RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Liverpool are in a tough spot. If the season continues as normal, they win the title but this causes a mass outbreak of illness then their title win is tainted. If the season is voided and they're declared champions then it will be 19*, many won't regard it as a real title. If the season is voided and no winner declared then that would be terrible for them.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I wondered about that and then narrowly decided that just about, it's not what the joke is about. Which is Liverpool's outrageous unluckiness and the terrible attitude they're gonna have towards it.

It's troublesome though and might lose some hilarity before too much longer.
I found it amusing until I read rawk and seen genuine concern from them about this disease and some of them couldn't care less about football now which brought it home for me quite frankly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah some things are way bigger than football. Life for example. I'd quite happily watch Liverpool win the league if it means somebody goes home to their family.
For sure.

Have to say I'm not finding this particularly funny. A lot of lives will be cut short, Liverpool fans and United fans will die. There won't be a next season for some. Damn with the rivalry.
Gotta find some light in this dark situation. My light is Liverpool potentially not winning the PL. Its potentially hilarious.

DVG7

Football and people are such that if Liverpool are allowed to play games that let them win the league legitimately, you’ll have people Lambasting then for it, given the inevitable gatherings and spread of the virus. They might catch coronavirus too.

Doesn’t mean you have to pay attention to any of it right enough.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Reminder that their team carried on like nothing happened and claimed a European title after 39 fans of the opposition fans had just lost their lives as a result of their own supporters actions.

montpelier

I found it amusing until I read rawk and seen genuine concern from them about this disease and some of them couldn't care less about football now which brought it home for me quite frankly.
I don't think we're laughing at them, really. And I'm not trying to diminish your point either, honestly. I think you did right to make it.

montpelier

Reminder that their team carried on like nothing happened and claimed a European title after 39 fans of the opposition fans had just lost their lives as a result of their own supporters actions.
That's nearly right.

Cloud7

How are the top minds over at RAWK taking the possibility of the league being cancelled? Any breakdowns or are they being rational about it?

Djemba-Djemba

Pretty sure they lost that game.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
except Juventus won

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Juve won and I think Platini was even celebrating.

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
People are dying here and we are still not at the peak. And people hoping it gets worse so a football season is cancelled and void. Odd.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
People are dying here and we are still not at the peak. And people hoping it gets worse so a football season is cancelled and void. Odd.
Nobody is hoping it gets worse you flannel. It’s bad enough to be cancelled right now.

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
Nobody is hoping it gets worse you flannel. It’s bad enough to be cancelled right now.
Flannel?..mature. I think you find if you read comments about people throwing their family in a pool of covid-19 to prevent a title to your nearest rivals is a bit low. I agree the season should be on a hiatus I just think some of these comments are unnecessary.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Flannel?..mature. I think you find if you read comments about people throwing their family in a pool of covid-19 to prevent a title to your nearest rivals is a bit low. I agree the season should be on a hiatus I just think some of these comments are unnecessary.
That’s elvis. Stop being so precious he doesn’t even have a pool.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I didn’t say my family I said my gran. Don’t worry she’s a cnut.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
Nah, was clearly a joke. I did chuckle when I read it. Also, "nearest rivals"? :D

I didn’t say my family I said my gran. Don’t worry she’s a cnut.
If she's a cnut, that significantly decreases the value of your brave sacrifice!

clarkydaz

I'm sure they meant the shallow end, people have some compassion

Pav1878

I wonder what you would feel if the tables were turned? Easy to be ethical when you're about to win the title.

Would you give up playing the season and the title if it meant saving lots of lives. There's two ways to look at it.

Pav1878

Yeah some things are way bigger than football. Life for example. I'd quite happily watch Liverpool win the league if it means somebody goes home to their family.
I think it's possible to want the league cut short and voided to prevent the spread of the disease and therefore more deaths surely?

Denis' cuff

Liverpool are in a tough spot. If the season continues as normal, they win the title but this causes a mass outbreak of illness then their title win is tainted. If the season is voided and they're declared champions then it will be 19*, many won't regard it as a real title. If the season is voided and no winner declared then that would be terrible for them.
shame.

after the disrepute and shame they have brought on the game, without going into specifics, (where would you even start?) excuse me if I won’t lose any sleep. They’ll have media fawning over them even more than we’ve become brainwashed to, for decades to come. On the other hand, might be better to have a mere decade (singular) and get it over with. Cameras focussing behind the fecking goal, like an orchestral conductor, beckoning them to perform every week - and don’t they love it. Even Chelsea fans would respond to an invitation like that.

stop the season and void it now, ffs. Give the nation something to laugh about

Red00012

Can you imagine how happy people would be if the league is voided ? The world would be a better place. Well except for those cnuts

Tarrou

who would've thought this may end up being the biggest meltdown season of them all

shaky

Fancy going from invincible, treble chasing, record point totalling, best team in history ever in February to being out of the FA cup, out of Europe, Vinced, and having to beg to be specially awarded your only title in 30 years on the basis of probability, within a few weeks.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I agree with this.
Football is just a game and we have our rivalry but nothing is bigger than human life and family health.