Reception for Di Maria at Old Trafford?

crossy1686

career ending
I'm more annoyed with myself for letting an insignificant ex United footballer wind me up by shouting feck off after they scored. I forgot he even existed before this game...

Sylar

Has he spoken badly about us since leaving? I was surprised it was as bad as it was. It wasnt like Ince who played for Liverpool, or tevez or even Heinze.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don't understand why we don't just create an hostile environment like most European fans do? Put some pressure on their team, instead we booed him a little and got fecked in the fecking arse for it.

Charlie Foley

All else aside the booing of di Maria provided me with my favourite moment on a shite night-right after the bottle incident the fans in the corner were shouting something at him and there’s some tubster front row not only mouthing off but recording di Maria on his phone. Either showing di Maria is a star, or he just needed documentation of how much of a banter legend he and his mates are. Reminded me of arsenal fans rushing to shout abuse at adebayor while 200 of them are held back by 3 stewards

Cloud7

Agreed, it's weird how upset some people are at him. He did nothing at United and got sold. Are this lot going to boo Mkhytharian when we go to Arsenal? Pointless.
Fecking hell I completely forgot he was a United player :lol: It says something when you can remember Obertan but not Mkhi :lol: He’s another one that’s barely even a footnote in the history of the club.

El-Manos

He’s an idiot but so are some of our fans. He barely played for us, we should have ignored him.

Member 90887

I'm more annoyed with myself for letting an insignificant ex United footballer wind me up by shouting feck off after they scored. I forgot he even existed before this game...
A feck y**/off followed by Jose's favorite insult.

I think that we shouldn't have given him any attention as well. but i understand our frustration and some of the fans hate for him. he used united to get out of Madrid and get his move to PSG, finding every excuse on the way to do it, including shitting on the city.

ForestRGoinUp

A feck y**/off followed by Jose's favorite insult.

I think that we shouldn't have given him any attention as well. but i understand our frustration and some of the fans hate for him. he used united to get out of Madrid and get his move to PSG, finding every excuse on the way to do it, including shitting on the city.
I get civic pride and all that, but he's not from there and within months of moving there someone burgled his house. That has an effect on anyone who has just moved to a new city. He buttfecked the boo birds last night. And the newly extended captain and starting RB for Manchester United...Ashley Young.

Dave89

Surely he was just yelling at whatever section was closest to where they were celebrating. No need to make this any worse than it is.
The disabled section runs along the goal line between where he took the corner and where the goal went in. He then turned around to the goal line and yelled abuse at the disabled fans. What am I missing?

Dave89

You misjudged the situation, badly. If you think he was aiming abuse intentionally at the disabled section you should probably go and post in the comment section on the daily mail website, fit in perfectly.
Denying something that happened on camera. Are you on a day trip here from rawk?

lsd

The Oracle
The disabled section runs along the goal line between where he took the corner and where the goal went in. He then turned around to the goal line and yelled abuse at the disabled fans. What am I missing?

So you think he looked around the ground to see where the disabled fans,where so he could go over and abuse them ?

He yelled at the fans in front of him and had every right to giving the idiotic abuse he received

I'm totally on his side here our fans who booed him and threw a bottle at him are complete morons .

All it did was make him play better and ensure he had the last laugh.

We got exactly what we deserved

Sylar

I don't understand why we don't just create an hostile environment like most European fans do? Put some pressure on their team, instead we booed him a little and got fecked in the fecking arse for it.
Yeah, similar to Barca at home in 08. Boo and jeer every touch of theirs especially at the beginning. See if they can handle it. For a European night, it certainly seemed like an away game.

Adebesi

So you think he looked around the ground to see where the disabled fans,where so he could go over and abuse them ?

He yelled at the fans in front of him and had every right to giving the idiotic abuse he received

I'm totally on his side here our fans who booed him and threw a bottle at him are complete morons .

Agreed. I do not believe for a minute he intended to direct his ire at disabled fans.

I'm not a match goer myself so I appreciate many will feel I should keep my opinions to myself. But from the comfort of my armchair I would say I wish the fans booing him had instead directed their energy into singing Ole's At The Wheel or something else positive.

Dave89

Can agree that the moron who threw the bottle should be banned and charged, but how can can you defend someone who stands a couple of feet away from vulnerable children and adults screaming abuse at them, at the same time as lambasting people who boo a footballer?

Bizarre.

shahzy

Does it really matter? I mean who even cares. The fans were talking shit and I'm sure saying profanities, he got wound up and retaliated. That seems like a pretty normal thing to do. Much Ado about nothing

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Feck him! Cupping his ears and telling us to Shhh. Spineless, gutless little P***k. The last Cnut that did that to us (Cupping his ears) was Carlos Tevez. Another Pr**k I hate. He wasn't even that good apart from his assist and was kept him fairly quiet.

