RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
They won't, they'll find a way to feck it up. My only worry is that there aren't any really good sides left in it.
That's why I'm so disappointed we're out. It was there for the taking.
Enjoy the win Simone and Atletico. You will lose in the finals against your neighbours again. You are the 'Everton' of Madrid.
Looking for silver linings: we save up our money for the next big European campaign, when hopefully there isn't a pandemic going on. We will be gutted for a while but everything will be alright in the end.
They can call it off for Corona Virus now, we stay as champions to next season where it starts again.
since 2018 we've won 1 European Cup, and are about to win the league, [along with UEFA Super Cup,WCW], how anyone can feel low with just the league considering we've done this in this period of time is beyond me.
3 European finals in a row. Nothing to mock or scoff at.
Put in this kind of performance against the bitters and we leave Woodison having given those feckers a tonking.

No Idea For Nickname

We've become so spoilt with winning games it's a pitchforks and torches scenario whenever we don't. It'll be a nightmare next season if we don't blow everyone away again.
Remember that time we beat Barca? Was it 2001 or something? And Cruyff was calling it the death of football or some shite?
It was the 2007 SF against Chelsea wasn't it, where Valdano cited Benitez v Mourinho at Anfield as "shit on a stick" and the death of flair and creativity.

Quite appropriate really, watching Simeone's Atletico Madrid over 2 legs.
Win as a team, lose as a team
well said, the motto is YAWN after all!
Just cancel the tournament this year now. I'm happy with that
you think he might agree on canceling PL as well?

No Idea For Nickname

Oblak wasnt really tested though was he? We didnt make him work enough. At 2-0 we had the tie in our hands and tbrew it away
We had 33 shots, 11 were on target and we scored twice. Poor finishing had a huge part to play.
It did more so than fantastic goalkeeping tbat some are mentioning on here
Not really though. Adrian had more to do than oblak. I get your point we created chances but ee didnt put the keeper under enough pressure
This is fake news
After becoming European Champions last season all I wanted this season was to win (a minimum) two trophies - firstly and most importantly the League Title but also the FIFA Club World Cup.

We have won them both - English and World Champions. YAWN.
he wanted to win league and CWC? Repeat, CWC? Not CL again?
ok..

No Idea For Nickname

Here's what I'll remember about tonight:

1. Trent's yellow card - good for him
2. Mane's two bicycle kicks - if only
3. Firmino playing one touch with the goal post
4. Salah just recking Lodl every chance he got - he was special on the day
5. Gini coming through in the clutch again
6. Henderson playing 120 Minutes with intensity after coming back from hamstring
7. Milner putting a foot in or four
8. Trent hitting a pill that Robbo almost slotted in
9. Robbo's header shaking the dew off the crossbar
10. Virgil getting molested on every corner or goal kick
11. Gomez saving our bacon a few times
12. Ox holding court out wide on the right - getting us going every time

I fecking love you Liverpool FC --- feck it. Let's win old big ears next year --
Here's what I'll remember about tonight:

No Idea For Nickname

Anyway, off to watch the last episode of the Outsider. Chin up boys and girls. We're still boss and still winning the league. Night all.
that's all folks, been 25 mins since they posted, probably all went to watch Outsiders, which they are right now, Outside of CL.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
They can call it off for Corona Virus now, we stay as champions to next season where it starts again.
Jesus...you wouldn't think these are grown adults would you?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Liverpool Way said:
I've made peace with the prospect of the league getting cancelled. It's not a definite outcome but I wouldn't discount it. I'd guess it's definitely one of the options being considered. And, I'm not arsed in the grand scheme of things. Disappointed, if it does happen, but it could all pale into insignificance if/when we start getting mass deaths.
Surely not serious? I don't think I could ever get over the league getting cancelled. We've waited 30 years for this, how can you say you wouldn't be arsed? We're not getting hit by a meteor causing an extinction level event. It'll be a few thousand deaths at most. Around 500,000 die in the UK each year. Let's have some perspective.

