Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Marcelo is never on his position and yesterday your team was unbelievable lucky at the end when a bayern player was completely open but Ribery is a player with the eyes on the ball all the time, had he lift his head and see that player and Bayern would win that game. Marcelo is a good player at front but terrible in the back.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
So you think Barca fans are going to support Real in the final?
Spain’s different when a lot of people wants independence but in Portugal if Porto reaches a final I would them to win (a few years back I wouldn’t) and Benfica in a final against any team even Liverpool of course I would want Liverpool to win :nervous:

Theonas

Scout
I swear, do people even watched us at any point this season? We didn't plan to sit back against Bayern Munich, in their stadium, what makes you think we're going to do it against Liverpool in a neutral venue? Also, devastating on the counter? This season? When?

One thing we consistently have trouble dealing with is a well organized, high intensity high pressing line. We could barely get out of our half in two against bayern and created so many chances. This was an issue against juventus as well, and even PSG in the first leg. Even if we had a team built to play like that, and we don't, and even if Zidane decides to either axe some big names or ask them to play against their best style, we've gone all seasons being utterly incapable of putting together the semblance of an actual defence.
You are so right :lol: I think to many, if a football team is not known for being possession based, they simply must be a team that sits deep and counter and since Real have been cast as the anti-thesis of Barcelona, a lot still simply view them as their opposite which is a counter attacking team that allows opponents to have the ball. The other reason I think is there is a general assumption that if a team is forced deep inside its own half like Real were against Bayern, it must have been the plan all along. Whereas that's true in some cases, in a lot of others, it simply means the defending team is not very good. When Liverpool spent the second half at Anfield camped in front of their goal against City, plenty including pundits made it sound like Liverpool chose to play that way when their manager himself came out to talk about how unhappy he was with how deep they dropped.

Having said all of that, I still think you will win. You might be not as good as the likes of Bayern at keeping the ball and building coherent attacks but you are still better at it than Liverpool. You also have way too many potential match winners who can score out of nowhere. Basically you can score without playing that well and you are very good at keeping the ball against a team who are the opposite of that like Liverpool.

Giggs86

Real Madrid have won the league once during their 3 consecutive finals. Barcelona won 3 consecutive Leagues, 2 CL with one treble and one double when they were at their best. It isn't a claim worth entertaining.

The Ronaldo Vs Messi is too tiresome to get into.
The greatness of a club is not based upon the recent 3 years though.

La Liga titles - Madrid(33) > Barca(25).
CL - Madrid(12) > Barca(5).

Real Madrid are the biggest club in Spain, and probably in Europe and the world too.

CA_vampire

I am guessing you don't know any Real Madrid fans in real life. All of them think Ronaldo is a better player than Messi. Other than ours it is the only fan base that argues that.
With these 3 CL finals in a row, they now consider themselves to be the best team ever to grace this earth.
On the flip side Liverpool fans will be unbearable as well if they win but may be not as much as the Real Madrid fans I know.
Go cry in a Barca forum, please. This is a Man Utd forum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nothing wrong with that. Both legit claims.
You have to dominate your league for that IMO. They're a great cup team though. They know to win these knockout games.

Still, hopefully Madrid win this easily.

IRELANDUNITED

I'm surprised so many of the United fans on here are actually undecided on who they want to win the CL final. I want Real to win it so much that if I was offered the situation that us losing the FA cup final guaranteed Liverpool losing the CL final or I could just let both matches play out and see what happens, i'd seriously consider option 1.

CA_vampire

I'm surprised so many of the United fans on here are actually undecided on who they want to win the CL final. I want Real to win it so much that if I was offered the situation that us losing the FA cup final guaranteed Liverpool losing the CL final or I could just let both matches play out and see what happens, i'd seriously consider option 1.
There is no question what Man Utd fans want. We all want Real to beat Liverpool, preferably with a humiliating scoreline. But this forum is currently flooded with Liverpool and Barca fans.

amolbhatia50k

I'd happily give up the FA cup for Liverpool to lose the CL final. Which might happen anyway given Chelsea are a good team.

