Rebuilding Real Madrid - how do you do it? | Buy well

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
From PSG? :lol:

We'll be all over either of them the moment PSG is open to sell. Which will be never :lol:

Mbappé 2022 :drool:
It's rumoured the owners are losing interest due to the club's lack of CL success.

I'd say Perez might want to test the waters there.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's rumoured the owners are losing interest due to the club's lack of CL success.

I'd say Perez might want to test the waters there.
Mbappe seems impossible for this summer. Neymar could be. At least last year it was said that after two years in France there could be some possibility.
The president would love it but I'm not sure it's Zidane's plan.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane wants his son to be second GK. The club prefers Lunin

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Buy: Hazard, Mbappe, Pogba/Eriksen, Alex Sandro
Hazard Mbappe Isco
Pogba Casemiro Kroos
Sandro Varane Ramos Carvajal
Courtois
Something like this probably. Easy thing about "rebuilding" Madrid is that for them the answer will always be hand pick the best players in the world. Pretty much only they can do that strategy. Barcelona to a much lesser extent.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Vinicius ahead of Isco please.:nono:

They'll sign 1-2 elite (Pogba/Eriksen + Hazard looking likely) and then gamble on 3-4 potential. Never heard of Ferland Mendy and briefly heard about Rodrygo although seems Madrid have signed him anyway.

Dash247

Buy Young, Sanchez, Lukaku, Jones, Darmian, Rojo. Not sure about them but it can at least sort us out.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A couple of days ago ABC, a serious newspaper and quite close to Madrid wrote that Kroos and Modric remain.

https://www.abc.es/deportes/real-madrid/abci-kroos-y-modric-no-mueven-casa-201905120052_noticia.html

Zidane told to Modric that he was counting on him, to play more advanced, but keeping in mind that he would have to fight for his position.
Zidane did not understand very well the criticisms of Kroos, who apparently is a player quite sensitive to everything that is said about him (as seen on his twitter) but also let him know that he would stay, but perhaps delaying his position.

Right now,according to rumors, could be something like that (I don´t know very well where to situate Rodrygo)
Hazard Benzema/Jovic Vini/Asensio
Pogba/Modric
Kroos Ndombelé?/Casemiro?​

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Madrid are in a far worse position than us. We have a core group of young talented players with attitude problems. They have a core group of shite, unmotivated or ageing players and their entire squad needs an overhaul. If they were in the premier league and not la liga, they'd have struggled to get more than 60 points.

el3mel

Madrid are in a far worse position than us. We have a core group of young talented players with attitude problems. They have a core group of shite, unmotivated or ageing players and their entire squad needs an overhaul. If they were in the premier league and not la liga, they'd have struggled to get more than 60 points.
They aren't. Almost all top players in the world will want to play for them and will have their head they turned on if they interested in any of them whatever their current struggling while the same can't be said about us.

They will build their team and will return to glory faster than us, easily.

mariachi-19

They aren't. Almost all top players in the world will want to play for them and will have their head they turned on if they interested in any of them whatever their current struggling while the same can't be said about us.

They will build their team and will return to glory faster than us, easily.
Mate, where is this magical money going to come from? Madrid are far from an oil funded club and them and their dickheaded mates up the road have pretty much fecked the transfer market for themselves. They literally cannot afford to sign both Pogba and Hazard in this window and they have Bale on their books on some ridiculous fee.

The one positive from Woodward is he's right, United are not dependent on the champions league to be profitable. Its a bonus, but because we're in the biggest league with the most coin and we're the biggest draw card, we get a larger slice of the tv revenue.

el3mel

Mate, where is this magical money going to come from? Madrid are far from an oil funded club and them and their dickheaded mates up the road have pretty much fecked the transfer market for themselves. They literally cannot afford to sign both Pogba and Hazard in this window and they have Bale on their books on some ridiculous fee.

