Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Its annoying how badly Spanish fans travel, particularly given the size of their two biggest clubs.
The neutral seats will for the most part be taken by Liverpool fans. Might not be much, but little things like that can definitely help to influence the atmosphere/game.
Given Real's form in front of their fans compared to in away games in the CL, it's probably good thing.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
Speak for yourself, clearly you didn't see our masterclass at home to Sevilla in the last 16.
Self analysis is always the best humour. I really fancy us to win this despite the knowledge that average players can sh!te bricks under pressurised moments. Expect Lovern to induce a brain fart and gift Ronaldo a tap in. Expect the footballing poweress of Modric and Kroos to pass through our mobile cone machines who will press, press, press.
And yet, despite all, I still expect our front 3 to put Madrid to the sword. Defies logic really.

HorrorFan07

A final means form goes out of the window. In a one-off game Liverpool can smash anyone so write them off at your peril.

I think there's a lot of serious underestimating of Liverpool going on.. but that is just how Klopp likes he, with Dortmund and now Liverpool the underdog tag is where his team thrives.. no pressure while he can waltz into Kiev as the underdog to try to mastermind a shock of all shocks.

Reactions: golden_blunder

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
There is an aspect that makes me gain some optimism, which is both Benzema and Bale have been showing considerable improvement lately.

A good Benzema really adds a lot in terms of playmaking and ball retention, and if he plays well he makes Madrid's game way more fluid and solid. Midfielders have an extra reference near them and Ronaldo has great understanding with him, so he really influences Madrid greatly.

Bale is a super player in my opinion, I think he's extremely underrated now because he normally has two faces, and the one having more weight this year is the bad one. The important thing is, if he manages to play two good games in a row he normally recovers confidence and becomes a really scary player.

While Klopp is really a genius at punishing the rival's mistakes, I'm really curious to know what he will do to try nullify some of Madrid's weapons in attack. I can see him man mark Kroos, for instance, to try disturb Madrid's left side and collect the benefits with Salah and co., but what about the rest? How to stop Isco or Benzema? What about Carvajal or Bale?

At times I wonder why fans make direct comparisons between Manchester City and Madrid, based on the fact both teams are very comfortable on possession. Imo City's attack is very shaped by Guardiola's lab patterns, and Madrid's is more chaotic and malleable, which means City is more predictable than Madrid. That's why I'm eager to see which specific responses Klopp will prepare to counter Madrid and try to denaturalize it.

Cal?

CR7 fan
A final means form goes out of the window. In a one-off game Liverpool can smash anyone so write them off at your peril.

I think there's a lot of serious underestimating of Liverpool going on.. but that is just how Klopp likes he, with Dortmund and now Liverpool the underdog tag is where his team thrives.. no pressure while he can waltz into Kiev as the underdog to try to mastermind a shock of all shocks.
"A final means form goes out of the window" that's just a tried cliche which isn't true.

2012–13 Bayern Munich 2–1 Borussia Dortmund
2013–14 Real Madrid 4–1 AET Atlético Madrid
2014–15 Barcelona 3–1 Juventus
2015–16 Real Madrid *1–1 Atlético Madrid
2016–17 Real Madrid 4–1 Juventus

The favourites won every single time in the last 5 years, even if you look further back, there was Chelsea in the last 10 years, which suggests it's more the shock than the norm.

As for how Klopp likes it, when was the last time he actually won a final? :lol:

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
I've given this a lot of thought recently. I think we will beat Madrid, provided we do not let the ocassion get to us.
This team has matured in the past few months imo and our perfomance vs City especially in the 2nd half of leg 2 leads me to believe we can remain composed even if the tide is against. I now believe in this team.

I think we will start off nervous first 10 or so minutes before we grow into the game. We will certainly respect Real but not fear them. Our best chance is outrunning them and making them play at a tempo they are simply not used to playing and forcing mistakes. TAA will need to have the game of his life against Marcelo, Real's most threatening player. He will get a of help from Milner/ Firmino/Salah depending on how we set up. Their RB whoever it is will have to deal with Mane, who really impressed me in the 2nd leg vs Roma. He has taken on a lot of responsibility since Coutinho left.

We are probably the two luckiest teams in this competition but hoping luck is with us this time. Hopefully the officials don't decide the match.

It's important that this finishes in 90 mins because if it gets to extra time we will more than likely lose. They quality will show, and they also have a much better squad to change things. Outside of our first 11 (which is already patched up as it is) we have nothing.