But I think a lot of people here are secret Real and Barca fans which is that reason for that absurd view. I've even heard arguments from some that they personally consider Barcelona or Madrid as our true rivals since we are an elite European club and that's the standard etc.

Dr. StrangeHate

The greatness of a club is not based upon the recent 3 years though.

La Liga titles - Madrid(33) > Barca(25).
CL - Madrid(12) > Barca(5).

Real Madrid are the biggest club in Spain, and probably in Europe and the world too.
I am talking about the best team ever not the greatest club historically.
Even Barca fans would concede that Real Madrid are the biggest club in terms of overall trophies. But Pep's Barcelona was more successful and dominant than this Real Madrid team.

amolbhatia50k

There is no question what Man Utd fans want. We all want Real to beat Liverpool, preferably with a humiliating scoreline. But this forum is currently flooded with Liverpool and Barca fans.
And Madrid fans.

Giggs86

I am talking about the best team ever not the greatest club historically.
Even Barca fans would concede that Real Madrid are the biggest club in terms of overall trophies. But Pep's Barcelona was more successful and dominant than this Real Madrid team.
Agreed. The Barca team that prevented us adding two more CL titles to our record was the best team in history.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
If it was anyone bar Madrid or Barca I'd worry but this Madrid team know how to get the job done. Liverpool will struggle to get hold of the ball. Liverpool always have the chance of scoring on the break but they are playing against the likes of Modric, Ronaldo, Marcelo, Kroos, Ramos etc. I think alot of United fans are simply forgetting how good Madrid are because they are that freightened by the concept of Liverpool winning it. Yes it's a game which can go either way but everything points to a Madrid win imo.

I expect a one sided final tbh. I don't think Liverpool will be able to cope.
Good post. I feel a little better now.

Judas

Open to offers
Hard to feel cofident about Real at this moment. History suggests they should be favourites, far more experience, but on current form they look shaky.

But then the way Liverpool were shedding goals last night against an average Roma team proves just attacking them and keeping it tightish at the back is enough, that Liverpool defence is average much like the midfield.

marktan

Agreed. The Barca team that prevented us adding two more CL titles to our record was the best team in history.
We were rubbish in 2011 and had no business making the final, and in 2009 we played a significantly weaker team than the one in the 2008 final. They were a very good side, but this Madrid team would match them very close. You have to remember that domestically where Barca won 3 La Ligas, that Madrid team were nowhere near this one. Since then they've added Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Bale, Carvajal - essentially a whole top midfield and several crucial players. Their midfield in 2011 against Barca in the semi was Lassana Diarra, Xabi Alonso and Arbeloa..

That Barca midfield was obviously very strong combined with a peak Messi, but this Madrid side are on a whole new level to the one that Barca faced. If Real win 3 CL's in a row then they're easily up there with that Barca team in terms of success. Their only real blip is one La Liga during that time - but the Atletico Madrid team of the last 4 years are a lot better than the one that Barca team faced (as shown by a La Liga win and two CL final appearances), and the Barca team of the last 4 years with Messi, Neymar and Suarez are a lot better than the Madrid team that Barca faced circa 09-11.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It ll be interesting to see how much experience will be the difference. You d imagine many of the Pool players will be shaking in their boots about the thought of this possibly being their only chance to ever win it - to Real it ll almost be like any other game.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Our odds of winning the CL are not too big, and I really don't put my hopes high. Good performance and close game is what I'd be satisfied of.

I believe Real will not change the way they play against us. Which means we'll have some space to exploit. What scares me though is their chance conversion ratio. Our backline needs to be 100% focused through al of the game, which is a close-to-impossible task for the likes of Lovren.

If we don't concede in the first 20min and get a 2 goal lead then we can make it, otherwise Real will win.

RonW

We were rubbish in 2011 and had no business making the final, and in 2009 we played a significantly weaker team than the one in the 2008 final. They were a very good side, but this Madrid team would match them very close. You have to remember that domestically where Barca won 3 La Ligas, that Madrid team were nowhere near this one. Since then they've added Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Bale, Carvajal - essentially a whole top midfield and several crucial players. Their midfield in 2011 against Barca in the semi was Lassana Diarra, Xabi Alonso and Arbeloa..

