transfer ban.

Liverpool and city are so far ahead of us it makes no difference who we sign in one window.

Our defense has improved but just as weak or even weaker elsewhere.

It is a top 6 squad at best.
The only saving graces are that Wolves might struggle more with Europa AND we've weakened one of our other main rivals by taking Maguire off them. Everton may yet be the biggest threats to our 6th place as they've had a good window.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Herrera must be laughing at us and thanking God he left this joke of a club

Imran Mamdani

The only saving graces are that Wolves might struggle more with Europa AND we've weakened one of our other main rivals by taking Maguire off them. Everton may yet be the biggest threats to our 6th place as they've had a good window.
have we stooped so low that we are now discussing mid-table teams' limitations in order to save grace... (sarcastic)... bring on the seasonnnnn! l-o-l
it'd be interesting to see how many utd players us fans have on fantasy.

passing-wind

This is easily the worst window in the last decade. How anyone can think we will finish in a champions league position is comical. 7th place finish is my estimation.

El Jefe

8/10...

We have started a rebuild - which most fans know will take time - and we started by locking up the defence first (makes total sense).

Next summer - or maybe even January - we will know where we stand in midfield or attack. But in the meantime, Ole is going to give some promising youngsters a chance to prove themselves. In midfield Gomes, Pereira, McTominay and Garner will all get game time (which is great news for us United purists) and up front we have some of the most promising young attackers in Europe with Rashford and Martial being backed up by James, Sanchez, Lingard and - hopefully one different kinda option such as Mandzukic today. If we sign Mandzukic, it will be a near perfect first transfer summer window for Ole.

Rome wasn't built in a day.. so this was always going to take a couple of windows to get the balance fully right and ALL fans need patience. We need to look long-term. Not think that we can fix our mess in a summer transfer window (that's what we've tried (a quick fix) to do for the past managers post-Fergie and it has been a mess).

We are taking a different tac this time. And I - for one - am delighted.

Now.. stop moaning - especially about our midfield options.

The moaning is just super annoying. And shows very little understanding.

Listen;

If you wanna count No.10 as 'midfield' role then we have three midfield positions.

And these are our options for those three positions:

McTominay
Pogba
Matic
Pereira
Fred
Garner
Sanchez
Lingard
Mata
Gomes

10 players for three positions.

McTominay (our best player Dec-May under Solskjaer - our best player in pre-season - expected to become a key member of the team; though like early Carrick and early Fletcher days, I fully expect him to be really effective, only for fans to keep moaning that 'he's not good enough' -this is a cert to happen)

Pogba (Undoubtedly one of the best No.8s in the world, will now be playing where he was hugely influential for both Juve and France in World Cup. This midfield shape will get the best out of him)

Matic (admittedly has been a huge disappointment since coming to United. But I expect him to be a key player in CDM for our Europa League campaign, of which Ole has said he will play a lot of youth. Matic will be captain of this team and in fairness, is a decent back up to McTominay, no matter how much you guys wanna moan about him.)

Pereira
(has all the promise in the world. Probably not ideally suited to the Prem League as he is most effective when he has time on the ball, but he can cover ALL three positions and is a massive squad player for us)

Fred (was a fantastic player as a No.8 in Russia and although he has been disappointing in EPL, Ole believes he can come good in this system and is a great back up for Pogba. I have high hopes for Fred coming good. He has bags of ability. He just needs to show more awareness. But those writing him off are being way too impatient; see my username folks)

Garner (is gonna be a great player. But I think this season has come too soon for hm to play a major role in. But Ole will test him out and keep an eye on him to see if he can be the man who replaces Matic next season; if not, we'll try sign a Dec Rice or Sean Longstaff. But all academy coaches have huge hopes for Garner and is thought of as a more definite first-teamer than Gomes, Greenwood,Chong etc. The kid has bags of ability, is great off the ball and deserves a chance to prove himself before we splash big on a Longstaff. Again I suggest: have patience)

Sanchez (Has not been good since signing for United; but then again - he has been played out of position. This guys is a World Class No.10 and now that Ole has created a No.10 position, I hope to see the best of Sanchez, pulling the strings in behind Martial/Rashford/James/Greenwood etc. This is the role he has thrived in. Anyone writing him off is being an idiot. He has only played out of his best position since coming to Old Trafford. Not anymore.)

Lingard (As we have sen for England and in the academy as he was coming through; No.10 is where Lingard shines. Another great option for that role in behind our front three. Lingard is seen as a pivotal player by all United coaches. Massively underrated by our fanbase. He is the best player we have at carrying out Ole's high-press orders).

Mata (Had proven to be a world class No.10 - now that we play with a No.10, can we see the best of Mata in a United shirt. It's great that he has a central role as he never is/was a right-sided attacker. He was great in pre-season as our No.10 when he played there, and played some amazing interplay with Greenwood/Martial and Rashford).

