Real Madrid 2014-2015

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Possibly Falcao.
Possibly, I reckon it's now or never for him though. By the time next season comes around he'll be 29, hard to see Real Madrid splashing out big money on someone that old (relatively speaking).

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Eh Perez is going to be pissed when he finds no one is buying his dragon and pink jerseys.

Btw are you sure Adidas isn't pulling an elaborate prank on you guys? They pulled a short hilarious prank on Ajax

:lol: Oh my... you really have me worried now.

After the Nicolas Cage fiasco with Calderon, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
:lol: Oh my... you really have me worried now.

After the Nicolas Cage fiasco with Calderon, nothing would surprise me anymore.
:lol: That was hilarious. They were even handing a Real jersey with Nicolas Cage on it to that impostor weren't they?. Btw what are the Real fans reaction to the pink and dragon jerseys in general?

Off topic but do you think Illaramendi can take the place of Alonso successfully or are Real going to bring another guy in before the window closes?

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: That was hilarious. They were even handing a Real jersey with Nicolas Cage on it to that impostor weren't they?. Btw what are the Real fans reaction to the pink and dragon jerseys in general?

Off topic but do you think Illaramendi can take the place of Alonso successfully or are Real going to bring another guy in before the window closes?
Nope, I don't think he's up to the task. He hasn't impressed me at all since he joined. I think Kroos is seen as his replacement, at least for the coming season.

He'll get a chance when one of Kroos or Modric get injured and having Khedira aswell means we don't really need to bring in another midfielder for now. I'm more worried about only having one striker at the moment. Getting a (backup) striker should be our priority right now.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't mind their away kit, it's something a bit different, didn't Russia and Mexico have some designs on their shirts recently?

I always thought ours would look decent with a large watermark of our badge somewhere on it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Just read Khedira out up to EIGHT weeks, what means he will miss games vs Atletico Madrid, Villarreal and Barca. Massive blow IMO, one day after the transfer window is shut.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
12/13
--------Alonso----Khedira--------
Di Maria------Ozil------Ronaldo
------------Benzema------------

13/14
-------------Alonso-------------
------Modric-------Di Maria------
Bale-------Benzema-------Ronaldo

14/15
------Modric------Kroos-------
Bale--------James--------Ronaldo
-----------Benzema-----------

Which Real Madrid front 6 does it for you?

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Would be surprised if 14/15 tops 13/14, which is comfortably better than 12/13.

No chance Modrić is dropped though.

Jagga7

13/14 is clearly more balanced and better team. This years team is more like a footie manager team. They will struggle if they keep playing that front 6.

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

12/13

13/14

14/15

Easily the one with Di Maria in it especially as he was a great back up for out wide in cases of a Bale/Ronaldo injury.

I don't think Rodriquez is as good as Di Maria centrally and out wide Di Maria is a lot better.

14-15 over 12-13 for me though as they both are quite imbalanced but 14-15 has so much more individual talent squeezed in.

The 14-15 team can have a screamer though, hard to tell yet and it will depend a lot on match ups in the CL. If they get match-ups where Kroos-Modric doesn't get exposed then they can do incredibly well and in case they just play top top teams in the semi and final then you always got a good chance.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
As far as midfield is concerned, 13/14 was much more balanced than 14/15 because it suited all three of Alonso, Modric and Di Maria.

If Madrid continue to play 4-2-3-1 then both Kroos and Modric will have less influence on game because they will be sitting deeper. I don’t think it’s how you get the best out of them. Plus, they will struggle defensively.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
12/13

13/14

14/15

13/14 for sure. They really should have win the league with that line up. The midfield three is brilliant. The front three are the perfect counter attackers with Ronaldo freakishly good.. Was Alonso not so good in the league due to age ?

gaucho_10

SocialRMadrid @SocialRMadrid
Follow

Bringing Falcao to Real Madrid was Jorge Mendes' obsession. He called the club every day and even leaked things to the media. [@jpedrerol]

6:12 PM - 2 Sep 2014

___

Follow

EcoDiario | Falcao's tweet was a strategy to put pressure on Real Madrid and not photoshop. A strategy from Jorge Mendes. Failed.

6:26 PM - 2 Sep 2014

___

Follow

Real Madrid, especially Florentino Pérez, are tired of [CR7's agent] Jorge Mendes. [Cadena COPE]

6:28 PM - 2 Sep 2014

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
If I was Ancelotti I'd be looking at playing Illarra, Kroos, Modric in midfield and forgetting that I have to play Ronaldo, James, Bale and Benzema all at the same time. However given Ancelotti, hero of the Decima, had no control over the summer transfers, he may not find it easy now he's "3 points in 2 games" Ancelotti.

gaucho_10

If I was Ancelotti I'd be looking at playing Illarra, Kroos, Modric in midfield and forgetting that I have to play Ronaldo, James, Bale and Benzema all at the same time.
It's either this or we won't be competing for trophies this season, except for the club world cup.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The gossip is flying. Another few points dropped and I can pretty much guarantee that Real(ity show) Madrid will be back in full soap opera action.