That Barca midfield was obviously very strong combined with a peak Messi, but this Madrid side are on a whole new level to the one that Barca faced. If Real win 3 CL's in a row then they're easily up there with that Barca team in terms of success. Their only real blip is one La Liga during that time - but the Atletico Madrid team of the last 4 years are a lot better than the one that Barca team faced (as shown by a La Liga win and two CL final appearances), and the Barca team of the last 4 years with Messi, Neymar and Suarez are a lot better than the Madrid team that Barca faced circa 09-11.
How on earth were we rubbish? We were the world’s second best team back then for except Barcelona(who were really the best team in history), we even won the PL that season! You are not average if you win your league and go on to the CL final, would you call Real rubbish when they have been rubbish in their league and just played well in the CL this year? I remember us making our way through and beating all the teams fair and square without any ‘referring’ help unlike Liverpool? The only small little luck was playing Schalke in the Semis, I remember even Barca had plenty of luck against Chelsea in the Semis(2008-09), we even should have beaten Bayern(2009-10) and made it to the CL final if Rafael didn’t lose his brain and also easily beaten Real in SAF’s last season.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Hard to feel cofident about Real at this moment. History suggests they should be favourites, far more experience, but on current form they look shaky.

But then the way Liverpool were shedding goals last night against an average Roma team proves just attacking them and keeping it tightish at the back is enough, that Liverpool defence is average much like the midfield.
With Lovren at the helm, you can downgrade our defense to below average. We have no depth. If we concede early, we will watch Ronaldo life the trophy and act like it was him against us all.

Kapardin

Lol, its' a no brainer for me. I'd make a deal with the devil to forfeit the FA Cup trophy if it meant Satan could make Liverpool lose. Of course, I'd want a 10-0 thrashing as recompense for giving up an actual trophy as opposed to a 1-0 or 2-1 narrow loss.:p

AgentP

Klopp has made a habit of losing finals. This is just going to add one more to the list. Don't worry guys, Ronaldo has got this :devil:

TsuWave

Ronaldo is earth's last hope. I hope the mightiest avenger is on his A game

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Marcelo is never on his position and yesterday your team was unbelievable lucky at the end when a bayern player was completely open but Ribery is a player with the eyes on the ball all the time, had he lift his head and see that player and Bayern would win that game. Marcelo is a good player at front but terrible in the back.
So because he goes further up the pitch when we have the ball suddenly Casemiro is our LB? So who's our RB when Carvajal does the same? Modric? Kroos? No, it's usually one of the CB's who temporarily covers for them when they attack, no? You guys are acting like they're actually never in their defensive positions, which is quite the stretch.

SoCross

My ideal final: Salah hat-trick for them to lead 3-0 and then Ronaldo to smash 4 in the second half with an offside winner in stoppage time and Real then splurging money to buy Salah in the summer since he impressed them so much :drool:

Kapardin

The wankfest has already begun:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...back-liverpool-to-beat-vulnerable-real-madrid

"It is meant to be", "I'd bet on Liverpool"...where have I heard that before, oh yeah, was the same when they wrote off Sevilla for the EL Final.:rolleyes:

My ideal final: Salah hat-trick for them to lead 3-0 and then Ronaldo to smash 4 in the second half with an offside winner in stoppage time and Real then splurging money to buy Salah in the summer since he impressed them so much :drool:
Half our fanbase would have a heart attack by HT, no thanks. 3-0 Real lead in the first half, another 3 in the second would do fine. Make it the most one sided final ever in favor of Real.

marktan

How on earth were we rubbish? We were the world’s second best team back then for except Barcelona(who were really the best team in history), we even won the PL that season! You are not average if you win your league and go on to the CL final, would you call Real rubbish when they have been rubbish in their league and just played well in the CL this year? I remember us making our way through and beating all the teams fair and square without any ‘referring’ help unlike Liverpool? The only small little luck was playing Schalke in the Semis, I remember even Barca had plenty of luck against Chelsea in the Semis(2008-09), we even should have beaten Bayern(2009-10) and made it to the CL final if Rafael didn’t lose his brain and also easily beaten Real in SAF’s last season.
I think I phrased it a bit wrong, we weren't rubbish exactly, but I meant more we worse than our peak team of 2008. I remember those knockout stages in 2011 in the CL, we eased past a poor Chelsea side, and then somehow found ourselves up against a crap Shalke side in the semis. The real final that year was Madrid vs Barca in the semis, and even then as per my previous post that Madrid side were a lot worse than they are now.

