Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rm4eva

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid are NOT going to come out charging or 'impose' themselves on Liverpool ... I don't know why Liverpool fans think this ... Have they even seen Madrid play since Zidane came along? ... The Madrid team defend at a low to medium low block and pass their way out slowly. They build up towards their opponents final third and start passing around the box until Modric/Kroos/Benzema can pick someone out. If the ball is around the opponents box too long then as a Plan B, Madrid send the ball out wide to their full backs and hope that a cross finds an unmarked attacker. In defense Zidane has rarely played a high block and in attacking we have rarely hit teams on the break with pace.

Its almost like Zidane has mixed Mourinho's defending philosophy with Guardiola's attacking philosophy and as a Plan B uses Stoke City tactics to get goals.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Real Madrid are NOT going to come out charging or 'impose' themselves on Liverpool ... I don't know why Liverpool fans think this ... Have they even seen Madrid play since Zidane came along? ... The Madrid team defend at a low to medium low block and pass their way out slowly. They build up towards their opponents final third and start passing around the box until Modric/Kroos/Benzema can pick someone out. If the ball is around the opponents box too long then as a Plan B, Madrid send the ball out wide to their full backs and hope that a cross finds an unmarked attacker. In defense Zidane has rarely played a high block and in attacking we have rarely hit teams on the break with pace.

Its almost like Zidane has mixed Mourinho's defending philosophy with Guardiola's attacking philosophy and as a Plan B uses Stoke City tactics to get goals.
I don’t know why you think Liverpool fans think this.

I’m sure Zidane will do his homework.

HorrorFan07

Anyone fancy a penalty shootout? How's ya nerve.. reason being I don't think there has been one this season in the CL? At least not in the quarters, semis or final.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
The saving grace is, the game will be played in neutral area. I think there will be more Madrid 'fans' than Liverpool's, and their away form is 50% win.
Kiev has been mainly booked up by Madrid fans as they went through to the final on the Tuesday. Liverpool fans will mainly be in Poland. I can tell you this now we will have more supporters there.

TheReligion

Abusive
Will be a good final to watch I think. Obviously I want Madrid to win but I'm sure it will be entertaining.

PS I love how people keep talking about Real having such a weak defence yet no mention of Liverpool being equally as weak?

Both attacks will be licking their lips.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Will be a good final to watch I think. Obviously I want Madrid to win but I'm sure it will be entertaining.

PS I love how people keep talking about Real having such a weak defence yet no mention of Liverpool being equally as weak?

Both attacks will be licking their lips.
Yep both sides have good attacks and suspect defences. But I think the key could be midfield and Madrid is infinitely better in this area from both a quality and a technical perspective. The only thing we have to combat that will be pressing. If Madrid's midfield get thru our press we are in trouble.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yep both sides have good attacks and suspect defences. But I think the key could be midfield and Madrid is infinitely better in this area from both a quality and a technical perspective. The only thing we have to combat that will be pressing. If Madrid's midfield get thru our press we are in trouble.
Yeah I agree with that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
This will seem heresy to you but I think he deserves the Balon d'Or as much as Ronaldo if real win. Every time I have watched Real this season he has been the most important player.
He deserves it like Xavi deserved it when Messi won everything. But we all know that's not how it works.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyone fancy a penalty shootout? How's ya nerve.. reason being I don't think there has been one this season in the CL? At least not in the quarters, semis or final.
No thanks. 50/50 Liverpool win, and if they don't they'll still be jabbering on about how they only lost on pens.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

I meant that you will not change your style of play simply because we have a dangerous attack. Or that Zidane will formulate some master plan to negate us instead of playing to your strengths.

In your tie against Bayern Munich there were various opportunities to counter press/attack where Bayern weren't ruthless or clinical enough, and where we would have ran riot.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Kiev has been mainly booked up by Madrid fans as they went through to the final on the Tuesday. Liverpool fans will mainly be in Poland. I can tell you this now we will have more supporters there.
Thought that each team has the same allocated tickets? For neutrals that will be there, there's no way they will support Liverpool instead of Madrid.