The Falcao thing has already been mentioned. I don't actually think there's much drama there. Real Madrid were tempted but not at the price and Benzema (for footballing and teacher's pet reasons) is a protected species.

Ronaldo's, "I wouldn't have done that," description of the squad changes has not gone down well with Perez. Perez fans say Ronaldo's just parroting Mendes' words. Perez opponents say Ronaldo is just talking (selfish) football sense.

Alonso (and Arbeloa) are supposed to have felt isolated in the Spain NT, partly due to Casillas (a post-Mourinho hangover). With Casillas having won the survival battle (for another year) at Madrid Alonso is supposed to have got tired of the politics and the marketing issues overriding the football ones.

All allegedly of course, and all built from who smiled at who in yesterday's training etc but then Spanish TV, radio, press need to make big mountains out of small molehills if they're going to be able to fill the broadcast hours and column inches.

Raul Madrid

The gossip is flying. Another few points dropped and I can pretty much guarantee that Real(ity show) Madrid will be back in full soap opera action.

The Falcao thing has already been mentioned. I don't actually think there's much drama there. Real Madrid were tempted but not at the price and Benzema (for footballing and teacher's pet reasons) is a protected species.

Ronaldo's, "I wouldn't have done that," description of the squad changes has not gone down well with Perez. Perez fans say Ronaldo's just parroting Mendes' words. Perez opponents say Ronaldo is just talking (selfish) football sense.

Alonso (and Arbeloa) are supposed to have felt isolated in the Spain NT, partly due to Casillas (a post-Mourinho hangover). With Casillas having won the survival battle (for another year) at Madrid Alonso is supposed to have got tired of the politics and the marketing issues overriding the football ones.

All allegedly of course, and all built from who smiled at who in yesterday's training etc but then Spanish TV, radio, press need to make big mountains out of small molehills if they're going to be able to fill the broadcast hours and column inches.
With all due respect, pretty much every club in the world would look like a circus with marca and the likes writing about them. I am sure marca would have a field day writing about united, especially with the likes of moyes, woodward and van gaal around the club in recent times. Barcelona were portrayed as a circus last year too. This stuff always comes out when a team is playing bad and also after a team was recently successful.

:houllier: Perez has fans? Wow!!!, now I have heard everything :lol: :p. I agree with what Ronaldo said though and if that is true about Alonso I do not blame him.

Last edited:

MUFCpiffgawd

12/13

13/14

14/15

James is not really the type of player you'd play behind Benzema from what i've seen so far.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
I wish Ancelotti would grow some balls and not just be Florentino's puppet. Altough we know what happens when you speak your mind at Madrid... (Mou)

I'm pretty sure if James flops and we end our season without a trophy, he'll be under immense pressure from the fans/members again. I guess some things never change.

PvsNP

I am pretty sure that if they don't win anything this season, Ancelotti will be gone.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Haha, at last! Have missed these kind of posts. Thanks for the summary.

A question: Apart from Ronaldo who else at Madrid is a Mendes client? James, too, I guess? If so, then strange they bought him despite wanting Mendes' influence reduced at Madrid. But then they also let one Mendes client go in Di Maria, so all even in the end I guess.

GodlovesUnited

I'm pretty sure if James flops and we end our season without a trophy, he'll be under immense pressure from the fans/members again. I guess some things never change.
Will James not be playing almost the same role di Maria played last season (starting somewhat centrally on the left of a midfield 3 and then running out into the flanks when Ronaldo drifts inside)? In that position he might not will the Balon d'Or or anything, but surely he's got the workrate and quality to do a job there.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Will James not be playing almost the same role di Maria played last season (starting somewhat centrally on the left of a midfield 3 and then running out into the flanks when Ronaldo drifts inside)? In that position he might not will the Balon d'Or or anything, but surely he's got the workrate and quality to do a job there.
That's what Ancelotti seems to want but I'm not sure James is capable of it - he doesn't have the engine Di María has that's needed to cover the huge distances he had to get through every game.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Think Coentrão and Pepe are Mendes clients too.
True! Maybe Marcelo too? So it looks even if RM want it desperately they out of all clubs just won't be able to cope without Mendes players, at least not as long as they keep buying "stars".

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Haha, at last! Have missed these kind of posts. Thanks for the summary.

A question: Apart from Ronaldo who else at Madrid is a Mendes client? James, too, I guess? If so, then strange they bought him despite wanting Mendes' influence reduced at Madrid. But then they also let one Mendes client go in Di Maria, so all even in the end I guess.
They have a site if you need more info, with an option to search his clients by the club: http://www.gestifute.com/gestifute/personalidades_clube.php?clube_pesquisa=123

So, as Bob said, Ronaldo, James, Pepe and Coentrao. There were more though, so I don't know what Perez is talking about - Di Maria, Carvalho, Mourinho at the same time.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
True! Maybe Marcelo too? So it looks even if RM want it desperately they out of all clubs just won't be able to cope without Mendes players, at least not as long as they keep buying "stars".
No, he isn't.