Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Moby

Dick
I really need to play one of these some time soon.
Spidey is brilliant. Combines the combat of Arkham series with aesthetics of the entire new york city almost block to block and the goofy personality of spidey. Missions and story is good, although the boss battles are largely rather dumb. I used to fire it up after finishing just to go sit on top of the empire state building or the avengers tower and look around. :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Spidey is brilliant. Combines the combat of Arkham series with aesthetics of the entire new york city almost block to block and the goofy personality of spidey. Missions and story is good, although the boss battles are largely rather dumb. I used to fire it up after finishing just to go sit on top of the empire state building or the avengers tower and look around. :lol:
Just never been a Spider-Man fan so never felt the urge to play one but it’s like I’m a sad little island called Neverplayedspidey. The waves of everyone else’s enjoyment constantly lapping gently and ambivalently at my shore!

SirAnderson

I have this game on my pc for about 4 months. I started it, but ever since I read it can take up to forever to finish it, I just can't get myself to play it. I finished God of War today after 2 and a half weeks, and my wife was like "Finally". She'd probably divorce me if I played this finished. :lol: :nervous:

So will just have to live through other peoples amazement of this game and take their word for it.

Moby

Dick
I have this game on my pc for about 4 months. I started it, but ever since I read it can take up to forever to finish it, I just can't get myself to play it. I finished God of War today after 2 and a half weeks, and my wife was like "Finally". She'd probably divorce me if I played this finished. :lol: :nervous:

So will just have to live through other peoples amazement of this game and take their word for it.
It is fairly long. Definitely much longer than GoW as it actually has infinitely more content but yeah it's a proper sandbox and to truly enjoy it you'd need to heavily get into it. At least do all side missions if not collecting all the stuff etc.

SirAnderson

It is fairly long. Definitely much longer than GoW as it actually has infinitely more content but yeah it's a proper sandbox and to truly enjoy it you'd need to heavily get into it. At least do all side missions if not collecting all the stuff etc.
Yeah I played a couple hours when I just got it and I realized it was crazy big. I'm the kind that has to get fully absorbed, can't really move on to the game/series till I finished it, and I knew from a couple hours in I was definitely not going to be able to dedicate the time needed to fully enjoy it. Sucks though, seems to be a really awesome game.
Think I will maybe just watch one of the game movie with some gameplay one day on YouTube, cause I do want to see how the story plays out.

Moby

Dick
Yeah I played a couple hours when I just got it and I realized it was crazy big. I'm the kind that has to get fully absorbed, can't really move on to the game/series till I finished it, and I knew from a couple hours in I was definitely not going to be able to dedicate the time needed to fully enjoy it. Sucks though, seems to be a really awesome game.
Think I will maybe just watch one of the game movie with some gameplay one day on YouTube, cause I do want to see how the story plays out.
Yeah. It's a fantastic game. Not really much of combat but interacting with the whole GW and the dialogue and writing is top notch. You get fully absorbed in the main character's story.

Bosws87

Its a slog and even though the world is superb, graphics, animations and the storyline is well written and presented the gameplay for me was very forgettable, wishing it to end by the final third.

Its like marmite some people think its the best thing ever made others one of the most boring.

Moby

Dick
wishing it to end by the final third.
Oh mate. The last chapter and the epilogue were incredible.

The game starts a bit slow but really picks up during the chapter with the whole family rivalry and after that just keeps on getting better and better with each chapter.

Except the point where you have to catch the massive rare fish. That had my thumbs a bit sore. :lol:

Bosws87

The game starts a bit slow but really picks up during the chapter with the whole family rivalry and after that just keeps on getting better and better with each chapter.

Except the point where you have to catch the massive rare fish. That had my thumbs a bit sore. :lol:
I nearly lost it when part of the game was doing manual labour to progress the story, i already have to spend 5 days of my week working for someone else nevermind in game :lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I got 2/3 of the way through and gave up. None of the characters really resonated with me and the missions were too repetitive for my liking. I enjoyed the train robberies and exploring the world in the beginning but that's about it. I've seen some YouTube videos of how smart the random NPCs are and I can appreciate all the effort that has gone into making the world. But I just didn't find it that fun.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

It's one of those games that can take forever to finish, but when you do you wish that it never ended.

Moby

Dick
It's one of those games that can take forever to finish, but when you do you wish that it never ended.
Rockstar should shut up shop if they don't come up with more DLCs. It's one of the greatest gameworlds ever created and should have so much content. Plenty of characters to have them based on as well.

I missed playing it so much after finishing it that I would just ride to Saint Dennis at times and go enjoy some theatre. :lol:

Bosws87

Its a great benchmarking tool for showing off your pc hardware to your mates.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Agree. The montage is amazing, and the change of pace at the end is really nice and pretty unusual.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Rockstar should shut up shop if they don't come up with more DLCs. It's one of the greatest gameworlds ever created and should have so much content. Plenty of characters to have them based on as well.

I missed playing it so much after finishing it that I would just ride to Saint Dennis at times and go enjoy some theatre. :lol:
I keep considering replaying it but I just don't have the time :lol: just going around and shooting shit was amazing.

big rons sovereign

I never got round to finishing it, I'll reinstall it with the intention of playing it through, then get sidetracked and wander off into the wilderness.
The same with GTA.
I finished the first red dead as well as the undead nightmare. Both of which were excellent.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's worth persevering, has one of the best stories in video games of all time.

the music as you are riding the horse which would eventually be Arthur's last ride was chilling. Atmosphere like that is legendary /SPOILER]

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Start of Chapter 2 going to Blackwater to find Sean, and I accidentally got too close to the town and the law came after me. Somehow managed to get in a shootout with them alongside Charles and Javier, which was pretty fun. Then silence...... So I walked into Blackwater and eventually got shot down.

It was great fun until I found myself ten minutes later going to Valentine and noticed that bounty hunters were after me. $300 bounty and I have about $8.79.............

Terry Chango

I never got round to finishing it, I'll reinstall it with the intention of playing it through, then get sidetracked and wander off into the wilderness.
The same with GTA.
I finished the first red dead as well as the undead nightmare. Both of which were excellent.
It’s so easy to do and took me sooooooo long. Especially when they then brought out RDR2 online before I was even half way through.

I then started playing online more and ended up finishing the actual game about a year later.

Thinking about doing another save at some point and playing it out different to the first save.

amazing game

Terry Chango

Start of Chapter 2 going to Blackwater to find Sean, and I accidentally got too close to the town and the law came after me. Somehow managed to get in a shootout with them alongside Charles and Javier, which was pretty fun. Then silence...... So I walked into Blackwater and eventually got shot down.

It was great fun until I found myself ten minutes later going to Valentine and noticed that bounty hunters were after me. $300 bounty and I have about $8.79.............
That’s enough for a bath, rub down and place to stay. You’ll be fine

Enjoy the game and try to avoid spoilers on here.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Holy shit…you on pc or console ?

shame the zombie mod is only for PC. They’ve got to bring an official one surely as online is so broken.
Console - was tempted to get the PC version if my machine wasn't so shit.

I'm really enjoying it this time around because it looks highly unlikely that Rockstar will ever make a game quite as detailed as this ever again, or anyone for that matter :(

Terry Chango

Console - was tempted to get the PC version if my machine wasn't so shit.

I'm really enjoying it this time around because it looks highly unlikely that Rockstar will ever make a game quite as detailed as this ever again, or anyone for that matter :(
Console too.

Stunning game and Rockstar did a great job apart from the online but that’s an added bonus. Mate of mine never even attempted the story and went straight to online.

In ten years time I’m sure they’ll be a trilogy :drool:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
The game is a masterpiece. Going back to other open world games and it's like ''what is this rubbish!?''. I'll never forget entering Valentine for the first time, it felt like a real lived in settlement.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Console too.

Stunning game and Rockstar did a great job apart from the online but that’s an added bonus. Mate of mine never even attempted the story and went straight to online.

In ten years time I’m sure they’ll be a trilogy :drool:
RDR3 coming this Christmas! Order now and receive the Good Boah horse skin for just 250 RockBucks plus early access to Chapter 2 (all content from Chapter 2 map locked until official launch date).

Buy the Special Edition (£99) to receive 50% off on all upcoming Chapter packs purchases (packs not guaranteed, actual number of chapter packs subject to change) or buy all Chapter packs today for just £75. Each chapter pack will include at least five story missions, two legendary animals and one new firearm in a new location the size of Guarma (not guaranteed, actual amount of content subject to change).

Pre-order the base game plus the first Chapter Pack this week for just £10 and play as a revived Arthur throughout your entire experience, if we ever release the entire thing hahahahaha.

RDR3 Online sold separately, but mandatory, for an additional £30.

MiceOnMeth

is there really going to be a RDR3?

edit: feck Dutch
Highly doubt it now that Dan houser is left Rockstar. I think rdr was his baby

Tbh I see gta6 being the last real rockstar game and they'll just keep adding to GTA online from then on

Bebe

I've been playing this for the last couple months. Such a mammoth game and so much fun to mess around in without making story progress. I'm now worried I won't finish before Hogwarts Legacy comes out.

Rockstar games are never my favourites (controls always feel clunky to me) but I have no hesitation in saying this is one of the best games I've ever played in terms of pure quality, art direction and attention to detail.

Currently camped by Rhodes, just finished ripping off the Braithwaites and Grays because Dutch, in his infinite wisdom, continues to want to do illegal shit that will draw heat while pontificating about a bright new future for all his followers. The only part of the story I find unbelievable is everyone's allegiance to a guy who seems like a puffed up used car salesman to me. I have no idea what happens in the rest of the story but I did have a friend who has finished the game indicate that I'm not wrong in doubting Dutch.

Kaush949

Took 2 years:

100% completion
99.9% compendium (couldnt get flaco revolver due to a glitch)
Collected all trapper clothing
Went back to Guarma and stole a horse

:cool: