Reality-Monopoly Draft

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
The intention is to force the manager to adopt a new strategy so we don't see the same team with upgrades throughout the draft. Every round should bring something new to the table.
Fair enough mate. I shouldn't moan about randomness after signing up for a fecking Monopoly Draft anyway :)

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The intention is to force the manager to adopt a new strategy so we don't see the same team with upgrades throughout the draft. Every round should bring something new to the table.
Its a noble intention, but the problem is if a manager gets a string of defensive injuries - which happened to me in that other injury draft. You end up desperately trying to find defensive replacements just to stay at par. Anyway, we'll see how it goes :wenger:

I can always go to the underrated 2-3-5 formation !

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I probably won't have the time now but is anyone willing to be bothered with the tokens? It really helps to have a picture of the board and everyone's position every round.

I can do a template and all you'd need will to do is to move the tokens every turn

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I like it.

The old upgrade game can get a bit stale - not least for neutrals.

It's not suited to all kinds of drafts, but it should work here where there's an element of luck/randomness to begin with - in other words, it's not like anyone gets their meticulously planned masterpiece fecked with.

Enigma_87

You know who
I like it as well. Are they available for later rounds like the past monopoly or gone for good?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
@iammemphis want to team up? we will get dumped out in the first round but at least the draft will be fun. We get to curse out @Edgar Allan Pillow
If you are willing to do the majority of the work then great! Haha. And i will do as much as i can. Whats stopping me from helping/playing more is i have a 3 week old baby, a 4 year old hyper daughter and a very tired Mrs when i get back from work! So now im back to work its alot harder to sit down and do it haha. But i would try my best.

R1 Rolls

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Dice Roll - Round 1

Since this is 1st roll, you go straight to the box as per rolled number.

1. P-Nut - Box 9
2. harms - Box 10
3. Tuppet - Box 2
4. oneniltothearsenal - Box 8
5. Pat_Mustard - Box 11
6. Skizzo - Box 7
7. mazhar13 - Box 4
8. 2mufc0 - Box 8
9. prath92 - Box 4
10. Chesterlestreet - Box 6
11. Oaencha - Box 5
12. Moby - Box 7
13. RedTiger - Box 9
14. NM - Box 3
15. Enigma_87 - Box 10
16. Ecstatic - Box 5

Last edited:

NM

@Edgar Allan Pillow i am assuming everyting I need to know is in the first post?

@iammemphis no worries. Help as much or as little as you want. I'll PM you. I think we got a good first roll :)

Skizzo

Having a stupid moment here as I'm sure it was mentioned and now I can't find where...but the spoilered list of players in the OP from the previous five drafts...are those blocked players, or for a certain criteria?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@Edgar Allan Pillow

1) Should add the default pick clarification to the OP - the list of ineligible players is there, but not the actual part about the default pick (I'm talking about the default pick for pat/skizz/WC winners, etc. ).

2) Will the players people lose through pat/skizz/WC winners, etc. (and the injured ones after R5) be added to the blocked list - or do they go back into the pool?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Having a stupid moment here as I'm sure it was mentioned and now I can't find where...but the spoilered list of players in the OP from the previous five drafts...are those blocked players, or for a certain criteria?
It's for when you don't have any players who can be dropped due to having playing with one of yours, or Pats, or having won the WC, etc. If you land on one of those boxes with no relevant player, you have to pick a player who is NOT on that list (the players from the past five drafts).

NM

FFS Charlton and Best are blocked. Feck!

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
@Edgar Allan Pillow for box 10 - all players that lost national cup right? Does it matter if they won it prior or afterwards?
Yes. They need to have featured in a cup finals on the losing side.

My bad. If box has no pool, then default criteria applies. I'll amend OP. Copy/Paste error

@Edgar Allan Pillow

1) Should add the default pick clarification to the OP - the list of ineligible players is there, but not the actual part about the default pick (I'm talking about the default pick for pat/skizz/WC winners, etc. ).

2) Will the players people lose through pat/skizz/WC winners, etc. (and the injured ones after R5) be added to the blocked list - or do they go back into the pool?
I'll add more clarity.

