Reality-Monopoly Draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We know Oaencha is undergoing tough times personally, so no point complaining about that. We wait for 8 hrs and then crack on with it.
It is precisely because he is dealing with more important things that I don't see the point of putting undue pressure on him. At least I would rather people moved on than waited around.

As usual, @antohan isn't part of the draft officially, and will complain and then try to influence it. Some things never change. :lol::lol:
I'm not complaining, just stating the bleeding obvious. Looks like you haven't been around matchthreads lately. Little to no input.

antohan

Guys, it's been a bad day today because my aunt passed away. I haven't really researched a player for @NM I just assumed the players would be available but unbelievably all 6 players I thought of have been blocked! I'm too generous.

Are you adamant about a left winger NM?
Sorry to hear that mate. As I said earlier, let me know if you need any help with research as we have the same boxes every time.

antohan

Really? Imo, you can get away with a weak midfielder snuck in the middle surrounded by good player than a weak fullback, esp when we have the likes of Dzagic, Genro and Giggs in this draft.
It depends on what you want to build. The wrong style midfielder is a complete arse as the whole unit becomes disjointed.

In my case (5 at the back or diamond) FB was also critical while a decent CB can be propped up by the rest.

antohan

Was talking in general(real life) tbh not regarding drafts, probably the reason why i have such a record in this:lol:
If you are having to put a weak player on the pitch or just a random player that might not fit tactically its a no brainer for which position you are going IMO
Agreed, you learn that back in school, the worse players end up at FB or goalie. The importance of fullbacks is greater these days, but the logic remains that it is the best place to shift weaknesses (away from the spine).

antohan

Snake oil :D
Midfielders pretty much decide what football your side is going to play, you can't put that to a chance
Edgar never built a midfield, he keeps putting 5 great attackers together, 3 good defenders and something in between. Like Pantsil.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Enigma_87 I'm really struggling with a "balanced" LB. Will an attacking one do?
I had the same issue with 'pacey' CB. I only understand sentences like 'great CB' or 'greatest European CB between 1951 and 1952'

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Edgar never built a midfield, he keeps putting 5 great attackers together, 3 good defenders and something in between. Like Pantsil.
Pantsil! That's who it was. I tried to remember

Moby

Dick
I don't mean to skip the order but since I am going off soon and mine and @RedTiger 's requests are pretty much separate I'll go ahead. The pool's a bit thin with the blocks but hopefully this is okay:

PAULO FUTRE

Club
Porto
Atlético Madrid​
Benfica​
Milan​
Individual

A highly talented and creative left-footed winger, whose playing style initially drew comparisons with Diego Maradona, Futre was known in particular for his explosive acceleration, as well as his excellent technical ability; his dribbling skills, pace, agility and quick feet, enabled him to be extremely fast with the ball at his feet and allowed him to take on several opponents.

Due to his vision and work-rate, Futre was capable both of creating and scoring goals, and was a versatile player who was also deployed as a second striker and as an attacking midfielder on occasion during his time in Italy.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho (9) 2. D. De Gea (13) 3. Neymar (19) 4. DROPPED 5. A. Sanchez (26) 6. Bale (16) 7. G Heinze

harms - 1. DROPPED (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12) 6. R. Giggs (18) 7. Carvajal

Tuppet - 1. M. Desailly (2) 2. J. Neeskens (9) 3. DROPPED 4. D. Dzajic (19) 5. L. Suarez (14) 6. Van Hanegem (6) 7. A. Chivadze

Onenil/ctp - 1. J. Bican (D) 2. DROPPED 3. G. Facchetti (25) 4. H. Stoichkov (4) 5. J. Bozsik (8) 6. J. Zanetti (12) 7. D. Walker

Pat_Mustard - 1. R. Gullit (11) 2. A. Brehme (16) 3. DROPPED 4. P. McGrath (2) 5. Paco Gento (23) 6. A. Pirlo (16) 7. Viv Anderson

Skizzo - 1. Kaka 2. R. Dasayev 3. G. Souness 4. DROPPED 5. M. Buchan 6. R van Nistelrooy (18) 7. I. Helguera

mazhar13 - 1. D. Law (4) 2. U. Seeler (11) 3. P. Nedvěd (16) 4. DROPPED 5. J. Santamaria (19) 6. P. Vieira (2) 7. S. Jardine

2mufc0 - 1. DROPPED 2. E. Davids (17) 3. P.R. Falcao (25) 4. Z. Ibrahimović (3) 5. P. Shilton (8)6. L. Thuram (12) 7. A. Carboni

prath92 - 1. M. Ballack (4) 2. T. Henry (10) 3. DROPPED (16) 4. C. Tevez (18) 5. R. Donadoni (16) 6. P. Montero (4) 7. W. Gallas