Judas

Open to offers

Nailed it.

Dave89

Go yell profane abuse at a group of disabled people in the street like he did. Come back when you get bail and let us know how it went.

El Zoido

I don’t know why he got such a bad reception. He’s barely worth a mention in our recent history, I couldn’t have mustered the energy to boo him. But yes, it definitely pushed his performance up a notch so well done.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I never understood the di maria hate. He didn't want to he here but stayed the year and was doing okayish but van gaal ruined his time here. Then he had his house robbed.

So he left and left an open letter to the fans not saying anything bad in the slightest.

Why is he called a snake?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I never understood the di maria hate. He didn't want to he here but stayed the year and was doing okayish but van gaal ruined his time here. Then he had his house robbed.

So he left and left an open letter to the fans not saying anything bad in the slightest.

Top reds

predator

Youth NITK
That video of him shows him facing the psg fans right? Even if it was towards our fans it's just emotion and reaction from him. He's not a robot. It's staggering when you think about it - those who were calling him every name under the sun and wishing injury on him, throwing bottles at him etc also the ones offended when he reacts. Just move on.

Dave89

How are you so good at intentionally missing the point even when people repeatedly point it out?
What's the point? If someone upsets you, disabled people from the same background are fair game for retaliation?

If someone said the bottle thrower might not have meant to hit him, they'd rightly be laughed at, but you're saying with a serious face that he can repeatedly scream f off at someone and not really mean it?

If he's that unhinged that he can scream f off directly at someone in public without even knowing who it is he's screaming at, then I think this whole thread should be pulled out of respect as he seeks the appropriate help.

To be clear, if he'd gone and celebrated/cupped his ears/whatever at the fans who were booing him, I'd say fair enough. I'd personally even give him a free shot at the twunt who threw the bottle, but the facts are he targeted unwarranted abuse at a group of disabled supporters and their carers. That needs dealt with.

Irwin99

Because his level of performance was utterly shocking and apathetic after the Christmas period of that year and there's a massive difference between someone on big wages who is at least trying and failing miserably (Sanchez) and someone who is just unprofessional and can't wait to leave (Di Maria). I totally understand that he didn't settle well and the house issue was terrible but there wasn't even the minimum effort at times. OT is usually very tolerant compared to other big clubs but the fans know when a player isn't making an effort. There was even a teammate recently said that he was a 'complete fanny' during his time here...I can believe it.

Dave89

Why are you being such a drama queen?
Angel Di Maria hurled profane abuse at disabled supporters and their carers.

Cut out the ad hominem attacks, prove me wrong, or keep on defending such activity.

Adebesi

What's the point?
The person you directed your question at might have a different answer. Mine would be that, as a player, surrounded by 75,000 people, 70,000 ish of them United fans and many of them hurling abuse at you, it may not be easy to pick out which direction, specifically, the worst of the abuse is coming from. It may not be obvious, in the heat of the moment, that you are facing the disabled section. I can imagine the crowd looks like a blur, and its pretty disorientating. Its certainly nothing like abusing someone one-on-one in the street.

Judas

Open to offers
The person you directed your question at might have a different answer. Mine would be that, as a player, surrounded by 75,000 people, 70,000 ish of them United fans and many of them hurling abuse at you, it may not be easy to pick out which direction, specifically, the worst of the abuse is coming from. It may not be obvious, in the heat of the moment, that you are facing the disabled section. I can imagine the crowd looks like a blur, and its pretty disorientating. Its certainly nothing like abusing someone one-on-one in the street.
Exactly. It's so simple, so painfully obvious, I'm baffled how many times its needed to be explained.

Ainu

Angel Di Maria hurled profane abuse at disabled supporters and their carers.

Cut out the ad hominem attacks, prove me wrong, or keep on defending such activity.
He hurled abuse back at a set of supporters who were hurling abuse at him all match. How is that anything to get so worked up about? It's unsavory behaviour from both sides but sadly that's the state of football these days.

Dave89

If you walk around yelling f off at people without knowing who you're targeting, you need either help or consequences.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
He made 27 appearances and scored three goals for us before moving on...hardly a pillar of our history who betrayed us and left us in the gutter. I’d rather the crowd create a hostile and intimidating atmosphere towards the whole opposition team rather than try to be cool by singling out a rat who played a few games for us

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Speaking as someone who has been on and around the pitch during a match, it's not a blur mate (that said I haven't been on a pitch with thousands of people telling me to feck off, whilst having to run miles)
That doesn't mean he was targetting the disabled section though, as I highly doubt they were giving Di Maria any abuse anyway.

Untd55

I find booing pathetic and petty. I do not know how people can even be bothered to go to the effort of booing everytime a certain player gets the ball.

It doesn't even make sense with Di Maria as all he did was come here, perform poorly and leave. Has he even talked about us afterwards?