RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I know they get a lot of shit over there (and rightfully so) but their thread on Maxi leaving reads a hell of a lot better than our one about Park leaving.

They've both been good servants to the club (with Park being much better over a longer period of time) but our thread was full of comments like "Two years too late" as well as "About time" whereas theirs is full of respect and talk about Maxi's best moments.

They do stick behind their players the RAWK bunch.

mightberight

Do they though? So often they try and paint themselves as the ultimate Liverpool fans, and in doing things "The Liverpool Way," when just as often you see them criticise Downing, Carragher, and whoever they signed last season. I don't blame them for it - any group of supporters would - but they think they're so special in their loyalty to the club and players that it separates them from anyone else.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know they get a lot of shit over there (and rightfully so) but their thread on Maxi leaving reads a hell of a lot better than our one about Park leaving.

They've both been good servants to the club (with Park being much better over a longer period of time) but our thread was full of comments like "Two years too late" as well as "About time" whereas theirs is full of respect and talk about Maxi's best moments.

Are you joking? Our thread about Park was a sentimental wank fest and rightfully so for the service and some of the performances he has given us.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Rafa signing. Enough said.

Rafa could have taken a shit in the Anfield dressing room, given it a squad number, and there'd have been a candlelit vigil when it left.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
They stick by who they think is supporting Benitez.

Gerrard and Carragher have been criticized so much. If I was Gerrard and I was reading RAWK, I may think about throwing in a transfer request.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Just think, if Gerrard had transferred to Chelsea all those years ago, he'd have won a few leagues, FA cups and the Champions League. As much of a twat I think he is, I think it's a shame he's wasted his career at Liverpool.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Maybe 1 in 10 people if even that. Pretty much everyone was thanking Park for the service he's given us over the past 7 years and wishing him well.

20solskjaer

Just think, if Gerrard had transferred to Chelsea all those years ago, he'd have won a few leagues, FA cups and the Champions League. As much of a twat I think he is, I think it's a shame he's wasted his career at Liverpool.
i dont, i think its hilarious

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He has still won a CL, a UEFA Cup. Some FA and League cups too. It's hardly been a bad career.

An Irish Red

They're a pile of dreamers though, it's just the way they are. Example;

top 3 of Borini, Dempsey and Suarez would be deadly, as they can play similar style to Barca top 3 players (Sanchez,Messi,Pedro) with switch sides and making it very hard for the oposite defence... if we could by Dempsey that is.
You can't credit them for delusion.

nimic

something nice
Scout
One of the best players in the world leaving in his prime was not as sad as a competent midfielder unfortunately past his prime leaving so he can get more playing time?

I like Park, but it's not sad that he left. It's the best move for the club and it's the best move for him.

RK

I said it was sadder.

And it was.
I don't see how people can dispute this really. One was dedicated to the club, gave his best years here and sadly his ability was no longer good enough for the playing time he desired.

One fecked off to another country at the age of 24 and still absurdly has his name chanted at Old Trafford. I don't blame him but I'm certainly not going to lament his absence.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It was unfortunate that Ronaldo left, but saying "fecked off to another country at the age of 24" isn't fair. He was here for what, one season less than Park? He also played quite a few more games.

RK

It was unfortunate that Ronaldo left, but saying "fecked off to another country at the age of 24" isn't fair. He was here for what, one season less than Park? He also played quite a few more games.
It's not unfortunate, it's not like he tripped over and accidentally landed in Madrid. Park was with us for 7 years during his prime, Ronaldo was with us for 5 (plus 1 he'd rather have been at Real for), half of which was development.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don't see how people can dispute this really. One was dedicated to the club, gave his best years here and sadly his ability was no longer good enough for the playing time he desired.

One fecked off to another country at the age of 24 and still absurdly has his name chanted at Old Trafford. I don't blame him but I'm certainly not going to lament his absence.
I'm a very sentimental football fan I think. It seems you are as well. I love the little stories, and I love the underdog like Park whose hard work earned him a place in the United squad.

Ronaldo obviously came across as not loving United as much as Park. He was sort of annoying with all his quotes about "Only God knows". Still a better player, but I didn't take to him like I do players like Park.

Other people clearly see football as "Ronaldo is better so I like him more" I see things differently.

UnitedRoadRed

Clearly it was sadder Ronaldo going as we had just turned him into one of the two stand-out players in the world and we didn't get the longer term benefit of it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm a very sentimental football fan I think. It seems you are as well. I love the little stories, and I love the underdog like Park whose hard work earned him a place in the United squad.

Ronaldo obviously came across as not loving United as much as Park. He was sort of annoying with all his quotes about "Only God knows". Still a better player, but I didn't take to him like I do players like Park.

Other people clearly see football as "Ronaldo is better so I like him more" I see things differently.
With all due respect, but its easier to remain loyal towards United when the only clubs wanting you are at QPR's level . Ronaldo had the chance of playing with Real, a massive club with a great history and who tend to pay mega salaries that United can only dream of paying. Ronaldo happened to be their supporter too which complicated things up.

