Real Madrid 2014-2015

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Like Barca, Madrid's attacking line-up could be absolutely incredible if they end up signing their top targets (lead to believe Falcao/J.Rodriguez/Kroos)

Alonso
Modric-----Kroos
Bale-------------Ronaldo
Falcao

Kroos---Modric
Bale------J.Rodriguez-----Ronaldo
Falcao
I have a feeling they will sign at least 2 of the 3 targets so if they do, who's squad would be more dangerous out of Real/Barca?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Like Barca, Madrid's attacking line-up could be absolutely incredible if they end up signing their top targets (lead to believe Falcao/J.Rodriguez/Kroos)

Alonso
Modric-----Kroos
Bale-------------Ronaldo
Falcao

Kroos---Modric
Bale------J.Rodriguez-----Ronaldo
Falcao
I have a feeling they will sign at least 2 of the 3 targets so if they do, who's squad would be more dangerous out of Real/Barca?
There is no way the latter will happen - no way Monaco will sell their two star marquee names in 1 summer. Plus they don't need to, they have funds.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
There is no way the latter will happen - no way Monaco will sell their two star marquee names in 1 summer. Plus they don't need to, they have funds.
It is clear Falcao only went because of the complications with his contract, part owned etc. I think if they both want the move, they could make it happen.

bishblaize

Not sure Falcao is what Real need. They really need someone who can bring Bale and Ronaldo into play, by holding up play or pulling wide, letting those two pile into the box. Falco is a pure poacher (at least at Atleti, not really seen him at Monaco). He's the kind of player to do nothing for 70 minutes in a match, score a stunning goal, then do nothing else.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
@bishblaize I think Diego Costa would be perfect for them. A good finisher, combative, links up well with other players and is extremely hard working.

Eila

Benzema is perfect for Madrid. Bringing another striker might do them harm. Di Maria is also fantastic, not sure why they have to bring these new attacking players. Bring a keeper and better defenders.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Because Spanish football has basically just turned into a dick measuring contest between Real and Barca rather than about building well balanced squads maybe?

ottosec

Because Spanish football has basically just turned into a dick measuring contest between Real and Barca rather than about building well balanced squads maybe?
Sounds about right. Real feel that they gotta bring someone in, because Barca are signing Suarez.

Cantonaaa!

Is it just me or are anyone else sick of the way they just seem to buy every hot name out there?

I mean in the last couple of years they've bought Isco, Bale, Modric, Kroos, Varane, and now probably Rodriguez as well. Before that Ronaldo, Ozil, Khedira, Alonso, and more.

I would much rather we continue to give debuts to our youngsters, and buy prospects and relatively unknown players instead of the finished product (Ronaldo, Shaw, Vidic, De Gea, Rafael), sprinkled with a top class signing every now and then when it's necessary.

Or have I got this wrong, are we just as bad as them? I mean we have spent some money the last years on van Persie, Kagawa, Mata..etc.

gaucho_10

I would much rather we continue to give debuts to our youngsters, and buy prospects and relatively unknown players instead of the finished product (Ronaldo, Shaw, Vidic, De Gea, Rafael), sprinkled with a top class signing every now and then when it's necessary.
...and you also want to compete for titles and play CL.

Or have I got this wrong, are we just as bad as them? I mean we have spent some money the last years on van Persie, Kagawa, Mata..etc.
Hazard, Lucas, Bale, Fabregas, Kroos. I wonder what song you lot would bee singing if you managed to sign half of these players...

bishblaize

Hard to see where Rodriguez fits in this RM set up. He's not replacing Benzema, even if Benzema does wander away from the number 9 position quite a lot. JR is a proper number 10, not one to lead the line.

They could drop JR behind a front two of Ronaldo and Bale, do the whole inverted front 3 thing. But then Bale and Ronaldo will have to play a little narrower and further forward than their starting positions in a 3 behind a striker. Both of them benefit from having a lot of space to run into, where their pace can do damage. It would work amazingly well on the counter attack, but not so well when playing at home against teams sitting deep.