The one positive from Woodward is he's right, United are not dependent on the champions league to be profitable. Its a bonus, but because we're in the biggest league with the most coin and we're the biggest draw card, we get a larger slice of the tv revenue.
Madrid are a pretty rich club and actually haven't spent much for some years now. I think they are ready to splash the cash in 2 or 3 markets to rebuild the squad then back to not spending much.

We aren't dependent on CL for money but at the same time any top players will think many times before agreeing to sign for a club in a sorry state like us. Previously it was just 2 or 3 bad years but now it's 6 years with no hope in the future. Not many top players will risk their career joining us while for Madrid you just know they will move heaven and earth to return soon and any player will have his head turned on for their interest.

Money isn't everything. We have money but we don't have anything else to convince top players. No trophies, no titles, no known project, no CL, nothing! Just money and there are even other teams in the league with more money than us.

mariachi-19

Madrid are a pretty rich club and actually haven't spent much for some years now. I think they are ready to splash the cash in 2 or 3 markets to rebuild the squad then back to not spending much.

We aren't dependent on CL for money but at the same time any top players will think many times before agreeing to sign for a club in a sorry state like us. Previously it was just 2 or 3 bad years but now it's 6 years with no hope in the future. Not many top players will risk their career joining us while for Madrid you just know they will move heaven and earth to return soon and any player will have his head turned on for their interest.

Money isn't everything. We have money but we don't have anything else to convince top players. No trophies, no titles, no known project, no CL, nothing! Just money and there are even other teams in the league with more money than us.
Madrid are more than likely paying the price for over spending at the start of this decade when they didnt really have the cash to splash. They're also rebuilding their stadium (or atleast updating it) which also take a hit to their ability to spend money as freely as people like to think they can.

What annoys me about this forum is that the entire understanding of whats going on, is based of a single person (Gary fecking Neville of all people who Sir Alex in his own words, has a tendency to go way over the fecking top) having a piss and moan in his role as a pundit (a job that he is literally paid to cause drama in), without any word or backing from any other person about the Structure of Manchester United, aside from two over the hill and useless managers who have completely failed in their roles despite having the better part of 500 million + to spend on a group of players they then complained about.

In other words, we dont have a fecking clue whats going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment. Guess what but, its not Uniteds obligation to tell anybody whats going on behind the scenes. We've got dickheads like Scholes son coming out on twitter, dribbling shit when scholes etc probably have as much clue about the management of United as they do about managing a football team (ie feck all). The Glazers are fully aware that the drawcard to Manchester United is based on success. Sponsors want to be affiliated with success. Why else invest 500 million +? why not be like spurs or arsenal and feck around with minimal signings. The reason behind the failure to renovate OT is probably based on the fact that they are fully aware the playing group needs fixing before the stadium does.

And dont give me this shit about our club not being able to convince top players. We signed Pogba/Zlatan/Mkhitaryan all without champions league football.

el3mel

Madrid are more than likely paying the price for over spending at the start of this decade when they didnt really have the cash to splash. They're also rebuilding their stadium (or atleast updating it) which also take a hit to their ability to spend money as freely as people like to think they can.

What annoys me about this forum is that the entire understanding of whats going on, is based of a single person (Gary fecking Neville of all people who Sir Alex in his own words, has a tendency to go way over the fecking top) having a piss and moan in his role as a pundit (a job that he is literally paid to cause drama in), without any word or backing from any other person about the Structure of Manchester United, aside from two over the hill and useless managers who have completely failed in their roles despite having the better part of 500 million + to spend on a group of players they then complained about.

In other words, we dont have a fecking clue whats going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment. Guess what but, its not Uniteds obligation to tell anybody whats going on behind the scenes. We've got dickheads like Scholes son coming out on twitter, dribbling shit when scholes etc probably have as much clue about the management of United as they do about managing a football team (ie feck all). The Glazers are fully aware that the drawcard to Manchester United is based on success. Sponsors want to be affiliated with success. Why else invest 500 million +? why not be like spurs or arsenal and feck around with minimal signings. The reason behind the failure to renovate OT is probably based on the fact that they are fully aware the playing group needs fixing before the stadium does.