HorrorFan07

The only thing in Liverpool's favour is I don't think the footballing gods will let a team win 3 Champion's League titles in a row.. so get this awful feeling Real Madrid will lose just because they are greedy and will get boring Real Madrid dominating 3 years straight. You need a shock to keep the Champion's League exciting as it's losing it's spark each year.. there hasn't been a shock Porto 2004 win for ages !

VP

Ugh. I've just noticed the date of the final. Our most auspicious date in danger of being besmirched by these miserable bastards. I have this nasty feeling we could be in for a terrible few days: an FA cup loss followed by a scouse CL win.

Thought that each team has the same allocated tickets? For neutrals that will be there, there's no way they will support Liverpool instead of Madrid.
The scousers will snap up all the neutral tickets. And given the general meekness of Madrid's support, this will effectively a home game for Liverpool.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ugh. I've just noticed the date of the final. Our most auspicious date in danger of being besmirched by these miserable bastards. I have this nasty feeling we could be in for a terrible few days: an FA cup loss followed by a scouse CL win.

The scousers will snap up all the neutral tickets. And given the general meekness of Madrid's support, this will effectively a home game for Liverpool.
They'll take the neutral tickets or beat up their own fans to get them. A la Athens.

Trizy

Ah, it's been too long since Ramos has balloon'd one over the bar in fantastic fashion

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
The city will be covered in red - no doubt about that. Most of the stadium too.

Nickys Butt

Maybe, but I don't think Madrid will go into a CL final and sit eleven men in their half. The same way Roma thought they could come and try to impose themselves, Madrid will.

'Parking the bus' isn't really something you see often in the CL - teams have confidence in their own ability.
Speak for yourself, clearly you didn't see our masterclass at home to Sevilla in the last 16.

rm4eva

Supports
Real Madrid
I meant that you will not change your style of play simply because we have a dangerous attack. Or that Zidane will formulate some master plan to negate us instead of playing to your strengths.

In your tie against Bayern Munich there were various opportunities to counter press/attack where Bayern weren't ruthless or clinical enough, and where we would have ran riot.
You don't know that ... the French champions, Italian champions and German champions did not run riot because of their fear of Madrid's forward line. Liverpool would not have such fear against Porto and Roma, but Klopp would definitely think twice before going all out against Madrid in a Final.

rm4eva

Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t know why you think Liverpool fans think this.

I’m sure Zidane will do his homework.
Look at the comments on RAWK. Look at the comments here. It would make you think that Real beat Wigan, Watford and West Ham to get to the final.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
This is true but I can only think of Rome 84 were we have been out numbered and thats because it was at Roma's home stadium. Still we took 15,000. At Heysel it was near 50/50 . The rest we've always had 3/4's of the stadium.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
The only thing in Liverpool's favour is I don't think the footballing gods will let a team win 3 Champion's League titles in a row.. so get this awful feeling Real Madrid will lose just because they are greedy and will get boring Real Madrid dominating 3 years straight. You need a shock to keep the Champion's League exciting as it's losing it's spark each year.. there hasn't been a shock Porto 2004 win for ages !
That has crossed my mind. I could be wrong but Alax and Bayern done it back to in the 70s . Has anyone done it since ?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This is true but I can only think of Rome 84 were we have been out numbered and thats because it was at Roma's home stadium. Still we took 15,000. At Heysel it was near 50/50 . The rest we've always had 3/4's of the stadium.
That's impressive, when you thought that Madrid supposedly has wider fan base.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I reckon Iam right by saying we'll deffo out number them. In Istanbul we had three stands but Milan fans got inside early and put some of the banners in the two side stands near their end . I can honestly say I didn't see one Milan fan in Istanbul that day . I seen more PSV fans actually as they had booked their tickets and hotels before the semis but Milan beat them. They all mingled with us in Taksim Square and joined the party.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Ive heard the Spanish dont like to travel far especially when its complicated. Lads I know are hiring camper vans and driving from Liverpool. People flying to Turkey and then driving. Polish cities are going to full of Reds on their route . Lithuana to Minsk then Kiev is another popular one. My route is this .

