Reality-Monopoly Draft

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

1 P-Nut | 9 | 14
2 harms | 6 | 18
3 Tuppet | 6 | 6
4 oneniltothearsenal | 4 | 12
5 Pat_Mustard | 8 | 16
6 Skizzo | 9 | 18
7 mazhaR13 | 5 | 2
8 2mufc0 | 6 | 12
9 prath92 | 4 | 4
10 Chesterlestreet | 4 | 16
11 Oaencha | 4 | 20
12 Moby | 9 | 10
13 RedTiger | 10 | 11
14 NM | 3 | 4
15 Enigma_87 | 7 | 21
16 Ecstatic | 9 | 19

P-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho (9) 2. D. De Gea (13) 3. Neymar (19) 4. DROPPED 5. A. Sanchez (26)

harms - 1. DROPPED (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12)

Tuppet - 1. M. Desailly (2) 2. J. Neeskens (9) 3. DROPPED 4. D. Dzajic (19) 5. L. Suarez (14)

Onenil/ctp - 1. J. Bican (D) 2. DROPPED 3. G. Facchetti (25) 4. H. Stoichkov (4) 5. J. Bozsik (8)

Pat_Mustard - 1. R. Gullit (11) 2. A. Brehme (16) 3. DROPPED 4. P. McGrath (2) 5. Paco Gento (23)

Skizzo - 1. Kaka 2. R. Dasayev 3. G. Souness 4. DROPPED 5. M. Buchan

mazhar13 - 1. D. Law (4) 2. U. Seeler (11) 3. P. Nedvěd (16) 4. DROPPED 5. J. Santamaria (19)

2mufc0 - 1. DROPPED 2. E. Davids 3. P.R. Falcao 4. Z. Ibrahimović 5. P. Shilton

prath92 - 1. M. Ballack (4) 2. T. Henry (10) 3. DROPPED (16) 4. C. Tevez (18) 5. R. Donadoni

Chesterlestreet - 1. J. Masopust (6) 2. R. Baraja (13) 3. E. Cantona (18) 4. DROPPED (1) 5. J-P. Papin

Oaencha - 1. A. Del Piero 2. R. Lewandowski 3. S. Gerrard 4. DROPPED 5. S. Campbell

Moby - 1. D. Drogba (7) 2. DROPPED 3. A.Robben (17) 4. N. Vidic (14) 5. M. Sindelar (22)

RedTiger - 1. C. Seedorf 2. Batistuta 3. J. Stam 4. DROPPED 5. F. Redondo

NM - 1. D. Edwards 2. P. Scholes 3. DROPPED 4. John Charles 5. Dani Alves

Enigma_87/Sjor - 1. DROPPED 2. R. Ferdinand (18) 3. DROPPED (26) 4. G. Mendieta (8) 5. Luis Suárez Miramontes (10) 6. K. H. Rummenigge (21)

Ecstatic/MDFC - 1. M. Laudrup (5) 2. Xavi (10) 3. O. Varela (19) 4. DROPPED 5. G. Bailey (1) 6. A. Shevchenko (19)

Block list: Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Passarella, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Eusébio, Ferenc Puskás, Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Gaetano Scirea, Garrincha, George Best, Gerd Müller, Johan Cruyff, Lev Yashin, Lionel Messi, Lothar Matthäus, Luis Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Matthias Sammer, Michel Platini, Paolo Maldini, Pelé, Rivaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

Dropped list: Frank Rijkaard, Samuel Eto'o, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Laurent Blanc, Philipp Lahm, Paul Breitner, Pietro Vierchowod, Giuseppe Bergomi, Kopke, Lizarazu, Jimmy Greaves, Mats Hummels, Alessandro Nesta, Oscar Ruggeri, C. Puyol, V.Valdes, A. Iniesta, Valdes,

@NM

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
For my pick I have to pick a player who's played with the drafter before me, will that be mazhar or prath92?

