Real Time With Bill Maher

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maher had Jeffrey Lord on last night. Why does anyone give this nutjob a platform to spew nonsense?
Its Maher attempt to show how politically incorrect he is - "See I'm not a liberal, I invite Conservatives to my show as well" etc.

ravi2

Finally back with a new season. Still the best late night talk on American TV.
Its between Bill and John Oliver for me and both are on fire this season, esp Bill.
Trump has been a great for late night in general

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The show has become unwatchable now,he has trump derangement syndrome.
I think aside from his disgusting Iran comments today (which are to be expected as he is Jewish and exceptionally racist against Muslims and any Arab country) it was the best and funniest programme of this series. His New Rules were hilarious and his guests were brilliant this week.

I tolerate him and the programme because I'm mainly interested in his guests, not him personally.

Un4givableB

In fairness, Trump has given everyone good reason to get deranged about him.
I have no time for Trump but he's become like a mad scouser who truly belives that F.A fixed it for us to win all want we won under SAF.

Un4givableB

I think aside from his disgusting Iran comments today (which are to be expected as he is Jewish and exceptionally racist against Muslims and any Arab country) it was the best and funniest programme of this series. His New Rules were hilarious and his guests were brilliant this week.

I tolerate him and the programme because I'm mainly interested in his guests, not him personally.
Honestly l started to watch this week,then l saw the names his guests Malcolm Nance(It's all the Russkies pimp) & Chris Hayes (I used to have integrity but l have kids now) just couldn't do it.

Hitchez

The show has become unwatchable now,he has trump derangement syndrome.
It's good that the American media is so unrelenting in going after Trump. That's what you've gotta do when it comes to a dick head like Trump.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Bill Maher is Jewish?

Pagh Wraith

He makes the (in my eyes) important distinction that while all religion is wrong and repulsive, they are not all equal with Islam being completely at odds with our modern, liberal values.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

I thought he was raised Irish Catholic

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No, it is not nonsense at all. He is extremely islamaphobic and racist at times.

Btw I'm an atheist myself so have no reason to take sides.
I don't think he's even close to being either. He simply calls out bad ideas, which is well in bounds.

Hitchez

He makes loads of Jew jokes (Unfunny ones) as well. He does need to draw a better distinction between being anti Muslim and anti Islam. He sometimes crosses the line into being a bigot and anti Muslim so I'd say calling him a Islamophobic has some merit. How is he a racist though?

He's just not as funny as he used to be which is his main problem now. His range of guests is the only thing keeping him relevant.

Pagh Wraith

This segment is absolute genius and shows why Maher is in a league of his one. I'm very liberal, though not left-wing so I have my fair share of agreements (religion, free speech, foreign policy) and disagreements (economic policies) with him but he's the only political comedian that makes me laugh every single week with his wit. That and not doing any annoying voices during his show (take note John Oliver).

ChaddyP

This segment is absolute genius and shows why Maher is in a league of his one. I'm very liberal, though not left-wing so I have my fair share of agreements (religion, free speech, foreign policy) and disagreements (economic policies) with him but he's the only political comedian that makes me laugh every single week with his wit. That and not doing any annoying voices during his show (take note John Oliver).
He's so good

If ever there was an embodiment of exactly my thoughts and thinking it's him.

ErranMorad

Does this pass of as liberal these days? I never watch this show but decided to have a look last night, and immediately hated myself. Who is this Zionist bitch? Criticizing a murderous apartheid state for it's atrocities is anti-semitic now? The weirdest part was the calling out Trump, and rightly so, for his 'shooting people who throw rocks' statement and then a few minutes late say Israel is a doing a great job by subjecting the Palestinians to the same. Morons the two of them.

And what was that weird hug at the end? Is Bill fecking her? Or is it some weird Donald-Ivanaka shit going on there.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Does this pass of as liberal these days? I never watch this show but decided to have a look last night, and immediately hated myself. Who is this Zionist bitch? Criticizing a murderous apartheid state for it's atrocities is anti-semitic now? The weirdest part was the calling out Trump, and rightly so, for his 'shooting people who throw rocks' statement and then a few minutes late say Israel is a doing a great job by subjecting the Palestinians to the same. Morons the two of them.

And what was that weird hug at the end? Is Bill fecking her? Or is it some weird Donald-Ivanaka shit going on there.
Yep sadly thats all it takes these days.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That’s Bari Weiss, she seems to be on his show relentlessly now.

Edit. Having seen the clip now, given the personal circumstance can see why she is on.

Last edited:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
https://www.real-time-with-bill-maher-blog.com/index/2018/11/16/adulting

I don’t think it’s a huge stretch to suggest that Donald Trump could only get elected in a country that thinks comic books are important.
I don’t think it’s a huge stretch to suggest that Donald Trump could only get elected in a country that thinks that Bill Maher is equipped to talk intelligently on literature, let alone social and political issues.

The guy is a philistine and a fraud.

Minimalist

Bill Maher isn’t the brightest lamp in the street but you probably shouldn’t be getting so defensive about comic books either.