Rate our January window

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It'll be fine, we'll have a "sources" article in the press in a day or two about Utd having a list of targets and a warchest of funds available for the new, soon to be decided manager.

The club is in a complete tailspin if you ask me.

wolvored

Outgoings 7/10. Should have let Hendo and especially Lingard go. Newcstle offered what £6 mill and pay his wages, which would have amounted to about £8 mill altogether. Pig headed board could have bought Zakaria with that. The only thing you can say with Lingard is perhaps with Greenwood probably finished, they maybe kept him as an extra attacker. Why is anyones guess if that is so.
Imncomings 0/10. I just hope that was on Woodward as Arnold officially starts tomorrow as the big honcho. We should have signed a CDM. Thats what RR wanted and we havent. We dont deserve to finish top 4. The fact RR isnt being backed could possibly mean hes not going to get the full time role in the summer. Maybe like Mourinho did, we already have an agreement and the new manager has had an input before the season has ended. Who knows?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We are now a midtable club with the corresponding ambition and it will show soon enough /10.

Volksie316

0 out of 10.

Our squad is a lot weaker than it was before.

We need a midfielder badly, but instead of bringing one in, we let one go instead!

Our forward line are mostly all out of form(Okay Rashy has got back into a little bit of form), and now Greenwood's career is finished.

We needed at least 1 signing, which was a DM and ideally needed a replacement for Greenwood.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
It'll be fine, we'll have a "sources" article in the press in a day or two about Utd having a list of targets and a warchest of funds available for the new, soon to be decided manager.

The club is in a complete tailspin if you ask me.
And when we don't make it to the CL the same "sources" will claim next summer that the targets will be hard to get due to lack of CL.

Oranges038

Let some players that won't be missed go.

Didnt waste any money on panic buys that would be deadwood in a year anyway.

Decent window.

Will Singh

3/10 and that’s for sorting Donny out club in the PL. Not getting a DM again is a disaster, if we don’t finish in the top 4 then things are gonna get worse which right now is hard to imagine anything worse then the shit we are in!

CloneMC16

Didn't get rid of two of the problem players that are probably the source of the leaks. Lingard and Henderson. I guess I can understand Lingard staying now, but the guy has made it pretty damn clear that he wanted to leave, and Ralf even said he could go. Henderson is never going to play and he wants to leave. It's pointless keeping him here. We have four keepers and only one is ever going to play.

We at least let Martial and VDB leave. Both have barely played and deserved to be loaned out. Amad needed a loan. He's sat doing nothing for a year and a half. He's lost a lot of development time.

We didn't bring in a midfielder and we really could have done with one. I guess the players we're interested in aren't available, but it's a risk to stick with what we have. If Fred and McT stay fit, we'll be alright. If we have to count on Matic, the season is practically over.

Probably a 5/10. Did some things. Didn't do others. Let some unhappy players go. Didn't waste money on a panic buy. May regret it if we have injuries in midfield. The club has a lot to do in the summer.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
And when we don't make it to the CL the same "sources" will claim next summer that the targets will be hard to get due to lack of CL.
Listen mate, we can do things in the transfer window other clubs can only dream of.

Granted, maybe not when we're outside the top 4, under an interim manager, and have done the square root of feck all to improve our position.. but you have to believe, Pogba, Jones, Lingard.. basically 3 new signings.

Top players will be flooding to Utd come the summer.

ali8karimi

Not bad as People will make.

The only CM options were Zakaria and Kamara.
Not sure théy would be in next managers plans.
+ Mejbri is back from AFCON and Arab Cup trips and pogba back from injury.
They didnt feature in last games so like 2 new signings

If We keep 4 3 3 shape We got Scott/matic for lone 6 spot and Bruno/pogba/fred/mejbri to play as 8 spot.
In case of injuries could switch to 4231 shape with Bruno/jesse/mata to play CAM.

I think mejbri will be introduced fast like Elanga.

One of Diallo/Martial wouldnt have gone If We knew earlier We'd lose Greenwood. Therefore its à Good choice to keep lingard even though he is gone at the end of the season, he will play to get exposure and à good contract elsewhere and I hope he ll try his best to mark his last months as a United player.

Let New signings be next managers task.
For the outers I think these are good loans tuanzebe Martial amad and van de beek will benefit getting game time they couldnt get here in very decent teams.

Small squad , "Siege" mentality is on . Big 2nd part of the season coming , can't wait !

gza the genius

We needed a midfielder and losing Greenwood meant we needed an attacker. We didn't get a midfielder and instead of attempting to bring in another attacker we forced someone to stay who doesn't want to be here and isn't good enough anyway. The only outgoings are loans too so we only save a couple months of wages and then have the same problem getting rid in the summer again.

kelvinwong2026

2/10. The 2 points are for the loan deals. Deeply disappointed that Lingard didn't leave, otherwise I would give it a 5/10.

Bertie Wooster

4/10. But due to unforeseen circumstances leaving us short on established attacking options.

Was a 5/10, almost meaningless window until that point - no permanent decisions made with an interim manager, so no incomings and just expected loans out while we wait until the permanent manager is announced.

Nothing particularly significant, and the first team squad (as regards who actually get minutes) pretty much unchanged.

And then the Greenwood bombshell. Too late to bring in a replacement, and leaving us a senior attacking option light for the remainder of the season.

Deery

Dreary
Shocking whoever signed DVDB needs shot and with Greenwood missing we could be doing with another attacker.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I didn't expect much. Verane, Ronaldo and Sancho last summer and a bloated squad. I hope Ralf promotes youth players when needed. Midfielder or 2 in next summer.

Rating 5 for loaning out some players.

Bertie Wooster

That's Sanchos position now. 75m player. How many games will Lingard get?
That depends on fitness and form of those above him, and how he performs when he gets opportunities.

If everyone remains fit, he should mainly be needed just as a sub. But if we pick up our usual number of injuries, our understudies will be needed more as starters. And, with limited options in our squad, circumstances dictated that our plans changed and we really had to keep hold of Lingard as an experienced squad player.

Deery

Dreary
Yep, but how many games should he be expecting to play? Is he going to have to hope someone gets injured? He would be playing every game at Newcastle. Like he did at West ham.
Well considering Sancho has looked like a league one player he may get a decent run in the team, we’ll just have to see.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
That depends on fitness and form of those above him, and how he performs when he gets opportunities.

If everyone remains fit, he should mainly be needed just as a sub. But if we pick up our usual number of injuries, our understudies will be needed more. And with limited options in our squad, circumstances dictated that our plans changed and we really had to keep hold of Lingard.
We have Elanga Rashford and Sancho for the wings, maybe even Pogba. They should all be ahead of Lingard. I can't see how many times he will get to play.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If we think our transfer window is bad, at least our Top 4 rivals have committed seppuku or at least some high level of self-inflicted moves:

1. Wolves lost Adama. Thats huge dent to their chances.​
2. West Ham -- thin squad to start with and no new signing this window.​
3. Arsenal -- seppuku. One goal in January, only Eddie & Laca as strikers. One injury from being 8th?​

As my mum always says -- better lucky than clever.

Listar

If getting players out of the squad means a successful window even I can do the job. :(

The Firestarter

If we think our transfer window is bad, at least our Top 4 rivals have committed seppuku or at least some high level of self-inflicted moves:

1. Wolves lost Adama. Thats huge dent to their chances.​
2. West Ham -- thin squad to start with and no new signing this window.​
3. Arsenal -- seppuku. One goal in January, only Eddie & Laca as strikers. One injury from being 8th?​

As my mum always says -- better lucky than clever.
Hope your mum doesn't gamble.

Bertie Wooster

We have Elanga Rashford and Sancho for the wings, maybe even Pogba. They should all be ahead of Lingard. I can't see how many times he will get to play.
Lingard will also be cover for Fernandes in the #10 role when we play that.

I agree he'll be below Rashford and Sancho, and Elanga should he continue his impressive start (which is no guarantee).

But that's 3/4 players (4/5 counting Pogba) ahead of him for three positions. We need him as cover for those positions as there's absolutely no guarantee that those players will always be available. And there's always substitutions during games, so we need more than just the starters.

I was happy for Lingard to leave when Greenwood was that other option. And, had we had more time, I'd have preferred us to maybe sign an alternative. But none of those were options, and so we really had no option but to keep the experienced PL player that was already on our books.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nothing window.

You can't let players go and claim you've had a good window ffs

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Amad no, Donny might be. Constantly whining to the press about playing time. His agent (former) was out daily for a good period.

Martial is a bad one, and Greenwood is gone.
If you're signed for 40m and getting no game time whatsoever for 2 seasons in a row then he is right to get it out through whatever medium. Its not like he was given a lot of chances and he played poorly. He would even give 6/10 in his rare starts and would get benched for 2/10 McTominay