Tuppet

@Edgar Allan Pillow I am still very confused about the shadow drafting thing, how would this even work ? Every time RT land on a drop box, 2 players would get blocked ? how could this be consistent, what if somebody else had picked Nesta already in previous round. If you want to do this, I suggest Adding anto in a separate line of managers and we just don't pick the players he pick as well.
Its your draft and I am not against you making whatever rules but we should at least know the rules that we are playing with.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Edgar Allan Pillow I am still very confused about the shadow drafting thing, how would this even work ? Every time RT land on a drop box, 2 players would get blocked ? how could this be consistent, what if somebody else had picked Nesta already in previous round. If you want to do this, I suggest Adding anto in a separate line of managers and we just don't pick the players he pick as well.
Its your draft and I am not against you making whatever rules but we should at least know the rules that we are playing with.
Do you mean Nesta has been blocked because Anto has chosen him for his shadow team ?

Edit: the answer is yes and we are 17 teams now

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Does 'played with' also apply to international?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Don't think it will affect the game mechanics much to be honest. Probably couple of players blocked more. EAP can easily put another card in play that would eliminate the same number of players so all in all it's the same.

The only way it will affect it is if anto drops a player that is already picked by another manager, but that I assume won't be counted.
Obviously not. And the upside is you have more managers involved. E.g. there would have been no Davids vs Redondo discussion.

Clearly worth it unless you would rather sit it out in the Fabinho thread.

antohan

I'm about to drive to Brighton to see my dying aunt, I'll be back online in 3 hours, any chance @Edgar Allan Pillow could pm me his last 3 drafts of players? I'll be in a hospital and won't be able to do research.
I listed them as soon as he sent the rolls. Will publish and tag you.

Sorry to hear mate, let me know if you need any help as we are doing the same research!

antohan

@RedTiger Edgar's Excellence @Edgar Allan Pillow, please threadmark

Tactical

EAP (E. Francescoli)
1. T Müller 2. L. Junior 3. R. Donadoni 4. Gentile5. Montero 6. Hellstrom 7. A. Bennarrivo 8. A. Picchi 9. N. Stiles 10. Andy Cole 11. D. Albertini 12. Eder 13. E. Cambiasso

International Peak Draft

EAP 1. J. Cruyff 2. Cafu 3. L. Messi 4. J. Masopust 5. B. Schuster 6. U. Seeler 7. O. Ruggeri 8. F. Collovati 9. H.P. Briegel 10. N. Stiles 11. D. Zoff 12. D. Forlan 13. S. Busquets 14. D. Da Guia 15 J. Neeskens 16. R. Gullit

Bamboozle

EAP - Louis Moult, Stam, Cheyrou, Sir Bobby Charlton, Gento, Amancio, Kubala, Leo Júnior, Zubizarreta, Dinho,Celestine Babayaro, Förster, Law, Kastendeuch

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hm.

I think you may have a point there.

In a normal snake draft, shadowing is unproblematic in this regard - but this is different.

You could, indeed, end up having the shadow manager dropping a player in R7 whom he picked in R5 - and who was then picked by a regular manager in R6.

So, if the policy is that shadow drops count on par with normal/actual drops, you certainly increase the randomness of the thing considerably.

prath92

It's a car crash the last 2 pages. Plenty of unpicked players and then hue and cry about @antohan dropping a player. And like 1 pick amidst all this:rolleyes:

antohan

Hm.

I think you may have a point there.

In a normal snake draft, shadowing is unproblematic in this regard - but this is different.

You could, indeed, end up having the shadow manager dropping a player in R7 whom he picked in R5 - and who was then picked by a regular manager in R6.

So, if the policy is that shadow drops count on par with normal/actual drops, you certainly increase the randomness of the thing considerably.
Obviously not on.

It's just two tiers, the downside for the shadow managers (who could easily have a convo of their own) is all previous manager picks are blocked to them, narrowing the pool more substantially. It also means that those in the official thread can pick a clone of their player which would have to coexist during games. The downside for those in the main thread is they don't have full visibility in real time of the other emerging teams and occasionally get a player randomly dropped.

Funny people find this dynamic such an issue while playing in a draft where two managers can pick a player at any point with a view to screwing the other 14. E.g. P-Nut just dodged losing Dinho by one box (actually, maybe he picked Neymar because he played with Kaká as well? but, again, whatever Skizzo/Pat choose to pick can dictate the picks of the other 14). Take Onenil, Skizzo can go pick any Grande Inter chap and suddenly falling in that box loses him Facchetti.

I love it myself and think Skizzo and Pat probably aren't exploiting it to the fullest extent, would love to be in their shoes trying to both draft well and place Damocles swords on everyone's heads symultaneously. And people complain because Alessandro Nesta is now added to a huge block list :lol::rolleyes:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Don't worry about Anto and Shadow drafting. When there's a overlap I'll post clearly. Just play usual game.

