Real Madrid v Liverpool | Champions League Final (May 26th, 2018)

the chameleon

Watching this final will be like waiting for test results at the hospital, knowing you either will be diagnosed with aids or cancer.

A small part of me wants it to be an English, then I realise it's Liverpool. Do I want to hear '6 times' from my Liverpool supporting mates? Nah!

And Real Madrid, I just can't stand that arrogant circus! I might just drown my sorrows in a bottle of Cognac.

Reactions: Sultan

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
The real Madrid midfield though.... it's such a mismatch in there. All this talk about Salah, Mane, Firmino. These games are won in the midfield and Liverpool won't get near Real in the midfield. I'm not worried one bit.
Real didn't win the midfield battle vs Bayern and Liverpool didn't vs City so let's not overestimate the importance.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
That's a gorgeous stadium.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
400 million viewers for this worldwide. Expected a bit more, as it should be of interest to anyone who likes football. Nowhere near the viewership for a World Cup final.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When it's Liverpool, the choice is very easy. Support Real Madrid and Ronaldo. If this is even up for debate, then you should reconsider your allegiances.
You might want to re-read the chap's post :lol:

He said as a "non" United fan:yawn:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
400 million viewers for this worldwide. Expected a bit more, as it should be of interest to anyone who likes football. Nowhere near the viewership for a World Cup final.
Liverpool aren't crowd pullers any longer after Sir Alex.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Gonna put the last three pages in a new thread and we'll have that as the match thread as this is too damn long. Bare with me.

Edit: Done. Go nuts.

Just heading into the garden with a couple of packs of Guinness. I can't watch it.

As Captain Scott said, 'I'm just going outside and may be gone some time'.

DRM

Right I'm outta here. CMON REAL!!!!!

Hopefully the next time I'm back it's to laugh at the Liverpool meltdown thread on RAWK. Otherwise :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Come on Madrid, please smash them.
And if it's 3-0 at half time, unlike in 2005, I won't be mouthing off about it and then gutted when there's a comeback :lol:

GeorgieBoy

Same here. Not watching this, will keep all electronic devices away from me until the final whistle.

My prediction: 10-0 to Liverpool. Salah with all the goals. They are the best team in the weeeeerld, la!!!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I wish Salah played for someone else as I wouldn't mind seeing him win a CL. Great player and seems like a good guy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Come on Madrid, please smash them.
And if it's 3-0 at half time, unlike in 2005, I won't be mouthing off about it and then gutted when there's a comeback :lol:
How many of us were guilty of that back in 05?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's such a sh!t midfield, defence and keeper that it's inevitable they'll do well!
They had a better midfield back in 05 and Dudek was in goal if I'm not mistaken, he was quite decent.

This team is better up front but doesn't have a great defence but the innocence of youth eh?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Same here. Not watching this, will keep all electronic devices away from me until the final whistle.

My prediction: 10-0 to Liverpool. Salah with all the goals. They are the best team in the weeeeerld, la!!!
Why are people so afraid to watch the game?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Wonder if any of the resident Liverpool fans will get involved in the matchday thread.
I will. Chinese will be here for the second half :D Looking forward to it, but you know me, I'm not the kinda to get overly invested. I'm expecting us to lose, but I'm also expecting it to be a great game.

The Real Treble 99

I predict Real Madrid to win 2-1 or 2-0. Ronaldo to get at least 1 goal & Firminho to score for them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I will. Chinese will be here for the second half :D Looking forward to it, but you know me, I'm not the kinda to get overly invested. I'm expecting us to lose, but I'm also expecting it to be a great game.
You're a brave one, I'll give you that!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Wonder if any of the resident Liverpool fans will get involved in the matchday thread.
Might avoid it and the immediate aftermath, regardless of the result.

Let the dust settle and all that.