Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I recently redownloaded it and god it really is an awesome game. Since I’ve already completed it, this time I’m really going slow. I don’t think I will leave the first camp before doing every hunting item as this initial camp is still my favourite and from a narrative point of view this is the part of the game with the least urgency so it feels right just sodding off for days at a time to hunt.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I recently redownloaded it and god it really is an awesome game. Since I’ve already completed it, this time I’m really going slow. I don’t think I will leave the first camp before doing every hunting item as this initial camp is still my favourite and from a narrative point of view this is the part of the game with the least urgency so it feels right just sodding off for days at a time to hunt.
My problem is I’d love to play it again, but I did all this first time round. Feel like I did everything I’d want to do. It’s bollocks they haven’t released any dlc

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don’t think I will leave the first camp before doing every hunting item as this initial camp is still my favourite and from a narrative point of view this is the part of the game with the least urgency so it feels right just sodding off for days at a time to hunt.
This is a good idea, I’ve still got the hunting and legendary fish to catch but seems weird doing it now towards the end of the game.

TrustInJanuzaj

My problem is I’d love to play it again, but I did all this first time round. Feel like I did everything I’d want to do. It’s bollocks they haven’t released any dlc
Yeah fair enough, I did some of it but never managed to get through everything so I'd love to try and 100% it this time, but that's a huge time grab. With you on the DLC, it would have been absolutely perfect. Either another undead nightmare or even just a spin-off, of one of the other characters like Sadie would have been class. Alas no money in that these days and they make far more continuing to milk GTA :(.

TrustInJanuzaj

This is a good idea, I’ve still got the hunting and legendary fish to catch but seems weird doing it now towards the end of the game.
Exactly the same position I was in and no offence to John who I liked but I didn't have much inclination to push on at that stage. The initial chapters 2-3 are the most logical point to go off and piss about completing most of the side content so I'm attempting to do it in that order this time around.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah fair enough, I did some of it but never managed to get through everything so I'd love to try and 100% it this time, but that's a huge time grab. With you on the DLC, it would have been absolutely perfect. Either another undead nightmare or even just a spin-off, of one of the other characters like Sadie would have been class. Alas no money in that these days and they make far more continuing to milk GTA :(.
You'd think it would still sell enough to be worth it. It's such a shame

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You can justify it as wanting to spend time doing wholesome stuff before the inevitable. He obviously regrets being such a bastard so it kinda fits.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've just restarted this too, can't figure out which way to do things, don't we need to open the map up more to unlock things? I can't remember at all.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I've just restarted this too, can't figure out which way to do things, don't we need to open the map up more to unlock things? I can't remember at all.
IIRC you can go anywhere right from the get go as I ended up in Saint Denis by just sitting on the roof of a train straight after starting Chapter 2. I'm not sure there's too much locked behind progression other than main missions and some store content. I can't say with a great deal of certainty though, but it wouldn't take long to find out by just heading to a settlement that isn't Valentine as soon as you start Chapter 2. Blackwater obviously a no go area though.

TrustInJanuzaj

I was initially unsure about this too but I think most of the game is unlocked right from the off. You can go to all the major cities bar black water because of the story-related bounty. I think most of the clothes/weapons are linked to honor rather than story progression. Most of the legendary animals are available (some are story-based though) and you get the fishing rod while still in chapter 2 I believe so you can probably do all of those bits. Even most of the stranger missions are available though I suspect you probably can’t finish all of them without progressing the main story onwards at some point. All of that means you could easily spend the majority of the game staying at chapter 2 in the first camp which is certainly what I’m gonna try.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
IIRC you can go anywhere right from the get go as I ended up in Saint Denis by just sitting on the roof of a train straight after starting Chapter 2. I'm not sure there's too much locked behind progression other than main missions and some store content. I can't say with a great deal of certainty though, but it wouldn't take long to find out by just heading to a settlement that isn't Valentine as soon as you start Chapter 2. Blackwater obviously a no go area though.
Yeah, I think everything is open from the get go, just not weapons, and not all side quests and characters.

