RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Thought we played absolutely fantastic, Adrian makes one mistake and then the c*nts win.
All this fawning over Atletico on BT. Like they planned to go 2-0 down and planned for a goalkeeping howler. They were battered.
That's hard to take, lost to gang of absolute twats in a game we should have been out of sight in.
Morata came on and literally the first thing he did was dive and then fake an injury.
Ironically, probably one of our best European performances.
Make sure City don't win it now.
Ah well, just pick ourselves up for Everton
If the competition doesn't get cancelled, I hope they get fecking battered in the next round.
feckety, feck, feck feck.
From going for a treble to 1 in two weeks.
Been waiting for the PL for 30 years so that's the one that counts the most.
Bummed to be going out to Simeone. Can only hope that someone like Leipzig or Lyon go on and win this.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
YAWN... unless you make an error, then you can feck off.

brian017

I never really got the “famous night at Anfield“ thing until now. All I can say is; wow. They were right, they really are special

No Idea For Nickname

They didn’t deserve it as such, they’re not as good as us but they are still a brilliant side and the way they stood on our neck once luck went their way, you’ve got to admire it even if it hurts
Wow! Not sure how we lost that?! Silly mistake from the keeper especially as he wasnt under any pressure. Oblak was the MOTM in a game we absolutely dominated.
Premier League crown will be a huge party!!!
Best 90 minutes we've seen in an age. Bit of a sickener to go out like that but thems the breaks.
A bit annoyed but not too much, the prize that has been eluding us for 30 years is coming home soon.
It feels rather hollow because I'd be shocked if the competition gets completed anyway, but feck me that was hard to watch. On another day we score 7 and that isn't an exaggeration. Alisson is a fecking huge miss and Adrian really will need picking up before Monday because there is no excusing those mistakes.
You might be right. A Juve player has tested positive for CoVid19 which given their location may not be a huge surprise but how will Uefa react?

No Idea For Nickname

Lucky glorified Stoke c*nts.
nowing are luck the league will be won with no fans in the ground now. Best we've played in months, disaster of a goalkeeping performance cost us.
Atletico will get their arses handed to them in the next round
Cult hero to a zero in two weeks. Put us out of two cups himself. fecking incredible.
Absolutely battered them but that was some old school Liverpool defending, every time they broke they scored. Can't stand the media narrative about a 'defensive masterclass' though - they should've been 3 or 4 behind easily, and just got lucky on the break.
I d take even karius instead of Adria n

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Booooo take it down in a couple of weeks

No Idea For Nickname

Absolute DICKHEADS on here slating the reds, great performance shame about the howlers, learn to accept a loss every now and again.
If you think this post is aimed at you, it probably is.
DICKHEADS
Silver lining. Klopp might seriously look at adding more depth and a top class finished (Werner). I'm sure he is anyway, but it's clear we need it. Origi is not good enough. We're going to win the league. That's all that matters. Chin up..
That's hard to take, lost to gang of absolute twats in a game we should have been out of sight in.
Morata came on and literally the first thing he did was dive and then fake an injury.
Utter wank stain of a human..
Thats just not true?
They didn't have a single chance in this game and we could've scored 5/6.
They won because Adrian can't save anything thats not straight at him
They scored 3 goals...hard to do that without a "single chance"
This competition is getting stopped anyway now that the Juve player has tested positive. So yeah, feck off Simone.

No Idea For Nickname

Arguably the best side we will see for decades so its always going to sting when we don't win the European Cup... Thats the standards this team have set. I truly believe that we'd have won number 7 if Adrian didn't feck up, because this team is THAT good.
So yeah, I think we all have a right to be gutted.
fecking hell.
Already got about 20 whatsapp from dickhead Man Utd fans, it will be a long summer for them, he who laughs last and all that.
Shame. Corona will win it now.

No Idea For Nickname

It's no surprise we've been linked to that Turkish keeper Cakir for the last few months.
They're a horrible horrible team to watch. I wouldnt mind but they have quality players to play good attacking football, just so negative the way the play. I would hate to watch us set up like them every week, the play acting too is cringe. We should give some of the players a rest now and rotate for the final few games.
Really need Alisson to stop getting injured next year.
Adrian was really good for us when Ali was injured at the start of the season. Lads don't be giving him grief he had a bad night is all
A week after costing us an FA cup tie.....
Don't worry, Karius will be back soon.

