Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Real Madrid actually looked the better team today. Barca just scored on all 3 chances they created. Bale is definitely gone next year though. He looks fed up. He's probably their best player but doesn't get the respect he deserves. Viniscous looks really good too. And how shit is Ramos. WTF was he doing on that second goal? I know I've said that he should be a DM and not a centre half, but that doesn't mean he should try and be a DM while he's playing centre half. Gets himself caught out of position time and time again. Most over rated defender I have ever seen...

El Presidente

Just seen the highlights from the Classico. How do you lose 3-0 a game that you should have won 6-0? Vinicius missed at least three sitters. Also, Barca scoring three goals at the Bernabeu with 2 shots on target :lol: you can’t make this up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Barcelona will get found out soon. Been riding their luck all season. Valverde needs the sack.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They still have a very strong core of young players
Yes they do. Quite a few older players need to be put out to pasture though. Team in transition. For me they need to replace Benzema, Marcelo, Bale and Modric plus Ronaldo from last year. They can partly do with kids.

I think they'll try and get Poch as manager, and go for Eriksen, probably Mbappe and maybe offer us Bale and cash for Hazard. Bale is on huge money and could be difficult to sell if they wanted to. Plus maybe Lo Celso and one or two other lower profile players.

zkap

Supports
Barça
Barcelona will get found out soon. Been riding their luck all season. Valverde needs the sack.
The team's been found out for quite a while now (last season, Roma). The only people who are yet to find this team out are people who don't watch us play.

Not impressed by Vinicius.

Total lack of accuracy. Gross.
I agree. I see some are praising him as the next big thing, they may be right for all I know, but at the moment if Madrid is going to have a goalscoring chance, I'd rather the ball falls to Vinicius.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
The team's been found out for quite a while now (last season, Roma). The only people who are yet to find this team out are people who don't watch us play.

I agree. I see some are praising him as the next big thing, they may be right for all I know, but at the moment if Madrid is going to have a goalscoring chance, I'd rather the ball falls to Vinicius.
At least Vinicius shows something special, when it comes to Reguilon he's getting a lot of praise because no one counted on him, to the point that it sounds he had an epic game.

He gets the job done often in defense and has good awareness to attack at the space, but when he's on the rival area it's lights out for him. Madrid have two highways on the wings (that's something structural for their team now, Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro and Varane & Ramos' passing range do a lot of things to create central superiority) and their left wing are surprising a lot of people since barely no one expected what Reguilon and Vinicius are doing, but still they're extremely limited, one with finishing and the other with anything that involves more than running forward.

Stiliyan

Supports
Real Madrid
Isco recovered from injury but didn't make it in the squad.

Of course there will be praise for Vinicius, the boy because he is 18 years old almost single-handedly turned our season. And of course he won't remain so wasteful, I am sure that he will improve his finishing soon.

gaucho_10

and their left wing are surprising a lot of people since barely no one expected what Reguilon and Vinicius are doing, but still they're extremely limited, one with finishing and the other with anything that involves more than running forward.
The only reason Semedo stayed on the pitch on Wedneseday is because for some unexplainable reason he didn't get a yellow when he bodychecked Reguilon. Those two totally destroyed him over and over again, but Vinicius just can't score so Barca got away with it and no one is talking about it today.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If they lose today surely he'll be sacked, right?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
What is the fanbase saying in terms of Mourinho back?
There is too much divergence regarding Mourinho. He had both very strong defenders and detractors at Real Madrid. I believe Florentino and JAS are big fans of him though, so that might prove decisive in the end.

Personally I would prefer someone new to be in charge. Someone like Pochettino, Allegri or Low. But I think it's more important to get the new players right, especially the forwards.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Is the prevailing feeling that he’ll be gone after this season, regardless?
Yes, more likely than not that's what it's going to happen, unless something very extraordinary and positive happens.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There is too much divergence regarding Mourinho. He had both very strong defenders and detractors at Real Madrid. I believe Florentino and JAS are big fans of him though, so that might prove decisive in the end.

Personally I would prefer someone new to be in charge. Someone like Pochettino, Allegri or Low. But I think it's more important to get the new players right, especially the forwards.
Yeah, I could see Pochettino going there in the summer. We are certainly giving the job to Ole and Spurs aren't going anywhere. He'll have to stop dressing like Simeone though if he gets the job :cool:

Member 115509

Just about to watch the Real-Barca game soon, I think a heavy defeat for Real tonight will spark a reaction from the home fans, a win would give them at least some hope of turning the season around, but it's looking forlorn at this stage.
Mourinho might be heading back to Real soon enough, but I think it would be a bad move, he might drag them down even further.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why ? No point for that. They won't bring anyone world beater now. Just finish the season as it's and they can think in summer.
They do get mightily angry when they lose at home to Barca and they are quite trigger happy and emotional, but you're probably right..

el3mel

Mourinho has been defending his Madrid stint a lot recently. I think he's definitely back or at least have been already contacted.

el3mel

They do get mightily angry when they lose at home to Barca and they are quite trigger happy and emotional, but you're probably right..
They'll get angry but sacking him to bring another temporary manager for 3 months isn't worth the shot. It'll just prove he's not getting the job next summer.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mourinho has been defending his Madrid stint a lot recently. I think he's definitely back or at least have been already contacted.
Was finishing 2nd to Barca better than finishing second to Man. City?:D

I still think Inter is more likely if he's going back to an ex.

el3mel

Was finishing 2nd to Barca better than finishing second to Man. City?:D

I still think Inter is more likely if he's going back to an ex.
I think he did pretty well in the first stent there. Winning the league was great and they were a bit unlucky in CL. Won't classify it as a failure. His last season there was crap though, similar to his last season with Chelsea and us. Mind us if he had left this summer and never managed us this season, his last 2 seasons would have been classified as pretty decent. His last season in the 3 clubs destroyed everything.

Not sure about his chances with the current Madrid squad though. As someone already said the squad is getting younger and the big authority there are in their last days as players. They look like they need a rebuild. Will be hard for him to apply his tactics with the younger groups.

His chances with Inter will be higher to succeed but I think he'll risk it with Madrid.

Sigma

I think Solari has done a pretty good job, Surprised at the talk of sacking him here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's 18 and vast majority of chances we do create involve him making stuff up from nothing. He's no Mbappé, sure, but nothing special? Come on

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Jupp Heynckes got fired after winning the CL
The beginning of the end for Lorenzo Sanz. He didn't survive a terrible 98-99 season, not even after another UCL in 2000 with Del Bosque: people voted for Floren in the elections.

Firing Solari if he actually manages to win this UCL would be unacceptable.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
What happened to Isco and Asensio?
I might be wrong but Asensio doesn't seem too focused on his profession.

Isco had a few clashes with Solari it seems, so he has barely played this season under him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I might be wrong but Asensio doesn't seem too focused on his profession.

Isco had a few clashes with Solari it seems, so he has barely played this season under him.
Isco also has problems being professionnal. That's why Zidane didn't rely on him, it didn't start with Solari.