Just to illustrate, in our back 4 from 2008 to 2011 we'd lost Brown and replaced him with Fabio who struggles to get a game in the championship (tho imo he was good in 2011), from our midfield we lost Scholes and Hargreaves and replaced them with Park and Giggs, from our front 3 we lost Ronaldo and Tevez and replaced them Valencia and Hernandez..

We did win the league which means we weren't rubbish, but we were far away from our peak of the 2008 team. Had the 2008 team played in either the 09 or 11 final the games would've been much tighter (as they were when we faced Barca in the 08 semis). I think it's a huge shame that SAF built that great 2008 team and couldn't keep it together for more than a season due to injuries / players falling out of favour, you look at the current Madrid side and there's been almost 0 change in the starting 11 in the CL for the last three years, other than Varane replacing Pepe as a starter and Bale alternating with Asensio/Isco.

SoCross

Half our fanbase would have a heart attack by HT, no thanks. 3-0 Real lead in the first half, another 3 in the second would do fine. Make it the most one sided final ever in favor of Real.
But just think of the GIFs that will emerge!

Dudu

No drama. No Fuss. Easy Madrid win please.

Ronaldo scoring against the Scouse for old times sake is a bonus.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sevilla's win against Liverpool in 15/16 was also their third EL win in a row. Now Real will win their third CL in a row.

TyroneSpong

Look at the path that Liverpool had to walk to get to the finals. Maribor, Sevilla, Spartak Moscow, Porto, City and Roma. And compare that with Real Madrids route. Apoel, Tottenham, Dortmund, PSG, Juventus and Bayern. Liverpool is facing a different level now. Should be exciting. But Real will have this.

Goochy

Supports
Liverpool
There are many examples of good sides in Europe overturning (or nearly overturning) large deficits when momentum and a hostile home crowd become involved.

In a neutral stadium, with the scores level and facing opposition who are not as desperate to score so many so quickly, Liverpool will defend far far better. I don’t think this will be as one sided as many of you seem to think it will be. My 2c.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
I agree with most of the things you said but the team SAF had in last season was rubbish, SAF was genius to manage a league title so asking a CL is too much even for SAF.

One thing on completely different note though, I think Zidane maybe suffering from reverse SAF syndrome. No disrespect to SAF but I feel like he had a formula to win league and Zidane has one to win CL and it's working out so good that Zidane don't want to change it in league. Tbh it's understandable league cemented SAF's legacy and 2 CLs is more than enough to call him one of the greatest but he should have won more CLs considering he dominated English football for nearly two decades and now I am seeing the same thing with Zidane who is extraordinary in champions league but not so good in league, though it's reverse of SAF, hence the reverse SAF syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

montpelier

The BBC is in full flow - why is everything these vomit-inducing bell-ends ever do, have to so hyped by the State broadcaster.

Just described last night's game as ''nerve-wracking.'' Yes, I suppose Roma did get within 2 goals of going through for a couple of seconds at the end.

Also, just as you think tey might sink into almost total obscurity why do they manage to freakishly sign some 2nd hand cast-off fecking goal machine. This one doesn't even bite anybody to provide some comedic relief.

Dudu

If Liverpool win then they have 6 CL and 18 PL titles. We're currently on 3 CL and 20 PL titles.

So would that make them the most successful English club then? Yes we have considerably more FA Cup wins but still.
Oh god, even the thought of it.

Nope. Cant do it.

Please Ronnie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamadovich86

Should be alot of goals in this one. Hope Madrid smash them but honestly i'm super pessimistic. I think Madrid will be arrogant and complacent, Pool have the attacking prowess upfront and will cause problems for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.