I can't believe this...I have to pick sloppy seconds from that bum @Edgar Allan Pillow :(
First step on your road to redemption.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
P-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho
harms -
Tuppet -
Oneniltothearsenal -
Pat_Mustard -
Skizzo -
mazhar13 -
2mufc0 -
prath92 -
Chesterlestreet -
Oaencha -
Moby -
RedTiger -
NM -
Enigma_87 -
Ecstatic -

@harms

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
So what does 8 mean for the first turn?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Update on Injuries and Replacements:

Replacements - Players who had to be replaced because of Manager dropping into Boxes 1, 8, 15 and 22 are blocked for the rest of the draft.

Injuries - Players who are "injured" will not be available for that round. They will be back into the team after that round. HOWEVER, they can only play 1 match for the rest of the tournament.

For example:

Injured in Initial Drafting -> Unavailable for R1. Back in team for QF.
- Can play for QF and if he plays QF he get injured again for rest of draft, or
- Managers can "rest (not play)" him for QF and play him in SF. He then get blocked for Finals.​

harms

Staff
P-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho
harms - 1. F. Rijkaard
Tuppet -
Oneniltothearsenal -
Pat_Mustard -
Skizzo -
mazhar13 -
2mufc0 -
prath92 -
Chesterlestreet -
Oaencha -
Moby -
RedTiger -
NM -
Enigma_87 -
Ecstatic -

Block lost: Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Passarella, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Eusébio, Ferenc Puskás, Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Gaetano Scirea, Garrincha, George Best, Gerd Müller, Johan Cruyff, Lev Yashin, Lionel Messi, Lothar Matthäus, Luis Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Matthias Sammer, Michel Platini, Paolo Maldini, Pelé, Rivaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

@Tuppet

edited: 1989/90 Copa Italia

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Any link?

To all, please post a link supporting your pick.
Not legit, as far as I can tell.

Probably has the '87 final in mind: Servette lost to Young Boys.

But Rummenigge didn't play in that match - I don't think he signed for Servette until the following season.

At any rate, he did not feature in that match - and Servette didn't lose any other final during his stint there.

harms

Staff
Wondering about that. I did a brief search and could not find the link easily.
Yeah, changed the pick if it's alright with you. I underestimated my tiredness, somehow searched the Swiss Cup runners up from 1984 to 1987 (Inter years)

harms

Staff
Not legit, as far as I can tell.

Probably has the '87 final in mind: Servette lost to Young Boys.

But Rummenigge didn't play in that match - I don't think he signed for Servette until the following season.

At any rate, he did not feature in that match - and Servette didn't lose any other final during his stint there.
Yeah, it wasn't even a 1986-1987 confusion, it was simpler and more stupid. Great start to the draft :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, it wasn't even a 1986-1987 confusion, it was simpler and more stupid. Great start to the draft :lol:
It happens - and no damage done.

Good thing it was caught quickly - would've been a potential mess if we'd discovered it down the line somewhere.

On a different note, it turns out RSSSF has line-ups from all Swiss cup finals dating back to the 30s. Which is nice to know - if you're a maniac.

It's not easy to search for it, though - as the first hits you get is usually just the overview (and not the details they actually - and impressively - offer).

Tuppet

Born in Ghana never played for Ghana - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Desailly

P-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho
harms - 1. F. Rijkaard
Tuppet - 1. M. Desailly
Oneniltothearsenal -
Pat_Mustard -
Skizzo -
mazhar13 -
2mufc0 -
prath92 -
Chesterlestreet -
Oaencha -
Moby -
RedTiger -
NM -
Enigma_87 -
Ecstatic -

Block lost: Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Passarella, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Eusébio, Ferenc Puskás, Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Gaetano Scirea, Garrincha, George Best, Gerd Müller, Johan Cruyff, Lev Yashin, Lionel Messi, Lothar Matthäus, Luis Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Matthias Sammer, Michel Platini, Paolo Maldini, Pelé, Rivaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

@oneniltothearsenal