RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
If they void the season and Liverpool aren’t champions, then I may start attending church or a mosque or something like that again. How could one deny a God after that?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Them not getting the league Would literally be the only silver lining of coronavirus. Saying that they’ve still been the best team in the country for the last year and a half.. That’s what we’ve got to catch next year either way. Loving all this Liverpool losing out again recently. It’s a lot more fun on here where Liverpool fail hahaha

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Due to our draw and favourable opponents we are probably favourites to win the Europa League and FA Cup. So I get that is feels unfair and Tbf I can see why there are calls to give us those trophies. But overall there are too many lives at risk so I completely understand the response. As a result I will not be complaining and I’d expect Liverpool fans to do the same.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Due to our draw and favourable opponents we are probably favourites to win the Europa League and FA Cup. So I get that is feels unfair and Tbf I can see why there are calls to give us those trophies. But overall there are too many lives at risk so I completely understand the response. As a result I will not be complaining and I’d expect Liverpool fans to do the same.
Exactly. If we can sacrifice our Europa League and FA Cup runs, so can Liverpool with their Premier League run. Void the league.

Red For Ever

I really don't think Liverpool fans will see it that way, looking forward to hearing from them :D

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Rather than null and void this season, they should play until its completed, and if that means running into next season then so be it. They can then null and void the 20-21 season if necessary.
Don't like the development here. When Finland (and soon Sweden) decided to end their hockey season, the decision was not to crown any champions. I hope the PL have more sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had this been City and not a team that has many fawning over them in the media then this wouldnt be such a big deal
Let's not forget that the press have totally fawned over City and Pep for a couple of seasons!
Best team ever, brightened the league up, best manager ever. Seduced by the hospitality at press conferences etc.

Any other team, maybe not, but don't for one second think City aren't media darlings.

Redcy

Honestly i would be gutted if it was us, but its clear that you cannot award liverpool the league if it isnt played, it has such huge implications on relegation/promotion and cl places. Ideally it all gets played out so this all becomes null and void. Admittedly it would be hilarious to see the meltdown after the season they have had

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Had this been City and not a team that has many fawning over them in the media then this wouldnt be such a big deal
Had this been us no one would bat an eyelid, I think it's disgusting that within, what a day ? Carragher coming out with all that bollocks that they should be given the title, yeah Jamie forget all the people dying worldwide just think about your precious Liverpool, you cnut.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Had this been us no one would bat an eyelid, I think it's disgusting that within, what a day ? Carragher coming out with all that bollocks that they should be given the title, yeah Jamie forget all the people dying worldwide just think about your precious Liverpool, you cnut.
It's a good point. I get that Liverpool winning the Premier League for the first time is a big deal for many people, but it's not THAT big of a deal all things considered. A crisis is hitting everyone, it is unfortunate for the winners but it's the same for everyone. If they have to try again next year or the year after, then so be it, that will be their year.

jymufc20

It's a good point. I get that Liverpool winning the Premier League for the first time is a big deal for many people, but it's not THAT big of a deal all things considered. A crisis is hitting everyone, it is unfortunate for the winners but it's the same for everyone. If they have to try again next year or the year after, then so be it, that will be their year.
Exactly, it will hit us as well as I genuinely think we would of made top 4 and won the Europa League but shit happens so we will just have to deal with it, there are clearly more important things going on.

Ace of Spades

Exactly, it will hit us as well as I genuinely think we would of made top 4 and won the Europa League but shit happens so we will just have to deal with it, there are clearly more important things going on.
There are clubs that may not survive, compared to that what is a stupid title. Liverpool certainly think the world revolves around them, if the season is not finished, then it will have to be void. Unfortunate for them, but this situation is bad for everyone, they are not an exception.

jymufc20

There are clubs that may not survive, compared to that what is a stupid title. Liverpool certainly think the world revolves around them, if the season is not finished, then it will have to be void. Unfortunate for them, but this situation is bad for everyone, they are not an exception.
Simple as this really, unfortunate like you say but I won't lose any sleep over it, they would be laughing their asses off if it was the other way round so I think we should laugh our asses off at them if/when the decision is made. And focus the rest of our energy on protecting our families, friends and anyone we can for that matter.

Bwuk

Complete clowns.

In the time that the league is suspended, what if their squad gets infected with the virus, would they still want to finish playing this season?

moodyred

Correct your spelling of 'anniversary' before you show it to any Scousers!