And dont give me this shit about our club not being able to convince top players. We signed Pogba/Zlatan/Mkhitaryan all without champions league football.
I replied on this point.

Yeah we signed these players when we were just 3 years of being bad. There was sense of hope these are just few odd years, but now with top manager and new project it's a new start etc.

Now it's 6 full years of being crap, finishing outside top 4 for 4th time in 6 years and under 4th manager after 3 failing ones and the current one doesn't look even that successful after the disgusting run we had last 2 months. Our manager is saying in public the target next season will be to close the gap with 3rd and 4th and finish top 4 so straight from the go no promise of title challenge in recent future.The structure of the club is total mess and no one knows who is going to be in charge of transfers next summer. Other big players we have are all linked for a move away in summer.

You will need an absolute miracle to convince a top player at the peak of his career to risk it and join this toxic environment.

Previously there was hope it is just one or 2 odd bad years but under top manager and new project everything is changing, now the club is getting worse and worse every year with no hope in the recent of future in challenging of anything. Circumstances changed. It is very obvious it isn't just some odd bad years, it's that the club is totally a mess from up to bottom. Sorry but no big player is going to risk destroying his career by joining us.

No one cares much about prestige and these useless things. They want project, trophies and title challenging. If you can't provide them with this and just have money there are many other clubs that are willing to pay and will offer them better chances to win big things.

I'm pretty certain Madrid will be back in 2 years at max while for United it's not less than 5-10 years and maybe even more.

MrEleson

They haven't spent anything big in years now. They'll have plenty of money to spend.

Plus, they'll recoup funds from the sales of players like James for €45M; Kovacic €30-40M; Navas €12-15M; T.Hernandez €30M & Bale for probably around €50-60M if not more. They could feasibly make back half of what they would spend on Hazard and Pogba without even hurting their actual transfer budget with the sale of these players. Not to mention, they could even offload younger stars like Llorente and Ceballos for reasonable fees.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They haven't spent anything big in years now. They'll have plenty of money to spend.

Plus, they'll recoup funds from the sales of players like James for €45M; Kovacic €30-40M; Navas €12-15M; T.Hernandez €30M & Bale for probably around €50-60M if not more. They could feasibly make back most of what they would spend on Hazard and Pogba without even hurting their actual transfer budget with the sale of these players. Not to mention, they could even offload younger stars like Llorente and Ceballos for reasonable fees.
They will be trimming their squad too much in that case. They will need more than Hazard and Pogba

MrEleson

They will be trimming their squad too much in that case. They will need more than Hazard and Pogba
3 of the players I initially listed aren't even at the club at the moment; they're on loan (Kovacic, T.Hernandez & James) while the other two are out of favour (Bale & Navas). I think they should be fine with the rebuilding without it affecting them financially too much.

They probably should keep Llorente and Ceballos though.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
We should keep signing players in their mid 20s or younger and maybe finally buying a proper CF and no new goal keepers ffs!

Siorac

Real Madrid have higher revenues than United though. Not sure where you got the idea that they don't have money or that we are richer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46970252

mariachi-19

Real Madrid have higher revenues than United though. Not sure where you got the idea that they don't have money or that we are richer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46970252
There is a significant difference between Revenue and Profit...

Revenue is money coming in. Profit is the amount of which the club makes after all the costs and expenditures are removed from the revenue.

I believe in 2018 we generated 40 million pound in net profit compared to Mardrid's 35 million euro. We also purchased a huge chunk during that time period compared to Madrid.

So if they're not generating as much net profit while not investing in their side, how are they magically going to find these ridiculous funds? At best they have 150 million in player assets they can realistically sell. Thats not even the amount we'd ask for Pogba.

Last edited:

Siorac

There is a significant difference between Revenue and Profit...

Revenue is money coming in. Profit is the amount of which the club makes after all the costs and expenditures are removed from the revenue.

