Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Do you think he has less of a chance of making it just because he left United?
Nope, not just because he left United. I am going by the fact that he keeps missing training regularly for United and not working enough when your talents have been held in regard. i doubt United would be bothered not giving him a contract if there wasn't enough professionalism.
He may well go on become a very good player fulfilling his talent but it may well need some form of catalyst which this move has a potential possibility for him. its upto him but we can only go by what he has been so far.

The Neviller

Disappointing if he does go, he was a proper natural talent. Have watched a lot of him in the youth team and the reserves over the past few years, and he was extremely impressive. Would have loved him to make it here, but if his attitude isn't right and he's doing the silly things accredited to him then maybe he isn't worth the hassle.

It'll be sad if his life and career ends up a car crash, he could have been talked about amongst the most recent legends at our club in a few years time, given the right mentality. It takes more than just talent to make it at United, that much has been seen in the past. Maybe this kid just hasn't got enough of the other stuff.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Delighted to see the back of him. Don't want his sort playing for United. Gives off really bad vibes. I'd drive him down to East London if I could. I'd love to see R Nick's take on this after attacking me for daring to have A go at 'boy wonder'.
I still think the exact same as I did, the stuff you were coming out with in that thread was out of order and you came across as a bit of a knob, I don't see how his apparent departure would change that?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I think the fact he is leaving makes it a lot less likely he'll be as good a player as people seem to think he could be. As we've seen with Rooney, Fergie will do whatever it takes to hold on to our best young footballers. If he's not willing to make the same effort with Morrison then he obviously doesn't rate him as highly as most people (including me) do. And he's in a far better place to judge.

As I posted in another thread. If this goes ahead, I think he'll be the next Jermaine Pennant. A real waste of a great natural talent.
I'm not sure that is the case here. It's certainly a possibility that his attitude isn't right for the club, despite his talent, if he does leave that is. Rooney is a different case, because he was also an established talent and senior player at the club, a lot more was at stake. I don't know, I can only go on what I've seen from him, and he looks a phenomenal talent. This ridiculous saga hasn't really changed that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
From BBC Sport's Richard Conway: "I understand that a deal for Ravel Morrison to join West Ham is "99% done", with his medical underway. It's a permanent deal, with no option included for Manchester United to buy the player back at a later date.

So long Ravel

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I'm not sure that is the case here. It's certainly a possibility that his attitude isn't right for the club, despite his talent, if he does leave that is. Rooney is a different case, because he was also an established talent and senior player at the club, a lot more was at stake. I don't know, I can only go on what I've seen from him, and he looks a phenomenal talent. This ridiculous saga hasn't really changed that.
I agree. I think we've cut him a lot more slack than we would most kids, because of how good he is.

What Fergie has to consider in these situations is not just whether he'll be good enough for the first team, though. Players progress in stages, with dips and plateaus in between. Opposition players work out ways to stop you, and you need to keep taking it to the next level. Say Morrison makes it for United and becomes a starter, scores some great goals, etc... what happens when things get difficult? Will he redouble his efforts in training, analyze videos, listen to what the coaching staff say? Or will his troubles collide with his high opinion of himself, leading him to blame others on Twitter, get pissed and twat someone/get twatted?

It may be Fergie's decided that with this kid even a very high level of talent's not enough.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I dunno. The fact that Fergie seems willing to let him go adds a lot more credence to the rumours about him not turning up for training sessions and generally behaving like a prat. If that's his approach to a career as a footballer he'll never fulfil his potential, no matter how talented he is. Natural talent is enough for a youngster to look better than all his beers but it will only get them so far.

EDIT: peers, not beers. Quality Freudian slip, that.