Not that many of them would notice, mind...
I think it is even better with the typo! It is intentional......like the entire anniversary celebration is a big giant mistake!

Paranoid Android

Just read a post on there from someone saying that fans taking the piss out of them next season if they don't get given the trophy would be comparable to fans singing about Munich.

They really are a different breed.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Would have been bigger news with us as its been 7 years and would have been first title post Fergie however with Chelsea/City/Leicester it wouldnt been such a huge deal

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just read a post on there from someone saying that fans taking the piss out of them next season if they don't get given the trophy would be comparable to fans singing about Munich.

He’s right though. A disaster that claimed so many lives is comparable to not winning a trophy. It’s unsupportable really

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Complete clowns.

In the time that the league is suspended, what if their squad gets infected with the virus, would they still want to finish playing this season?
  • Whole squad gets infected
  • Forced to play under 14s
  • Get destroyed every game with players in tears
  • Man City win the title
  • Under 14s get corona virus and told Santa's not real

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Don't like the development here. When Finland (and soon Sweden) decided to end their hockey season, the decision was not to crown any champions. I hope the PL have more sense.
Swedish hockey shut down everything today, no champions, no relegations, everything will start over next season as it were at the beginning of this one. The best women's team completely dominated their league and were just like today's Liverpool (and Team Slippy) two wins away from lifting the trophy. They get nothing.

Pagh Wraith

Swedish hockey shut down everything today, no champions, no relegations, everything will start over next season as it were at the beginning of this one. The best women's team completely dominated their league and were just like today's Liverpool (and Team Slippy) two wins away from lifting the trophy. They get nothing.
Rightly so. Unlucky it may certainly be, unfair it is not. I fully support this as the course of action every league should take.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Pretty sure Liverpool fans would be asking for a null and void season if we are leading the table. That said, I don't give a feck about being crowned champions. If that's the decision, then it's ok.

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund

He’s right though. A disaster that claimed so many lives is comparable to not winning a trophy. It’s unsupportable really
He is right. They are being stopped by an epidemic thats claiming thousands of lives. It's not the kind of thing we should be singing about, that would be utter classless.
I'm even finding it hard to take any amusement from this, corona aside. They've been the best team in the league by far, and deserve to win it. In my opinion, the null and void solution would be the cleanest way to deal with it, but the feeling of them being the champions would still be there.
Don't get me wrong, I love it when they screw up. But this time they didn't, and the pettiness is just as much on us for laughing than them for crying about it. Let's just laugh at Adrianfield instead?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He is right. They are being stopped by an epidemic thats claiming thousands of lives. It's not the kind of thing we should be singing about, that would be utter classless.
I'm even finding it hard to take any amusement from this, corona aside. They've been the best team in the league by far, and deserve to win it. In my opinion, the null and void solution would be the cleanest way to deal with it, but the feeling of them being the champions would still be there.
Don't get me wrong, I love it when they screw up. But this time they didn't, and the pettiness is just as much on us for laughing than them for crying about it. Let's just laugh at Adrianfield instead?
No one is laughing at the coronavirus, we're laughing at Liverpool potentially missing out on the league title because it's funny. If you can't make the distinction between the two that's your fault.

GiddyUp

No. feck liverpool. I've had to hear from their supporters for 30 years how every season they are the best and it's only the machiavellian whiskey nose and corrupt FA who stops them being the football gods that they think they are.

feck them, and if the season is voided I will rub it in their smug faces until I die. The world is fecked up right now and liverpool sucking their own dicks while the football media watch is at the very bottom of our priorities. It's also not a mathematical certainty that they win the league right now so they are in their fecking holes champions. I had to interrupt their circle jerk multiple times last season to say that you are not champions until you are champions.

Pav1878

No. feck liverpool. I've had to hear from their supporters for 30 years how every season they are the best and it's only the machiavellian whiskey nose and corrupt FA who stops them being the football gods that they think they are.

feck them, and if the season is voided I will rub it in their smug faces until I die. The world is fecked up right now and liverpool sucking their own dicks while the football media watch is at the very bottom of our priorities. It's also not a mathematical certainty that they win the league right now so they are in their fecking holes champions. I had to interrupt their circle jerk multiple times last season to say that you are not champions until you are champions.
I love this guy

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
No one is laughing at the coronavirus, we're laughing at Liverpool potentially missing out on the league title because it's funny. If you can't make the distinction between the two that's your fault.
Sure, and if you can't make the connection it's yours. If they laughed at us for not winning the EC or the league after Munich, would you still make destinctions?