Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Real's to lose really.

If they turn up in the mood, their midfield and defence is far better than Liverpool's, they can keep Liverpool's attack at bay while giving them far more problems with their attacking.

While trying to keep a neutral hat on for a second; Liverpool are pretty awesome at home with the crowd behind them etc but their away performances have not filled me with any confidence that away from home, in a one off game that they can keep RM at bay for sustained periods and not concede. The front three will need to be serviced with such quality but I don't think that Henderson and Milner can quite match Kroos and Modric. The subs they can bring on too...eek!

Liverpool will probably score but Can't see beyond a RM win

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid are going to set up exactly like Liverpool want them to. They will try to dominate possession and they will be vulnerable to counters with Salah having loads of space behind Marcelo, it's just a matter of if they're good enough to win it like that or not.

This can go similarly to how Liverpool beat City at Anfield, the only difference is Madrid won't shit their pants if they go down. It's one game, impossible to make prediction but I'm not expecting an easy Madrid win at all.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Win/loss ratio in Champions League and European Cup finals (of past winners with 3 or more final apps):

Real Madrid (4)
Liverpool (2.5)
Ajax (2)
AC Milan (1.75)
Barca (1.6)
Manchester United (1.5)
Inter Milan (1.5)
Bayern Munich (1)
Benfica (0.4)
Juventus (0.3)
That's not a ratio...very confusing

Utd's would be 1:2

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We don't want to do that because we're bad at it and liverpool are the faster, more physical team. We are not United, we're not built to keep things tight and cagey, we are built to pummel teams into submission via prolonged possession and slow ever-increasing pressure on their defence. We are at our best when we pin teams back deep into their box for 10-15 minutes straight and start picking them apart. Or when we manage to play through a high pressing line and create 5-6 men attacking transitions

We are pretty bad at defending our box, we're dreadful at defending the wings and outright inept at tracking runs into the half spaces. We're not going to win duels in midfield, we're not going to control the second balls and 50/50 balls, those are all things we are bad at

We are not United. We won't play like United. We can't play like United
I don'd think you need to play exactly like us, but to not pay attention to how we cut of space behind our back line could be dangerous. Look at what Liverpool did to both City and Roma. Both essentially set up the way you've described and were taken apart. I'd back you over those two clubs to handle Liverpool better at this, but when you know Liverpool effectively only have one way of attacking, why allow them this option in the first place? You do want to utilise their press as you have the players in midfield to exploit this, a deeper line in theory is better for this as it allows you to break more effectively.

Just hope you start Casemiro over Kovacic and that Carvajal can come back in for you. Not starting Benzema could be an issue too if Zidane goes with Bale, although I'd be surprised if this one happened though. This game will be billed as the battle between Ronaldo and Salah on an individual level. Whoever is able to affect the game most out of those two will likely be on the winning side.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid are going to set up exactly like Liverpool want them to. They will try to dominate possession and they will be vulnerable to counters with Salah having loads of space behind Marcelo, it's just a matter of if they're good enough to win it like that or not.

This can go similarly to how Liverpool beat City at Anfield, the only difference is Madrid won't shit their pants if they go down. It's one game, impossible to make prediction but I'm not expecting an easy Madrid win at all.
And it's not at Anfield. Good post

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Indeed, I actually think Liverpool will get an early lead and Real will win it 2-1

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
So how are we gonna look at Jurgen Flopp when he wins the champions league, will we finally admit he will have done well when brought a major trophy home which Mourinho might never get for us with his negative and outdated football? I would absolutely hate Liverpool to win it but maybe we would finally get that well needed kick up our ass...it went all too comfortable for us with the last win the premier league and the 20th title...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don'd think you need to play exactly like us, but to not pay attention to how we cut of space behind our back line could be dangerous. Look at what Liverpool did to both City and Roma. Both essentially set up the way you've described and were taken apart. I'd back you over those two clubs to handle Liverpool better at this, but when you know Liverpool effectively only have one way of attacking, why allow them this option in the first place? You do want to utilise their press as you have the players in midfield to exploit this, a deeper line in theory is better for this as it allows you to break more effectively.