Liverpool
Katowice
Krakow
Lviv ( Ukraine )
Kiev

Then

Kiev
Lviv
Krakow
Katowice
Bristol
Liverpool

It's a seven day excursion.

Rajma

Ive heard the Spanish dont like to travel far especially when its complicated. Lads I know are hiring camper vans and driving from Liverpool. People flying to Turkey and then driving. Polish cities are going to full of Reds on their route . Lithuana to Minsk then Kiev is another popular one. My route is this .

Liverpool
Katowice
Krakow
Lviv ( Ukraine )
Kiev

Then

Kiev
Lviv
Krakow
Katowice
Bristol
Liverpool

Wow, that trip back home after a loss may not be the most pleasing one.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
IMHO neutrals always have a spot for underdogs and Liverpool is the underdog in this match and certainly more entertaining than Madrid. I wonder why won't neutrals cheer for a team who is coming into match as underdog and is showing no fear of going at the best team in CL in last 4 years?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
IMHO neutrals always have a spot for underdogs and Liverpool is the underdog in this match and certainly more entertaining than Madrid. I wonder why won't neutrals cheer for a team who is coming into match as underdog and is showing no fear of going at the best team in CL in last 4 years?
from what I have been reading it is a very expensive trip and there are already many fewer requests for tickets to the club.
I imagine that Liverpool will buy many neutral tickets. I would say it will be 65/35, although watching our matches in Munich / Turin and later at home maybe it is a good scenario, hehe. However I do not think Liverpool are more entertaining than Madrid

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

Liverpool
Katowice
Krakow
Lviv ( Ukraine )
Kiev

Then

Kiev
Lviv
Krakow
Katowice
Bristol
Liverpool

I was one of those Liverpool fans who went to Rome by train when we won it for the first time in 1977. Set off from Lime Street at 7.30 pm on the Monday night & we got to Rome Wednesday morning at 6.30 am. Due to the French rail workers being on strike we had to go via Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, & then Italy. I remember the whole of Europe was bathed in glorious sunshine that week, & the journey through the Swiss alps was something that will live with me forever. It was beyond spectacular. Wish we had camera phones back then. Thinking back though, what an arduous trip it was. There were no sleeping facilities on board, nor was there a buffet car. Wasn't too bad going out because most people brought their own food & drink. The return home was different however, only a few had the sense to stock up in Rome for the journey back home. That said, I doubt any of us would have missed it for the world. When you're 19 you can put up with pretty much anything to see your team become champions of Europe.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I was one of those Liverpool fans who went to Rome by train when we won it for the first time in 1977. Set off from Lime Street at 7.30 pm on the Monday night & we got to Rome Wednesday morning at 6.30 am. Due to the French rail workers being on strike we had to go via Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, & then Italy. I remember the whole of Europe was bathed in glorious sunshine that week, & the journey through the Swiss alps was something that will live with me forever. It was beyond spectacular. Wish we had camera phones back then. Thinking back though, what an arduous trip it was. There were no sleeping facilities on board, nor was there a buffet car. Wasn't too bad going out because most people brought their own food & drink. The return home was different however, only a few had the sense to stock up in Rome for the journey back home. That said, I doubt any of us would have missed it for the world. When you're 19 you can put up with pretty much anything to see your team become champions of Europe.
Ive heard stories about the journey home from my Uncles. I heard it was horrendous. I was told a train stopped in a Swiss village and everyone bailed off and grabbed what they could food and drink wise and jumped back on.

:D

GeorgieBoy

Its annoying how badly Spanish fans travel, particularly given the size of their two biggest clubs.
The neutral seats will for the most part be taken by Liverpool fans. Might not be much, but little things like that can definitely help to influence the atmosphere/game.

Status
Not open for further replies.