No Idea For Nickname

28th of February, EL draw:
A bye for Utd while the other tough teams all draw each other, there's a shock! This will end up exactly like the other year where they play no one en route to winning it. Might as well draw them getting the winner of Copenhagen/Istanbul now.
We’ll smash them to pieces in the Super Cup.
I wanted United to get Getafe to be honest. Saw a few United fans after our Atletico game defending shithouse diving, fouling and trying to get players sent off, simply because it was us. I'd have loved to see them have to deal with Getafe after their antics against Ajax.
LASK,The team currently at the top of the Austrian Bundesliga, ahead of Red Bull Salzburg. From the town of Linz, but they are a team merged from two different teams. They haven't won a big trophy in a long long time!
They are ahead of RB Salzburg in the Austrian League and will likely win it. Whilst Salzburg have imploded since losing Haaland and Minamino, LASK were always within a game of them. So they cannot be that bad?
Man United will go through but LASK aren't complete bums. They knocked off PSV, Sporting and AZ Alkmaar this season with something to spare.
LASK are a decent side who are having a great season so I could see them giving United a close run tie but United will eventually go through
today:
fecking hell, can't they pipe crowd noise and feck that pair of soft c*nts Darke and Savage off? Darke chatting utter shite about everything.
Who's this Lask Linz? Good god they are shite. Thrashed 5-0 off Man Utd
Blimey, it really is end of days.
James and Pereira scored in the same game. Very odd. Eintracht Frankfurt lost 3-0 at home to Basel. Are United going to have to play anyone half decent to win this?
Wolves will beat them
Bit mad when they seem the best hope. But I wouldn’t mind seeing them win it (especially if it’s them or United obviously).

No Idea For Nickname

after last nights lock:
Unlocked.
Criticising a player for mistakes is fine. Over the top abuse isn't.
When we got back into the champions league in 2017 I repeatedly said i wanted to avoid Atletico as I’d seen them over 2 legs so many times and have a lot of respect for simeone. They even beat us in friendly one summer. Tonight they kept their structure but we did really well to fashion some good chances. On a side note the amount of nationalities that attend european cup games means they should all be behind closed doors or postponed atm
NBA just suspended its season.
Honestly don't see the PL or CL finishing so it'll all be for nought anyway.
You're a troll aren't you and not a very good one at that lolo. Ah well we'll make do with the PREMIER LEAGUE this season.
#backonourfeckingperch
Nope, just looking at how things are trending. The Europa League is already fecked and the CL will follow suit surely. How are they gonna handle the Juve game next week when one of their players, Rugani, has the virus?
Things are going to be announced behind closed doors at least before the weekend.
Suspension is not cancellation. Just hope we get one more week thou.. There will have to be agreement across the board between all the clubs as to how to proceed should more games have to be postponed. But BCD is possible way out. Trump has just banned all European travel to USA.. Apart from UK
I’m not convinced the PL will finish.
You may be correct. NBA just cancelled their season for the time being.

And one might look at Euro 2020 as in jeopardy too.

No Idea For Nickname

and that letter :lol:
Anti-Liverpool mob out in full force tonight on other social media platforms. All the feckers that couldn’t wait for Liverpool to hit a bad patch are celebrating in the streets now and milking this as much as they can. It’s because their own teams are so fecking shite all they care about is Liverpool to lose and get knocked out of competitions.

And that fecking letter...... they can’t stop talking about it can they.

So I really really hope we can somehow win the next 2 games before everything goes into lockdown and at least get what we deserve. We definitely didn’t deserve that tonight.
Took us 4 seasons of European knock out football to be knocked out over two legs under Klopp. We'll be back. It's devastating, as we deserved more, but such is football, such is life.
YAWN! Just need to calm down and move on to our first league title in 30 years!
I am not sure if I am more aggrieved at Anfield losing its invincible aura for visiting teams or us crashing out of the CL!
I feel for Adrien, the wind fecked him there I reckon.
Last night was irrelevant it's all about the next two games
Hopefully Adrian's meltdown/extra time won't cost us.
irrelevant you say? ok.
Last night was relevant.
ah, which is it then?
So after three years on the bounce getting to a European final, it finally had to happen. We got knocked out before the end. No disgrace in that record, especially given the how hard it is. Just ask the other English teams.
The morning after.

The sun is shining and Cheltenham is ON>

I'm a proud red and refuse to moan!
I hate waking up after a horrible loss.
We can wrap the title up in a couple of games and that softens the blow, and then go for the highest ever points total.
Onwards and upwards.
There is definitely a difference in class between Adrian and Ali
One cost £60m and the other was free.
I woke up several times during the night feeling sick and depressed but surely I'm the man who wants two good looking women and can only have one. The one that I truly wanted back in summer is about to get in bed with me.
Life isn't too bad, in fact it's fecking great.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I woke up several times during the night feeling sick and depressed but surely I'm the man who wants two good looking women and can only have one. The one that I truly wanted back in summer is about to get in bed with me.
Life isn't too bad, in fact it's fecking great.
That's his sister I presume?