Just hope you start Casemiro over Kovacic and that Carvajal can come back in for you. Not starting Benzema could be an issue too if Zidane goes with Bale, although I'd be surprised if this one happened though. This game will be billed as the battle between Ronaldo and Salah on an individual level. Whoever is able to affect the game most out of those two will likely be on the winning side.
Liverpool destroyed city and roma at anfield. And City were tearing them apart at home. Roma beat them 4-2. Ultimately we want the ball, and to play in liverpool's half. That means our line will have to push up. Sitting deep and cutting off space behind the defence means severely hampering our attack. And on top of that, this season we're still very easy to break through even when we sit deep. It's not unthinkable that Zidane might try to keep things tight and even in the first half -pretty much almost giving up on attacking- and then have a go at them in the second, when in theory they should be tired and thus slower, but our biggest advantage is experience. Hit them early and they might just capitulate. I don't see Zidane giving that up. Liverpool can keep up the same pace and intensity as bayern for as long as bayern did, we don't want them to feel comfortable. We got extremely lucky against bayern, i don't see us banking on blind luck again.

No, the game will likely be decided by liverpool's energy. If they bring their anfield game we're in trouble. If they bring their away game we should beat them comfortably

Nick7

So how are we gonna look at Jurgen Flopp when he wins the champions league, will we finally admit he will have done well when brought a major trophy home which Mourinho might never get for us with his negative and outdated football? I would absolutely hate Liverpool to win it but maybe we would finally get that well needed kick up our ass...it went all too comfortable for us with the last win the premier league and the 20th title...
Does this stuff not get boring to you? There are countless whining threads you could post this is, try there.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Does this stuff not get boring to you? There are countless whining threads you could post this is, try there.
People are too sure Real wins and yeah and it still bothers me we scored one goal in 190 mins against poor Sevilla, and why do you care in the first place, people are whining everywhere, it is not OT and genuine question with a bit of a dig on Mourinho, nothing more;-)

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
That's not a ratio...very confusing

Utd's would be 1:2
X ratio = X wins for every loss.

If your win/loss ratio is 4 it means that for every loss you've won 4 times, if the ratio is 1 (like Bayern) it means that for every loss they've won once, ratios under 1 (Benfica/Juve) mean more losses than wins in finals.

It shows that in CL/EC finals the current finalists have got the best results, historically speaking, with Real having almost double the ratio of Pool (twice wins for each loss in finals, compared to Pool).

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
I worry for the sanity of some people on here should Liverpool win the final, especially for those who are in complete denial about the possibility screaming about refs and luck and an easy run.

The bottom line is that both teams are deadly going forward and capable of being shambolic at the back. If you've been watching both teams then it really won't be a surprise if we beat Madrid or vice versa.

Madrid are rightly favourites but the head in the sand act of some people is a bit pathetic really.

1 things for sure, if we win I won't be posting about it until I'm sure it's safe to do so to avoid the overreaction that will no doubt occur on here towards some people, although some will deserve what they end up getting.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I worry for the sanity of some people on here should Liverpool win the final, especially for those who are in complete denial about the possibility screaming about refs and luck and an easy run.

The bottom line is that both teams are deadly going forward and capable of being shambolic at the back. If you've been watching both teams then it really won't be a surprise if we beat Madrid or vice versa.

Madrid are rightly favourites but the head in the sand act of some people is a bit pathetic really.

1 things for sure, if we win I won't be posting about it until I'm sure it's safe to do so to avoid the overreaction that will no doubt occur on here towards some people, although some will deserve what they end up getting.
The only thing for sure if you win is that you won’t be posting ever again.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
The only thing for sure if you win is that you won’t be posting ever again.
No idea if you'e being serious or not but that is what I'm worried about. I'm not here to gloat or wind up opposition fans cos I don't see the point in it.