No Idea For Nickname

Can only hope this fecking virus doesn't interrupt what we deserve.
I really really hope we never see Simeone in the Premier League. Prick.
Mad how we've gone from a potential clean sweep, unbeaten season, greatest team in English history to ending the season sweating on being able to play enough games to win one major trophy. This team has been good enough to win more. Somehow the season we've all been waiting for is looking like coming to an underwhelming end and I can't believe I'm saying that.

No Idea For Nickname

Wish Migs had stayed, oh well.
I'm not really bothered by this. The league is what's important to me. If this means less distractions, less injuries and less miles on the players, so much the better.
You keep telling yourself that. The league's been done since December.
There's a tiny tiny silver lining (very tiny, a sliver, a speck......)
Our lads could do with a bit less football in their legs leading into next season - they've been going none stop for 3 years with very little rest in the off season.
Besides, I made my pact with the devil at the end of last season - the League and a couple of cups (which we got) and that would do me.
dear God listen to this one
Just listen to what Klopp says now in a minute. Theres no one in the football world who can make me feel better after a defeat.

No Idea For Nickname

That's a crushing loss!

Really thought we would do the double this year.
We can't get knocked out by City now, that's what they would love most this year
Yup, it’s been a good season.
The End.
It's football. You win some, you lose some. We are winning the league. We are in good hands, best team we've had in my lifetime and only getting better.
What worries me more was after they scored we looked like we were really running on empty. Yes, the sucker punch that was their first goal probably took some of the wind out of their sails but there seemed like there was no urgency in getting back in the game. Wasn’t a lack of desire I don’t think, we just looked physically shot.
When we’re crowned Champions it won’t feel underwhelming. Just have to hope that chance isn’t taken away from us but that’s not one for this thread.
feck Oblak
feck any player in a Liverpool shirt not named Wijnaldum directing their efforts straight at Oblak.
feck Robertson for aiming his header at the cross bar.
feck me for being a miserable c*nt.
(tbf I've got previous, not fecking that is, just being a miserable c*nt.)
And most of all, feck Stallone for that meme.
what

No Idea For Nickname

Did VAR look at that clear foul on wijnaldum before their goal? A clear foul, with the ref standing only 5 yards away, waving play on.
Shocking decision
My concern now is the derby without Alisson, after that. We can’t have this dragging on past Palace.
That game had a weird aura around it, what with the coronavirus stuff. The end made it even weirder. Feel like there are some challenging weeks coming up.
Simeone doesnt even seem that good a manager, his tactics were to hope and pray.
Ah tha explains the fecking tv evangelise impersonations all night...bet he waas thanking his god(one of the dark ones no doubt) after that "performance". Lucky, very lucky.
YES CLEARLY I COULDNT WAIT JILL, because I love when we get beaten and get knocked out of the most important club competition in the game. yes Jill, no player could ever do wrong.
Most important club competition is the league pal

Tarrou

just woke up and scrolled through the matchday thread without knowing the result, lovely stuff

Adriaaaaaaaaaan!

acnumber9

Funny how the league is the most important trophy again after all their five times shite when United were winning leagues.

klayton88

Did anyone else notice how McManaman didn't shut up all game and the second it went tits up he piped right down.

No Idea For Nickname

The second we got Atletico in the draw I had a feeling we'd go out.
You can't win it every year. Since Jurgen came we've reached a final in Europe every time?! How insane is that?
Hope the competition survives Corona and anyone other than City wins it. Juve would be fitting.
What did Kloppo say?
"Simeone is a c*nt. Adrian was fecking shit. Cant wait to get Ali back asap. Up the fecking reds"
I'm thoroughly pissed off after that. Pissed off because we lost due to a silly, needless error. Pissed off because we played very well and should have gone through in the 90. And pissed off because we lost to a grossly inferior side. This lot are not getting through the last 8 unless they draw Atalanta.
Their goalkeeper was outstanding ours wasnt, that was the difference
Yup, switch keepers and it ends 6-0 tonight.