I also did a lot of side stuff along the way, so once I was done with all the missions, I only had the boring stuff left, like finding all animals, fishing all legendary fish, finding all dream catchers, getting gold on all the missions, etc. All that can be found easily with the online guides, but I really don't feel like doing that grind, so I'm done with the game until I want to do the main story again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
As part of the July 13th update, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online on PC will offer NVIDIA DLSS support to all Windows users with eligible NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards. The newly supported feature boosts frame rates and generates beautiful sharp images.
Been waiting for a long time for this. :drool:

Moby

Dick
Finished this few days back. Absolute masterpiece in terms of writing and such a diversified experience throughout the game. Loved every bit of it and would love to give it another playthrough.

Would be a massive waste if this doesn't get adapted into a TV series. Especially if someone brilliant plays Arthur, that would be dope.

lilcurt

Finished this few days back. Absolute masterpiece in terms of writing and such a diversified experience throughout the game. Loved every bit of it and would love to give it another playthrough.

Would be a massive waste if this doesn't get adapted into a TV series. Especially if someone brilliant plays Arthur, that would be dope.
My only issue with a TV series is I'd want it to tell a new story in the world. Not just rehash the game as we have experienced that already in a more engaging medium.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Deadwood would be as close as you’ll get. It’s a masterpiece if you haven’t seen it. Shakespearian.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Played it last year and just started a run through again last week - gonna be a right horrid bastard this time though.

Last edited:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Arthur’s last ride when it has that way it is song over the top gets me everytime

Paxi

Thats how my friend described it to me when he gave me the box set back in the day. “It’s like Shakespeare but with loads of cursing, cock sucker being the insult of choice” :lol:
Swearing in the show is unparalleled. It's epic.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Deadwood would be as close as you’ll get. It’s a masterpiece if you haven’t seen it. Shakespearian.
That's exactly what I said to Mrs Volumiza. We've just been watching it, me for the 2nd time and her for the first. She's a good girl is my Mrs and the swearing was putting her off but I tried to make her see it differently and the sentence structure is almost poetic, Shakesperian as you say. Genuinely one of my favourite TV shows.

Like all good TV shows, it seamlessly mixes the grim and dark with humour. All the characters are amazing too.

Sometimes a sentence has so much filth and expletives that I can only laugh out loud.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That's exactly what I said to Mrs Volumiza. We've just been watching it, me for the 2nd time and her for the first. She's a good girl is my Mrs and the swearing was putting her off but I tried to make her see it differently and the sentence structure is almost poetic, Shakesperian as you say. Genuinely one of my favourite TV shows.

Like all good TV shows, it seamlessly mixes the grim and dark with humour. All the characters are amazing too.

Sometimes a sentence has so much filth and expletives that I can only laugh out loud.
It takes a bit of getting used to but like anything else if you put the time in it’s a very rewarding show. Some of the very best acting you’ll ever see. Your Mrs sounds like a keeper :)

Moby

Dick
My only issue with a TV series is I'd want it to tell a new story in the world. Not just rehash the game as we have experienced that already in a more engaging medium.
Yeah that's true. I won't mind something different but even the same story as long as someone worthy plays Arthur would be well worth a watch. There are soooooo many scenes and dialogues in the game that would make an absolutely incredibly written show.

Siorac

Arthur’s last ride when it has that way it is song over the top gets me everytime
I kinda choked up at that - and then...

When they killed my horse and Arthur quietly said "thank you" I cried like a little girl.

Arthur Morgan's a brilliant character. I'm not sure I ever grew so attached to a character in a video game. His arc works absolutely perfectly if, like many, you start the game with trying to be a ruthless bastard and then end up with high honour as the events progress.

Paxi

When they killed my horse and Arthur quietly said "thank you" I cried like a little girl.

Arthur Morgan's a brilliant character. I'm not sure I ever grew so attached to a character in a video game. His arc works absolutely perfectly if, like many, you start the game with trying to be a ruthless bastard and then end up with high honour as the events progress.
Name me a game that brings out emotions like that?

It’s a master piece.

Paxi

His illness and subsequent death rocked me to the core. I went to his grave as John Marston. Brought a little tear to my eye.

Again, it’s an exceptional game. And playing it on PC on Ultra settings just make me marvel at it.