Like I said, some no doubt will if we win and they can't argue if they do get banned for it.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
No idea if you'e being serious or not but that is what I'm worried about. I'm not here to gloat or wind up opposition fans cos I don't see the point in it.

Like I said, some no doubt will if we win and they can't argue if they do get banned for it.
Me and @golden_blunder are going to have a competition of who can ban the most Liverpool fans. I think some Barca & Bayern fans might get caught in the collateral too but these things happen.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Me and @golden_blunder are going to have a competition of who can ban the most Liverpool fans. I think some Barca & Bayern fans might get caught in the collateral too but these things happen.
Well it'll be a shame, though seeing as we'd have won if it happens I'll take it as a consolation. :D

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Real nailed on here. Liverpool similar to the United run of 10/11...all good getting to the final but then you face an opponent just a level above. Real will be possessed.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We don't want to do that because we're bad at it and liverpool are the faster, more physical team. We are not United, we're not built to keep things tight and cagey, we are built to pummel teams into submission via prolonged possession and slow ever-increasing pressure on their defence. We are at our best when we pin teams back deep into their box for 10-15 minutes straight and start picking them apart. Or when we manage to play through a high pressing line and create 5-6 men attacking transitions

We are pretty bad at defending our box, we're dreadful at defending the wings and outright inept at tracking runs into the half spaces. We're not going to win duels in midfield, we're not going to control the second balls and 50/50 balls, those are all things we are bad at

We are not United. We won't play like United. We can't play like United
I feel like you've been trying to make people understand the last line for quite a while now :lol::lol:.
It's the same as the Ashley young thing. It's like people have absolutely no sense of different styles tactics and formations. For instance even if it is the best way to kill a game and beat side we can't out possession teams like city. We can only play the way we've been trained to be most effective. If that isn't sufficient then you gotta buy players who fit the plan better.
Madrid will play their way they aren't going to double up on and Salah sit deep.

One thing I am worried about is the diving and niggly aspect of Madrid.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool destroyed city and roma at anfield. And City were tearing them apart at home. Roma beat them 4-2. Ultimately we want the ball, and to play in liverpool's half. That means our line will have to push up. Sitting deep and cutting off space behind the defence means severely hampering our attack. And on top of that, this season we're still very easy to break through even when we sit deep. It's not unthinkable that Zidane might try to keep things tight and even in the first half -pretty much almost giving up on attacking- and then have a go at them in the second, when in theory they should be tired and thus slower, but our biggest advantage is experience. Hit them early and they might just capitulate. I don't see Zidane giving that up. Liverpool can keep up the same pace and intensity as bayern for as long as bayern did, we don't want them to feel comfortable. We got extremely lucky against bayern, i don't see us banking on blind luck again.

No, the game will likely be decided by liverpool's energy. If they bring their anfield game we're in trouble. If they bring their away game we should beat them comfortably
We've had two away legs after comprehensive home victories. Why would we take our 110mph game to grounds where we are already protecting 3 goal leads? The mindset changes, deliberately or otherwise. What you do need to know is in Europe when we are starting games at 0-0 we play differently, home or away.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Jesus. So, now Jose gets stick for other teams results which he can't control. We lost against Sevilla, get over it. It happens.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I can't believe Liverpool are actually in the CL final.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I still can’t imagine Henderson lifting the European cup. I find the idea of that happening too ridiculous.

Nick7

People are too sure Real wins and yeah and it still bothers me we scored one goal in 190 mins against poor Sevilla, and why do you care in the first place, people are whining everywhere, it is not OT and genuine question with a bit of a dig on Mourinho, nothing more;-)
Because it's boring shit posting that's clogging up completely unrelated threads.

frodly

12 or 13 is almost the same bro, makes not difference at all for you.

Yes, plenty of times. He is very good defending, when he wants tomdefend hahaha.

Although this season, and specially vs Juve and Bayern, it looked like more like he was a winger and he didn't wanted to track back.

If he plays like that Madrid will have trouble, but I think he will be much more implicated on defense in the final.

So you played Di Stefano's Madrid? :eek: Wow! Welcome to the future!! Hahaha.

