Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The English system is very nice since it is based on the respect of the person, in his evolution.
It could be said that at the moment of truth it is only the coach and his players, without so much noise during the week.
I'm sure many here have read books about Ferguson, and surely there are scholars about his life and miracles.
Here the football theme is a constant hammer in conversations, radio, television. We are all trainers. Even my grandmother had something to say about Messi and Cristiano.
Maybe it's that people have grown like this.
I've heard from fans of different teams a lot of times "We need our own Ferguson" but people get tired too soon.
The only "but" that I see in the English model is that sometimes the owners are not intimately related to the team.
Ferguson is the right manager. Not the right system.

Just as perez is the right president. But not always the right system.

Swap perez with saf I'd say both teams would not achieve much. Some system and person are made for one club.

And we're always in the shadow of finding the next ferguson, the price for our success..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They did sign one in Mariano.

I saw plenty of him at Lyon. I thought he looked decent - potentially very good - but I never really had him down as becoming an elite striker. Maybe he'll come good, though. There's definitely potential there.
I mean, yeah, sure. But, not really, right?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I'm not really a Ronaldo fan but I was so used to seing him there... Now it looks as if they are just a "normal" big club, and lost part of their interest.

The man really is huge.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Those guys aren't the pinnacle of professionalism, they had a squad capable of winning more than 1 league title in the last 6 seasons with their depth and quality. Ronaldo had a point in what he said years ago, not about that particular moment, but if 6 of the starters had 2/3 of his hunger, that team could've gone in history at the level of our Pep team, maybe even better.

Instead 1 league title and they're yet to be found in the cup, they survive by showing up 5/6 times a year in the champions league legs, who was going to stop Ronaldo, Bale, James, Modric, Marcelo, Kroos or even Isco from reaching 90 points in la liga every year?. They made history at continental level, but with that squad, you could expect a treble season and some league/cup titles, instead of showing up in a couple games from February to May.
100% this, look at that team. One League title in 6 years?

It's Madrid though, you make them available.

200m on Kane would have done the trick, you'd think.
Spurs are a selling club, granted, but im not even sure 200mil would have done it for Kane. When the player agitates for a move things become a lot easier, but Kane seems settled and happy at Spurs. That I could see changing if they fail to qualify for CL, but as it stands they will be well in the mix again. And is he the right piece in the puzzle for RM, certainly not a 'flashy' RM style signing. Although I guess at this point in his career I dont think too many have doubts over his quality. His form is down this season, looks a bit run into the ground, no pre season, no breaks, but still somehow has racked up 5 goals.

With Lewandowski hitting that magical 30 number, who else is out there besides Kane? Aguero is happy at City, Mbappe still has some growing do and would be hard to prise away from PSG, Icardi maybe? PEA? Im not arguing they need an upgrade on Benzema, but who is available?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The cold hard truth is that against two Top sides Madrid has reaped 1 point out of 4, and zero goals, while Barça is still leader.

Of course, MARCA will tell you everything about Courtois' fantastic performance.

Mate, we don't live in an Orwellian universe. Fans have access to a huge amount of diverse information plus they are incredibly critical and certainly not (that) stupid. Right now MARCA talk about a clear crisis and about not pointing out at Lopetegui but higher (obviously Florentino). And if they talk about Barcelona -same points as Madrid- doing badly it's because they are comparatively worse than last season. And if they mention Courtois that's because he was indeed fantastic as was Oblak.

I say this because you talk about newspapers as if they had a role such an in WW2 or something. That time is long gone, mate.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid were missing Marcelo, Bale, Isco and Ramos yesterday.

The vibrations are not good at the moment, but those four alone really add a lot to a team.

Ekeke

The goal yesterday, of course Kroos needs to shoulder a lot of the blame giving it away in such a poor area but for someone that posters are championing as the best CB in the world, Varane got done by the striker too. He backed off, let the striker turn and get his shot away into the back of the net.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Any change of coach is always interesting, whoever it is, for the amount of news generated, changes and all that.
Historically Madrid signed sergeants after a soft so I do not rule out Conte.
Guti sounds great, but I also like the idea of seeing Xabi Alonso.

As @Inter Yer Nan says, I feel sorry for Lopetegui. He was brave to take Madrid without Zidane/Cris, and in the middle of a world cup, but the man is reading things wrong and the players do not help.
Ramos is beginning to have too much power.
Guti is a handsome bastard. Very likeable.

