Votes: 48 15.1%

Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

VanGaalEra

I think we're done for the Summer, as I'm naturally optimistic, I'll give the window 6/10.

Bestietom

2 top players and a prospect. We still need a top midfielder and a prolific goalscoring forward. 6/10

Code-CX

2/10. Out of the 3 signings, AWB is the one I have the highest hopes for.

I honestly have no clue how, after all these years, we still haven't addressed our RW problem. We will go into the season with the same culprits (Mata and Lingard) floating aimlessly on the wings, and we'll be rehashing the same stuff we've been saying for god knows how long.

Also, unless we make some midfield signings before the windows closes, we’ll have lost two of our CMs and are only one Pogba injury away from fielding a horrendous midfield. I seriously hope we’re doing something to address this since I have zero faith in Matic and Fred.

Obviously, I'd love to be proven wrong and that the signings we made are enough, but I'm not optimistic of this season with the activity we've done.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If we break it down:

GK: 7/10 - assuming DDG signs a new contact as expected, we realistically couldn't have asked for much more here
DF: 8.5/10 - great signings and, on paper, looking very solid now. Great improvements, can only really be made better by shipping out some of the deadwood.
MF: 2/10 - The main cause for concern. We've lost options here and haven't replaced them. McTominay and Pogba look to be the only CMs of United quality and unless something out of the blue happens from now until the end of the window, we're going to be found out in the centre of the park this season.
AT: 5.5/10 - All looking very youthful so hard to make an accurate assessment as of yet. Lukaku being shipped out is good - especially for the £ being quoted - and James looks exciting. Hoping to see some experience brought in to help players develop and add needed guaranteed goals to the overall tally.

Window Rating: 5.8/10

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Very happy with all three signings. Very unhappy no other outs/ins have been completed and also unhappy that the Maguire deal dragged so he's had no time with the team. Same can be said for any further signings.

5/10

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bit of a weird one for you.

In terms of the signings you've actually made - 9/10. Wan-Bissaka is an absolutely fantastic signing, you can see him easily becoming the undisputed best RB in the league for a while and Maguire brings much needed leadership that will mean your back 4 is going to have a concrete set-up rather than be changing fortnightly. James is a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment. Early signs in pre-season show that people are terrified of his pace which could be really beneficial in terms of opening up teams.

In terms of outs - 1/10. Dismal. Just dismal. Rojo and Darmian should be gone. One of Jones or Smalling should also be gone. I don't think that will leave you too light as you can bring in some youngsters and people like Tuanzebe for a few games if needed. Sanchez also should be gone. The whole Lukaku situation has been really poorly handled too.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Defence: 8/10. I'm not 100% sure that Maguire is any better than the likes of Smalling as an actual defender, but he's certainly more comfortable kicking a football, which has been a major problem for a good while, and especially so now that we're trying not to lump it down the pitch quite so much. Wan-Bissaka, however, looks the business what what I've seen. Between him and Dalot, we shouldn't have to worry about RB for the next decade (in theory).

Midfield: My fat arse/10. Lost Herrera, signed nobody. Far fecks to him for getting Sanchez money out of PSG. We're still absolutely buggered any time Pogba is injured/suspended/doesn't fancy it. Matic isn't filling me with confidence. Fred and Pereira are looking ok at best. The only reason to have any optimism at all is McTominay, who managed to look like a young Keane marauding forward in that friendly in Oslo. If he keeps looking like that, or how he did in the Chelsea game, it'll be the only reason we're not completely fecked in the middle of the park.

Attack: 5/10. I'm struggling to see it with Dan James. Hope I'm wrong of course, but he's looking like the white Aaron Lennon to me. Same as most, I've got high hopes for Gomes and Greenwood and am looking forward to finding out how good they can be, as long as they get enough chances to show it and aren't stuck behind Mata and Lingard in the pecking order for too long. Martial looked like he could be arsed in a couple of those friendlies. let's see how long that lasts, I suppose. Have got every appendage crossed that Lukaku will be playing his football in a country that looks like a boot in the very near future.

John Johnson

3/10
Good fullback, a fraud of a CB and a Bebe/Obertan/Powell who will be gone in 2 years

King Eric 7

5/10 so far, which isn't good enough, really. But the window is still open. If we sign Eriksen, I'll make it a 9/10. Even though we'd still be short, we'd have gained one prospect, two quality defenders and an absolutely immense player who I'd love to watch play for our team.

NJM78

Everyone is saying this will take 3 summer windows to fix our problems. We may not even have Europa league to offer by then.

Zlatattack

If we get Eriksen and Dybala, it'd be the most exciting window since DiMaria and Falcao.

Roboc7

It’s not a great window, think Spurs and Arsenal will both make more signings and we’re going to really struggle to get top four. Failure to offload the deadwood is real issue and policy of giving them new contracts or extending showing no signs of coming to an end.

