RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I am terrified about this virus and the likely implications particularly for elderly family members but I am enjoying the impact on both Liverpool and Leeds. There has to be some dark humour in our lives I think.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Had enough of 2020 now, like.
Is there a chance we don’t win the league ?
If they void the season then I assume the answer is Yes.
For the love of feck.

Just do the fecking decent thing and walk over the Anfield with the fecking trophy and give it to us, then call the fecking league off. As Sian says, there's no guarantee this thing will be done with at that date. It's ludicrous to even assume it. If cases get worse, which is likely will, a month isn't enough.
I suggest mentally preparing for a longer suspension unfortunately.

Divine

SirAnderson

They'll still need to be training but it's mad this, there's absolutely no guarantee that we'll be playing again after April 4th. Should lock them all inside Melwood.
Yeah that will go down well.

I'm not normally one of natures pessimists but I can see us being champions of Europe for quite a while.
Sure, after being knocked out unceremoniously.

Was told on here yesterday that I was scaremongering. I hate being right, but I am also currently kissing my biceps.
F**Kin Wuhan virus...

enough of all this wokeness $hit.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
A completely impartial suggestion by one of their fans

With regard to Liverpool being champions or not...

The PL will absolutely not want to void a whole season. If they had to do that, they'd at least want to award teams with titles already won (City's LC win for example, is already won so that's fine). So how about we have the clubs isolate the teams (and families) until this early april deadline. Then when that date rolls around if the situation in the country is not good enough to start up again, they allow us to play city behind closed doors.

If we lose, well we're again in the lap of the gods.
If we win, we confirm that we'd have been champions. They can cancel the rest of the season if they'd like, but at least they've solved this.

I don't mean this to be a 'We're more important than the rest of the league' sort of thing, rather that we are in the unique position of being able to win just that match and have it all settled. To me it would make sense to do that.
For other clubs that have to play the full season to decide everything, well that's unfortunate. There's no easy solution.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is @Pexbo the undisputed GOAT of RAWK threads? 13/14, 18/19 and 19/20.
I prayed to every imaginable God for intervention in 2014 and in return Gerrard slipped, but at great cost as City won the league.
I sold my soul to the devil in 2019 and in return Kompany drilled one home from 40 yards, but at great cost as City won the league.
In 2020, I sold everyone's soul to the devil and in return we got Covid 19 - 18 Liverpool, but at great cost as the entire world became blighted with a nasty virus.

DVG7

I prayed to every imaginable God for intervention in 2014 and in return Gerrard slipped, but at great cost as City won the league.
I sold my soul to the devil in 2019 and in return Kompany drilled one home from 40 yards, but at great cost as City won the league.
In 2020, I sold everyone's soul to the devil and in return we got Covid 19 - 18 Liverpool, but at great cost as the entire world became blighted with a nasty virus.
you’re the hero we deserve, AND hero we needed right now.

Maybe we can get the term “pexbo’d” trending?

montpelier

I know it's probably wrong in the larger scheme of things but this is jolly unfortunate timing to say the least.

You hopeless wankers.

DVG7

covid is actually an anagram of c void, as in “you c, we have to void it”

Harv

"You almost won the league, you almost won the league and Corona F****d it up"
:drool:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A completely impartial suggestion by one of their fans
I don’t mean to sound like we’re more important than anyone else but only you get to play a game behind closed doors and decide the title .... :rolleyes:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The Caf could not have written this. 2 wins from their first league title in 30 years and the season gets suspended because of a pandemic.

DVG7

The Caf could not have written this. 2 wins from their first league title in 30 years and the season gets suspended because of a pandemic.
it makes me think that life is all just a simulation, and it’s a proper Utd fan running the show at the moment.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If the season gets extended into the summer how will the transfer window fair ?

This is mental

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
There should be a one off play-off between the two teams with the most league titles to decide who wins the league this season.

As united are 2 titles ahead this means we get a 2-0 head start. Oh, and the match will only be played for 90 seconds and there's no shooting allowed inside the opposition's half. In the event of a draw, the team with the most titles wins.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Perfect when they cancel the season, the virus calms down and they start a new season where we continue our great form and Bruno fires us to the title, Liverpool are found out and finish 5th. 21-18.