RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2011/2012)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
One thing to note is that when FFP comes to play it'll be much more complicated than simply 50M for Torres means 50M + 20M warchest to spend the next season.

IMO it'll be more number crunching and at best we're still trying to figure the numbers, but it' won't be straight forward math of -/+ , more variables will be at play, loses, profits, dividends, salary, etc.

204Red

In fairness there's more than a few scousers on there calling this a strange move

forevrared

Those poor feckers are going to kill themselves if Raheem Sterling isn't the next Messi. Went for a look around for info about a young American who's supposedly been offered a contract at Liverpool and they can't go 10 seconds without talking about him.

Excal

Why are they so obsessed with Rafa Benitez?

He fecked their club up big time with his successive expensive flops and duds.
He was in charge during the only trophy they've won in 10 years. Because they're Scousers, they need to believe it was something special and not just a good run of luck from an average team.

MG

He was in charge during the only trophy they've won in 10 years. Because they're Scousers, they need to believe it was something special and not just a good run of luck from an average team.
Yeah... but he also fecked their club up big time with his successive expensive flops and duds.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why are they so obsessed with Rafa Benitez?

Because...

A RAWKite wrote said:
Rafa 'gets' us. He knows that, no matter what Slur Alcoholic Lord Fergsuon sez, Liverpool are the best. Remember how our Rafa took on those yank owners by nagging them to buy Messi, Xavi and Villa after we won the Argos Trophy on that unforgettable night in Milton Keynes? And how Rafa exposed the FA, referees, linesmen, FIFA, UEFA, Eurovision, Sky, the BBC, OnDigital and Panini for their blatant favouritism towards Manchester United? Annnnd how Rafa built Anfield single-handedly??? Yeah, that's our Rafa etc etc etc

pauldyson1uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by A RAWKite wrote
Rafa 'gets' us. He knows that, no matter what Slur Alcoholic Lord Fergsuon sez, Liverpool are the best. Remember how our Rafa took on those yank owners by nagging them to buy Messi, Xavi and Villa after we won the Argos Trophy on that unforgettable night in Milton Keynes? And how Rafa exposed the FA, referees, linesmen, FIFA, UEFA, Eurovision, Sky, the BBC, OnDigital and Panini for their blatant favouritism towards Manchester United? Annnnd how Rafa built Anfield single-handedly??? Yeah, that's our Rafa etc etc etc

:lol::lol:

alastair

ignorant
I don't quite get why everyone's laughing at Liverpool's transfers so far. Who do you think they're going to sign? They're not in the CL.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
-------henderson----adam--------
------------------gerrard-------

Thats the midfield thats going to win the league, some of them will have you believe.
It won't win it if Henderson performs like he did in the recent U21 Championships & Gerrard continues on being the crock he is.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I don't quite get why everyone's laughing at Liverpool's transfers so far. Who do you think they're going to sign? They're not in the CL.
Someone that might help them get into CL?;)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
When City spend £27m on a lanky Dzeko, we whip out a logical £35m on Carroll midway through his debut PL season. When City go spend £24m on a World Cup winning wideman, we're prepared to spend up to £20m on an exciting Downing. Neither of us are afraid of spending big on world class players.
Wind-up par excellence:
Us and the market. We're boss.

alastair

ignorant
What strikes me about Liverpool's team for next season is that it will probably be beaten about once at home, but about six or seven times away. Anfield will be a hard away trip next year. Loads of energetic players on a tight field, with a physical brute up front, mixed in with some quality with Gerrard and Suarez. It's not going to win the title, but they're a lot better off as a team.

Plan M

What strikes me about Liverpool's team for next season is that it will probably be beaten about once at home, but about six or seven times away. Anfield will be a hard away trip next year. Loads of energetic players on a tight field, with a physical brute up front, mixed in with some quality with Gerrard and Suarez. It's not going to win the title, but they're a lot better off as a team.
But still a lot worse off than a few seasons back. I'm sorry but Henderson and Adam won't light up Anfield. Gerrard's best days are behind him. Awful centre backs. No left back. Suarez and the keeper keep them mid table and above.

Anyway, let's keep this about laughing at RAWK:

(Re: Charlie Adam Transfer)

RAWK Member said:
I think we might end up with the strongest and best midfield in the league by the end of the transfer window.
:wenger: :lol:

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
There was a Worrior sports banner on the bottom of the page here so I clicked on it.

The same company that are making the Bindippers kits next season makes this...

nimic

something nice
Scout
When City spend £27m on a lanky Dzeko, we whip out a logical £35m on Carroll midway through his debut PL season. When City go spend £24m on a World Cup winning wideman, we're prepared to spend up to £20m on an exciting Downing.
I decided to run the first part of this through the Translation Telephone, just to make it more reasonable.

Up to 27 MB of free space in the city where Jack the bats well, and his sister Carol PLC PO Box 35 zlotys per half hour. The city offers 24 feet of the World Cup Wiedemann, currently $ 20 million Downing interesting.

It also helps make more sense out of other RAWK favourites:

Perhaps my sadness and fear were natural consequences of an adolescence conditioned by the deconstructive forces of modernity and post-modernity. I never witnessed the Golden Age, and should our barren spell continue indefinitely, future generations might even question whether it was a myth, a legend that has its roots in history, but whose implications are merely products of imaginative patriarchs desperately seeking to find meaning and significance where there was none.
(I had to do this one in bits. Somehow I don't think it made much of a difference)

Perhaps loneliness and fall of modern youth and postmodèrn fear the power of positive influence. I saw a golden age, problems, and that should continue forever, the myth, the myth of history rooted in the harsh conditions of future generations, however, before the meaning and purpose of this review and property and, in a sense, tried to imagine.

Seems reasonable.