Gomes (all the promise in the world as an attacking midfielder. Super excited about this fella, as you all should be).

Stop saying our midfield is too weak.

Especially as Ole has changed the midfield shape, to incorporate the likes of Sanchez, Mata and Lingard.

Plus, this way we get to give so many youngsters a chance in the first team, rather than spunking £80 m on more Di Marias, Schweinsteigers, Falcoas etc etc etc.

This is the most exciting it has been for United fans post Fergie.

And it is only the start of something special.

Those who have been pining for a Dybala or whatever clearly haven't watched us almost ruin ourselves by buying big-names in the past and just expecting them to fix our problems. This will take time. Ole is going about this the right way.

Defence sorted for the next few seasons.

Midfield and forward is wide open, but I LOVE the fact that we are giving the kids a chance to shine first before we splurge. Hats off to Ole.

Fingers crossed our fans give him the patience he requires.
Not even @Wumminator is capable of such a spin. What a bollocks post :houllier:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As an outsider looks to me OGS is going all out to give proper chances to Greenwood, Chong and Gomes and any other young player that shows promise this season. Board happy to run with it. Gomes is the only one of them who's a CM isn't he?

Does seem really odd to me you've left yourself (as it stands) pretty short in CM area and upfront. Could understand it more if you weren't in any european competition but Thursday-Sunday is going to lead to rotation, fatigue and injuries.

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance, but if you think Chong and Gomes are going to get us into the Champions League then you are deluded.

L1nk

Lukaku was dreadful for us last season. I can’t believe Inter are willing to pay £80m for him, Greenwood even at 17, can be no worse than that useless lump.
Even if he was, he scored goals, and was an extra option, I genuinely don't think Greenwood is going to play as much as people seem to think he is. We are 3 players, minimum, short of a good transfer window, we've had months, MONTHS, knowing Fellaini and Herrera were leaving and yet we made no attempt to sign a midfielder besides Brexit Longstaff apparently. We've seemingly let players like Tielemens, Lo Celso, Ndombele etc just go despite needing midfielders, clubs a joke.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As an outsider looks to me OGS is going all out to give proper chances to Greenwood, Chong and Gomes and any other young player that shows promise this season. Board happy to run with it. Gomes is the only one of them who's a CM isn't he?

Does seem really odd to me you've left yourself (as it stands) pretty short in CM area and upfront. Could understand it more if you weren't in any european competition but Thursday-Sunday is going to lead to rotation, fatigue and injuries.
I understand it from a front 3 perspective, it's the midfield that is harder to understand, they're seemingly blind to how much of a problem it is whenever Mata or Matic play. Our squad would look much healthier if it was Herrera in Matic's place IMO, as we'd have probably 3/4 competent midfielders (compared to the 2/3, depending on how you count Fred).
In the attack between 4 positions (depending on formation and where Pogba plays), we have Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Sanchez, James, Greenwood, Gomes and Chong... 9 players, and while we all hate Sanchez, I guess Ole is looking at him doing a decent squad player job. We'll see how it goes, but I'm definitely glad we're giving youth a chance in there.

Smores

I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance, but if you think Chong and Gomes are going to get us into the Champions League then you are deluded.
As it was with LvG the club will spin it this way but given the targets we were after this isn't a choice we've actively made.

I'll still enjoy the season and seeing the youth but unlike some posters i can do that whilst still recognising how much of a disgrace this window is. Even from a risk management point of view we've left so much open to risk.

red4ever 79

If no one comes in today to replace Lukaku or Herrera then i will give us a 2 out of 10.

On the flip side if we manage to get rid of Sanchez I will give us a 10/10

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
First at all- i don't get why so many people consider this window a success. I have mixed feelings about people we brought in, but failure to offload deadwood and lack of transfers in key positions is just shocking.

We need a miracle to even dream about a top 6 finish. Our attack is full of youngsters with erratic performances and unstable out-put. Right wing - again we have a square peg in round whole. Whoever plays there (Mata, Lingard, James) will not be a threat coming from wide positions. All players will drift to the middle of the pitch leaving us ease to defend against.

Midfield- it literally takes one injury and one suspension to us having no midfielders on a bench. Pogba, Fred, McT, Matic, Andreas is not enough in terms of quantity, not to mention quality. Matic's legs are gone. Fred gets cold and hot, Andreas is not #6, could be deployed as #8 but that's all.

We finally got a right back. After years of watching Valencia and Young i welcomed this purchase with open arms. The fee is ridiculous but hey, what can you do.
Regardless, our back up option consists of Dalot and Young..and Darmian. None fills me with confidence.
Maguire for me is a luxury buy. Many argue that he will transform this side. I doubt. IMHO we wasted opportunity to invest serious money elsewhere.