They could move to 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him and keep a proper striker, but that would mean dropping one of Alonso or Modric (assuming Kroos starts). And frankly a midfield pairing of Kroos-Modric, while sounding slick, is probably too lightweight even for the Spanish league. Alonso & Khedira were key players for them last season at different points, and they still need players of that type.

I get the feeling we might get a situation akin to the one shaping up at Barca - ridiculous when it comes to attack, but at the expense of a balanced team. Games either finishing 7-0 or 3-3, but more points dropped than needed.

Top to watch though.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Can any Real fan elaborate, which role Zidane has?
I always thought that he is a glorified mascot; someone Real keeps around because of his name. Now he really seems to get into coaching. How much influence does he have? Is he doing a good job/is he qualified to become a manager?

@Raul Madrid, @Vato

Last edited:

PvsNP

What happened to the Falcao rumours? Are they still after him?

Cantonaaa!

Agreed. All this wanking has left my dick looking like beef jerky.

Please make it stop. :(
:lol: Again, all these signings are not healthy in many ways.

...and you also want to compete for titles and play CL.

Hazard, Lucas, Bale, Fabregas, Kroos. I wonder what song you lot would bee singing if you managed to sign half of these players...
Of course I want. I hope we can do that still with van Gaal in place. Hopefully his system is more important than individual players. We still need quality though.

I would have no functioning zippers left, for sure.
Maybe I'm a little jealous but that's just natural when you get beat to the best players and/or selling your best. Just look at arsenal fans and liverpool fans. ;)

Oneunited26

Is it just me or are anyone else sick of the way they just seem to buy every hot name out there?

I mean in the last couple of years they've bought Isco, Bale, Modric, Kroos, Varane, and now probably Rodriguez as well. Before that Ronaldo, Ozil, Khedira, Alonso, and more.

We are nowhere ne
Hard to see where Rodriguez fits in this RM set up. He's not replacing Benzema, even if Benzema does wander away from the number 9 position quite a lot. JR is a proper number 10, not one to lead the line.

They could drop JR behind a front two of Ronaldo and Bale, do the whole inverted front 3 thing. But then Bale and Ronaldo will have to play a little narrower and further forward than their starting positions in a 3 behind a striker. Both of them benefit from having a lot of space to run into, where their pace can do damage. It would work amazingly well on the counter attack, but not so well when playing at home against teams sitting deep.

They could move to 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him and keep a proper striker, but that would mean dropping one of Alonso or Modric (assuming Kroos starts). And frankly a midfield pairing of Kroos-Modric, while sounding slick, is probably too lightweight even for the Spanish league. Alonso & Khedira were key players for them last season at different points, and they still need players of that type.

I get the feeling we might get a situation akin to the one shaping up at Barca - ridiculous when it comes to attack, but at the expense of a balanced team. Games either finishing 7-0 or 3-3, but more points dropped than needed.

Top to watch though.
They are maybe the only club that can miss out on him now, and just get him when he completes his development. Ronaldo a prime example, ronaldo gets better every season at united and has soon as he developed into that monster player in 2007/08, Madrid snapped their fingers, and a year later in 2009, he's holding the number 9 shirt of real madrid. So if I was madrid keep an eye on him, and when the times right break the transfer record, AGAIN, and he is a Madrid player

gaucho_10

Maybe I'm a little jealous but that's just natural when you get beat to the best players and/or selling your best. Just look at arsenal fans and liverpool fans. ;)
The only reason why you're not getting these players is lack of CL football. Give it a year and all will be fine.. ;)

You don't even have to make a gigantic push forward. Liverpool will crumble under pressure of playing at 2 fronts and Rodgers will have problems finding balance in playing squad twice the size of the last year's.

Cantonaaa!

The only reason why you're not getting these players is lack of CL football. Give it a year and all will be fine.. ;)

You don't even have to make a gigantic push forward. Liverpool will crumble under pressure of playing at 2 fronts and Rodgers will have problems finding balance in playing squad twice the size of the last year's.
Hopefully that's all true. I think Liverpool will come 5th. There's no way they will score enough now that Suarez has left them. They would at least have to plug some serious holes in their defence to come 4th.

RedStarUnited

One of Isco/Benzema/Di Maria surely had to leave now?

Someone will get them selves a neat player there...

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
One of Isco/Benzema/Di Maria surely had to leave now?

Someone will get them selves a neat player there...
I think it will be Di Maria. Can't see them letting go of Isco he is one of Spain's hottest prospects. Benzema fits in well with his system. I'm assuming James will play the role Di Maria played last season.

Admire the way they identify a top target and then manage to sign them.

FromTheBench

They would surely want another Striker as well now that Morata is gone ?

They are left with just Benzema and he blows hot and cold and isn't really a elite striker.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
They would surely want another Striker as well now that Morata is gone ?

They are left with just Benzema and he blows hot and cold and isn't really a elite striker.
I think they'll just play one of their other attacking players up front. Even Isco played a few games as a false 9 last season, and Jesé has played there too.

Empire

Will one of Modric / James / Kroos be content on the bench?

jason93

Benzema is world class. I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with replacing him. Falcao is brilliant but why ruin a good thing?

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Benzema is world class. I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with replacing him. Falcao is brilliant but why ruin a good thing?
It's Real, they don't care about these things. Di Maria was incredible last year and they will sell him this summer, wouldn't be shocked if they sign Falcao, because he is another big name for a big fee and Perez just loves signing big names.

ctp

With Ronaldo, Bale and James all likely to start, the last thing Real need is a poacher like Falcao. Benzema is far more suited to their team. Even Perez can't be that stupid.

Raul Madrid

Can any Real fan elaborate, which role Zidane has?
I always thought that he is a glorified mascot; someone Real keeps around because of his name. Now he really seems to get into coaching. How much influence does he have? Is he doing a good job/is he qualified to become a manager?

@Raul Madrid, @Vato
Sorry, I just seen this. It did not appear on my alerts. Originally perez wanted him to be a director of football, but zidane wanted a more "hands on approach" and to work with the players more. His main duties include tactical preparation and he also deals one-on-one with players who need help or support. Here are quotes from an interview he did a while back. I hope this can give you the answers you want and more of an insight into his role.

“I analyse the goals we concede, how it happens, in what minute, and help to prepare for games,” Madrid’s assistant coach said. “Paul Clement prepares the training sessions and I work more on tactics and with the players alongside Carlo. I am always available for the players. When someone is not feeling good, I am here to talk if he wants, if he needs me. Whatever the player asks.”

“With Ancelotti things have been done in a natural way,” Zidane said. “It was a good moment for me, for the club, and for Carlo. I could not have taken this position with a coach I did not know. I could not have been Mourinho’s assistant, for example, and anyway he already had his second in command. There was no reason to do it with him.”

“I am on the normal path to being a [head] coach,” Zidane said. “I am learning a lot with Carlo. I know what I want and I am capable of achieving it. I want what I am doing now to be useful for me in the future. I want to build something, and within 10 years we will do another interview and the balance of what I have done will be positive.”

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Sorry, I just seen this. It did not appear on my alerts. Originally perez wanted him to be a director of football, but zidane wanted a more "hands on approach" and to work with the players more. His main duties include tactical preparation and he also deals one-on-one with players who need help or support. Here are quotes from an interview he did a while back. I hope this can give you the answers you want and more of an insight into his role.

“I analyse the goals we concede, how it happens, in what minute, and help to prepare for games,” Madrid’s assistant coach said. “Paul Clement prepares the training sessions and I work more on tactics and with the players alongside Carlo. I am always available for the players. When someone is not feeling good, I am here to talk if he wants, if he needs me. Whatever the player asks.”

“With Ancelotti things have been done in a natural way,” Zidane said. “It was a good moment for me, for the club, and for Carlo. I could not have taken this position with a coach I did not know. I could not have been Mourinho’s assistant, for example, and anyway he already had his second in command. There was no reason to do it with him.”

“I am on the normal path to being a [head] coach,” Zidane said. “I am learning a lot with Carlo. I know what I want and I am capable of achieving it. I want what I am doing now to be useful for me in the future. I want to build something, and within 10 years we will do another interview and the balance of what I have done will be positive.”
cheers mate. Great to hear. I never thought that he is interested in coaching. Starting small to learn things shows character. He surely could get a decent job just with his name. I really look forward to see him as manager one day. He always had great leadership qualities.