I believe in 2018 we generated 40 million pound in net profit compared to Mardrid's 35 million euro. We also purchased a huge chunk during that time period compared to Madrid.

So if they're not generating as much net profit while not investing in their side, how are they magically going to find these ridiculous funds? At best they have 150 million in player assets they can realistically sell. Thats not even the amount we'd ask for Pogba.
That's not much of a difference in profits when clubs do indeed ask 150 million for their players.

So I don't see how we can claim to be in a better position. We have the weaker squad, we have similar finances, they have more pulling power for top players.

mariachi-19

That's not much of a difference in profits when clubs do indeed ask 150 million for their players.

So I don't see how we can claim to be in a better position. We have the weaker squad, we have similar finances, they have more pulling power for top players.
Again, you're not seeing the issue there...

We are spending money while making profit of 40 million pounds.

They are spending feck all and making profits of 30 million euro's.

Hawks2008

They should sign hard working Spanish lads who will be grateful to be there and are la liga proven.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
More important than spending some crazy money (which of course is needed) is how gonna Zidane build the team with all newcomers and all departed. His main problem in his first stint was the lack of clear structure of play and game model. The Frenchman needs to focus more on that side of the things this time, otherwise his man and in-game management would not be enough to bring them back to the top again..

Siorac

Again, you're not seeing the issue there...

We are spending money while making profit of 40 million pounds.

They are spending feck all and making profits of 30 million euro's.
But you're actually wrong there. They made a NET profit of 31.2 million euros.

We made a net LOSS of 37.3 million pounds in the 2018 financial year. Now, according to the reports, it was mostly down to a change in the US corporate tax rate (for some reason reducing the tax rate meant losses for us...) but still.

Our operating profit was somewhat higher than Madrid's net profit but then we're not comparing the same thing. We do have somewhat higher cash reserves though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Their forwards on top form are spectacular to watch though. And i disagree about their midfield. They went after players with very specific strengths that meshed with Klopp's ideas and were the perfect support for the defence and attack. The job of the midfield is support, it's always been that way
Messi is. So's Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Eriksen, Dybala, Hazard, James, Coutinho...
Pogba is not quite that type of player(more like Iniesta really) but he's a joy to watch on the ball and effective as well.
Doing 3 nutmegs never justified your presence on the pitch for a top team. It's always been a bonus. Denilson was one of the best at that, and he never amounted to anything, and would have never amounted to anything in any era because as Xavi perfectly put it "being entertaining and being good are two very different things"
I answer you here better not to derail the other thread.
Would you sign him? would you pay 80 or 90 million ?. I have seen very little but in the Champions I have not been impressed at all.
It is a good player, but when you overpay for a player -even if it is an external factor- it tends to have a very negative effect if things go badly, as with Coutinho for example.
It makes me sad to think about what we paid for Modric and Kroos and now to bring this guy for such a large amount.

cyberman

They need a main striker that can patch over faults in a side.
Not saying its easy but it is what it is. Madrid aren't Madrid without the best striker in world footballm

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Would you sign him? would you pay 80 or 90 million ?. I have seen very little but in the Champions I have not been impressed at all.
It is a good player, but when you overpay for a player -even if it is an external factor- it tends to have a very negative effect if things go badly, as with Coutinho for example.
It makes me sad to think about what we paid for Modric and Kroos and now to bring this guy for such a large amount.
Depends. If the choice is Eriksen for 80-90mil or another season of Kroos-Modric, then yes, i'd take eriksen. Tbf i'd rather just keep James :(

Now, if we were to sign Kane or Lewandowski, then i'm not sure. Either way we need a guy who can score

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Depends. If the choice is Eriksen for 80-90mil or another season of Kroos-Modric, then yes, i'd take eriksen. Tbf i'd rather just keep James :(

Now, if we were to sign Kane or Lewandowski, then i'm not sure. Either way we need a guy who can score
hahaha, that´s depressing.
Well, it looks like Jovic is close.