DDG is yet to sing a new contract. I see him leave for free next summer.

For me we have done less than bare minimum in terms of transfers in, close to nothing in terms of clearing the deadwood, we failed to replace players who left.

The one and only positive is that, it seems we have changed our approach. We have clear profile of players we target, we grew a pair of bollocks to say no to "opportunities" in the market and we get only player who are motivated by prospect of playing for Man United.

Werder Herzog

2/10

And here's why- Lingard , Mata, Young , Jones, Smalling, Matic , are still at the club. We sold our top goalscorer from the last 2 seasons. Our midfield is utter dog turd.

I've now come to accept we are muck, no more false hope, i can not be wound up by City or Liverpool fans because we are in essence in a seperate league both on and off the pitch and i know it will stay like this until the Glazers are done.

Zhadow

5/10

We strengthened our defence but our midfield and attack are weaker than last season. We just have to hope that the academy players can step up their game and deliver. If not... then we're in serious trouble getting in the Top 4 this season.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Anyone giving it more than 5/10 need to give their head a wobble.
Agreed 100%
And it will be these same people who will moan when we are struggling to beat teams in the relegation zone. They'll ask why we didn't buy midfielders in the Summer.
And when Ole is sacked as a result, they'll blame the owners, only then, it will be too late. The moaning needs to be done before....not after.

Before the window opened I predicted that we'd attempt to save money, spend little, hope for 4th place and increase the profits of the company. At this moment in time, that's what we are doing.

Some fans are (or will be) angry at players.
Some are angry at Ole/Jose.
I am angry at Woodward - everything starts with his incompetence in the role of DoF.

Woeisme

Looks like Bournemouth are about to sign Frank Kessie for less than 30 million. Quite liked him as a holding Mid. Pity we dont need one of them.:eek:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Looks like Bournemouth are about to sign Frank Kessie for less than 30 million. Quite liked him as a holding Mid. Pity we dont need one of them.:eek:
Could they become another challenger for our 6th place crown at this rate??

House Mkhitaryan

Updating my rating to 1/10

Signed three players - all British for ~50% over actual value. Let Herrera walk and sold Lukaku without replacing either. Shambolic.

UnitedObsession99

Updating my rating to 1/10

Signed three players - all British for ~50% over actual value. Let Herrera walk and sold Lukaku without replacing either. Shambolic.
Add all the business Everton, Wolves and Arsenal are doing and you are damn right!

If none of those had done business, we would probably be on for a good chance at 4th place, as it stands it wouldn't be surprisng to end in 8th!

Andersons Dietician

The fact we finally got a proper rightback after about 6 years makes this a great window for me.

Agreed we needed more bodies in but getting all these done in 1 window was always very unlikely. I’m choosing to look at it as we’ll move for Kai Havertz, Sancho and Sangare/Roca next season and I’m quite happy letting Greenwood, Gomes and Chong have a crack at 1st team football to see what they can do.

I’m expecting a fight for 4th but looks like a lot of people will be challenging for it so we could place anywhere from 4th to 8th.

It’s a weird one to rate as well Bissaka and Maguire our good buys and if a City had signed them you’d say great window. We just needed a lot of work so it probably clouds the reality of how good the window is/was.

5/10

Stacks

4/10. The transfer window should be an opportunity to improve your standing in the league and compared with your competitors. We may have gone backwards whilst Spurs and Arsenal are looking to move forward (if Arsenal get Luiz and Tierney). Wolves have spent more than us in net transfers with Lukaku pending moves, Everton too and West ham. some people think Net is worthless. I think the money we raise should be reinvested into the holes in our team and we should be blowing those sides out of the water.

I still hold hope we'll pull something out the bag

spiriticon

it was a 6/10 but flogging Lukaku for £73 million and Rojo for 25m would push it up to a 7/10

soralapio

That's what I hope for, but I'm afraid that we will instead just get Matic and Mata in most games, and they just aren't good enough. But even if Greenwood, Chong and Gomes do get a lot of games, they are still very young and inexperienced lads, and dumping the responsibility of carrying United's season on them seems like a horrible idea. It's easy to forget that the Class of 92 were allowed to slot into an already established and excellent team, which this United squad very much isn't.

Zeno

We cannot properly grade this transfer window until we are well into the season. In the short term I will be looking for 3 things (1) win against Chelsea on Sunday; (2) 0.8 goals conceded per game; (3) strong response to first bad defeat.

But to be honest I have found this year to be immensely refreshing. It finally feels like there is a plan. Rather than rushing maniacally into the shop with a fistful of 50s and grabbing whatever looks shiniest on the day; we have quietly strode in, picked up a few essentials and when a couple of items on our list were not available, or weren’t really any better than what we have, we accepted that we will have to go back to shop another day. Grown-up shopping.