Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You could see the cracks during Zidane's last season but somehow he carried them over the line with a champions league win.

Ronaldo gone, Zidane gone, Bale gets injured too often, Modric and Ramos getting old - I can see them dropping really far behind Barca in all honesty.

Even if they do sign Neymar or Mbappe it wont be easy to steer this ship on its track.

What about Barcelona? Messi is going to drop a few gears next season seeing as he doesn't have to keep up with Ronaldo anymore.

Tbf, people did think Barca were doomed when Neymar left and they still won the league.

I'd be wary of making categoric statements of this kind. This time last year Barcelona was supposed to be falling apart and in disarray after losing Neymar, and Real Madrid was predicted to win the league at a canter...

I think they'll cope fine with a year or two in "the wilderness" - this last Galactico round was money well spent. Some bumps along the way but, in the end, they got more than they could have ever realistically wished for.

No, they don't. The european domination is most likely over but they'll improve in the league regardless of what happens during the summer. If they manage things well they're starting the season as favourites to win the league.

Barcelona lost Neymar and signed Paulinho, loads of people said they were doomed and then walked to the title. Motivation will play a big part and this team will be very motivated to win the league after finishing miles behind last season and having a new manager in charge.

Who, Madrid? How do you figure?

Barcelona will be motivated to do much better in Europe after the past few years while for Madrid it will be the opposite. New manager, Zidane and Ronaldo gone... they'll want to impress and contrary to the usual Real Madrid teams it feels like a team that will do better domestically than in Europe. I think with Lopetegui they'll change their style to be more possession based and have less problems against the easier teams.

That's if they manage to sign the right players along with all of that and I think they will.

Barca are bad. A Mbappe or Neymar might tip the balance to Madrid. Ronaldo's early season form cost them any chance of the league last season

Obviously all depends on who they sign and how well the manager will fit in. If they'll get Hazard and that is a real possibility, then they could be fine, even better in terms of league result. Well, the last season was a bust, mind you.
As for CL, of course it's hard to see them defend the title again. But ultimately don't think their result would be 'terrible'.

They do need to reshuffle their attack, not only to replace Ronaldo, but also sign a CF.

They'll be mostly fine. Bit of transition but they'll still be top 3 in the league and competing for the CL. Though don't expect they'll win the CL for a while now. Remember, we lost Ronaldo in 2009 and then in the 4 seasons after that won 2 league titles and were a combined 1 point behind the winners in the 2 seasons we missed out. Didn't exactly crumble.

You could see the cracks during Zidane's last season but somehow he carried them over the line with a champions league win.

lol

That's some definition of carrying a team over the line

A Real without Ronnie will be so fecking weird. It depends who they replace him with and who else they bring in.

Isn't Benzema also leaving? It's crazy to see so many changes in one season for the CL winners.

Knee-jerk reaction, should wait until atleast you see the signings they make and how the team reacts to Ronaldo leaving.

I agree OP, bet they'll only reach the semis of the CL this time around. HA! Take that, you hanky wavy cnuts.

So you are telling us that Real wont win next years CL? :mad:

Meh, we could field the 1970 brazil team next season and we'd still not win the CL.

The league's where it's at. We'll be better there

They had a terrible season last season and were saved by cl win.

Losing CR wont make a difference to them in the league. The problem now is can they save thier sub par season with the cl like theyve done in the last 3/4 seasons.

They are one good goalscorer short of still being UCL/Liga contenders.

Lewandowski,Kane,Salah,Icardi any of these would do the trick.

If Bale stays fit and their marquee signing hits the ground running, they’ll be fine

RM have a couple of issues, you just cannot rely on Bale, even at Spurs he was never injury free. Benzema has seen his form dip and there is no real available replacements on the market. RM have not had a splurge in a while and have the Ronaldo money, but who do you buy? Lewandowski seems settled at Bayern, Kane is sold on the Spurs project for the forseeable future, as far as out and out strikers go that leaves Icardi, Cavani?

The fans probably expect a 'galactico' style signing to replace CR7, not too sure that one is available. Maybe Hazard.

They still have a lot of quality all over the pitch, just up top might be a little light if Bale is out for an extended period with injury.

Barcelona will be motivated to do much better in Europe after the past few years while for Madrid it will be the opposite. New manager, Zidane and Ronaldo gone... they'll want to impress and contrary to the usual Real Madrid teams it feels like a team that will do better domestically than in Europe. I think with Lopetegui they'll change their style to be more possession based and have less problems against the easier teams.

That's if they manage to sign the right players along with all of that and I think they will.

So you're saying Ronaldo was holding them back in the league?

Defense and Midfield are still tremendous and they still have Bale, Asensio, Isco, Vinicius, Lucas Vasquez and Benzema to choose from in attack.

I think there is hope that Asensio can step up along with everybody playing as more of a team rather than relying on Ronaldo to score the goals. It's not inconceivable Benzema bounces back to a +20 goal season and the others chip in with extra goals. It's worth remembering that wonderful though Ronaldo is he has tremendous service from the rest of that team and somebody else will be in the position to finish instead. They may not have his conversion rate but they should score plenty.

RM have a couple of issues, you just cannot rely on Bale, even at Spurs he was never injury free. Benzema has seen his form dip and there is no real available replacements on the market. RM have not had a splurge in a while and have the Ronaldo money, but who do you buy? Lewandowski seems settled at Bayern, Kane is sold on the Spurs project for the forseeable future, as far as out and out strikers go that leaves Icardi, Cavani?

The fans probably expect a 'galactico' style signing to replace CR7, not too sure that one is available. Maybe Hazard.

They still have a lot of quality all over the pitch, just up top might be a little light if Bale is out for an extended period with injury.

When it comes to Real Madrid, unlike us where everyone including me is hoping for the best but expecting the worst, we should really wait until the window has closed. They could «easily» finish this window with Courtois, Hazard and Icardi/Lewandowski - making them the best team on paper again. Modric and Ramos might be older, but they will still be amongst the best and still be the biggest winners.

Courtois, Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Hazard, Bale and Lewandowski.... yeah, totally going to have an average season this lot :lol: And there’s Asensio, Kovacic, Benzema and Isco on the bench.

I agree OP, bet they'll only reach the semis of the CL this time around. HA! Take that, you hanky wavy cnuts.

The hanky wavy is what separates Real Madrid from the rest.

You lot just clap at everything as long as there's club's crest on the shirt. Blind loyalty is the name of the game.

Players in EPL really have it easy and that's why you're where you are and Real Madrid are where they are.

The hanky wavy is what separates Real Madrid from the rest.

You lot just clap at everything as long as there's club's crest on the shirt. Blind loyalty is the name of the game.

Players in EPL really have it easy and that's why you're where you are and Real Madrid are where they are.

And there was me thinking sarcasm was self evident.