Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I had an Xbox 360 and I only played RDR for a couple of days. Now that I recall what a great game it was, I really regret not playing it back at the day. Anyways, I'm on PS4 now. My best bet to play it will be a remaster? Or is there any other option to play RDR on PS4?
Noop, remaster or nothing (Xbone is backwards compatible though). I had a PC in the last gen and was eternally pissed they never ported it, thought they'd be certain to do it for the PS4 when I got that...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.
GTA style cowboys and indians, cops and robbers? :drool:

Dobba

Interested to how they implement this, particularly with the limitations of the time period compared to GTA V.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Multiple characters could be good or could be bad.

In GTA, it was good playing as Trevor as it really fitted the going mental in GTA theme. But it was also good to play as Michael as a slightly more sane character.

I guess they could go along those lines too for this. A batshit crazy woman could be quite interesting.

That said, I think I prefer playing as one character and getting into it properly.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
PS4 and XBone logos only on website.
2017 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4 & Xbox One)
2018 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC)
2019 - GTA Vice (PS4 & Xbox One)
2020 - GTA Vice (PC)
2021 - GTA Vice (PS5 and XBox Two)
2022 - Red Dead Redemption 2 Remaster (PS5 and Xbox Two)

$$$$$

pascell

2017 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4 & Xbox One)
2018 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC)
2019 - GTA Vice (PS4 & Xbox One)
2020 - GTA Vice (PC)
2021 - GTA Vice (PS5 and XBox Two)
2022 - Red Dead Redemption 2 Remaster (PS5 and Xbox Two)

$$$$$
Is that the name of the next GTA or guesswork?

rcoobc

Is that the name of the next GTA or guesswork?
Guesswork. But if they call the next installment GTA VI, then marketing wise it makes sense

This was a mock-up on reddit

They tend to like using the same locations over and over again (which I'm fine with, you get a history of the place, etc).

London - GTA London
Liberty City - GTA, GTA III, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA IV,
Los Santos - GTA San Andreas, GTA V
Rest of San Andreas - GTA, GTA San Andreas
Vice City - GTA, GTA Vice City.

Not to mention everyone likes to debate which was best, San Andreas or Vice City. Vice City easily had the better environment.

So yeah I'm guessing... but I think it's a good guess.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

In GTA, it was good playing as Trevor as it really fitted the going mental in GTA theme. But it was also good to play as Michael as a slightly more sane character.

I guess they could go along those lines too for this. A batshit crazy woman could be quite interesting.

That said, I think I prefer playing as one character and getting into it properly.
Armistice from Westworld !

Sweet Square

Any female character would be good as Rockstar male characters are just the same bloke in different clothes. The only decent one was Max Payne and even that got boring after the second game(The best character in Max Payne is Mona Sax).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Any female character would be good as Rockstar male characters are just the same bloke in different clothes. The only decent one was Max Payne and even that got boring after the second game(The best character in Max Payne is Mona Sax).
Do you think?

I think all the GTA leads have been very different. I like to play in line with their character if I can. Especially liked playing as a hitman with Niko.

To be honest, I don't know how much a female protagonist would suit a Rockstar game, but yeah, crazy murderous cowgirl could be fun.

rcoobc

Are we talking protagonist or all characters?

rcoobc

A female protagonist would actually suit GTA better than RDR.
Really? I think the opposite. Red Dead Redemption was for a large part about respect. Protecting towns, taking down bad guys, seeking justice and redemption. A female protagonist would be great at that.

GTA... I'm not sure if there is an common theme, other than driving fast, running people over, having sex with hookers, and so on. Of course you can have female characters that suit that world, like Catalina in SA, but would you really want to play as them?

Dumbat12

Enough with this "Strong independent woman who don't need no man". It's stupid.

RDR has no place for female leads. Never heard of a female gunslinger.