It's a 16 team draft and that's how it stays.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
We don't care about Nesta really.

I understand some would have just preferred more clarity.

Now, they know that anto animates the draft.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Obviously not on.

It's just two tiers, the downside for the shadow managers (who could easily have a convo of their own) is all previous manager picks are blocked to them, narrowing the pool more substantially. It also means that those in the official thread can pick a clone of their player which would have to coexist during games. The downside for those in the main thread is they don't have full visibility in real time of the other emerging teams and occasionally get a player randomly dropped.

Funny people find this dynamic such an issue while playing in a draft where two managers can pick a player at any point with a view to screwing the other 14. E.g. P-Nut just dodged losing Dinho by one box (actually, maybe he picked Neymar because he played with Kaká as well? but, again, whatever Skizzo/Pat choose to pick can dictate the picks of the other 14). Take Onenil, Skizzo can go pick any Grande Inter chap and suddenly falling in that box loses him Facchetti.

I love it myself and think Skizzo and Pat probably aren't exploiting it to the fullest extent, would love to be in their shoes trying to both draft well and place Damocles swords on everyone's heads symultaneously. And people complain because Alessandro Nesta is now added to a huge block list :lol::rolleyes:
I don't mind it myself.

But Tuppet's point is that someone could've picked Nesta before you were forced to drop him. That could happen in a draft like this - and it's obviously a different complaint. Adding players to the blocked list is unproblematic, randomly losing players beyond the known boxes/events is slightly more problematic.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
After reading the last 4 pages with 1 (?) pick, I have concluded that it is actually Pillow's intention to trap us in a Never Ending Draft.

We will be on 10-12 players thinking the draft will finally be over by NYE 2018 and then suddenly Pillow uses the Tax Evasion Punishment card and we all have to drop every player to ever be linked with La Liga.

The drop list will have grown to thousands of players and we will making posts about how lucky we are that Mirjalol Qosimov is still available even after the coveted Uzbekistan Footballers of the Year have mostly been snatched up

Enigma_87

You know who
After reading the last 4 pages with 1 (?) pick, I have concluded that it is actually Pillow's intention to trap us in a Never Ending Draft.

We will be on 10-12 players thinking the draft will finally be over by NYE 2018 and then suddenly Pillow uses the Tax Evasion Punishment card and we all have to drop every player to ever be linked with La Liga.

The drop list will have grown to thousands of players and we will making posts about how lucky we are that Mirjalol Qosimov is still available even after the coveted Uzbekistan Footballers of the Year have mostly been snatched up
Well the Skizzo's card round was essentially as good as injury round as there are 17 dropped players and everyone dropped one and we're in round 6 with 8 more to go.

Moby

Dick

:lol:

Listen to this @Edgar Allan Pillow ! This is crazy enough as it is, don't overdo it! (And ignore everything that clown says).

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

:nervous:

:lol: that's a nice idea.

antohan

I don't mind it myself.

But Tuppet's point is that someone could've picked Nesta before you were forced to drop him. That could happen in a draft like this - and it's obviously a different complaint. Adding players to the blocked list is unproblematic, randomly losing players beyond the known boxes/events is slightly more problematic.
I got that, and obviously it wouldn't affect said manager. I only add unpicked players to the drop list. With this being an all-time draft it's far from being an issue and, instead is like one of those random interferences EAP is so fond of.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Does buying youth/signing their first contract counts as recruitment? It obviously should, but wanted to check @Edgar Allan Pillow
I.e. if a youth player signed for United before Fergie, but got his first game under him, he won't be his recruitment, but a youth product who got into the club under his reign will?

Enigma_87

You know who
Does buying youth/signing their first contract counts as recruitment? It obviously should, but wanted to check @Edgar Allan Pillow
I.e. if a youth player signed for United before Fergie, but get his first game under him, he won't be his recruitment, but a youth product who got into the club under his reign will?
yeah I'd imagine so. I asked the same while ago.