I'm a little worried that getting to the final is an achievment in itself for our players whereas for Madrid the achievment is the actual trophy not competing for it. If we win at least we will have something to show when you show your FA Cup. United is definitely winning the final against Chelsea because 1)Chelsea is crap 2)Mourinho simply doesnt lose games like these.

Kapardin

Yes so enjoyable watching a team like Madrid win it three times in a row and being so far ahead of us we just seem like ants.

Liverpool losing would be funny, but i wouldnt enjoy seeing that shithole Madrid lifting another european title
Who cares, we have no direct rivalry with Real. I would totally enjoy watching them lift that trophy after beating Liverpool. Would be grateful even.:)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
@Bergman so it's you who had jinxed us this morning. :rolleyes: Mane is injured. :(

Not sure of the extent yet but without ALL of our front three, and zero bench options to speak of, we won't beat Madrid.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
@Bergman so it's you who had jinxed us this morning. :rolleyes: Mane is injured. :(

Not sure of the extent yet but without ALL of our front three, and zero bench options to speak of, we won't beat Madrid.
Pearce broke the news last night I think. Apparently something minor. So here's hoping.

I agree wholeheartedly. We'll need Mane. Next in line will be Ings. Jesus.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Pearce broke the news last night I think. Apparently something minor. So here's hoping.

I agree wholeheartedly. We'll need Mane. Next in line will be Ings. Jesus.
Ings in a champions league final... Imagine that.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
As already mentioned, our lack in depth really shows its ugly face if one of our front three gets injured. Ings and Solanke are next in line:nervous: Imagine that, one of them playing a CL final.

Hope to feck it’s only minor and that we adress this issue in the summer.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
Mane (or either of the ones in the front three) is a huge loss for us yes. Hope it's just a minor niggle.

If just one of the front three is injured we're a totally different team. Earlier in the season we had Coutinho who could step up as an inside forward on the left, but now there is no one pretty much.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Yes so enjoyable watching a team like Madrid win it three times in a row and being so far ahead of us we just seem like ants.

Liverpool losing would be funny, but i wouldnt enjoy seeing that shithole Madrid lifting another european title
Yes, the difference between 9 or 10 to Madrid's tally makes all the difference.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Please make it painless and convincing from the word go, Real. This season has already been stupid enough.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So the team which finished 4th in the Premier League has a chance to win the Champions League ?

OMG :D

Last edited:

ericking

So the team which finished 4th in the Premier League has a chance to win the Champions League ?

OMG :D
They finished 5th and won it in 2005. But had to get special dispensation to be allowed to defend it the next season. They then had to go through the qualifiers from the very, very 1st round in early July.

I think the 1999 final was the first were both finalists were not champions the season before.

Moos

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea finished 6th when they won it in 2012. It might be an English thing.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
As someone who voted for this option early on, I still feel remarkably un-banned.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for arguments, I can tell you I don't have patience ... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let your Liverpool sympathies go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you and
I will ban you...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
:D
You see, I don't have particular sympathies for Pool to begin with... just a burning desire to see Real fail. :mad:

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I pray to the football Gods for Madrid to destroy the dippers, destroy them I beg off you.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
:D
You see, I don't have particular sympathies for Pool to begin with... just a burning desire to see Real fail. :mad:
Come on, don't be so vindictive, I'm sure you'll be able to beat us in the next decade :D

BorisDeLeFora

Kind of strange game in that I feel that there is the potential for either side to go 3 nil up in half an hour, Real being the more likely.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Liverpool deserves the utmost respect for their history, their good campaign, their very brilliant coach and how dangerous their forwards are, but in all honesty, I don't think they are a better team than Atletico or Juventus in 2014, 2016 and 2017.

When I watched those teams I always had a feeling their standard game was about always being in control, showing extremely solidity in defense while being lethal in attack when needed. They were also capable of beating very strong teams belonging to the European royalty with great authority. It would've been interesting to see Liverpool face some of the clubs these two teams had to beat in order to reach the finals.

When I watch the scousers it's like they have two faces, even in the same game at times. It's like they have a plan and if everything clicks they are able to dictate the game, but if that doesn't happen, they are prone to suffer a lot. I don't really know how that part works with Real Madrid actually, because in finals they very rarely panick and have a great variety of weapons to counter many kinds of styles. I've also noticed how Liverpool reduce their performance in the last minutes of games. That can be a huge problem against a team that might have guys like Asensio, Bale, Kovacic, Lucas Vazquez in the bench, all of them very physical , either to defend a favourable result or to try going to extra time.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Ings in a champions league final... Imagine that.
I kind of liked Ings, looked a decent striker with good technique but injuries got the worst of him. Liverpool had much worse players playing in the '05 final.

Status
Not open for further replies.