No Idea For Nickname

Been in a business meeting all evening so didn’t see the game. Managed to see the score updates without knowing what happened in the game.
My natural feeling is pissed off, I can’t begin to understand how the rest of you feel. 2-1 up in the tie in extra time and this happens? Football does my head in.
Gutted. Really thought we had the chance to dominate an era.
If someone had offered us the league and nothing else at the beginning of the season I'm sure we'd have all ripped their arm off.
It's been a great season, enjoy the rest of it. If all goes to plan my party will start full time against Palace and end some time in August when the next season starts.
Not having that we lost that because of poor finishing. We were 2-0 up, 2-1 on aggregate, in extra time and lost 3-2 ffs.
Luckily Everton have a keeper that makes Adrian look like Alisson
It was always going to be a dodgy tie. All of youse who rubbed their hands when we drew Atletico know nothing about footie.
We're out and it hurts but it'll save me a few grand so that's my positive slant on it all .
League Champions lads .... League Champions .
We should get the score right in the thread title really.
thread title

No Idea For Nickname

feck them, I'll be rooting for Bayern Munich
feck that, they are on Five European cups. Don't want them catching up.
Adrian it's all on you, 10 players who gave it everything they had all let down by one clown, Champions League is a luck based competition it's all on the day.
Bayern or the oil cheats (English ones) will slaughter them; that's what is so disappointing.
Enjoy supporting the best team in the world and enjoy the good times that are to come in the future.
Running on fumes.
In fairness that is partly Klopp's fault, he really doesn't rotate enough. Problem is though, when City are chasing like they usually do there is no chance to take a break. Even when Liverpool have a massive lead like they currently do. I also think that the lack of transfers over the last few seasons are also beginning to tell a bit. There is a huge drop off in quality to the second string, the number of games played by the core 14 would point to that. The likes of Shaquiri, Lovren, Lallana, Origi etc. have played very few games this season.I think a bit of an overhaul of the squad in the summer is long over due.
Keeper cost us a treble in the space of a week. Spills it against Chelsea and then an absolute bottlejob when we are cruising 2-0 to send us out of Europe. Alisson fit and we’d be getting ready to look at who we can draw next round.
We were never winning a 'treble'.

No Idea For Nickname

I can't either, because it's absolute bollocks. I've waited since I was 12 for this moment and you're telling me it's underwhelming?
Same here. I was almost 13 years old when we last won the title. No matter how we win it, this will be the best year of my life.
Hard to take now but it will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks time.
In the summer we will have to strengthen our backup goalie and attacking options.
If they draw City, I'd rather see Atleti go through.
Would like to see Leipzig batter them, with Timo scoring a hatrick and then signing for us.
I didn't say they deserve to go through, but when your keeper turns in Jordan Pickford and you can't bury your chances, it's not your night is it. Just one of them.
As long as PSG, Real, Atletico and Man City don't win it, I'm good.
Winning the CL was well within us though. No point pretending it wasn't.

Every other top team in Europe will be rejoicing tonight. We were the best team in it.

No Idea For Nickname

Expectations were too high. The press make it look like this is the best Liverpool team we've seen the last 30 years. Well, that's bollocks.
We won some great trophies recently and are finally going to win the title. But this team needs a lot of work to be consistently excellent.
Everyone has done fantastic the last 3 seasons, finally winning the "small" games too. We are on the right track. Lets keep it up !
We've been consistently great for about 3 years.
I cannot wait for you to enlighten us as to a better Liverpool side since 1990.
Haha what the feck?
We won the CL last season and got 97 points. Walked the league this season and are unlucky to go out of the CL. That's Klopp's first defeat in a two-leg tie in 4 years.
I hope the thing gets cancelled. Will be great to see Guardiola and Simeone crying about it.
That would be glorious
Seeing the empty stadium in Paris and all the uncertainty makes this a little bit easier to swallow to be honest
By the way, Clive Tyldesley pointed out that this is the first time we've been in Europe and not made the final since the 14/15 Europa League, when we were knocked out by Beşiktaş. 15/16, Europa League runners-up. 16/17, no European football. 17/18, Champions League runners-up. 18/19, Champions League winners.
We're all hurting tonight but let's take a moment to be grateful because that is an incredible run. The vast majority of football supporters will never see their club play even one Europa League qualifying game, let alone get to all those finals. And we will still win the league, hopefully bring in one or two players in the summer, and go hard again next season.