I think this window has highlighted there aren’t huge sums of money available and we aren’t anything like as attractive to lots of players anymore. There’s a good chance Dybala will go to Spurs for a smaller salary which sums up where we are right now.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It’s not a great window, think Spurs and Arsenal will both make more signings and we’re going to really struggle to get top four. Failure to offload the deadwood is real issue and policy of giving them new contracts or extending showing no signs of coming to an end.

I think this window has highlighted there aren’t huge sums of money available and we aren’t anything like as attractive to lots of players anymore. There’s a good chance Dybala will go to Spurs for a smaller salary which sums up where we are right now.
A mess.

vidic blood & sand

I have booked Thursday and Friday off. Thursday sitting next to Sky Sports with plenty of beer. Friday going for a meal and shopping in london.

bucky

Not good enough in my eyes. I want Ole to be successful, but I am not sure, how he and his staff, without having to work wonders with that midfield and attack, are supposed to accomplish a top 4 finish. Ole basically has to be as good as Sir Alex, and even the great man himself wouldn't go into the season without a proven goalscorer.

Ole has done well in terms of identifying our problems and addressing them. I also think in pre season and last season you saw a clear direction from him. Which is why I find it even more frustrating, if the board doesn't get him want is needed.

scoi

Have gone from a sieve defence to potentially the strongest defensive back 4 in the league.

Unfortunately the problems extend more than one area, James is a punt at future success, and as much as the youth show promise its too soon to rely on any of them.

The most obvious problem last season was getting any sort of creativity in midfield outside of Pogba. That is still the case.

4/10 so far
A good signing in a creative midfielder (read Bruno/Erikson) would turn it into an 8
Getting rid of 3 of the dross for a 10

buckooo1978

3 good signings so far but Maguire was poorly handled. We probably could have signed him in June for the same price.

happy with the way the transfers have been vetted but what have our scouts been doing - James, Wan Bissaka and Maguire (Longstaff too reportedly) were all selected by Phelan, Carrick and recommended by Giggs

Is it safe to say our vast network of scouts didnt identify a player that would improve us in a key position further than London?! Strange

We also haven't strengthened key positions such as midfield with Fellaini/Herrera gone and Matic done, we've no RW and we are light in attack with Lukaku a cert to leave.

This was never going to be a 1 window fix but it's still disappointing

5/10 for me

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
2/10. At best we will secure the same league position we had last season. Would completely change if we added a top player to our midfield or attack in the last day or so.

Woodward had the opporrunity to give Ole a good chance at succeeding here but he just failed again like he failed every other manager.

No depth in our midfield and no real quality in our attack.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
the longer it goes on the more I see it as another abject failure: 3/10. as for the nonsense of our window closing before the rest of europe's, this is one of the stupidest decisions of all time

OoopsMisclick

2/10

Needed at least a CB, RB, CM, RW and ST if lukaku leaves.
Decent CB, good RB in.
Some would argue that we need a Matic replacement now and not next window.
Furthermore, we haven't actually sold anyone.

It just isn't good enough for a club of our size. We've been chasing targets all window that are financially unattainable or just not interested in joining.
Add a rookie-manager to that and no vision at the top of the club and you got a dangerous mix.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
fecking mess is what it is.

Scriblerus

If the plan is to play 4-2-3-1 and we're running round a day before the deadline - as seems to be the case - still trying to find a 10 and without a top class 7 as first choice, it's been piss poor.

Oliver_

The inability of not seeing that Herrera an Fellaini have to be replaced and that we desperately need a RW is so frustrating... that said signings made are good but the missing ones make this a 4/10

If we have the opportunity to bring in at least one of Fernande, Eriksen or Dybala just fecking do it!

Handré1990

5/10

Needed a CB (done), RB (done), CM (failed), and a RM/RW (failed).

Could really do with 2 CMs but one was really expected (Herrera and Fellaini make up a two man big hole in our squad).

El-Manos

Going to be a tough season. 5/10. Midfield will be a disaster and our attack is far from impressive either. All we can do now is pray we keep Pogba.

Kag

The club will try and spin our transfer window in a way which suggests that replacing the likes of Fellaini, Herrera and Lukaku with (effectively) McTominay, Andreas, Gomes and Greenwood was the plan all along. But I can’t say I’ll be buying it.

Zoo

5/10 but if we sell Lukaku without a replacement it's 3/10.

Smores

You can make do in a position or two and still have a decent season but beyond that and its harmful. I'd say we're making do in 4 (CDM, CM/10, RW, Striker).

It looks like we had a single target for each position. I can't see how we could have had multiple targets identified and still end up in this position.

No matter what the yes men 9n here say it's been a poor window (unless we get one more starter in)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Poor 4/10.

Especially since we knew the fee for Maguire since May but dragged it on till then end of the window and didnt even get a discount

Not to mention the Dybala briefings when we were not even sure he wanted to join the club