All the world football thinks he is actually better than Messi, that is why he has won 4 of the last 5 Ballon D'ors and the 2 Fifa Best Player, all decided by the Managers, Captains and Journalists all around the world. The problem is that Barca fans and anti Madrid fans will always deny it.

Won it once and in other one they were 1 point from winning it, thanks to the great Rafa Benitez which was awful and left Madrid 10 points behind Barcelona. Once Zidane took the team Madrid shortened that diference to only 1 point. And the team that is talked as one of the best teams ever is Zidane's Madrid bro.

Barcelona 3 consecutive Leagues were very easy to win, considering the strongest teams in Spain in that time were Valencia, Sevilla (Atletico de Madrid were almost always playing the UEFA Cup) and shittiest Madrid team ever, that was thrashed by teams like Lyon, Roma, Arsenal, Liverpool 6 years in a row and wasn't even one of the 8 top of the group teams in the competition because they couldn't even get past the Round of 16 in any of that 6 years.

That team has players like Salgado, Heinze, both Lass and Mahmadou Diarra, Gago, De La Red, Parejo, Drenthe, Faubert, Huntelaar, etc. Their star was a crystal Robben that got injured more than Gareth Bale of today.

Its a big difference to win that teams than to win Messi's Barca with Messi, Neymar (bar this year) Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Coutinho, Dembele, Alba, Dani Alves, etc, and vs the best Atletico de Madrid in the history, that played in 2 UCL Finals in 4 years, and didn't got there the other 2 because they were eliminated by Madrid in Semis and Quarterfinals.

Also they only won 2 UCL in 4 seasons (first one they got to the final thanks to the Stanford Bridge Scandal, and in the second one they got the Arsenal and Madrid scandals).

Even with that said, they only won 2 UCL in 4 years, and this Madrid is about to win 4 UCLs in 5 years. The same UCLs Barca has won in all this century.

Only if you watched football from 2008 to 2012 bro.

The best team in the world was Di Stefano's Real Madrid won 5 UCLs in a row (European Cups) and 6 in 7 years.

We also have Beckenbauer's Bayern, Cruyff's Ajax, Sacci's Milan, and of course this Madrid that can win 4 of the last 5 UCLs, just to say some lther historic teams.

So that Barca side are far from being the best team ever. Still, they are one of the most dominant teams ever for sure.
You think the pet club of fascist dictatorship should be considered the greatest club side of all time? Even if they were great at football, they were the pet club of fascist dictatorship. I'm not in any way trying to inject politics into anything, I think we should all be able to unequivocally agree that fascist dictatorship is bad. As a Liverpool supporter, I clearly don't wish United well, but I would never want to see them relegated. Just an eternity of 10th place and a 0% record against us. I value the passion and excitement of the derby too much to see United go away. Alternatively, I would like to see Real Madrid relegated, placed into administration and they cease to exist. They are an awful club with an awful history.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You think the pet club of fascist dictatorship should be considered the greatest club side of all time? Even if they were great at football, they were the pet club of fascist dictatorship. I'm not in any way trying to inject politics into anything, I think we should all be able to unequivocally agree that fascist dictatorship is bad. As a Liverpool supporter, I clearly don't wish United well, but I would never want to see them relegated. Just an eternity of 10th place and a 0% record against us. I value the passion and excitement of the derby too much to see United go away. Alternatively, I would like to see Real Madrid relegated, placed into administration and they cease to exist. They are an awful club with an awful history.
As a united fan I’d laugh my bollox off if Liverpool got relegated

montpelier

RAWK reckoned once upon a time that Madrid's first six or seven wins ought not to count.

Something to do with proper Euro footy not starting before England won the World Cup in 1966 or something.

ti vu

RAWK reckoned once upon a time that Madrid's first six or seven wins ought not to count.

Something to do with proper Euro footy not starting before England won the World Cup in 1966 or something.
Good. Keeping motivate these Madrid players to make history, RAWK likely wouldn't disappoint us after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.