The only players I can think of who had PROVEN to be more loyal then Ronaldo were Giggs (who was given a blank cheque from the then filthy rich Inter but he turned it down) and Scholes (courted in numerous occasions by various rich clubs). Its still not the same thing, since both Giggs and Scholes were United fans through a through.

Denis' cuff

With all due respect, but its easier to remain loyal towards United when the only clubs wanting you are at QPR's level . Ronaldo had the chance of playing with Real, a massive club with a great history and who tend to pay mega salaries that United can only dream of paying. Ronaldo happened to be their supporter too which complicated things up.

The only players I can think of who had PROVEN to be more loyal then Ronaldo were Giggs (who was given a blank cheque from the then filthy rich Inter but he turned it down) and Scholes (courted in numerous occasions by various rich clubs). Its still not the same thing, since both Giggs and Scholes were United fans through a through.
I've never got this. Much as I love the pair of them, I find it a bit much to call two Salford lads (no arguing) "loyal" for having one-club-careers with United during their most successful period in their history and being able to share it all with your old mates and family. It's like praising Luke Chadwick loyal for shagging a supermodel and sticking round for another go. Maybe that's just because I'm a Salford lad and a bit jealous though.

Denis' cuff

fully 2nded

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Please quote anti-Rodgers stuff :)
Sorry, it's pro-Rodgers, but this poster seems to think that Brendan will be pulling on a shirt for them -

Rodgers undoubtedly has immense respect for and knowledge of the club, he conducts himself in the fashion expected of a Liverpool manger. Humble, proud, positive, intelligent and sharp, it’s been music to my ears. It’s positive that he’s slotted in and gained a lot of respect so quickly, without kicking a ball. But we’ve always had managers with a bucket loads of class, his attitude shouldn’t really be as much of a surprise as seems to have been, but then that’s Roy’s fault.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I've never got this. Much as I love the pair of them, I find it a bit much to call two Salford lads (no arguing) "loyal" for having one-club-careers with United during their most successful period in their history and being able to share it all with your old mates and family. It's like praising Luke Chadwick loyal for shagging a supermodel and sticking round for another go. Maybe that's just because I'm a Salford lad and a bit jealous though.
Its loyalty since these players could get much more money (we're talking about 2-3 times the salary being paid during that time by us) by going somewhere else.

To put things in perspective, during the 90s United went for Batistuta only for him to turn the offer down because United couldn't even afford he's current salary. And we're talking here about Fiorentina (the equivalent of today's Tottenham). Moratti (whom during his early period at the club could easily be compared with the likes of Abramovich) could easily outbid and outpay Fiorentina, let alone United.

I remember quite vividly Moratti stating that he had given Giggs and Cantona a blank cheque. By refusing

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Sorry, it's pro-Rodgers, but this poster seems to think that Brendan will be pulling on a shirt for them -

Rodgers undoubtedly has immense respect for and knowledge of the club, he conducts himself in the fashion expected of a Liverpool manger. Humble, proud, positive, intelligent and sharp, it’s been music to my ears. It’s positive that he’s slotted in and gained a lot of respect so quickly, without kicking a ball. But we’ve always had managers with a bucket loads of class, his attitude shouldn’t really be as much of a surprise as seems to have been, but then that’s Roy’s fault.
Yeah fecking right....

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Northern Soul, Scottish Steel

In Oscar Wilde’s ‘Portrait of Dorian Grey’, the eponymous character has a portrait painted when he is at his most beautiful and vows to never grow old and ugly. He then begins to live a most debauched life while he remains unharmed. The portrait, which is kept hidden in the attic, bares the scars Dorian avoids. The end point arrives when Dorian in a fit of guilt looks at his portrait and sees the true nature of his soul and slashes the picture, killing himself and finally revealing his true nature. The club has attempted to freeze time on its beautiful youth for too long, the portrait has been flaking and decaying for some time. Seemingly it has taken these outsiders to take us up to the attic and rather than slash Liverpool’s portrait, have it completely whitewashed and started again. The frame is the same and the canvas is the same, but unlike Dorian Grey’s portrait, perhaps it can be repainted...
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=295528.0

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Their movie thread is quite good, at least compared to the sinking ship that is the Redcafe movie thread, but it goes weird where Andy Allerton decided to do commentary to a Laurel and Hardy film.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Mate, we've been a laughing stock, transfer wise, in the league for a very long time.

I cant think of a single club across all of European Football who've made as many bonehead decisions as us since 2008.
:lol:

Ain't that the truth

Homeomorphic

can't believe the number of times that the most obvious pass was to suso and yet he is missed out, almost deliberate sometimes..!???
sick of this shit, they just don't pass to him
it's not just the spanish players that seem to be ignoring suso, whenever he touches the ball the commentators start to talk about something completely different unless he puts in a bad corner or something. It's like everyone connected to the tournament has just decided to shun him!
suso is better than every player bar grimaldo but he plays in a completely different position yett they don't pass to him. Ridiculous.
no fecker passes to him
wtf?! Their youth player simply had a quiet game and they turn it into some sort of conspiracy? Really?! I should read that forum more often. Looks quite an amusing place.

Status
Not open for further replies.