If the said player was in the club before him he won't qualify for the box. If Fergie promoted him/bought him however - does.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I.e. if a youth player signed for United before Fergie, but got his first game under him, he won't be his recruitment, but a youth product who got into the club under his reign will?
Only senior teams. If he was was given first senior team appearance by Fergie then yeah

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Not Muller's greatest game but that goal at 7.00 (match-winner at 88th min) though :drool:, a rainbow flick that even Ronaldinho would be proud of. Glorious stuff

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

1 P-Nut | 9 | 14
2 harms | 6 | 18
3 Tuppet | 6 | 6
4 oneniltothearsenal | 4 | 12
5 Pat_Mustard | 8 | 16
6 Skizzo | 9 | 18
7 mazhaR13 | 5 | 2
8 2mufc0 | 6 | 12
9 prath92 | 4 | 4
10 Chesterlestreet | 4 | 16
11 Oaencha | 4 | 20
12 Moby | 9 | 10
13 RedTiger | 10 | 11
14 NM | 3 | 4
15 Enigma_87 | 7 | 21
16 Ecstatic | 9 | 19

P-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho (9) 2. D. De Gea (13) 3. Neymar (19) 4. DROPPED 5. A. Sanchez (26)

harms - 1. DROPPED (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12)

Tuppet - 1. M. Desailly (2) 2. J. Neeskens (9) 3. DROPPED 4. D. Dzajic (19) 5. L. Suarez (14)

Onenil/ctp - 1. J. Bican (D) 2. DROPPED 3. G. Facchetti (25) 4. H. Stoichkov (4) 5. J. Bozsik (8)

Pat_Mustard - 1. R. Gullit (11) 2. A. Brehme (16) 3. DROPPED 4. P. McGrath (2) 5. Paco Gento (23)

Skizzo - 1. Kaka 2. R. Dasayev 3. G. Souness 4. DROPPED 5. M. Buchan

mazhar13 - 1. D. Law (4) 2. U. Seeler (11) 3. P. Nedvěd (16) 4. DROPPED 5. J. Santamaria (19)

2mufc0 - 1. DROPPED 2. E. Davids 3. P.R. Falcao 4. Z. Ibrahimović 5. P. Shilton

prath92 - 1. M. Ballack (4) 2. T. Henry (10) 3. DROPPED (16) 4. C. Tevez (18) 5. R. Donadoni

Chesterlestreet - 1. J. Masopust (6) 2. R. Baraja (13) 3. E. Cantona (18) 4. DROPPED (1) 5. J-P. Papin

Oaencha - 1. A. Del Piero 2. R. Lewandowski 3. S. Gerrard 4. DROPPED 5. S. Campbell

Moby - 1. D. Drogba (7) 2. DROPPED 3. A.Robben (17) 4. N. Vidic (14) 5. M. Sindelar (22)

RedTiger - 1. C. Seedorf 2. Batistuta 3. J. Stam 4. DROPPED 5. F. Redondo 6. C. Gentile (Edgar Excellence, he can't be picked by NM)

NM - 1. D. Edwards 2. P. Scholes 3. DROPPED 4. John Charles 5. Dani Alves

Enigma_87/Sjor - 1. DROPPED 2. R. Ferdinand (18) 3. DROPPED (26) 4. G. Mendieta (8) 5. Luis Suárez Miramontes (10) 6. K. H. Rummenigge (21)

Ecstatic/MDFC - 1. M. Laudrup (5) 2. Xavi (10) 3. O. Varela (19) 4. DROPPED 5. G. Bailey (1) 6. A. Shevchenko (19)

Block list: Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Passarella, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Eusébio, Ferenc Puskás, Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Gaetano Scirea, Garrincha, George Best, Gerd Müller, Johan Cruyff, Lev Yashin, Lionel Messi, Lothar Matthäus, Luis Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Matthias Sammer, Michel Platini, Paolo Maldini, Pelé, Rivaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

Dropped list: Frank Rijkaard, Samuel Eto'o, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Laurent Blanc, Philipp Lahm, Paul Breitner, Pietro Vierchowod, Giuseppe Bergomi, Kopke, Lizarazu, Jimmy Greaves, Mats Hummels, Alessandro Nesta, Oscar Ruggeri, C. Puyol, V.Valdes, A. Iniesta, Valdes,

Take this list

@NM

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not Muller's greatest game but that goal at 7.00 (match-winner at 88th min) though :drool:, a rainbow flick that even Ronaldinho would be proud of. Glorious stuff
And Heynckes' breakdancing too :lol:

Your productivity never ceases to amaze me