The season after Christiano left was always going to be tough. Yes, Perez didn't sign any big players, but the squad is still pretty good and all the problems can be fixed in one window. I think Perez took a gamble with Lopetegui, because Julen is going to trust players like Asensio, Isco, Ceballos, Benz and gives them the opportunity to show their value. I think the crucial issue are not just the results, but the way Real is playing. Its not that the team refuses to follow his instructions, but that his idea of football is terrible. He is the spanish van Gaal. Its all about save passing in midfield with all attackers dropping deep. There is no penetration, no vertical runs (with or without the balls) and no presence in the box. Real can play for a 1000 years and they won't score unless some individual is taking matters into his own hands. Thats why Bale looked pretty good, while you are lost without him: Bale is the only players who is showing any desire to score and he is playing very direct football (ignoring all the crap, that Lopetegui is clearly teaching the team).
While I wouldn't expect any wonders, whoever is going to replace Lopetegui, is going to do better than him by simply going back to "normal" football.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They did sign one in Mariano.

I saw plenty of him at Lyon. I thought he looked decent - potentially very good - but I never really had him down as becoming an elite striker. Maybe he'll come good, though. There's definitely potential there.
He's just someone for them to have back up for a year before they sign big next summer.

Real Madrid just lost their fear factor for now. Teams can set up knowing there's one less formidable attacker to mark out of the game, Bale could always get injured and Benzema is inconsistant. Isco injury not helped either.

Add in their defence is hardly a clean sheet machine and opposition has more chance this season if they set their team up correctly.

Trizy

Madrid were missing Marcelo, Bale, Isco and Ramos yesterday.

The vibrations are not good at the moment, but those four alone really add a lot to a team.
Didn't see the game but that's ridiculous. Marcelo and Ramos are the best in the world in their respected positions and Bale & Isco are definitely top 5 in theirs.

Those 4 feckers would probably transfer our team :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I didn’t watch the Madrid match, just poking some fun since I’ve been in plenty of arguments here over the importance of Ronaldo to Real Madrid in the past 3 years.
Injuries aside(Bale's was expected of course, Isco not so much), the main issues seem to a lack of fitness/form, and a strange lack of energy and hunger early on. We just start games way too relaxed.

Then all of that is compounded by Asensio being a let down, Benzema hitting his bad patch, Lopetegui's bizarre choices, and the team's inability so far to adopt a new playing style.

We keep the ball more, but ultimately we still play like we have Cristiano waiting in the box. Right now we're a worse version of last season's side. Even slower, just as bad mentally, just as incapable of defending, and just as bad at attacking. And we were bad with Cristiano. Right now we have Mariano in his place, who the manager doesn't even play in favour of Lucas who is in such form that anyone of me or @carvajal or @Vato or @Karappa could seriously do a better job than him right now

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Any change of coach is always interesting, whoever it is, for the amount of news generated, changes and all that.
Historically Madrid signed sergeants after a soft so I do not rule out Conte.
Guti sounds great, but I also like the idea of seeing Xabi Alonso.

As @Inter Yer Nan says, I feel sorry for Lopetegui. He was brave to take Madrid without Zidane/Cris, and in the middle of a world cup, but the man is reading things wrong and the players do not help.
Ramos is beginning to have too much power.
And historically, the sergeant fails badly, is replaced by another player friendly guy and we go on to win :lol:
They looked a team that needed to be evolved even last year, starting to look a little like the mid 00's Milan who saved their best for the latter stages of the CL.
I've been saying this while we were winning :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Guti is a handsome bastard. Very likeable.

