RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

mav_9me

There should be a one off play-off between the two teams with the most league titles to decide who wins the league this season.

As united are 2 titles ahead this means we get a 2-0 head start. Oh, and the match will only be played for 90 seconds and there's no shooting allowed inside the opposition's half. In the event of a draw, the team with the most titles wins.
It's only fair to do it this way.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Perfect when they cancel the season, the virus calms down and they start a new season where we continue our great form and Bruno fires us to the title, Liverpool are found out and finish 5th. 21-18.
That fantasy is worth a wank.

montpelier

There should be a one off play-off between the two teams with the most league titles to decide who wins the league this season.

As united are 2 titles ahead this means we get a 2-0 head start. Oh, and the match will only be played for 90 seconds and there's no shooting allowed inside the opposition's half. In the event of a draw, the team with the most titles wins.
And you are refereeing?

I like it, reasonably impartial too.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
shame.

after the disrepute and shame they have brought on the game, without going into specifics, (where would you even start?) excuse me if I won’t lose any sleep. They’ll have media fawning over them even more than we’ve become brainwashed to, for decades to come. On the other hand, might be better to have a mere decade (singular) and get it over with. Cameras focussing behind the fecking goal, like an orchestral conductor, beckoning them to perform every week - and don’t they love it. Even Chelsea fans would respond to an invitation like that.

stop the season and void it now, ffs. Give the nation something to laugh about
The 2nd best post after that "gran into a swimming pool of covid-19" post on this thread.

Sad Chris

Yeah some things are way bigger than football. Life for example. I'd quite happily watch Liverpool win the league if it means somebody goes home to their family.
I’m quite sure Liverpool winning the league will guarantee less people going home to their family.

Foxbatt

It should be like a limited over cricket match that got curtailed by rain. It's not Liverpool that's the problem but the other CL spots. I don't care if Liverpool are given the PL championship. They deserve it this season and lives are more important than football. But what about the CL spots. It's up for grabs for a lot of teams including United.

TheReligion

Abusive
It should be like a limited over cricket match that got curtailed by rain. It's not Liverpool that's the problem but the other CL spots. I don't care if Liverpool are given the PL championship. They deserve it this season and lives are more important than football. But what about the CL spots. It's up for grabs for a lot of teams including United.
Liverpool won't be given anything. All of the stakeholders will have a say and can't imagine the other clubs will be happy to agree to that to no benefit of their own.

The only solution is to cancel the season I think.

Ed9

Once the season is void, the virus is like: my work is done, I can feck off now. And dare you try to win it again you scouse cnuts!

T_Model101

The first game at Anfield next season will be absolutely magnificent
I can see it now, clapped onto the pitch, players and fans alike wearing tshirts with 19 on them
Flags on every seat
I only hope they lose and Klopp mentions how emotions got the better of them :lol:

MikeeMike

I am not so happy the league is suspended. Would have loved to see them win it behind closed doors :/

romufc

I know people saying it is fair to give it to Liverpool because they are 1st at the moment.

Where does that leave every other team? Surely it wont be one rule apply to the Champions and another for the rest?

Not every team has played same number of games either.

DVG7

I know people saying it is fair to give it to Liverpool because they are 1st at the moment.

Where does that leave every other team? Surely it wont be one rule apply to the Champions and another for the rest?

they won’t just give it to Liverpool. If they do, they’ll have to relegate Bournemouth, who are currently on the same points as Watford and west ham with narrow goal differences separating them.

the only outcome here is resuming the season once things blow over, or voiding it completely.

MikeeMike

They will finish it at expense of Euro Comp. Games probably behind closed doors at first. Euro 2020 will slip to next year

romufc

they won’t just give it to Liverpool. If they do, they’ll have to relegate Bournemouth, who are currently on the same points as Watford and west ham with narrow goal differences separating them.

the only outcome here is resuming the season once things blow over, or voiding it completely.
The problem with resuming the season is you might resume it one week and then there may be issues again. I guess it will be monitored over the next few weeks.