Dumbat12

Seems you've taken my post quite literally. Anyway, the point still stands - I have absolutely never heard of any of these women, nor were they a common occurrence. Sure, you had some women who knew how to hold a gun, but in the end - just a few. You can probably count them on your hands. It simply wasn't common and I don't see any reason for that to change just so we can appease the female audience that probably isn't even going to buy the game.

rcoobc

I'm waay too excited about something thats a year away

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems you've taken my post quite literally. Anyway, the point still stands - I have absolutely never heard of any of these women, nor were they a common occurrence. Sure, you had some women who knew how to hold a gun, but in the end - just a few. You can probably count them on your hands. It simply wasn't common and I don't see any reason for that to change just so we can appease the female audience that probably isn't even going to buy the game.
So the character of the game has to fit a stereotype then. It cant just an individual female character who uses guns/kicks ass.

rcoobc

Who the feck cares though? Would you feel the same way about seeing a vehicle that was a few years too early, or an event that was a few years too late.

It's a game. The region isn't even real. It's likely compressing an era that took place over two decades or more, into a game that takes place in a few months.

And it's not like that there simply were no women in this time. They were there. Some were gunslingers, as proven by my post. Just because the last 100 years of westerns have tried to erase them, doesn't make it true.

I'd love a female protagonist, because there are too many generic boring characters.

Edit - the last game had zombies. But a female protagonist is too far

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Really? I think the opposite. Red Dead Redemption was for a large part about respect. Protecting towns, taking down bad guys, seeking justice and redemption. A female protagonist would be great at that.

GTA... I'm not sure if there is an common theme, other than driving fast, running people over, having sex with hookers, and so on. Of course you can have female characters that suit that world, like Catalina in SA, but would you really want to play as them?
I guess growing up in that culture makes me think R* couldn't pull off a female lead without it being cheesy as all get out to me due to the male/female dynamic back then.

Whereas with GTA you can insert anyone into the new multi-protagonist style and make it work. They can act cheesy, over the top, or whatever. But RDR is more of a serious/realistic setting.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That GTA VI(ce) mockup excites me.
It might not have been as technically impressive as San Andreas was, but VC is my favourite PS2 era GTA. The music, the setting, the characters. All of them hit the right spot.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
It might not have been as technically impressive as San Andreas was, but VC is my favourite PS2 era GTA. The music, the setting, the characters. All of them hit the right spot.
Agree with how well they realised the setting. I would love them to return to Miami / Vice City. I think it would be really cool to stick with 3 protagonists, but have each of the protagonists be in a different era - that way you could cover 60s/70s, 80s and maybe present day Miami. Would also be cool to have different variations of the cars, see changes to the architecture, different music, etc. Then events in earlier eras could influence later ones.

Am guessing not an easy task, but as this would be aimed at PS5, maybe it would be achievable?

rcoobc

Trailer tomorrow. Wow.
One of the best ever game I played with such a sad final. Do we know who will be the new character (the son ?)
Yeah, I mean, that's what I would think / hope.

I'd rather not play John Marston anymore. His story is done. RD Redemption was all about his redemption. It wouldn't make sense to go back in time and have his time killing and robbing people.

Everyone is saying "prequel, John Marston", but I think sequel, Jack Marston.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Trailer tomorrow. Wow.

Yeah, I mean, that's what I would think / hope.

I'd rather not play John Marston anymore. His story is done. RD Redemption was all about his redemption. It wouldn't make sense to go back in time and have his time killing and robbing people.

Everyone is saying "prequel, John Marston", but I think sequel, Jack Marston.
I agree, they did a beautiful job with John Marston, great game, great story and great finale. I don't think they will ruin it with a prequel just like I hope it won't be his son we'll play and if it is, I hope it is several years later. Cause his son seriously lacked charisma after having spent so many hours with his father playing.

rcoobc

I agree, they did a beautiful job with John Marston, great game, great story and great finale. I don't think they will ruin it with a prequel just like I hope it won't be his son we'll play and if it is, I hope it is several years later. Cause his son seriously lacked charisma after having spent so many hours with his father playing.
Yeah his son was terrible. But, there is always the chance to completely overhaul his character.