No Idea For Nickname

It’s just unlucky.
United don’t win the treble if Van Der Gouw plays as often as Adrian has for us. Arsenal wouldn’t have been invincible if Lehmann hasn’t been ever present.
Meh, I'm not totally convinced there will even be a final, And if there is who wants to win it behind close doors?
Win the league, Buy Sancho plus 1 in the summer and we go again next season
You can’t win the CL every year
, this season was always about going one step further in the league.
Zidane's Real Madrid won 3 on the bounce very recently. It's not impossible and given the relentless aura of invincibility we've built up over the past 12 months, number 7 was a realistic possibility. We were joint favourites for a reason.
You know we are going to win the league right?
You think we will? PL will be suspended before April..... Who knows when/if it will be completed....
From the BBC live feed this morning: As a Liverpool fan I'd swap any of our front 3 for Kane or Aguero. We need a dead-eye striker, that's why we're out not Adrian.

Ant, Bham.
Ant, if you're reading this, give your head a wobble you fecking weapon.
at 11 hrs BST this morning:
What happened?

It was 1-1 (agg 1-2) when I switched off and ignored media for the night.
sure you did sweety, sure you did...
If we are to win the title, we need a midfield that is less slow and ponderous.
We are far too reliant on the full backs to create chances.
Stop talking shite.
Good morning.
Liverpool played a great match yesterday and it looked like you were going to win but I think that my Atleti has deserved to win as we not only did a great defensive job but attacking too.
Complete bullshit. Your side were shite in both legs and offered feck all in an attacking sense for 190 of the 210 minutes. You were gifted the tie & didn't deserve shit.
Felt like 2010 barca inter. Current champions deemed the best lose out to plucky defensive side. We’ll win it next year.
We need to freshen up. Get Werner and some other exotic names.
Now is the time to plan ahead. We can do so from a lofty position unlike most of our rivals. We're in the CL next year and they dont know if they will be or are still trying to make that happen. Meanwhile we're going to plan and go again no doubt.
We don’t. We are about to set a record for the best ever team in league history. Smashed those shithouses last night and got done by a mistake that had nothing to do with the team. Werner wouldn’t get in ahead of any of our front three so unless he wants to warm the bench there’s no point.
This match was basically a FIFA Career mode game where the computer decides you are losing it no matter what you do or how well you play.
As Klopp said, we've had a great ride for 2 years in this competition and for the first time under his tenure we didn't make it to a final in europe. It has to end at some point. Even Madrid who won it 3 times on the bounce, got battered and embarrassed at their own ground by Ajax last year, despite them winning 2-1 in the first leg!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Enjoy the win Simone and Atletico. You will lose in the finals against your neighbours again. You are the 'Everton' of Madrid.
The funny thing is, they were the other Everton of Liverpool for most of our lives. The ego because of a couple of good seasons is the reason I love seeing them feck up so much.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
[on covid-19]
You have to laugh really. Genuinely believe we are cursed. I don't think I can actually stomach this, this is like the Gerrard slip x100.

mu4c_20le

Honestly, it's just not happening for us is it? You have to laugh really.
Surprised it wasn’t pep. He’d do anything that fecker
We will never live this down if league gets cancelled.
Some clubs have already suggested the season be voided. It's out there now.
Yeah just seen that. Think I might be about to give up football.
Had a knobhead on a work chat thing today who supports a nothing Championship club laughing how Liverpool still haven’t won the league. Clown.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A scouser desperate for the season to continue:

Arteta (and in fact the whole Arsenal squad) have not been interacting with any other team (apart from West Ham) in the last week, so why would all those other teams playing now be more risky because Arteta has tested positive? If the plan was for everyone else to play this weekend regardless of the existing risk, why does this affect anyone other than Arsenal and West Ham?

Red00012

I will be clicking refresh on here when they decide to suspend the league tomorrow

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Have to say I'm not finding this particularly funny. A lot of lives will be cut short, Liverpool fans and United fans will die. There won't be a next season for some. Damn with the rivalry.

DVG7

Have to say I'm not finding this particularly funny. A lot of lives will be cut short, Liverpool fans and United fans will die. There won't be a next season for some. Damn with the rivalry.
heaven is a wonderful place mate. There, Gerrard didn’t slip and Brendan Rodgers just won his 200th game in a row. Here, on earth, it’ll spin much better with Liverpool not getting their hands on that trophy.

obviously share the sentiment. Football is inconsequential at the moment.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think it’s hilarious. I’d throw my gran into a swimming pool of covid-19 if it meant the season got cancelled.

mu4c_20le

Think again pal
The two biggest clubs in the league will not want the season voided. We're on top and Man Utd are 5th outside the current CL placing and are unbeaten in 10. Remember that lads.

montpelier

I wondered about that and then narrowly decided that just about, it's not what the joke is about. Which is Liverpool's outrageous unluckiness and the terrible attitude they're gonna have towards it.

It's troublesome though and might lose some hilarity before too much longer.

klayton88

Yeah some things are way bigger than football. Life for example. I'd quite happily watch Liverpool win the league if it means somebody goes home to their family.