El Zoido

Eriksen would do wonders at Madrid and would thrive in the Spanish league. Price is tough but that’s modern football.

Makelele

They need a main striker that can patch over faults in a side.
Not saying its easy but it is what it is. Madrid aren't Madrid without the best striker in world footballm
Perhaps you are right but I believe that Benzema is enough if they build enough in the other attacking areas.

In my humble opinion, Mane should be a top priority. More so than Eriksen. The combo of Hazard playmaking ability, Benzema link up play and Mane’s quick and enduring play would be very nice indeed.

Of course you would love to have peak Robaldo in there but world class strikers are one in a million these days.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm still pissed we didn't go all out for De Jong. That was the player :devil:
Today in COPE they were talking about signings and were quite pessimistic.
I mean, Jovic / Mendy / Hazard and maybe a midfielder, but nothing sure, and certainly not 150 for Pogba.
I still hope that Florentino will do something big. Like you, I do not trust Zidane's confidence in Modric / Kroos.
Barça are signing very well, and let´s see De Ligt. It would be the worst scenario but imagine Barcelona with the GMN in the attack :houllier:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Today in COPE they were talking about signings and were quite pessimistic.
I mean, Jovic / Mendy / Hazard and maybe a midfielder, but nothing sure, and certainly not 150 for Pogba.
I still hope that Florentino will do something big. Like you, I do not trust Zidane's confidence in Modric / Kroos.
Barça are signing very well, and let´s see De Ligt. It would be the worst scenario but imagine Barcelona with the GMN in the attack :houllier:
Not happening no matter how much barcelona want to pretend like it's possible. PSG will rather keep him in the stands. Seriously, the way spanish media keep trying to sell the possibility of Neymar/Mbappé leaving while also acknowledging PSG are not a normal club and don't think or act like a normal club is hilarious :lol:

And i do have confidence in Zidane as of yet. Certainly more than in Florentino who has entered his decadent phase. Sooner he's gone the better, and it's not even about my personal dislike of him. He's completely lost the plot

And if Zidane wants Pogba for 150m? We should pay it. Pogba would be phenomenal for us next to Hazard, with either Modric or Kroos and Case as his bodyguards. Pogba in the right setup is a difference maker. Plus he's still only 26! He's going to get better even

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Not happening no matter how much barcelona want to pretend like it's possible. PSG will rather keep him in the stands. Seriously, the way spanish media keep trying to sell the possibility of Neymar/Mbappé leaving while also acknowledging PSG are not a normal club and don't think or act like a normal club is hilarious :lol:

And i do have confidence in Zidane as of yet. Certainly more than in Florentino who has entered his decadent phase. Sooner he's gone the better, and it's not even about my personal dislike of him. He's completely lost the plot

And if Zidane wants Pogba for 150m? We should pay it. Pogba would be phenomenal for us next to Hazard, with either Modric or Kroos and Case as his bodyguards. Pogba in the right setup is a difference maker. Plus he's still only 26! He's going to get better even
in what sense lost the plot?. I am a loyal Florentinista hehe.
150 + Raiola.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

It kills me to think about Pogba leaving us. He's the only player who can hold his head up high after the season we've had. I wouldn't sell him for 200m if I was in charge. If you have aspirations to be the best you dont sell players like him. Hypothetically though, if he goes to you he will destroy it with the finest of ease.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
in what sense lost the plot?. I am a loyal Florentinista hehe.
150 + Raiola.
He's won a lot and now he's entered the full megalomania god-complex mode where he believes he's some omnipotent supergenius king midas and starts making bs decision after bs decision and ends up ruining everything. He's already started :lol:

:(

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He's won a lot and now he's entered the full megalomania god-complex mode where he believes he's some omnipotent supergenius king midas and starts making bs decision after bs decision and ends up ruining everything. He's already started :lol:

:(
I 'm getting dizzy. I'm going away to take a little air and meditate on the satanic words that you have dedicated to our beloved president.