Reality-Monopoly Draft

Moby

Dick
Also, I'm not sure what to expect when the mod looks at a round where the likes of Heinze, Gallas etc were picked as says that's too good...

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Also, I'm not sure what to expect when the mod looks at a round where the likes of Heinze, Gallas etc were picked as says that's too good...
I definitely got the shortest straw with Heinze. At least his surname won't look out of place, I guess.

antohan

The obvious insight @Edgar Allan Pillow is it is best to let people have sprints picking their own guys and interferences are better handled as events (e.g. randomly allocating or injuring 16 in one go) than voiding entire rounds.

The "fix" comes from choosing YOUR player. The only interesting picks here were bound to be ONTTAs and Pat's.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't get why you guys are following the order. Just get on with it and once Daniel comes we roll.
@Edgar Allan Pillow said that we should, and the order was reversed like it was a normal round.
His original first come first serve suggestion was better - drunken smarts.

antohan

@Edgar Allan Pillow said that we should, and the order was reversed like it was a normal round.
His original first come first serve suggestion was better - drunken smarts.
TBH, the problem with FCFS was no one wanted to go first but, instead, preferred to see what transpired as to player quality. That impasse was the main reason Edgar told you guys to start in the draft order but I see absolutely no reason to respect manager's turns, it's not like you are affecting them at all and they sure don't give a shit if the player they were thinking about goes.

It seems everyone is comfortable with acting like sheep and wary of pulling the trigger before someone has already pulled it on them.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
TBH, the problem with FCFS was no one wanted to go first but, instead, preferred to see what transpired as to player quality. That impasse was the main reason Edgar told you guys to start in the draft order but I see absolutely no reason to respect manager's turns, it's not like you are affecting them at all and they sure don't give a shit if the player they were thinking about goes.

It seems everyone is comfortable with acting like sheep and wary of pulling the trigger before someone has already pulled it on them.
Relax. Let's all not start reinventing the rules.

It's 8 hrs pick as normal and only 4 more to go for this round. I agree this has been a slow round. Dynamics aside nothing much can be done if people are not online for 8hrs. I have the rolls for next round ready and we'll get back up to speed quick.

NM

As usual, @antohan isn't part of the draft officially, and will complain and then try to influence it. Some things never change. :lol::lol:

RedTiger

Half mast
Guys, it's been a bad day today because my aunt passed away. I haven't really researched a player for @NM I just assumed the players would be available but unbelievably all 6 players I thought of have been blocked! I'm too generous.

Are you adamant about a left winger NM?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Guys, it's been a bad day today because my aunt passed away. I haven't really researched a player for @NM I just assumed the players would be available but unbelievably all 6 players I thought of have been blocked! I'm too generous.

Sorry for your loss.

If you are busy, I could allot one for him.

NM

Sorry to hear that RT. I can do instead with a hard working right winger or a balanced LB. Is that ok?

Oaencha

I'm finally back from work and will make a decision on my pick.

@Moby I want to pick you the best player I can. Would you prefer a CB or a DM? Obviously with good awareness and passing skills.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I assumed most would choose a midfielder, and CB/FB choices surprises me.
why the feck would anyone choose a midfielder? You choose the least important position and thats fullback, you can still use the other fullback for specific tactical reasons while on the other hand you can get away with balanced/defensive one.

Enigma_87

You know who
I assumed most would choose a midfielder, and CB/FB choices surprises me.
Most have couple of midfielders in and would like to complete the set themselves to fit stilistically in the team. You can arguably fit a FB CB easier IMO, especially a lot of top FB's, CB's left to be picked.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sure, that's why you picked Gary Bailey, huh?
Like you, I thought they would build a team to put everybody in danger.

Skizzo doesn't share your values.

Look at the map:

5 managers were in an unwelcome situation... and Skizzo used his card (WC and not Champions League), which has strengthened most teams in the end!

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
why the feck would anyone choose a midfielder? You choose the least important position and thats fullback, you can still use the other fullback for specific tactical reasons while on the other hand you can get away with balanced/defensive one.
Really? Imo, you can get away with a weak midfielder snuck in the middle surrounded by good player than a weak fullback, esp when we have the likes of Dzagic, Genro and Giggs in this draft.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Sincere condolences

Enigma_87

You know who
Really? Imo, you can get away with a weak midfielder snuck in the middle surrounded by good player than a weak fullback, esp when we have the likes of Dzagic, Genro and Giggs in this draft.
Then you pick a top LCB/RCB to cope with your weakness or a defensive minded midfielder in that zone.

You pick a weak midfielder in a possession based team and the whole game plan falls apart.

Enigma_87

You know who

My condolences mate, sorry for your loss :(

Šjor Bepo

Was talking in general(real life) tbh not regarding drafts, probably the reason why i have such a record in this:lol:
If you are having to put a weak player on the pitch or just a random player that might not fit tactically its a no brainer for which position you are going IMO

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Snake oil :D
Midfielders pretty much decide what football your side is going to play, you can't put that to a chance

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Then you pick a top LCB/RCB to cope with your weakness or a defensive minded midfielder in that zone.

You pick a weak midfielder in a possession based team and the whole game plan falls apart.
Another option is to transform an offensive player into a RB

Šjor Bepo

once again tiger, sincere condolences.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Didn't EAP have three RBs in a side once?