Real Madrid become first team to retain the CL

Cal?

CR7 fan
The only reason why Barca didn't win 3 CLs in a row was one of the best defending examples in the history of CL from Mourinho's Inter.
The only reason why Barca even won the 09 CL was because of the inept refereeing of Ovebro in the Scandal of Stamford Bridge.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
About 70 euros would be reasonable. Although of course I would like it to be even less but I somehow doubt it. :)
:lol: what? I think I paid 110 or 130 for a game against Sevilla a few seasons ago.

You are going to be in for a surprise I think.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
The only reason why Barca even won the 09 CL was because of the inept refereeing of Ovebro in the Scandal of Stamford Bridge.
Let's no go there again. Red for Ballack, a penalty for Henry from Bosingwa, no offside on Eto'o 1 on 1 with Cech on Camp Nou in the first leg. A lot of decisions went against Barca on Camp Nou. Who knows what would have happened with Barca 1-0 up and Chelsea with 10 men for 30 mins.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Football is weird, this Real Madrid couldn't beat the worst Barca team in years. It's just a proof that comparing great teams of the past with current ones is a fool's game.
Completely a agree, it's a pointless exercise.

Skills

Snitch
We should go for Madrid-some other club game then.. :nervous:
Go in September. I went this season, and they were around 40 euros.

Copa games are cheap as well (at least for Barcelona) - they cost me 25 euros in Nou Camp.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
No, park the bus is a word to disgrace a tactic which makes Barcas Philosophy is nulllified
No. It's a tactic which says: 'They're better. If we try to play, we're dead. Let's just kick the ball out and hope for the best'.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Let's no go there again. Red for Ballack, a penalty for Henry from Bosingwa, no offside on Eto'o 1 on 1 with Cech on Camp Nou in the first leg. A lot of decisions went against Barca on Camp Nou. Who knows what would have happened with Barca 1-0 up and Chelsea with 10 men for 30 mins.
Who knows, maybe Chelsea might draw the game with Messi missing a penalty like a couple of years later...

Ban

Go in September. I went this season, and they were around 40 euros.

Copa games are cheap as well (at least for Barcelona) - they cost me 25 euros in Nou Camp.
Yeah, friend from work told me she got a ticket for the last game of the season for 70 euros.

But 25 euros is even better. :D

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Let's agree to disagree. IMO the greatest is about winning the most.
OK. Then, by your own definition you should automatically accept that: a

a) 2008-09 Barca is the best team ever.
b) Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.

prtk0811

No. It's a tactic which says: 'They're better. If we try to play, we're dead. Let's just kick the ball out and hope for the best'.
No better at what ? keeping the ball without penetration? Goals is counted for determining a winner. You don't get a trophy and points for possession, haveing been scared to loose the ball and having being scared to take a risk in possession and keep playing safe in sideways and backwards for being scared of a squeaky bum time without the ball because a team don't know the art of defending. Saying if they get the ball
We're in trouble.

Regardless who's attack is too slow in transition claims bus parking when actually it's their fault of being sloe for penetration by not making attacking runs in space off the ball to play safe Al the time.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats man. You had the best team by far in Spain and Europe. Just let that Zidane chap coach our national team now plz :wenger:
Thanks. I thought you hated him?! :lol:

He's doing a fantastic job so far. Improved us after an already great first season. He's going to get a stadium named after him, you'll see.

MooseTheMooche

Best team in Europe this season clearly but ...

Madrid have won 1 league title in those 4 seasons, were about 30 seconds from not winning the CL in 2014 and won the 2016 one on penalties. They could easily be on 1 title and 1 CL in that time. Such fine margins and they've got the breaks at the right times in this competition. They are not on the same level as the Barcelona team, not even close IMO.
Although I agree with this, but it has to be said that in few years time no one will remember that they were "this close to losing," the only thing that counts is silverware in the trophy cabinet.

Cal?

CR7 fan
OK. Then, by your own definition you should automatically accept that: a

a) 2008-09 Barca is the best team ever.
b) Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.
a) is probably true, with some help from Ovebro as mentioned before
b) is almost definitely true

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Special shout out to the best keeper in the world, Navas should never be worried about his starting position at Madrid again.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Will be fun against them in the Super Cup.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
The good part in being a Barca fan is that if this result for Madrid doesn't motivate Barca next season, they all should have their salaries cut in half and donated for charity.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Barca team that won 5-0 in the clasico in 2010 would have done about the same to this Madrid team.
When mourinho screwed up. You could barely beat us, once, thanks in large part to a red card in the other 4 games, and that was an inferior madrid side than this

14/15 we swept you off the pitch at the bernabeu, and dominated for an hour at the camp nou, until suarez goal killed us(we were screwed by the injuries and fatigue in the second part of that season)

This season, we should've had two penalties at the camp nou and Messi ascended to Heaven at the Bernabeu. And we still could have won down 10 vs 11 and a goal

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Congrats, begrudgingly!

It's painful seeing how far ahead they are in Europe. I like to think that United are among the best, but they've done as much in Europe in four years as we've done in our entire existence. They are simply head and shoulders ahead in terms of achievements.

Hope we'll knock them off their perch one day :smirk:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
:lol: What influence are you talking about? Number of shirts sold ? Fanboys in internet chat rooms?

Just to be clear, I completely agree that we are probably the best supported club in the commonwealth. I live in a commonwealth country, so I would know!
Unfortunately, the number of countries in the commonwealth who produce top notch footballers who would want to play for United (or Liverpool) is a pittance. Contrast that with the south american countries where Madrid and Barca rule the roost. So while we might have the "most number of fans", the "most number of jerseys sold" etc, it counts very little towards success on the pitch.
I was talking strictly fandom. I did say they are the best.

prtk0811

The good part in being a Barca fan is that if this result for Madrid doesn't motivate Barca next season, they all should have their salaries cut in half and donated for charity.
Barca are in trouble finding a replacement for midfeild as good as Xavier iniesta and busquests is not a easy task.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Marcelo is the man for me, best fullback in world football, patrols the entire left hand side. He is so similar to Evra. Great player, and I hope he is remembered as such.

prtk0811

Barca can keep crying Juventus bus parking in second leg but Madrid showed them how to attack a deep sitting defense and penetrate rather than playing safe without penetration.

prtk0811

Congrats, begrudgingly!

It's painful seeing how far ahead they are in Europe. I like to think that United are among the best, but they've done as much in Europe in four years as we've done in our entire existence. They are simply head and shoulders ahead in terms of achievements.

Hope we'll knock them off their perch one day :smirk:
Firstly we have to stop them having a free pass at signing top players which fergie and Moyes and lvg gave.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Barca are in trouble finding a replacement for midfeild as good as Xavier iniesta and busquests is not a easy task.
I think it's more bad management than that. Look at Casemiro. Appeared from nowhere. Yes, he could be sent off once every 3 games, but he plays well. Xavi and Iniesta are atg in midfield. Replacing them just can't be done. Impossible.

We just bet everything on MSN and after two great seasons, we're seeing the end of that. It was short term to begin with but seems like some (Board and Lucho) didn't get the memo at the end of last season.

prtk0811

Marcelo is the man for me, best fullback in world football, patrols the entire left hand side. He is so similar to Evra. Great player, and I hope he is remembered as such.
It's gonna be Marcelo vs Valencia in super cup:devil: