Real Madrid v Liverpool | Champions League Final (May 26th, 2018)

Shark

@NotShark
Had a look over at RAWK and and they think their team went out like true warriors. :lol:
Once Salah went off, it showed them up to be the average team they are with a winger having a freak season. Hopefully they don’t get anywhere close again for a long long time.

Aboutreika18

I have been in shocked since first half. Only Karius having a blinder have soften the blow a little bit.

All the reports are pointing that he's going to be away for 7-8 weeks which means no WC. Nightmare. I have been waiting for this tournament for years and years and when we finally qualify we lose Salah just prior to it. It's as we'll never get anything good happening in our favor. Feck off football.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Finally qualify after the great side of the 2006-10 era kept on missing out and you guys are missing your best player.

Trophy Room

Think I resigned myself to defeat when Salah went off.

Madrid deserves it after that but that’s a horrible way to lose. I thought the back four was pretty good for the most part and what can you do about Bale’s first goal? Incredible and one for the history books.

Kroos and Modric were brilliant, Ronaldo wasn’t.

I’m disappointed but it doesn’t hurt as much as I thought it would. I think I’d convinced myself it was over when Salah went off. I hope he and Carvajal make the World Cup.

Congrats to Madrid. Deserved winners and Zidane is a hell of a coach.

We need to improve our midfield options.
You need a goalkeeper mate.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Madrid deserves it after that but that’s a horrible way to lose. I thought the back four was pretty good for the most part and what can you do about Bale’s first goal? Incredible and one for the history books.

I’m disappointed but it doesn’t hurt as much as I thought it would. I think I’d convinced myself it was over when Salah went off. I hope he and Carvajal make the World Cup.

Yep all jokes aside you lost you best player and your keeper lost you the final, what can you do? You more than matched them up to that point, they've just got world class players like Bale that can kill you anytime. Spanish bastards.

GM K

Take a moment to think about it: 3 champions league trophies back to back! Amazing!!!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wait a minute. Did Real Madrid win? By Ronaldo's reaction i wouldn't know.

el3mel

Yeah, I don't think Ramos should ever travel to Egypt. That was pure intent from him. Gutted for you mate.
Thanks for the feeling. Also several other posters said the same to me during the incident but I wasn't even concentrating so thanks to anyone who felt how big a blow like this for us. For other countries it won't be a big of a problem a player missing WC but for us missing Salah is a nightmare. He's the reason we even qualified to start with. I can't imagine his feeling now if it's proved that he'll really miss.

For Ramos he has been getting completely destroyed by Egyptians on twitter since the incident. Real will become one of the most hated clubs here after this I believe.

Salah injury killed Liverpool, just one of those things.
Don't remind me again. :(

marktan

You guys desperately need depth. I feel for you because you were the better team before Salah went off but but without him it was pretty much just Mane doing anything. Your first XI can go toe to toe with Madrid and will get better this summer but the difference vs Madrid's bench vs yours is huge.

Sanche7

This may be stretching it too far but was there some kind of match fixing involved?
I mean the Karius mistakes were really sketchy, especially the first one.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That was just beautiful. Poetic. Could not have scripted that better myself and i am a writer by trade. In 50 years time, everyone will be like: "Do you remember Karius versus Madrid."

marktan

Bale would be a legend if he came to us, at Real it's all indifference by their fans and team.

Ronaldo was very poor this match, pretty much every play by him was bad.

But congrats to Real, that first XI and the depth on the bench is great.

Tapori

As much as Ramos is the end of a bell, I somehow prefer this Madrid team to the sycophantic and nauseating **** that was the Barca team under Pep.

Zidane has to be a candidate to coach the French Nationalteam at some point; you know it's there for him to redeem himself by winnging the world cup as manager.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Gareth Bale: “I need to be playing week in week out, that hasn’t happened this season. I have to sit down in the summer and discuss it with my agent.” (Source: @btsportfootball)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Atletico v Real Super Cup

Thank you Madrid for inflicting misery on the Arse and Dips!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Joking aside, Liverpool looked wrecked out there early on in the second half. Either they were nervous or just physically tired. Madrid then (especially modric) were so good at keeping the ball.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Well after all that we still have 2 Champions Leagues and they're still on 1 , :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Congratulations Madrid. You were the better side and I think you might have won even with the Karius pee-pee tapes or Salah's injury.

Nick7

Thought ye might have pulled it off when Mané scored. The best I've seen Lovren play for ye I think and Robertson was very good. Ultimately their midfield was a step above yours and Lallana couldn't replace Salah. If ye had a player that could replace Salah and a couple of midfielders that could stand up to the Real midfield I think the result would have been different.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Payback for decision to make Karius your nr1 goalkeeper and keeping Mignolet on the bench.

Grtz to Real Madrid, winning 3 times back to back it is no small feat. I don't like the feckers but respect where it is due.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This Real celebration
They just don't care anymore.