Rayan Cherki - Lyon player

the_cliff

Insane the ability and technique he has on both feet. Never seen anything quite like it.

K Stand Knut

Insane the ability and technique he has on both feet. Never seen anything quite like it.
Really??!?!??!?!

You’ve never seen a player as good as this?

I seriously doubt that unless you are exceedingly young but be definitely doesn’t have anything that we haven’t seen before

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Starting to realise his potential which is great to see.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Really??!?!??!?!

You’ve never seen a player as good as this?

I seriously doubt that unless you are exceedingly young but be definitely doesn’t have anything that we haven’t seen before
I think they were referring to Cherki's ambipedal capabilities in particular (he's very special in that department), not that they've never seen a player as good as him in a general sense. :)
What do people think his best position will end up being?
#10 for United, maybe a False 9 as he matures; with the freedom to drift toward the flanks and combine with others (especially through the half-spaces, where he does some of his best work). He's slippery against the press, an effortless ball carrier (centrally or out wide, not the fastest but very smooth and purposeful), highly inventive and progressive as a passer, can score goals at a decent clip, and interprets space at a high level — everything that you need in an offensive orchestrator, reminiscent of a “natural playmaker” like Totti. We really need to hoover up prodigies like him (or Wirtz) while they're somewhat attainable.

Golden Nugget

How has he progressed? I recall watching him when he first broke through when he was hyped, thinking there was no way this guy was 16/17 (he looks like he’s 30 now) - hype died down after a season and I read reports saying he was lazy and/or selfish, was hoping he wouldn’t go down the Ben Arfa route. It’s good to see that he’s still around and impressing

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The highlights didn’t exactly wow me to think that this guy was that special. Maybe need to watch him a bit more.

Mailo

The ease in which he dribbles past players is fantastic and will break lines and setups of any team defending. Superb use of both legs.
Only thing I can see stopping him is injuries and his own mental fortitudes.

zaafi

The highlights didn’t exactly wow me to think that this guy was that special. Maybe need to watch him a bit more.
He is 19 and was playing around on the field as if he was surrounded by kids :lol: If you read what @Invictus wrote above you'll see what he is about. He is a really special player.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is 19 and was playing around on the field as if he was surrounded by kids :lol: If you read what @Invictus wrote above you'll see what he is about. He is a really special player.
I mean okay, I’ve heard of him before and it’s not the first time but people stopped talking about him.

Seemed to have a good performance and everyone is going nuts about him again?

Il keep an eye on him and see if people are still talking about him next week.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Biggest quality is how fun he is to watch
The kind of players that makes you come to the stadium to see them play

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Seems to lack pace over the first five yards but very skillful.

criticalanalysis

We have a friendly against Lyon so it will be interesting to see him try to dribble past Bruno, Mount and Case if they are playing. I can see the hack-a-thon already.

Supports
Chelsea
Caught a couple Lyon matches last season and his natural talent is absolutely absurd. Not quite as gifted physically though, and question marks about his defensive work. One to watch for sure though.

Zed is not dead

We should stay away from him. The talent is here, but his mentality leaves a lot to be desired.
A friend of mine worked with him and his family for sponsorship deals, and let’s just say he’s a less smart version of Ben Arfa

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Always reminds me a bit of Eden Hazard (young unfat version)
Was just about to post the same. Cherki lacks the explosiveness that Hazard had but his dribbling style looks very similar to young Eden's.

Crazy to think he's still a teenager. I remember him being a beast for me in FM20 so he must have been just 15 at the time the game was released.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When I’ve seen him, he looks slow over first 5/10 yards. A bit like Memphis.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
As far as I remember we tried to get him at the same time as Hannibal

or maybe I dreamt that @Adnan
We came close to signing him at youth level when the player was 15 years old according to reports. John Murtough was the head of the youth development side of the club at the time and we came very very close to signing him per reports. He eventually signed a contract with Lyon, with the Lyon President (Aulas) quoted as saying how they'd beat off competition from United and Real Madrid in persuading the youngster to stay at the club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think we should all know him on here. Firstly, @BalanceUnAutreJoint spent about a year telling us that he was the ‘biggest talent in the history of French football’.

He’s outrageously gifted, can do absolutely everything to am equal standard with both right and left foot and his dribbling is effortless. With a strong coach and set up, he can go to the very top. We did indeed apparently try to get him when we got Hannibal, and the consensus at the time we signed Mejbri was that we had signed the ‘second biggest talent in France’ at the time, with Cherki being the first.

mu4c_20le

Rememeber he was only 15 when he broke through, and the hype at the time was Mbappe level. Interesting talent, and the development cycle kind of eminds me of Odegaard.