RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

rasta4eye

I've often thought this too over the last decade or so

when that beach ball scored against them, makes you wonder
But surely with all the self pity they crave incidents like this should be sustenance for them.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guardian: Newcastle fans’ ultimatum: 'if Rafael Benítez goes, then so do we'
RAWK said:
Mike Ashley is like the Amazonian Candiru fish which swims into your penis and eats it from the inside.

SteveJ

Scout
Even the Guardian has gone Rawk-bonkers over Rafa:
Guardian said:
At the centre of this protest, and like all good soap operas, the hero versus villain narrative is fulfilled by two key players: the malevolent tyrant Mike Ashley and man-of the-people, Benítez. No prizes for guessing who’s who.

Rafa’s disarming modesty, his symbiotic relationship with the fanbase and his all-round majesty has generated a renewed hope and cause for pride in our football club

SteveJ

Scout
Fook's sake...
Guardian said:
Victor Hugo famously said “not being heard is no reason for silence”, and this mantra could not be truer of the Newcastle fanbase.
Guardian said:
As this Shakespearean tragedy trudges on

montpelier

Ooh, thread police opportunity - :p :p

Since when was this the ''The Guardian Goes Into Magpies Meltdown'' eh?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I really hope Liverpool fans get taken down a peg this season. They're insufferable at the moment. Boom bust cycle is more apt than ever.

PoTMS

I really hope Liverpool fans get taken down a peg this season. They're insufferable at the moment. Boom bust cycle is more apt than ever.
How fecking great would that be? Biggest boom peak in decades, the bust will be delightful.

montpelier

I have to laugh at United fans talking about our spending all the time now... while they spend most money back in 90s and early 00s.... but nevermind that

The fact they collectively ignore that we had always had to sell our best players and get shitloads for them... and basically start over after each major sale(s)... They really have no other thing going on against us now than the fact we have most expensive defender and most expensive GK...
Well yeah we do have them, but we also have third most highest sale in history of football with Coutinho to date...

The highest fee they received post Ronaldo was for Ángel Di María, but other than that they mostly always buy to improve their squad, NOT TO REPLACE top class players they sell... this is the one thing most United bitter fans can´t really see or understand

by comparing the 5 highest ever fees received we have (mostly had to) sold: Coutinho (2018), Suarez (2014), Torres (2011), Sterling (2015), Alonso (2009) together for £346 million.

United´s 5 highest ever received fees were for: Ronaldo (2009), Di María (2015), Beckham (2003), Schneiderlin (2017), Depay (2017) together for £188,8 milion.

If you compare how long it took for them to collect 5 highest fees in their history... (6 years more to be precise) and what is the difference (not counting the inflation cause it would have been even higher) - £157,2 milion. You have to see in 9 years we made almost double the amount of money United made in 14 years selling the same amount of players...

THAT IS WHY WE AS A CLUB CAN AFFORD TO BUY THE WORLD´S MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYERS, BECAUSE WE NEEDED TO REPLACE THOSE WHO LEFT FOR WORLD RECORD FEES. BECAUSE WE MAKE A LOT OF MONEY BY SELLING + ALSO RECIEVING MONEY AS DO ALL THE CLUBS WHO ARE IN CL FINAL AND PL.

Can United fans reading this finally get it in to their heads
thanks a lot.

GloryHunter07

I have to laugh at United fans talking about our spending all the time now... while they spend most money back in 90s and early 00s.... but nevermind that

The fact they collectively ignore that we had always had to sell our best players and get shitloads for them... and basically start over after each major sale(s)... They really have no other thing going on against us now than the fact we have most expensive defender and most expensive GK...
Well yeah we do have them, but we also have third most highest sale in history of football with Coutinho to date...

The highest fee they received post Ronaldo was for Ángel Di María, but other than that they mostly always buy to improve their squad, NOT TO REPLACE top class players they sell... this is the one thing most United bitter fans can´t really see or understand

by comparing the 5 highest ever fees received we have (mostly had to) sold: Coutinho (2018), Suarez (2014), Torres (2011), Sterling (2015), Alonso (2009) together for £346 million.

United´s 5 highest ever received fees were for: Ronaldo (2009), Di María (2015), Beckham (2003), Schneiderlin (2017), Depay (2017) together for £188,8 milion.

If you compare how long it took for them to collect 5 highest fees in their history... (6 years more to be precise) and what is the difference (not counting the inflation cause it would have been even higher) - £157,2 milion. You have to see in 9 years we made almost double the amount of money United made in 14 years selling the same amount of players...

THAT IS WHY WE AS A CLUB CAN AFFORD TO BUY THE WORLD´S MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYERS, BECAUSE WE NEEDED TO REPLACE THOSE WHO LEFT FOR WORLD RECORD FEES. BECAUSE WE MAKE A LOT OF MONEY BY SELLING + ALSO RECIEVING MONEY AS DO ALL THE CLUBS WHO ARE IN CL FINAL AND PL.

Can United fans reading this finally get it in to their heads
thanks a lot.
So basically, Liverpool are a selling club and United are not?

Kylar Stern

Ex- Liverpool players go on to bigger & better things, for ex- United players, invariably, the only way is down.
This, in a nutshell.