Annoyingly, we might resume the season and players will not be match sharp going into Quarter finals and the business end of the season. Then the season will finish in June meaning less time off for players and the season will start late?

Would they rather want 2 seasons being disrupted rather than one?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There is absolutely no way they will have the current standings as final. It's fairer just to void the season and start it over again whenever it is possible.

Black.Ghost

I mentioned this in one of the other threads. This whole thing could run on for months. The sensible thing to do is just resume the season say next Jan, then have a slightly longer break before a rescheduled Euro 2021 followed by a slightly longer break and then into 2021-22 season, just abandoning the 2020-21 season altogether. The Euros should be interesting with everyone having had a good rest and hopefully everyone back from injuries, across all countries.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I mentioned this in one of the other threads. This whole thing could run on for months. The sensible thing to do is just resume the season say next Jan, then have a slightly longer break before a rescheduled Euro 2021 followed by a slightly longer break and then into 2021-22 season, just abandoning the 2020-21 season altogether. The Euros should be interesting with everyone having had a good rest and hopefully everyone back from injuries, across all countries.
What about transfers? Players out of contract, players looking to move club this summer. Are they allowed to play next January?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This season should be declared null and CL places should be given to those who won the EPL title the most and who aren't banned by UEFA. That means us, Arsenal, Chelsea and a tie between Leicester vs Blackburn. That's the fairest way to assign things up

romufc

They will finish it at expense of Euro Comp. Games probably behind closed doors at first. Euro 2020 will slip to next year
Its just not going to be great is it. 3 week break, players not match fit. FA cups, CL, EL it will finish July. With the Euros only 2 teams get to July, so majority of players get a rest.

Will be quite interesting and contentious.

Le Red

That's the most coherent thing to do. Scrap Euro and pre-season and finish the bloody thing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That's the most coherent thing to do. Scrap Euro and pre-season and finish the bloody thing.
You think this will all be finished by June/July?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So many lower League clubs would go bust with no games for 10 months

Black.Ghost

What about transfers? Players out of contract, players looking to move club this summer. Are they allowed to play next January?
Well, I guess two options;
  1. all contracts that would be affect to be extended to cover the period (which makes the most sense). All players would have been expected to fulfil contracts until the end of 2019-20 season (based on the dates), and this would be what's happening. If it's still technically the 2019-20 season, the transfer window isn't open anyway so if players didn't want to extend their contract, they simply won't do anything or get paid for a few months as no-one else would be able to sign them.
  2. give players / clubs the choice. They can either extend the contract as above or go their separate ways.
Given the other repercussions, I think a few contracts expiring are hardly the end of the world although I know. Cancelling the season has a big impact on European fixtures, relegations & promotions (or not) etc. My boss is a Leeds fan; I couldn't bear to hear about the conintued injustice should Leeds not get promoted because of Corona.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Le Red

Its just not going to be great is it. 3 week break, players not match fit. FA cups, CL, EL it will finish July. With the Euros only 2 teams get to July, so majority of players get a rest.
Will be quite interesting and contentious.
Potato potato regarding the rest. They will have their rest now opposed to July. Not ideal but that's the only way the competition is properly finished and no one can whine about the outcome.
I think people in this forum are pushing too hard for a null season because they don't want Liverpool to win, that they are too quick to dismiss proper alternatives.
Just face the music and dance, Liverpool are champions until said otherwise, don't do it to yourselves.
Let's hope that next season it will be us lifting that trophy, because things are looking good right now.

You think this will all be finished by June/July?
I don't know, but if the football can be resumed from June onwards, then it can definitely be done. Just bin that Carabao thing or whatever it's called now and next season's start can be delayed to give players some rest.

Black.Ghost

So many lower League clubs would go bust with no games for 10 months
There are some real issues there that need to be looked at, but if CV doesn't get better soon, they'll miss the rest of the season and be in serious trouble either way.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Where would the money come from to pay the wages until January? Probably around £200m for us alone.

Le Red

This has no grounds in reality whatsoever. If everything had to stop for this long because of a virus football would be the last thing to worry about. In the best scenario, we'd be in some Mad Max deepshit.