The season after Christiano left was always going to be tough. Yes, Perez didn't sign any big players, but the squad is still pretty good and all the problems can be fixed in one window. I think Perez took a gamble with Lopetegui, because Julen is going to trust players like Asensio, Isco, Ceballos, Benz and gives them the opportunity to show their value. I think the crucial issue are not just the results, but the way Real is playing. Its not that the team refuses to follow his instructions, but that his idea of football is terrible. He is the spanish van Gaal. Its all about save passing in midfield with all attackers dropping deep. There is no penetration, no vertical runs (with or without the balls) and no presence in the box. Real can play for a 1000 years and they won't score unless some individual is taking matters into his own hands. Thats why Bale looked pretty good, while you are lost without him: Bale is the only players who is showing any desire to score and he is playing very direct football (ignoring all the crap, that Lopetegui is clearly teaching the team).
While I wouldn't expect any wonders, whoever is going to replace Lopetegui, is going to do better than him by simply going back to "normal" football.
I think Lopetegui is in the situation "imagine this Spanish national team with Cristiano".
A change that requires a lot of time and has to be imposed on a team that has been playing the same for 5 years (I think Zidane is something like a continuity of Ancelotti). Sending Vinicius to Castilla and not to use Mariano is a direct attack on Florentino. That is done when you have demonstrated something and have consideration. Zidane arrived repeating that the BBC would play yes or yes. Over time he could afford getting rid of James, sitting Bale and bursting Kepa's signing in front of the press. If you asked for a striker put Mariano. He is not Rodrigo but he seems to be telling the club that he is not good enough. That's why I think he's not handling the times well.
It's hard to say but in his situation I would try to buy some time and relax the system.
"You insist with Vinicius, he will play 90 minutes so you can see that he's very green", "you want goals, here you have Mariano,find out that he is not Harry Kane".
Strange rotations. He doesn't take advantage of the preseason of Reguilón and insists with Marcelo until he breaks
He wants Modric to rest after being already several times on the bench (at a time when he probably wants to play for the ballon dor) If that is the case and you trust your theory why does he travel to Moscow?
Also many players are bad. Asensio is the most disappointing.He has to assume another type of responsibility. I trust 100% in his talent but has to contribute much more.
Varane clueless, Ramos and Casemiro with free kicks...
Guti would be great,an strong character.I imagine some kind of Luis Enrique.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal Guti was my guy back in the summer, and y'all were saying he's too green :devil:

:D

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal Guti was my guy back in the summer, and y'all were saying he's too green :devil:

:D
I also liked Guti but I preferred Pochettino, but nothing happens. I take my opinion, I throw it away and I'll take yours :lol: but don't go to edit posts about Isco in some years :devil:.
The problem of Guti is that now would be seen as a risk for not having experience.
Now I see him more as the redeemer post sergeant.

Karappa

If it's true that Mourinho gets sacked at United this weekend and if we were to lose to Alaves today... ;) :D

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
4 games in a row without scoring a goal, first time it happens to Real Madrid since 1985.

7 hours of football without scoring a goal :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
4 games in a row without scoring a goal, first time it happens to Real Madrid since 1985.

7 hours of football without scoring a goal :lol:
You were right about this manager all along :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real problem is we depend almost entirely on the wingbacks as we're slow in midfield and none of our players get into the box. So without fbs providing width we're left with only one player in the box, usually benzema. And we don't have enough quality at pace to break through the middle against teams that defend like alaves did today, or dribblers who can create numerical superiority on their own. Throw in the fact we're in very poor form right now, the energy and fitness just isn't there, and it shows. We've been hit hard by injuries, but our form after the scintillating performance against roma took a dive off a cliff. And the manager's lineups and tweaks are making it worse. And there's some bad luck on top of that(hit the post 3 times against cska)

I still don't understand who's idea it was not to sign a backup for Marcelo, our single most important player

el3mel

4 games in a row without even scoring 1 goal. Ridiculous appointment of a manager.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
This is the worst Madrid I can remember in the last 10-15 years.

And where are the strikers? In the Calderon era Madrid at least had Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Higuain etc. Now it seems like nobody can score for the sake of it.

United Junkie

There's a madrid poster who said Lopetegui is better then Zidane. Whats his name again?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
You were right about this manager all along :lol:
I’ll love watching which job he unbelievably gets next.

Massively failed at Porto and got the Spanish NT job, then didn’t even make it to the damn World Cup because Real Madrid were interested... He must be incredible at doing job interviews.

The rot goes deeper than Lopetegui though and if he gets fired then you’ll probably have to take a chance on someone like Guti.

Lopetegui is Perez’s scapegoat so he’ll probably last until Christmas and then get the blame if you don’t end up winning anything.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Their secret to success has always been insanely talented full backs. They haven’t been firing so they look like an overly average team now

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I also have to say there is an incredible lack of hunger in many of the players. Modric, 32 years old, having just won The Best award and MVP in the WC, Varane WC champion, everyone having 4 CLs under their belt etc It's not a surprise that Odriozola ends up being the best player of the game at Madrid by far or that Mariano seems one of the few ones that look like caring.

Lopetegui hasn't done anything of credit to be at Madrid and he's only there because Zidane said he was leaving way too late.