It's odd that such a sense of satisfaction from the Liverpool fans on this site is seemingly coming from the fact that Liverpool sell players just as they are coming into their prime for big money, whereas United tend to sell well afterwards for comparative peanuts, or have them retire at the club.

Clearly the approach preferred by Liverpool isn't exactly winning them trophies... Excellent net spend though :rolleyes:

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Even the Guardian has gone Rawk-bonkers over Rafa:
That man has such an obvious MO of turning the fans against the board so that no blame ever attaches to him, it's breathtaking that the audience never seem to spot it. He seems to do it at every club.

Mind you, Ashley was pretty much ready made for him. Maybe that's why he went there?

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans like to go on about net spend, yet in the years from 1992-2014(until the Mata transfer that January), Liverpool had a higher net spend in that period than United.
Can you quote your source please as I am a bit of a doubter - many thanks.

montpelier

first step to establish yourself as big boys is to imitate what the successful clubs of recent years have been doing... i.e having a go at our lot

montpelier

We on the other hand USED CHEMICAL WEAPONS BANNED BY THE GENEVA CONVENTION AGAINST THEIR LUXURY COACH DEVELOPED IN FSG'S SECRET LAB, KLOPP SAT DOWN WITH THE MERSEYSIDE POLICE AND DESIGNED THE PLAN, SLEEPER CELLS FROM BOOTLE WERE ACTIVATED AND WE KIDNAPPED THEIR PLAYERS AND WE PUT THEM IN SOLITARY CELLS AND SUBJECTED THEM TO MOCK EXECUTIONS AND THEN ATE THEIR HEARTS AND USED THEIR FINGERS TO MAKE A BANNER THAT READ 'YAWN' ALL BUS BUS COACH BUS COACH BANNED FROM ALL FOOTBALL FOREVER PURE EVIL
Are you alright?

Irrational.

Charlie Adam: Liverpool 'one or two players from winning Premier League'

Liverpool are "one or two players" short of having a team capable of winning the Premier League, says former Reds midfielder Charlie Adam.

Jurgen Klopp's side finished fourth in England's top flight last season and have spent nearly £170m this summer.

They also paid £75m for centre-back Virgil van Dijk in January, but Adam says they need another defender to challenge champions Manchester City.

"Liverpool have done excellent business so far," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

Guinea midfielder Naby Keita has arrived from RB Leipzig for about £50m, Brazil midfielder Fabinho has joined from Monaco in a deal that could be worth more than £40m, and Switzerland winger Xherdan Shaqiri has come in for £13m.

Liverpool have also made Alisson the world's most expensive goalkeeper, recruiting the Brazilian from Roma in a deal the Italian club said is worth up to £66.8m.

However, the Reds have also raised significant funds, including through the £142m sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in January.

"Liverpool are one or two players from the title," said Adam on The Monday Night Club. "He [Klopp] has added quality to the squad, I still think they could do with another centre-half.

"They have brought Shaqiri in, a good replacement if Mohamed Salah needs a rest. Daniel Sturridge is to come back in - if he stays fit he could be in that team as well.

"The goalkeeper situation was a big problem for them last season. He has seen that problem and got that deal done," he said.

He [Alisson] is going to be worth six to eight points over the season. It adds a total belief and confidence."
Their level of delusion knows no bounds. They finished fourth and 25 points behind City. Add in a few high profile signings and a good set of pre-season results and they've begun to peak in their boom-bust cycle. :rolleyes:

The last time there was this level of optimism, it reminds me of this pre-season they had:

They finished 6th.

SteveJ

Scout
Kop memories of yesteryear...
RAWK said:
Worst moment, can't remember the oppostion but I screamed "c*nt" at the ref for some bad decision only to see me 2 false teeth shoot out me gob, loop into the air and disappear in the crowd. The amazing thing was I pushed everyone outta the way and found 'em! Took 'em home and put em in Dettol for a week before I put 'em back in me gob.

Moshe Dayan

Supports
Tottenham
I joined to say thanks for these threads. I found them the season Liverpool spunked a fortune on Andy Carroll and co and have been an avid reader since. Here's hoping for another classic year!

SteveJ

Scout
TLW said:
Me and the missus were in the car a few years ago when news came on the radio about some gay celebrity who'd been diagnosed with HIV.

We were talking about this when I mentioned a programme I'd seen on the telly about a drug that had been developed which could actually cure mice of the disease.

She paused for a few seconds then said, "I didn't realise you could get gay mice."

SteveJ

Scout
TLW said:
Lady at work describing her new dress to her colleague.

Lady A: "Oh you should see my new dress."
Lady B: "What's it like?"
Lady A: "A cocktail dress."
Lady B: "I bet that's really small. Is it like cocktail sausages? They are really small."

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

SteveJ

Scout
TLW said:
We were talking about how there's bound to be a few arguments when we moved in together.

She said, 'It'll be interesting, alright. i'd love to be a fly on the wall!'

Me: 'You are going to be there...that's the whole point.'
My mate was watching 'Rambo' with his wife and about an hour into it she turned to him and said 'How long is it until he starts boxing?'