Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Can't be a direct sequel as the game was about the death of the old west + you play as his son in 1914. Should be set in the late 1800's, hopefully it's not about John's old gang as we know how that ends.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Rockstar pretty much always create entirely new main characters for sequels, do they not?

Eriku

Can't be a direct sequel as the game was about the death of the old west + you play as his son in 1914. Should be set in the late 1800's, hopefully it's not about John's old gang as we know how that ends.
Completely agree. I'd much prefer them to turn back the years, as one of the main points of RDR was the transition into modern day.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It probably will be about Marston's gang. From Reddit...

I usually hate prequels with a passion but raising hell as a gang of outlaws would be pretty great.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I hope they include mechanical steam powered spiders in this one.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
I'd definitely want to see some Red Indians this time (pardon, Native Americans), instead of Mexicans. John Marston teaming up with Sitting Bull and kicking Custer's ass. Certainly don't want any collecting of herbs and flowers etc.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It probably will be about Marston's gang. From Reddit...

I usually hate prequels with a passion but raising hell as a gang of outlaws would be pretty great.
But, but, but.. it's not Red Dead REDEMPTION :(

rcoobc

I'd definitely want to see some Red Indians this time (pardon, Native Americans), instead of Mexicans. John Marston teaming up with Sitting Bull and kicking Custer's ass. Certainly don't want any collecting of herbs and flowers etc.
Well, there was that one dude who

turned into a Zombie

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Daym, looks purty. Gonna have to acquire a PS3 I suppose and finally catch up on the last one.

Hoof the ball

Talk about good timing, what with Westworld, RDR2 and the resurgence of Western movies within the last few years. Everything is set to make this game a critical and commercial success.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
After enjoying Undead Nightmare a lot I found the original game really boring and couldn't stick with, thought it was bland and too empty, but from that trailer it seems like this one will be better in that regard.

Ainu

Looks stunning but it's disappointly short. Can't really make much of it other than that the environments will look great, but that was to be expected.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
After enjoying Undead Nightmare a lot I found the original game really boring and couldn't stick with, thought it was bland and too empty, but from that trailer it seems like this one will be better in that regard.
Think they need to have a lot more varied stuff going on in the world. The random sequences you found got repetitive after a bit and there wasn't that much else going on. Not enough anyway imo. If there's anyone I trust to do open world though, it's Rockstar.

I'd like some rpg elements too, aside from picking crappy flowers and a couple of whole outfits.

rcoobc

IT LOOKS AMAZING!

Do we know if its John or Jack?
I was the opposite actually. Loved the normal game, but found Undead Nightmare a bit weird. Saving every town just involved running round in circles (not unlike COD Zombies now I think about it) with all the zombies chasing me and sometimes stabbing one or two.

paulscholes18

IT LOOKS AMAZING!

Do we know if its John or Jack?

I was the opposite actually. Loved the normal game, but found Undead Nightmare a bit weird. Saving every town just involved running round in circles (not unlike COD Zombies now I think about it) with all the zombies chasing me and sometimes stabbing one or two.
John as it Looks like it's set before Jack was born

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I thought that they covered just about every Wild West cliché imaginable in the last one (injuns notwithstanding). Be interesting to see what else they can come up with.