RedLars

I dunno. The fact that Fergie seems willing to let him go adds a lot more credence to the rumours about him not turning up for training sessions and generally behaving like a prat. If that's his approach to a career as a footballer he'll never fulfil his potential, no matter how talented he is. Natural talent is enough for a youngster to look better than all his beers but it will only get them so far.
I've yet to see a beer that isn't infinitely more appealing than Ravel ;)

Edit: You could've at least waited until I'd posted my reply before you corrected your mistake, Pogue!

BaldwinLegend

Lovely typo there...

From what I've seen, he's got an insane gift but neither the brains or attitude to back it up. Maybe W Ham and Allardyce will have more time and resources to direct towards him and think its worth the risk.

He might be as gifted as Scholes, as people have said in the club apparently, but he's never struck me as having, frankly, the intelligence both for the game on the pitch, and for use in how to conduct his career as Scholes has shown, and Giggs, Beckham and the Nevilles.

I find it really sad actually - its unprecedented, isn't it, Fergie deciding enough is enough with such a gifted United youngster?

It'll be a case now of 'what might have been' for the rest of his life.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I agree. I think we've cut him a lot more slack than we would most kids, because of how good he is.

What Fergie has to consider in these situations is not just whether he'll be good enough for the first team, though. Players progress in stages, with dips and plateaus in between. Opposition players work out ways to stop you, and you need to keep taking it to the next level. Say Morrison makes it for United and becomes a starter, scores some great goals, etc... what happens when things get difficult? Will he redouble his efforts in training, analyze videos, listen to what the coaching staff say? Or will his troubles collide with his high opinion of himself, leading him to blame others on Twitter, get pissed and twat someone/get twatted?

It may be Fergie's decided that with this kid even a very high level of talent's not enough.
Exactly. He has to be thinking long term here, and if he does leave than I can't see it being about his talent, which Fergie has said himself is a rarity. We have certain expectations and demands from our players, it's more than just playing football when you are at a club like United, and I'd be willing to guess if he doesn't sign, it will be on the back of his mentality and attitude, rather than the talent he has shown or has.

towcester_red

The fact that he is going to West Ham and there is no buy back agreement says it all for me.

I trust SAF's judgment on that. What I do question is what the feck we are going to do about ever signing a centre mid again in my lifetime.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

EDIT: peers, not beers. Quality Freudian slip, that.
That's exactly what I mean though. If rumours like that are true, then it shows a problem with his attitude and discipline, which in turn affects his ability. I don't think his talent is really in question here, but lacking the determination and discipline will mean he might not reach his full potential. But that doesn't mean Fergie didn't rate him as highly as we first thought, it's just as likely that he's not willing to put up with his attitude.

IL_DUCE

:lol:

Will Solius succed in scaring poor Ravel out of the theater of dreams? His quest can be followed on twitter....

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
he's never struck me as having, frankly, the intelligence both for the game on the pitch...
I think he's a very intelligent player. Hogs the ball a bit but that's normal at his age with his skills.

Nah feck him. I hated his face anyway. Looks like a common street corner rat. Bye bye little boy.
:confused:

Ole90+3

He's actually a lazy knob. But he has screwed over Bristol City so fairplay.
Not sure if that's a dig...

Sorry if I sound stupid or ignorant here, but what has he done to screw over Bristol City? I'm not a huge follower of Championship football, but everytime I've seen him, he has played well. Fast, good feet and a good finish.

What are you having trouble with?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It's amazing how quickly attitudes on here change. I always enjoyed watching Ravel play and had high hopes for him. His attitude has always been a problem though, the safest place for him is on the pitch. However to make it here you need more than talent and one of the reasons we've been so successful is because of SAF's emphasis on mentality.

Ludens the Red

I still think the exact same as I did, the stuff you were coming out with in that thread was out of order and you came across as a bit of a knob, I don't see how his apparent departure would change that?
He's a cnut, everything he does, says, writes, every picture he takes, everything his mates say just reaffirm the fact he is a cnut of an epic degree.
18 year old who's never kicked a ball in a competitive game thinks he can hold Manchester United to ransom. joker.