Chesterlestreet - 1. J. Masopust (6) 2. R. Baraja (13) 3. E. Cantona (18) 4. DROPPED (1) 5. J-P. Papin (1) 6. T. Finney (16) 7. D. Hamann

Oaencha - 1. A. Del Piero 2. R. Lewandowski 3. S. Gerrard 4. DROPPED 5. S. Campbell 6. O. Dembele 7. Nelinho

Moby - 1. D. Drogba (7) 2. DROPPED 3. A.Robben (17) 4. N. Vidic (14) 5. M. Sindelar (22) 6. R. Keane (10)

RedTiger - 1. C. Seedorf 2. Batistuta 3. J. Stam 4. DROPPED 5. F. Redondo 6. C. Gentile 7. Futre

NM - 1. D. Edwards 2. P. Scholes 3. DROPPED 4. John Charles 5. Dani Alves 6. Cannavaro

Enigma_87/Sjor - 1. DROPPED 2. R. Ferdinand (18) 3. DROPPED (26) 4. G. Mendieta (8) 5. Luis Suárez Miramontes (10) 6. K. H. Rummenigge (21)

Ecstatic/MDFC - 1. M. Laudrup (5) 2. Xavi (10) 3. O. Varela (19) 4. DROPPED 5. G. Bailey (1) 6. A. Shevchenko (19)

Block list: Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Passarella, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Eusébio, Ferenc Puskás, Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Gaetano Scirea, Garrincha, George Best, Gerd Müller, Johan Cruyff, Lev Yashin, Lionel Messi, Lothar Matthäus, Luis Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Matthias Sammer, Michel Platini, Paolo Maldini, Pelé, Rivaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

Dropped list: Frank Rijkaard, Samuel Eto'o, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Laurent Blanc, Philipp Lahm, Paul Breitner, Pietro Vierchowod, Giuseppe Bergomi, Kopke, Lizarazu, Jimmy Greaves, Mats Hummels, Alessandro Nesta, Oscar Ruggeri, C. Puyol, V.Valdes, A. Iniesta, Valdes

antohan

I don't mean to skip the order but since I am going off soon and mine and @RedTiger 's requests are pretty much separate I'll go ahead. The pool's a bit thin with the blocks but hopefully this is okay:

PAULO FUTRE

Cracking player, was overdue an outing. I assumed RT needing a winger was inconsistent with my wingerless formations, but would happily play him as a second striker.

RedTiger

Half mast
@NM I've narrowed it down to a solid leftback, a hard working left sided midfielder and a number of rightwingers with different attributes.
Which would you prefer?

Keep in mind these players might not be top 5 picks but they're not sheep either.

NM

@NM I've narrowed it down to a solid leftback, a hard working left sided midfielder and a number of rightwingers with different attributes.
Which would you prefer?

Keep in mind these players might not be top 5 picks but they're not sheep either.
Solid LB will do

RedTiger

Half mast
OK. I thought long and hard about this one, it was between this guy and 2 Englishmen but I didn't know how well the English guys would have been received even though one was a 2 time European cup winner and the other part of one of the best back 4s in English history.

Anyway, I went with a player who originally started as a midfielder but converted to a LB later in his career and went on to become the starting leftback for his nation as well as winning a European Cup final.

The reason I chose him was because @NM said he wants a magical leftwinger and anyone who can cover for the defensive inadequacies of Ronaldinho on the left is a solid FB in my book.

Gio van Bronckhorst.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
OK. I thought long and hard about this one, it was between this guy and 2 Englishmen but I didn't know how well the English guys would have been received even though one was a 2 time European cup winner and the other part of one of the best back 4s in English history.

Anyway, I went with a player who originally started as a midfielder but converted to a LB later in his career and went on to become the starting leftback for his nation as well as winning a European Cup final.

The reason I chose him was because @NM said he wants a magical leftwinger and anyone who can cover for the defensive inadequacies of Ronaldinho on the left is a solid FB in my book.

Gio van Bronckhorst.
Rate him as a decent player personally.

Oaencha

This is proving to be a massive pain. Am I really not allowed to pick anyone from the previous drafts?

Oaencha

Okay... I have gone through the entire list for all the drafts and I can't find this player anywhere. I'm actually suprised he hasn't been picked. I hope you like this guy Moby.

Oaencha

Bloody hell. You guys are way too nice. This has been a risk-free bonus round really :lol:
He wouldn't really fit in the team I'm trying to build and it was balls hard finding a good player who isn't on the block list. I'm also hoping there is some kind of karma equilibrium and Chester picks me someone useful.